Documentary, Lifestyle

Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Second Shooter Available

Chicago, IL (815) 243-0288

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Marcella H

So what you need to know about me is that I am the stereotypical type-A personality and had very high demands on my wedding vendors to be organized, professional, great at what they do, and basically stop me from worrying even one bit on my wedding day. And those things... Read More perfectly described Ela & Jason. First, the photos came out beyond my wildest dreams. They got all the shots I wanted and then some. And note my wedding was in March and it was on and off raining that day! Ela & Jason are just top notch. After our first meeting I knew they had everything under control. So much so that I didn't even worry about the wedding day rain because I knew they had backup plans upon backup plans and strategies to get us to our outdoor shots without ruining my hair / makeup. From a planning perspective, we met with them twice in person (and had healthy email communication). They will come up with location suggestions based on what type of photos we were looking for. They will mapped a route (and directed our trolley driver!). They are super organized but still flexible. And they catch both the staged (but somehow not awkward) poses and the candids perfectly. Highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Stephanie K

Haven't gotten our wedding pictures yet but our engagement pics were EXACTLY what we wanted so I can't imagine our wedding photos being anything less than perfect. Jason and Ela really made an effort to get every shot that was important to us. If any are missing - it's my own... Read More fault! I was too excited to hold still :) Jason and Ela make a fantastic team and I couldn't imagine hiring anyone else for our big day!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Jaimie C

We were referred to Jason & Ela by a friend and damn are we grateful. They're both incredible talented and professional, and so much fun to work with throughout the process. They try hard to get to know you and capture everything you want on the wedding day. They're so skilled... Read More at directing traffic through the chaos, we got lots of compliments from family and our wedding party. The packages are not cheap but include an engagement shoot and you get digital copies of all the photos and free printing rights for the couple. Their turnaround time is relatively quick compared to the competition. Most of all, they're fun, interesting people who are the best at what they do, so if you like their style while clicking through galleries go ahead and book 'em quick!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Jordan E

Ela and Jason are a joy to work with! They are superb at what they do and the sweetest married couple you'll meet. They maintained such a relaxed and sweet attitude throughout the whole wedding. They are extremely organized. Truly the perfect photographer couple to be with on... Read More your wedding day! We received compliment and after compliment from family and friends at our wedding about Ela and Jason.

Beautiful photographs

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Katie M

My husband and I were delighted to work with Ela and Jason of studio finch. We were amazed by the photographs they had from past weddings when we met for our initial consult and found their pricing super easy to follow. We just loved how beautiful our pictures turned out and... Read More could not be more pleased in how they captured our wedding, you see we didn't want tons of posed shots, photo journalist styling to the day - it was perfect and the captured the couple posed shots our moms wanted too, without fuss.

Want a Fairytale Wedding???

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Mandy B

Our pictures from Studio Finch are amazing. Everyone says so. Ela and Jason are a husband and wife team with a knack for making your big day look like a fairy tale. I thought their prices were very reasonable for the quality of product that you get back, and they have great... Read More add-ons like a photobooth or hard-bound photo book. They take pics in the photo-journalistic style, and started our engagement session off with the traditional hugging and kissing shots. My advice is that if you want to do things for your pics that stray from the traditional (like jumping off a dune), just tell them. They were great with us with taking direction, and we know we'll get exactly the pics we want!

Outstanding

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Eric E

We kind of stumbled upon Jason and Ela about a year ago, which was about a year or so after they had started doing the wedding pictures. My then-fiancée showed me three sets of pictures from three different photographers — including Studio Finch — and it was a no-brainer to me:... Read More their stuff was clearly the best. It's not your typical wedding photography; it's more artistic, and they tend to gravitate more towards the hipster, artsy, crafty weddings. That said, I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking two hardworking, talented and likeable photographers who seek to know their clients and the wedding look they are trying to achieve. Jason and Ela were a pleasure to work with, and I can give them nothing but my highest recommendation. The early photos we have received have left us and our family and friends in awe — no joke.