Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Wedding

Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

3001 W. Big Beaver rd., Troy , MI

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 April S

Honestly where do I begin!? We met Steve almost 3 years ago when we first got engaged. I wanted to find a photographer that understood the drama I wanted in my pictures, Steve’s pics said everything. We instantly called him and he spoke to my fiancé for a half hour, who also has... Read More a hobby of photography. Steve told us to come right in the same day and took his time going over everything and showing us all his work. We instantly booked our wedding for 2015 with Steve and couldn't have been happier. Our engagement pics were beautiful! Steve captured exactly what I was looking for. I wanted fall pictures where the colors exploded and he gave us exactly that. Some personal things came up after our engagement pictures and we had to move our wedding date 2 more times which Steve was nothing but accommodating! Finally 2 years later here we are married and I cannot even explain how absolutely gorgeous our wedding pictures came out. I was in a panic the week prior as the weather kept changing and said rain all day, which Steve assured me wouldn’t matter and that the pics would still be astonishing. He told me to stop worrying, which to my surprise even though it down poured all morning, right after the ceremony the sky completely cleared up for the rest of the day. I have heard nothing but compliments on Steve’s work. The bridesmaids and groomsmen loved him and his brother Sam, who was great with the kids! Our ring bearer’s parents were in awe at how Sam got him to stop crying and smile right away. I got a migraine right in the middle of our wedding day and Steve made sure I was doing ok and able to keep on with the pictures, even making sure I had water right by me. Sam was right there too carrying my veil along and picking off prickers that got on my dress as we were at Heritage Park shooting. Steve and Sam were phenomenal. Their personalities are great and we were cracking up all day, they could not have made the day any easier. You can instantly tell that this is Steve’s passion. He is brilliant. His creative mindset was beaming all day and he would do whatever it took to get the perfect shot. We have only seen about 10 photos so far of the 4000+ taken and I am in LOVE with every single one! I am thrilled to see the remainder, but know it’s going to be far too hard to pick out the few for our wedding album. If you are looking for non-traditional, non-boring, dramatic, gorgeous, creative, statement photos, Steve is definitely your guy! His photos speak for themselves and what I truly love is that he doesn’t need Photoshop to make the pictures or yourself look good, he knows his lighting and angles so well. Out of all the vendors we chose, which were all absolutely amazing, Steve has gone above and beyond. By far my favorite vendor and worth every cent! We’ve grown a remarkable friendship with Steve over the last few years and felt as though he was family all day. I cannot wait to meet Steve’s baby girl and see all his photos of her as he is going to be a remarkable father. Steve is now my go to photographer and will be the only one I trust to take maternity photos, baby pics, and family photos in our future! We love you Steve!!!

2016-09-21T10:02:03 Response from the vendor

April and Drew, by far one of the best reviews we have received. Thank you so much for these amazing words. You really made us feel like family and we had an amazing time hanging out with you and your family and friends on your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Cassandra Z

Studio 41 was hands down the single best decision I made for my big day. Steve's incredible talent is undeniable. One look at his portfolio proves that he is an amazing professional whose work would be hard to match. Just look at his sample photos. What his portfolio doesn't... Read More show is his wonderful persona behind the camera. Steve directed every single detail of our entire bridal party to get perfectly posed shots without any photo series becoming tedious. We were laughing all day. My husband and I are not people who naturally pose ourselves into what would be called attractive positions, and yet every single picture of us makes us look like characters from a fairy tale. That is thanks to Steve. He can find magical shots in the most unattractive scenery. Somehow the photos we took outside of a Hampton Inn look like we're in a botanical garden. I should also mention that it is due in large to Steve that our day stayed on schedule. He took photos that I didn't even realize I wanted (until I saw them later) while I was getting ready, and then kept the entire 12 person bridal party in line all the way to the reception. He immediately figured out our group dynamic and played into our personalities to get perfect candid and posed shots of the whole group. He and his assistant, Sam, really clicked with everyone, and I think that made a world of difference. It would be impossible not to be at ease with Steve's direction, and it's this that really sets him apart from other talented photographers. Steve worked with us to create a custom package that fit within our budget, but after seeing the nearly 4,000 beautifully edited shots he created for us, I would have happily paid double my budget to work with him. I cannot recommend him highly enough to everyone. There were even guests at our wedding who have already hired Steve for their own events. He's that impressive. Again, Studio 41 is the best decision we made for our big day.

2015-07-08T21:18:51 Response from the vendor

Hi Cassie, thank you so much for this wonderful and amazing review. I am humbled and we were both honored to have been part of your day. All of you made it fun, and easy to work with to get our shots. So, please give... Read Less Read More

My wedding photos are a dream! Thank you Studio 41!

