Stumptown DJs

Portland Metro Area, including Salem, Vancouver & Hood River

Professional, Affordable, Flexible, Simple, & Fun!

Stumptown DJs is a Portland DJ and entertainment company located in the heart of the city. We provide customers with an affordable, professional and talented DJ service that's simple, flexible and fun for everyone. Our services range from $200 to $300 per hour. Call today!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

2552 NW Vaughn Street, Portland, OR Portland Metro Area, including Salem, Vancouver & Hood River (503) 877-3357

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Stumptown DJs recently performed our wedding and reception and I would highly recommend them! DJ Andrew was incredibly professional and did an amazing job. Stumptown DJs worked with us to make our wedding unique and also fun our guests. Everyone had such a great time and many... Read More guests complimented both the ceremony as well as the dinner and reception music played. The planning leading up to the wedding was easy and Stumptown DJs had so many great suggestions for us in order to make our special day flow perfectly. Having DJ Andrew do our wedding/reception really made everything a lot easier on us the day of the wedding and more enjoyable for our guests. I highly recommend Stumptown DJs!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 susan p

DJ Samir and Matthew were fantastic to work with! Very flexible, organized, on top of all that was needed to make our wedding truly a special event! We got more complements about our DJ and the quality of his work. Truly an easy vendor to work with; song selection was... Read More fantastic, forms were sent to prompt us about what decisions we needed to make including many things we would never have thought about. The value for the service also awesome. I can't say how appreciative we were to have found the perfect match for our wedding.

Smooth operator

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Chris J

Matt did a wonderful job, pre-wedding planning and guidance. Plus the day of Matt help moved the event along and hit all the timeline goals, along with keeping 80% of guest on the dance floor. We had wonderful comments from our guests about Stumptown DJs. We'd use them again.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Christina F

Stumptown was so easy to work with, from their website with DJ interviews and sample playlists to the online song database and wedding playlists, everything was easy and simple to use. We chose DJ Casey who was easily one of the highlights of the day. He came out to greet us @... Read More our car when we arrived and let us know that our photographers were ready for our entrance. He played music that we chose, music that was requested by guests, and music that he knew would work the crowd. He was able to do a special song for my sorority sisters and learned how to say the sorority name! I was not planning on that at all, so it was so great that he rolled with the change. Casey, Tammy, and the owner were all fantastic to deal with and made the dance portion of the night absolute perfection.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Emily A

Denis was wonderful! We loved working with him and he did a fantastic job keeping everyone dancing the whole night long. He goes above and beyond and could not recommend him more!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Jon H

We had a great time and the dance floor was full all night. We would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Ashlee H

Our DJ was absolutely incredible - he kept the party going all night long! Long after we should have left the venue. We loved his style, music choices and the party he helped create. You will not go wrong with these guys!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Breanne G

Jai at Stumptown DJs was a dream DJ to work with. He understood the vibe of all aspects of our wedding, what we as a couple were about, our likes and our dislikes. He honored all of our wishes and made the night magical. There was a sensational blend of music that kept people on... Read More the dance floor until the final moments of the wedding. We even had multiple people tell us after that they had been to multiple weddings this year and that ours had the best music and the best diversity of music that seemingly went together. I cannot recommend Stumptown, and Jai in particular, enough. They were great to work with with incredible efficient and effective communication, which as a bride who was high on stress but low on time, was incredibly appreciated.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Lira R

DJ Jai was awesome in working with us for our big day - we didn't really have a set preference on music and he gave us some ideas as well as guidance on what we could play. His choice of music fit perfectly with our vineyard wedding venue and our guests had a lot fun on the... Read More dance floor! He went the extra mile in ensuring that all other multi-media logistics were taken care of, and we highly appreciate that! Thank you so much Jai for the awesome work and making our day special!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Ashley M

Stumptown DJs was a great company to work with. They're super attentive, crazy knowledgeable, and they have prices to fit all wedding budgets. Totally worth the money... oh, and they for sure kept the dance party going.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Hailee P

Our DJ, Denis, really made the night go just that much more smoothly! He worked well with my day-of coordinator as well as the other vendors we hired. He was really flexible with our schedule and even gave us tips when we needed it with how things normally go or how they may go... Read More potentially smoother. He was very organized and communicated often and in a timely manner. I would highly suggest Denis and the Stumptown DJs!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Sara K

We booked DJ Jai for our wedding after watching each of the DJ's videos on the website. While we can't speak for any of the other DJ's, Jai was wonderful. He spent time getting to know us and our musical tastes. He helped us pick music and did a wonderful of job of selecting... Read More songs throughout the night to keep everybody dancing. For the buffet dismissal he actually walked around and told tables to get up. (Which was so wonderful, because when everybody is talking you can never hear the announcements). I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Hannah S

