Stumptown DJs

Portland Metro Area, including Salem, Vancouver & Hood River

Professional, Affordable, Flexible, Simple, & Fun!

Stumptown DJs is a Portland DJ and entertainment company located in the heart of the city. We provide customers with an affordable, professional and talented DJ service that's simple, flexible and fun for everyone. Our services range from $200 to $300 per hour. Call today!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

2552 NW Vaughn Street, Portland, OR Portland Metro Area, including Salem, Vancouver & Hood River (503) 877-3357

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Stumptown DJs recently performed our wedding and reception and I would highly recommend them! DJ Andrew was incredibly professional and did an amazing job. Stumptown DJs worked with us to make our wedding unique and also fun our guests. Everyone had such a great time and many... Read More guests complimented both the ceremony as well as the dinner and reception music played. The planning leading up to the wedding was easy and Stumptown DJs had so many great suggestions for us in order to make our special day flow perfectly. Having DJ Andrew do our wedding/reception really made everything a lot easier on us the day of the wedding and more enjoyable for our guests. I highly recommend Stumptown DJs!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 susan p

DJ Samir and Matthew were fantastic to work with! Very flexible, organized, on top of all that was needed to make our wedding truly a special event! We got more complements about our DJ and the quality of his work. Truly an easy vendor to work with; song selection was... Read More fantastic, forms were sent to prompt us about what decisions we needed to make including many things we would never have thought about. The value for the service also awesome. I can't say how appreciative we were to have found the perfect match for our wedding.

Smooth operator

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Chris J

Matt did a wonderful job, pre-wedding planning and guidance. Plus the day of Matt help moved the event along and hit all the timeline goals, along with keeping 80% of guest on the dance floor. We had wonderful comments from our guests about Stumptown DJs. We'd use them again.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Brittany M

Matt from Stumptown DJs is who we used for our wedding and everything went flawlessly from start to finish! We had multiple people come up to us at the wedding to tell us how awesome he was, and we couldn't have been happier. He made the entire process easy and personalized... Read More the music to our needs. We highly recommend Matt and this company to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Jarett G

We are grateful to have had StumptownDJs provide us quality DJ services for our wedding reception. Up front, they have a detailed, uniform process for gathering information on your event, presumably based on best practices, which allows Matt (the owner) and the DJ you choose (we... Read More chose DJ Casey) to have a clear picture of your event. In terms of the day of, they are professionals. We didn't have to worry about anything concerning set-up or tear-down, Casey was very personable and constantly checked in with us, and all our guests had an amazing time. If you are thinking of hiring StumptownDJs, we advise that you 1.) really take the time to fill out the playlists from the database they give you, and 2.) stress anything important/specific to them during the phone calls that you really want, i.e. specific songs, time to move on the in the schedule, etc. You can never provide enough information - know that they are there to receive it and deliver you a great event! Overall, we recommend StumptownDJs for your next wedding, reception or any other event!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Sarah K

DJ Katie made our wedding reception a smashing success! Can't say enough good things about our experience with Stumptown DJs and DJ Katie. I worked with Matt (who I think is the owner) and Katie (who was the DJ at our wedding) and both were extremely friendly and helpful in... Read More making sure we considered all the details of what we wanted at the wedding. Our wedding party had some eclectic musical tastes (plus my husband absolutely had to have Scorpions as part of the line up). We relied on Katie to integrate everyone's suggestions and keep people dancing, and she did just that! Everyone from my 4-year-old niece to 84-year-old grandma was on the dance floor. My sister-in-law likes to pick a "best thing" about every wedding she goes to (no two weddings can have the same one) and she decided we had the best music! Would happily work with these guys again for any event!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Casey C

We worked with DJ Casey and he was so great! He really took into account our music preferences, while also reading the crowd really well. Our dance floor was packed all night! He was also an excellent MC. He worked with our Day-of-Coordinator to make sure all the announcements... Read More were made in a timely manner, and that we stuck to our schedule as much as possible. We also had some last minute day-of changes, and Casey was very accommodating and flexible. Their rates are very reasonable for the excellent service we received. We can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jessie S

Katie from Stumptown DJ's was incredible to work with, and added an amazing element to our wedding! From the planning phase to the day of, Katie was professional, funny and a dream to work with. The only things to surpass her fantastic organizational wizardry were her DJing... Read More skills - she kept people dancing all night long! She facilitated everything perfectly, and the whole day and night went off without one problem. Thank you so much for an unforgettable time!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jennifer Q

Consider the vibe you want for your wedding and go with one of their DJs. Katie was perfect for our wedding! She tried hard to understand what we were looking for when it came to our non traditional wedding, and tried to put her own flare on it as well. She's awesome.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Margie D