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Mariam F

Let me start off my saying Steve and his team at Studio 41 are by far THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. You honestly cannot find a more dedicated, passionate, and hard working team that delivers like Studio 41. Out of all the vendors I worked with, Steve was my favorite. He is... Read More hilarious, he made the day so much fun, my family and friends all loved him, and of course, he captured every moment of the wedding in the most beautiful way. This man is a true talent and cannot go unrecognized. Photos were always my biggest worry when it came to planning my wedding, as I'm sure it is for most brides.  What drew me his work was Steve's effortless talent for creating whimsical portraits.  He not only caught every moment of my wedding day, but honestly kept me smiling throughout the entire night and for that I am eternally grateful. You will not regret this investment! Your photos are all you have after the wedding day is over. Make sure you chose a team that gives you what you deserve, make sure that team is Studio 41!

2015-02-11T14:53:27 Response from the vendor

Hi Mariam, thank you so much for your kind words. From the time we all met until the end of your wedding day, I kept thinking, this couple is amazing and I am happy to have been part of their special day. And I am... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Krystina S

Steve is extremely talented and very funny. My husband and I loved working with him. He was very professional and had personality to go along with it!! We had an engagement session that looked so beautiful. He had several ideas to make every picture we took was romantic and... Read More classy. We love ya , Steve!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Rehan Y

I’m not sure how many grooms get on the Knot and write reviews so I hope my review goes to show how much my wife and I enjoyed working with Steve (she reviewed him as well). We had a 2 day wedding and the best vendor we worked with hands down was Steve. On the first day we had... Read More the pleasure of working with Steve and his brother Sam. Sam came to take pictures of me getting ready while Steve went to my wife’s house. Sam was an absolute delight to work with and made the process enjoyable. My family loved him! After we got to the venue, Sam and Steve got to work together. My wife and I went to a nearby park to take pictures after the ceremony and that’s where I saw Steve’s genius in photography. He’s always looking for the next best shot. He’s also very efficient and takes high quality shots in no time. We flew through a shot list we had made for family pics. On the second day of our wedding, we had only Steve and boy did he do a fabulous job. He knows exactly where to take pictures, the best angle, and the best lighting. He understands different cultures and is in tune with people’s preferences. It doesn’t matter if you’re American, Italian, Chaldean, Indian, Pakistani; Steve knows what you want without you having to tell him. Not only did Steve take wonderful pictures, he made sure our events ran on time. It was like having a wedding planner and photographer in one! He sent us a few pictures a day after our wedding and I couldn’t believe how beautiful the unedited pictures looked. Steve’s goal is to make sure he takes a perfect shot so that it doesn’t need editing and this showed in the pictures we received. Wedding photos are the most important part of a wedding because they keep the memories of that special day alive forever. If you want to have that special moment captured in the best possible way, Steve and his team are the way to go. We are excited to work with Steve again in the future. Thanks brother!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Natasha D

I need more stars to select. Steve and his brother Sam were the absolute best part of my wedding. My wedding was 2 days long and we spent so many hours with them. My entire family had so much fun working with them that after the second day was over we missed them terribly.... Read More Get ready to see the most amazing photos of your entire life. We placed a few unedited pics on facebook and our phones and emails have been coming in like crazy from all over asking us where we found this photographer. To quote my dad, the father of the bride "the photographer was the star of the show after the bride and groom". He makes every person feel so special, doesn't miss even one photo op and is so kind and patient with my elderly relatives. Steve also helped keep me on schedule for both of my busy days. He made sure we were on time and helped us get through both days while still having a blast. Steve and Sam became part of the family. Get ready to be on magazines because these pictures are so amazing, we are submitting them to as many publications as we can.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Nadine T

If you are looking for a photographer who is a pleasure to be around and is talented beyond words Studio41 is who you should hire for your big day! When it came to our wedding, our pictures were the most important thing. We wanted someone who would be able to capture our most... Read More special day in the most beautiful way possible. Steve just sent us our photos of the big day and we are BEYOND obsessed!!! We couldn't be happier! He truly made our special day look like a fairytale! Looking at our photos put huge smiles on both of our faces! We couldn't have chosen a better team to capture our day! Honestly, hands down the nicest people to work with! Our family and friends were just as impressed with Steve as we were. Steve, thanks again for keeping us laughing the entire day (even through the days mishaps). We love you guys and can't wait until our next big event to have you be a part of it!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Katie M