Jai DJed our wedding at Husum Highlands B&B and our dance floor was constantly full, if it wasn't for the venues curfew we could have danced all night. People kept commenting to us how much fun the dance floor was and how great the music was! Not only did Jai play great music... Read More and kept the flow of the wedding going MCing but he was also very organized and was actually the only vender who checked in with us to make sure everything was ready to go. We would definitely recommend Jai at Stumptown DJs to dj your wedding!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Molly R

We booked DJ Drew for our wedding in August 2017 at my parents farm outside of portland. The whole experience working with stumptown djs was very pleasant. Everyone we talked to was friendly and they were very thorough in understanding the details of our event. The best part was... Read More that I felt like I could trust Drew and the company in general, so even though I had never met any of them face to face until the day of the wedding, I felt like I could trust them to take care of what I needed them to do. I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day because of that. I thought the value was great too - they were a lot cheaper than other djs we looked at in the area and I didn't see any sacrifice in service because of that. Overall, everything went smoothly and we were very pleased with the service!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Niki G

DJ Katie was the best DJ a bride and groom could ask for. She was on top of everything from the beginning and was very open to all suggestions we had for music and mixing everything to a T. We loved her personality as an emcee and she was orderly and organized. We had the best... Read More day- in huge part to knowing she had everything down without a hitch. Would definitely go with Stumptown and Katie again!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017

From the first phone call just to inquire information, my now husband and I knew that Stumptown was the perfect fit for us on our wedding day. They have a wide variety of Dj's to select from with many different musical backgrounds. We selected Jai because we wanted a wide... Read More variety of music to accommodate all ages and musical taste. We spoke on the phone multiple times so that he could get to know my husband and I's personalities and history together. Also to understand what we were looking for on our wedding day. I gave him my timeline with the selected songs I wanted for key times and the rest was just open. I did not know how the songs I selected would play out but I had total confidence. Boy was I right in trusting him. Every song played was timed perfectly and portrayed the perfect love story. He had a vast knowledge base of all kinds of music and helped me create the perfect timeline of events for my wedding. A DJ has a huge role not just only with the music, but they have to be personable and guide the flow of the wedding. Jai had the perfect easy going and professional way about him that fit perfectly on our special day. Thank you everyone at Stumptown and especially Jai!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Anthony M

Stumptown DJs, and especially DJ Casey, was absolutely fantastic. My wife and I were nervous about our DJ situation because it is such an important part of the wedding day, but Casey delivered even beyond our expectations. Casey was professional, courteous, and always willing to... Read More accommodate our every wish for the wedding - even rearranging toasts at the last minute and checking-in with us throughout the evening. He was very friendly and had a smile on the entire day! Stumptown DJ’s website is easy to navigate, and is very helpful when selecting different songs to play during the wedding, cocktail hour, dinner, etc. My wife and I can’t thank DJ Casey enough for his kindness and thorough care with the day’s music and for MC’ing the toast/speech portion of the evening as well. We highly recommend him, and Stumptown DJs for any of your wedding day needs.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Kristine P

When we were planning our wedding, one of the last vendors we hired was our DJ. It wasn’t for lack of trying. We browsed through several vendors’ website looking for the right DJ and found that so many emphasized the “party” aspect of the wedding. We already knew our wedding was... Read More going to be a fantastic party. We were looking for someone who would enhance it, not distract from it. We wanted someone professional, who felt the same way we did about the role of the DJ. Unfortunately the task of finding the appropriate DJ proved harder than expected. We searched various sites and asked for recommendations but nothing we found represented the level of professionalism that we were looking for. We called several companies that were borderline acceptable, and not surprisingly we didn’t receive a call back from either of them. The search was going so poorly in fact that and we were on the brink of changing our approach, that is until we stumbled upon Stumptown Djs. What we immediately noticed was the investment and time spent on their website, it was professionally done, clean, and clearly catered to a wide audience. We were able to get a sense of the individual DJ’s they employed, all of which were hirable for our event (providing they weren’t already booked) and we decided right then and there which DJ we felt would best suit our wedding (DJ Samir). We reached out that night asking to set up a consultation and we received a response back promptly from Matt (the owner of the company) looking to setup a time. From there the experience was on rails, Matt was a breeze to work with providing us with information, recommendations, and the tools necessary to formulate playlists including access to their online song database. We were able to put together what we thought would be the best playlists for the various portions of our wedding, and let Matt, and Samir fill in any other gaps. Days before the wedding Matt and Samir individually helped us flesh out our wedding timeline to ensure that we were all on the same page for announcements, speeches, and the overall flow of events. On the actual wedding day Samir was prompt, on time, and ready to go. He knew everything we wanted played, when to play what playlists, how to introduce us on our entrances, and how to pronounce the names of each speech giver. He was the consummate professional we had hoped to hire and more. As the wedding progressed Samir had people dancing all night with perfect song timing, understanding the flow and vibe of the crowd and reacting accordingly. Suffice to say the Stumptown hiring was a huge success and worth every penny, we were not disappointed in the least and would recommend them for virtually any style event needing an MC.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Josh S