We hired Stumptown DJs for our wedding about four months beforehand and they were so awesome to work with! They were extremely professional and totally on top of everything before our wedding. We had DJ Denis as our DJ and he was so great! He called us the week of to go over the... Read More day-of timeline as well as all the songs we wanted played and when. You could tell that he has a natural ability of keeping the party going, and that is exactly what we wanted! He absolutely nailed it the day of, so much so that we could've danced all night long if time permitted us to. If at all possible, book DJ Denis for your upcoming event/wedding! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Amelia C

Communication was an issue from the beginning with this company. I booked them 9 months before the wedding, and although I tried to iron out details with them well before the wedding, I was surprised with last minute emails the week of the wedding about things they needed from... Read More me. To be clear, I had been emailing them the last couple months asking to speak with my DJ, what else they needed from me, etc, and was blown off. Then this last week before the wedding, I get a 6 page document from them that needed to be filled out a month or so ago, and only got to talk to my DJ 2 days before the wedding. On the wedding night, we had a very strict out time of 10 PM or be charged another $300/half hour, and the DJ was told multiple times to play the last song of the night at 9:45 PM. That did NOT happen. The DJ kept playing music until well after 10, and he told us he thought he was there until 11. Nothing on his contract said 11 PM. That being said, our DJ, Casey, was very nice, but the stress put on us the last week of the wedding and lack of communication was not worth the money we paid at all.

2016-10-19T17:49:29 Response from the vendor

Amelia, thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is always appreciated and will help us to improve. Our goal is to respond to every email within 48 hours and it seems that we met that goal in this particular case.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Meg G

Stumptown DJs were super professional and great to work with. We had DJ Jai at our wedding and he corresponded with me several times ahead of the wedding to make sure we had a timeline ironed out and all the songs and vibe we wanted. He also brought all the equipment needed for... Read More my brothers to officiate and play the guitar during the ceremony. He made sure to make the whole event personal to us and keep everything running smoothly. We had tons of fun dancing our butts off all night! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Isauro G

Working with Matt and his team at Stump Town DJ’s was a complete pleasure. From start to finish, communication was clear, service was professional and their process of organizing for our reception (@ Coopers Hall, Portland Oregon) was easy and efficient. This made all the... Read More difference since my wife and I were organizing from Australia…yes Australia. Despite the distance, Matt and his team were easy to contact via telephone and email. Once we landed in Portland a week before our big day, there wasn’t much left to do. Matt and his team were very well organised. DJ Drew was our guy for the wedding, and he exceeded all expectations. We chose some songs through the Stump Town DJs' online website to give DJ Drew a flavor of what we liked and he took it from there. I’d like to note that their playlist is very comprehensive and easy to organize. DJ Drew read the atmosphere and the guests very well. While we gave him some “must play songs”, everything he played during dinner, speeches, cake cutting and finally the dancing was all perfect. My only regret is that I didn’t get a chance to at least chat with DJ Drew…I was too busy enjoying myself on the dance floor:) Thank you Matt, DJ Drew and Stump Town DJ’s crew for making our reception a wonderful night that we and our guests will always remember!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Tim G

Stumptown DJs provided a top notch service. They truly get it. They were nothing but professional leading up to the wedding. They communicate well and have a solid website in place to help manage your song list. We were randomly assigned Drew and he was a really nice guy who... Read More seemed like a seasoned pro. He kept the entire party dancing all night. He also did a good job with the second set up we used for the ceremony. If you need amplification for your ceremony, their second setup is a pretty good deal. Overall, we were very pleased with the service Stumptown provided, and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a low maintenance, professional experience.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Katie P

DJ Drew did SUCH an amazing job at our wedding. He was truly the perfect DJ. He didn't hog the mic or make himself the center of attention, yet he was able to direct the crowd really well. He played really great music and kept the dance party going for hours. Stumptown was easy... Read More to work with. They gave us a large music database to choose from and downloaded any song requests that weren't already in the database. The best part was that we didn't need to tell Drew exactly was music to play-- we selected a few songs for each time of the night (cocktail hour, dinner, dancing) and he created the rest of the playlist based on our selections. It was great to not have to spend hours picking out each song. DJ Drew even checked in with me (the bride) a few times during the reception to make sure that I was happy with the music. I really appreciated that. He definitely was working hard to ensure the music was exactly what we wanted. Our wedding would not have been as fun without him!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Lauren K

We are so happy with our experience with Stumptown! Matt the owner was responsive, kind and professional. I cannot say enough about how fantastic Casey was for our wedding. He knew exactly how to read our guests, and kept the music flowin' and the dance floor FULL the entire... Read More duration of the wedding reception. We loved having him as an addition to our wedding, and he fit right in with our guests (who loved him as well)! Do yourself a favor and hire Casey!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Tasha S

We loved DJ Jai! He did a great job using music to keep the energy level right where we needed it from the cocktail hour all through to the very end of the night. He accommodated our wacky requests and when our daughter fell and scraped her leg, he ran to get a wet cloth and a... Read More band-aid to clean and protect it. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Serena C