When my fiance and I were planning our wedding, one of the things we discussed about a photographer is that we wanted someone who was unique, personal but also affordable for us. I did sooooo much research to try and find the perfect fit for us. I had narrowed it down to two... Read More photographers, Studio 41 being one of them, so I made an appointment for my fiance and I to meet Steve. I remember walking out of our appointment: both of us looked at each other and said 'he's it - he's our photographer.' And it turned out to be the perfect decision for us. Fast forward to our wedding day: Steve, you and Sam are AMAZING! Our entire bridal party thought you two were so funny and easy to work with (as did we). Even with just the teasers we have (which are GORGEOUS), we already know that you two did a wonderful, beautiful job capturing our special day. Thank you for making everything flow smoothly and for just being awesome people. I would 100% recommend you to anyone I know. Much love to you! -Scott and Katie Cain: July 29, 2016

2016-08-18T11:27:31 Response from the vendor

Hi guys. Thank you so much for this beautiful review about us. Sam and I loved working with everyone that was at your wedding, from you (Katie), Scott, the bridal party, and the families. Your wedding was full of love, and lots of emotion as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Tina W

Studio 41 photography and videography was hands down one of the best purchases for our wedding! We had our engagement shoot with Steve last year which was an absolute blast! My fiance now husband was dreading taking pictures for an hour but had a great time! Steve is amazing!... Read More His work is one of a kind! The photos were spectacular! Photos we will always treasure! Steve was amazing throughout the entire process. He helped us to pick out the perfect sites to take pictures at the day off (as we had 4 hours to do so). Waddie and Albyn were our photographers the day of. They were AMAZING. They worked their tails off to make sure we had amazing photos the day of our wedding. My bouquet was gorgeous but weighed 30 lbs and Waddie would be carrying my bouquet and his equipment around to give me a break (I mean who does that!? That was so sweet). Our photos from the day of absolutely blew us away. We had never seen more gorgeous photos. Between the photos at our respective getting ready spots, to the albeit plain church we got married at (which they made look spectacular in photos), to Belle isle, to the detroit library, to the grosse pointe war memorial- hands down the best photos we have ever seen. They were so kind and courteous throughout the day. They even put up with our strict church coordinator in the most professional manner I have seen yet. I cannot speak enough praises about Waddie and Albyn, they were just phenomenal. Jake was our lead videographer. Him and his team were UNREAL. The highlight video looks like it came straight out of hollywood studios. I showed a few people whose husbands do videography for a living and they were just blown away. They have far beyond met our expectations! My husband and I watch the video almost daily! It is a perfect snapshot of our incredible day! The video from the drone is one of the coolest shots we have seen. We loved our venue and the drone perfectly captured the beauty of the building not to mention so many other shots. We cannot wait to see the full length film! I CANNOT THANK STUDIO 41 PHOTOGRAPHY ENOUGH! In the words of Ron Burgundy, I would like to scream it on a mountain top how amazing the team at Studio 41 photography is. You will not be disappointed. I would choose them over and over again if given the chance. The photos and video are a priceless treasure we will always have! THANK YOU AGAIN!

2016-08-08T22:17:20 Response from the vendor

Hi Tina, this is such an amazing review. We can't thank you enough for the kind words. We truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and your willingness to spend time to write this beautiful review. Thank you once again.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Kristina G

We wish we could give them 10/10 stars. Hands down, made our wedding day above and beyond amazing. After seeing our engagement photos, we knew how outstanding this was going to be. Steve, Alvyn, Waddie, and Jake went above and beyond for us. I already knew I was the luckiest... Read More guy in the world, but these guys captured every moment throughout the day. They were absolutely amazing.

2016-07-27T13:23:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Scott, this means a lot and we truly appreciate it my friend.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016

Steve and his crew did an amazing job on my wedding photos. One month after my wedding, Steve sent me all of my photos, that is unheard of! He was a pleasure to work with, and I cannot say nothing but amazing things about his work. He was very professional, organized, and... Read More fun. I already have been told by friends and family how amazing my wedding photos came out. I will recommend Steve and Studio 41 to ALL future couples!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Lorena K

It is pretty obvious by all the reviews here that Steve is the best and it is true. He was the first vendor that we met with (after looking at multiple other photographers online) and there was no need to meet with other photographers. We loved his work, style and personality... Read More right away. He was definitely our favorite vendor. He is very professional which is extremely important to us and very creative. He is very passionate about his work and puts a lot of effort which is shown in his work. We loved working with him and his team and we would recommend Studio41 to everyone!