We found our experience with Stumptown to be one of the easiest parts of planning our wedding. We chose them after talking with 4-5 DJ's. What we found was that most DJ's were one-man shows that focused entirely on weddings. The DJ's at stumptown, on the other hand, were a... Read More little more in-tune with what people actually listen too whether we're talking music appropriate for cocktail hour, dinner, or dancing. We worked with Jai. What we appreciated most was that he was genuinely excited to work our wedding. His enthusiasm made it easy to go thru the task of picking the various ceremony songs and crafting playlists for each phase of the day. As far as cost goes, they weren't at the bottom but also weren't out of family with the rest of the market. I'd highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Josilyn V

We had such a blast with DJ Denis for our wedding reception. Stumptown has a nice online database that we got to use to create playlists for each part of the night. The whole process was very organized with helpful reminders leading up to the day. Denis met with us beforehand to... Read More go over details and made the planning fun and easy. Throughout the reception, he checked with us occasionally about timing but otherwise took care of everything so we didn't have to think about the order of events. The dance floor stayed busy and we loved all of the music. Such a great night and we would certainly recommend Stumptown DJs!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Brittany M

Matt from Stumptown DJs is who we used for our wedding and everything went flawlessly from start to finish! We had multiple people come up to us at the wedding to tell us how awesome he was, and we couldn't have been happier. He made the entire process easy and personalized... Read More the music to our needs. We highly recommend Matt and this company to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Jarett G

We are grateful to have had StumptownDJs provide us quality DJ services for our wedding reception. Up front, they have a detailed, uniform process for gathering information on your event, presumably based on best practices, which allows Matt (the owner) and the DJ you choose (we... Read More chose DJ Casey) to have a clear picture of your event. In terms of the day of, they are professionals. We didn't have to worry about anything concerning set-up or tear-down, Casey was very personable and constantly checked in with us, and all our guests had an amazing time. If you are thinking of hiring StumptownDJs, we advise that you 1.) really take the time to fill out the playlists from the database they give you, and 2.) stress anything important/specific to them during the phone calls that you really want, i.e. specific songs, time to move on the in the schedule, etc. You can never provide enough information - know that they are there to receive it and deliver you a great event! Overall, we recommend StumptownDJs for your next wedding, reception or any other event!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Sarah K

DJ Katie made our wedding reception a smashing success! Can't say enough good things about our experience with Stumptown DJs and DJ Katie. I worked with Matt (who I think is the owner) and Katie (who was the DJ at our wedding) and both were extremely friendly and helpful in... Read More making sure we considered all the details of what we wanted at the wedding. Our wedding party had some eclectic musical tastes (plus my husband absolutely had to have Scorpions as part of the line up). We relied on Katie to integrate everyone's suggestions and keep people dancing, and she did just that! Everyone from my 4-year-old niece to 84-year-old grandma was on the dance floor. My sister-in-law likes to pick a "best thing" about every wedding she goes to (no two weddings can have the same one) and she decided we had the best music! Would happily work with these guys again for any event!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Casey C

We worked with DJ Casey and he was so great! He really took into account our music preferences, while also reading the crowd really well. Our dance floor was packed all night! He was also an excellent MC. He worked with our Day-of-Coordinator to make sure all the announcements... Read More were made in a timely manner, and that we stuck to our schedule as much as possible. We also had some last minute day-of changes, and Casey was very accommodating and flexible. Their rates are very reasonable for the excellent service we received. We can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jessie S

Katie from Stumptown DJ's was incredible to work with, and added an amazing element to our wedding! From the planning phase to the day of, Katie was professional, funny and a dream to work with. The only things to surpass her fantastic organizational wizardry were her DJing... Read More skills - she kept people dancing all night long! She facilitated everything perfectly, and the whole day and night went off without one problem. Thank you so much for an unforgettable time!

Matthew Kurowski

A native to Michigan, Matt Kurowski is the founder of Stumptown DJs and has been DJing various events for several years. Moving from Michigan to Los Angeles (for six years) and then to Portland in 2007, Matt noticed how tight money was getting for soon-to-be-married couples. So he decided to create an affordable DJ business for people who want quality service at a reasonable price. A professional, organized and flexible DJ, Matt caters to a variety of clients and is always willing to adjust to their needs (e.g., games, event management, song requests, announcements, etc.). On the day of, he