Stumptown DJs did such a fabulous job communicating with us during the planning process and during our wedding. We had a small party of 40 people so keeping the right feeling all night was important to us. Stumptown took plenty of time to hear what we wanted and hash out a... Read More plan before the event.  Their questions really helped us think through the details ahead of time. They communicated with our officiant and other vendors. As a result the evening went so smoothly.   We watched the Youtube videos and hired Jai. He was both laid back and on top of things. He checked in with us ahead of the event to go over details and throughout the evening to make sure we were happy. He played the music we wanted and helped us with a few games. Our guests had nothing but good things to say about Jai.  They had so much fun on the dance floor.  Some of them, our parents included, even surprised themselves because they couldn't help but get up and dance a bit.  The ones that kept the floor hot all night had a blast. He read the crowd just right. We whole heartedly recommend Stumptown Djs!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Deborah C

Our reception venue recommended Sumptown to us during the planning process. We couldn't be happier! Katie was our DJ and guided us along, checking in regularly, giving us great advice, and was awesome. She helped run a smooth wedding reception and her music selection was perfect... Read More with plenty of compliments from our guests! I had no concern about an empty dance floor with her in charge. It couldn't have been better!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Kate O

Our DJ Jai was awesome! Matt called us for the initial consultation, and was very flexible and let us have a phone meeting. Jai had a follow-up conversation to figure out the details and make sure our day went smoothly. It was perfect! Jai provided a great mix of music, got... Read More people dancing and having fun. We couldn't have asked for more.

Reviewed on 3/19/2016

Stumptown DJ'd our wedding last summer and were amazing every step of the way. They were such pros, and had 2 calls with us ahead of time to make sure everyone was on the same page. The day of the wedding we had DJ Casey, who arrived early, and was so nice, responsive to our... Read More needs, and most of all, a great DJ! Stumptown allows you to pick a lot of your music, but Casey made sure everything he played outside of our lists was A+ and kept the vibe up. Multiple people complimented us on our music both during and after the wedding. In fact, months later, when my sister-in-law was planning for her wedding, she loved our music so much she asked if she could have our playlists. There was no way, I thought, that Stumptown would have saved them, but sure enough, Casey emailed everything to me right away! I would highly recommend Stumptown and Casey because they're not only total pros, they're thoughtful, attentive, and most of all, awesome DJs!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Kate R

Stumptown DJs did a wonderful job at our wedding. We had DJ Katie. She was awesome. Helped our night go smoothly and without a hitch. If you are looking for a great DJ go with Stumptown!

Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Ashley T

I highly recommend Stumptown DJ's to any Portland bride. They had exceptional service. They worked with me so that it turned out exactly how I envisioned. DJ Drew did my wedding reception. He really knew how to read the crowd to keep the party going and he was great at... Read More communicating with me and my planner throughout the night to ensure that everything was happening on time and how I wanted.

DJ Samir was Excellent for our Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014

Our DJ was Samir. He was great -- I absolutely recommend him. He arrived early, setting up quickly and quietly. He was dressed appropriately and he spoke to every guest with politeness, respect, and a genuine desire to please. He was assertive but calm. He was smooth on the... Read More microphone but he didn't speak more than necessary. He followed the plan but he was able to improvise when needed. Basically, he’s professional -- he knows what he’s doing and he makes it look easy. Plus he’s just a nice guy. The business arrangements were facilitated by Matt. His process for setting up contracts, payments, music lists, and the event timeline was efficient and convenient. Along the way, he offered some helpful suggestions about our wedding. On the downside, communication was hit or miss. Sometimes Matt responded to emails right away. But more often than not, we’d wait several business days -- or more -- before receiving email replies. This was irritating but it wasn't a big issue in the scheme of things. All in all, I would definitely work with Stumptown DJ’s again and I’d be lucky to book Samir.

2014-12-15T20:37:43 Response from the vendor

This summer we had a ALOT of weddings. We basically doubled the amount of weddings we had from 2013. From 99 to 180 weddings respectively. We weren't expecting that kind of growth and when it happened, it was all at once. We did our darndest... Read Less Read More

Stumptown DJ's

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Sharmalie J

Our wedding was at McMenamin's Edgefield in Portland, OR. Katie Heath was our DJ. From the first time I talked to Katie I knew I'd made the right choice for our wedding. She was organized and professional. On the day of the wedding she was set up and ready to go. She kept in... Read More close contact with me during the wedding always double checking on what I wanted and making sure everything went smoothly.

Matthew Kurowski

A native to Michigan, Matt Kurowski is the founder of Stumptown DJs and has been DJing various events for several years. Moving from Michigan to Los Angeles (for six years) and then to Portland in 2007, Matt noticed how tight money was getting for soon-to-be-married couples. So he decided to create an affordable DJ business for people who want quality service at a reasonable price. A professional, organized and flexible DJ, Matt caters to a variety of clients and is always willing to adjust to their needs (e.g., games, event management, song requests, announcements, etc.). On the day of, he