2016-06-23T18:24:05 Response from the vendor

Hi Lorena and Maysin, thank you so much for this wonderful review. It means a lot :) it was a pleasure working with you and your families and hope to work together in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Badrea E

Hi everyone! Another one of Studio41's very happy brides here! :) first let me begin by saying how great Steve was from day one. He really made me feel important. I had shopped around in the metropolitan area for a few weeks before I finally chose to work with Studio41! Other... Read More photographers didn't make me feel like my wedding was a priority for them and just didn't seem that excited at all. From the beginning Steve was so upbeat and positive and believe me when I tell you-- your wedding day is a LONG DAY! You want your vendors to bring their A game the whole day so that you can get the best possible result afterwards. That's what your photos are.. They're the only evidence of your day once it's long gone. Steves personality was amazing and he literally does not stop moving! He's always creating new poses and that made me really happy because we have no experience modeling so we needed all the help we could get ;) he was also great with extended family and both my husband and my immediate families. They all commented at the end of the night what a great job he did! If you want photos that will literally last a lifetime and will make you relive your wedding day studio41 is who you want to work with! He gives you 150% and when it comes to photos you need to invest in a quality photographer and that's what studio 41 offers to their clients--impeccable quality. Many of my family members took down their contact information after my wedding so that they could utilize this company for their special events--I hope who ever reads this decides to do the same. I promise you won't regret it.

2016-05-22T19:03:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Badrea. This is an amazing review and I cannot thank you enough for it. You guys deserve the best :) We can't wait to work with you and your families again in the future.

Reviewed on 5/04/2016

Steve was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the first day I met with him I instantly knew he was going to make my wedding day look incredible. He and his team are true professionals. Steve has such a passion for his work and it really shows in everything that he does.... Read More Steve was the perfect addition to our wedding. He captured the whole day so beautifully and did not miss a beat. I am beyond pleased with his work ethic and dedication to his clients and especially his brides. I cannot stress enough how happy my husband and I were with Steve, his team, and their work! Perfection! :) :D

2016-05-04T11:00:14 Response from the vendor

Hi Adrianna, thank you so much for these amazing words about our company. It was our pleasure to have been part of your day. Itnwas truly a gorgeous wedding!!!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 April B

5 stars all the way!!!! Steve and his team are the absolute best. They make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera and capture every single moment. I received our pictures weeks early and I am reliving our special day through his work. We are truly blessed to do has... Read More Steve and his team on our special day and I can't imagine using any other photographer after having the Studio 41 experience.

2016-05-02T09:47:35 Response from the vendor

Hi April, thank you so much for this wonderful review and your kind words about our studio. We are truly honored to have been part of your day. Thank you for giving us the opportunity. You deserve the best :)

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Lisa T

Even months later, we still cannot find the words to adequately express our gratitude. Finding Steve to capture one of the most special days of our lives was the biggest blessing. His passion for photography shines through in his creative, one of a kind photos, and his love... Read More for what he does is reflected in his enthusiasm and excitement during shoots. His fun and calming demeanor had our entire wedding party comfortable and laughing the entire day!!! Not only did we enjoy our experience with Steve and his assistant Sam, but we are also obsessed with the end product!!!! We will cherish our photos for a lifetime because they truly capture our love, the beauty of Detroit, and so many happy moments with the people we treasure most. How Steve managed to give 3000 fully edited photos to us so quickly is beyond me! Steve came highly recommended from friends of ours, yet he still exceeded all of our expectations. Picking Studio 41 Photography was the single best wedding decision we made in every aspect, so we will absolutely be working with Steve again in the future! We cannot thank him enough for helping make our wedding so memorable and special and for the amazing photos we now have to relive all of our big day! - Lisa and Kevin S

2016-04-27T17:23:00 Response from the vendor

Hi Lisa!!! Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a great pleasure and honor to have been part of your big day. We really appreciate you taking the time to say these kind words about our work!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Ashley T

If you are looking the best look no further! Studio 41 is simply the best. There are too many great things to say about Studio 41 and Steve. They are by far one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. After our engagement session with Steve we were absolutely certain... Read More we had found the best! Steve made us laugh the entire time and made sure we got every shot we wanted. Our engagement pictures were stunning and I had no worries that our wedding pictures were going to be just as amazing. Steve and his team made an entire day of taking 1000s of pictures FUN! They captured every moment of our special day and made it something we can cherish forever. I have no words to describe just how beautiful our wedding pictures are. Studio 41 has by far exceeded every expectation I had when picking a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 2/20/2016 Ilana S

When I was planning my wedding I knew that the photography would be the most important part of my day. I don't understand how some people book their photographer last minute or try to save $ by choosing an amateur photographer...but I digress. I met with several photographers... Read More before my wedding with prices ranging from $2,000-$8,000. It was nuts. I did my research, and tried to meet with as many photographers as possible. I met with Steve first and probably should've stopped after that. It would've saved me a lot of gas, time, and headache :) Steve was the most genuine, most knowledgeable, and most talented photographer that I met with. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. He went out of his way to show me photographs that he had taken at my wedding venue. Steve also have the best packages and value for your money. So many other photographers do things a la carte which I found irritating. When I booked Steve, I felt 100% confident that he would do a great job. He is super easy to work with and is a very prompt communicator (he gets back to emails super fast). Our engagement photos & wedding photos turned out amazing. I always felt comfortable with Steve & Sam and they made me laugh and feel relaxed. I highly recommend Studio 41 photography. After all, your wedding photos are the only tangible memories you have from such a special day - you might as well go with the best :)

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 amberly m

Steve and his assistant were wonderful to work with for my wedding. They were so down to earth and made me feel so comfortable. I would recommend them to anyone!!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016

Upon deciding our wedding date, my husband and I were looking for a photographer that was as excited about our wedding as we were. Upon speaking with Steve, we both found his enthusiasm beamingly contagious... We had to choose Steve and his team to capture one of the most... Read More important days of of our lives! Steve was extremely accomodating and unbelievably caring... He even called me a few days before the wedding to ask if there was anything he could do to make the wedding day as comfortable as possible. Steve's assistant, Waddie, was unbelievable and their teamwork was exceptional. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and our photos were breathtaking... I had always dreamt of a winter white wedding-- Studio 41 made that dream come to life. My husband and I cannot thank Steve and his team enough for the impressive service and accomodations. 'One million stars' to you and your team Steve- Keep up the amazing work! Hasan & Meisaa Abbas 1.10.16

2016-02-09T14:51:27 Response from the vendor

Hi Hasan and Meissa, I wanted to thank for such a wonderful review about our company, what a great way to start the year. It was an honor and a wonderful opportunity to have been part of such a great day. We truly appreciate you... Read Less Read More

They were amazing!!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Colleen S

We used Studio 41 as our Photographer and Videographer. Our whole experience with them was amazing!!! They made us feel extremely comfortable the whole time and had wonderful shot ideas! We are very pleased with them and I would recommend them to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lindsey S

Our wedding was on 10-17-15. I don't think there is enough room here to write everything I want to say about Steve. In short, Steve is absolutely amazingggggggggg. Seriously!!!!! We felt so comfortable with Steve, that when it was over, it was sad that we wouldn't be seeing him... Read More again. How many vendors can you say that about?? He is such a wonderful, thoughtful and caring person. It's extremely obvious he is there for you and only wants to do whatever he can to give you the best pictures. He is with you from the time you wake up, till the time you leave the hall...that is rare to find these days!! We can't say enough about Steve and his videography team. They were an extremely large party of what made our wedding even more than we could have ever imagined! If you want a personable, caring, reasonably priced photographer and videographer, there is no need to look any further. Steve is your guy!!! I wish I could give him 100 stars because he truly deserves it!! Thank you so much Steve!!! Lindsey & Andrew

2015-10-31T10:05:27 Response from the vendor

Hi Lindsey, holy cow!!! All I can say is wow! Thank you, thank you thank you 😊. I read that review with kelly and it made me so happy to know that you and Andrew are happy and that makes me love what I do... Read Less Read More

Can I leave 100 stars?!?!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Katie E

Steve, Matt and I cannot thank you and Sam enough for all your hard work and dedication to us. Our engagement photos were so wonderful we really cannot wait to see what you did with the wedding! Listen up brides-to-be, husbands-to-be or anyone looking for a photographer GO SEE... Read More STEVE. He is such a nice guy and will keep you laughing through the difficult moments. But most of all, Steve is a professional. His work is art and you will feel privileged to have been his subject. I know that sounds corny but it is the truth! Steve will NOT disappoint.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Sarah P

Steve and Sam were absolutely amazing. They had high energy and excitement all day long and kept the wedding party entertained. Steve is creative and creates one of a kind images. I was floored away with the results. It will be hard to pick just a few to print out. I would... Read More highly recommend Steve and Studio 41 again.

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

Steve and his team were amazing on our wedding day! They were fun, super creative and fit right in! It was a big Indian wedding and they just went with it, they made sure they captured all the details and made it a memorable and special time! Steve and his team exceeded our... Read More expectations, and the photos speak for themselves. The studio 41 team is exceptional and very talented! Can't thank the team enough!

2015-09-24T11:43:44 Response from the vendor

Hi Kunjan, thanks so much for this amazing review. We truly appreciate it. We had a blast working with you and Hemal on your amazing wedding and we would love to be part of your future events as well. Can't wait to work on your... Read Less Read More

Start a Conversation!