Stylus DJ Entertainment

NYC/Philly/Hudson-based DJs serving the Tri-State and Beyond

The Great Music DJs - Best Of The Knot 2017-2018!

Stylus is the nation's top predominantly-female wedding DJ agency serving New York, Philadelphia, the Hudson Valley and beyond. Most of our clients are looking for an alternative to the typical cheesy DJ - someone who really "gets" them and their musical goal. Our reliable, professional DJs keep the party flowing with great music - no gimmicks, over-the-top hype, earsplitting volume or excessive talking. We are never cookie cutter - every set is customized, even with minimal direction from the client. Check out our website for more reviews, mixes, FAQs and 100% transparent pricing!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

NYC/Philly/Hudson-based DJs serving the Tri-State and Beyond (917) 674-4270

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Dorianne A

I knew once I found Stylus DJ Entertainment, there was no need to look any further for a DJ service. We were so pleased with their services from the very beginning. With only one month until our wedding, we were more than lucky they were available for our day. Jane was extremely... Read More friendly, professional, and diligent from the first correspondence. She was quick and responsive to our taste in music, and referred us to Valerie June, ensuring she would be able to execute our vision perfectly. Nonetheless, Valerie was all that and more than what I had hoped. We wanted to veer away from the typical wedding reception, and sought something more nontraditional and unconventional. She thoroughly accommodated our specific musical taste and requests, while perfectly arranging the musical direction and mood of the day. By the end of the night, I couldn't keep myself off of the dancefloor, and that was exactly what I wanted on my wedding day! I was so happy.

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Ali P

From the very start Stylus was awesome to work with. We initially spoke with Jane, who was helpful and willing to work within our budget. She introduced us to our DJ, Amber Lynn, who worked closely with us throughout the entire process. My husband and I both love music, and... Read More when it came to our wedding we had a really clear idea of what we wanted. We dreamed of a funk dance party that had an old school vibe, and wanted to feature songs that were important to us and our families. Amber Lynn was integral to this vision and totally made it happen. Early on she set up a call to discuss details, and brought up a ton of great points that I hadn’t yet considered. I’m a pretty shy person, and she had suggestions on ways to help make my husband and I comfortable, and ways to structure the night to flow smoothly while keeping it low pressure for us as the bride and groom. I was very impressed with her organization and attention to details in the lead up to the wedding, and that organization extended to the day-of as well. Amber Lynn immediately put us at ease when we met in person, and created the perfect wedding day playlist that reflected our tastes. She also handled all the audio for our small ceremony and had everything set up and ready to roll, including a microphone for our use and music throughout the ceremony. Music for cocktail hour and dinner were exactly what we wished for, and she really nailed our style. Thank you, Amber Lynn, for making our day magical!

2018-02-27T09:18:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the glowing review, Ali - we are so happy you found us!

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Jordan G

Amber Lynn was amazing as the DJ for our wedding! From day one she worked with us and helped us build the perfect playlist from beginning to end. She read the room well and knew when to play which song. My husband and I got so many compliments during and after the wedding! We... Read More very highly recommend Stylus and Amber Lynn. Thanks so much for helping make our special day even better!

2018-02-20T06:25:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate your feedback and support!

Reviewed on 2/18/2018 Helen T

Jane went above and beyond to make our wedding great. She put in a lot of time ahead of the date coordinating with our other vendors and making sure that the sound system was set up appropriately for our ceremony. She met with us ahead of time and made it clear that she would... Read More cater to us in terms of what music we did or did not want played. As a DJ she kept the dance floor packed for hours. She did a great job of incorporating our favorite songs, adding songs that she thought would go well with the current mood, and even taking (and filtering) guest requests. She also gave us the playlist as it was played after the event.

2018-02-19T10:45:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review and wonderful memories of last summer!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jill S

We are so happy we hired Jane to be our DJ for our wedding! My husband has some pretty unique musical taste and we both did not want any generic dance songs to be played, but yet we wanted our guests to recognize the music and dance. Jane helped us figure out the best playlist... Read More for us and it was a success! Our guests, including older folks, had a great time dancing to more current dance music. Jane also DJ'ed throughout our dinner, which to no fault of her own, had gone on longer than planned, so she added some slower tempo songs between courses to bring the energy level up before we started dancing. She ended the night on a perfect song that just made our evening so so so special! We are not one's to be sentimental but it was actually quite magical. Lastly, early on in our discussions we came across some hiccups and Jane was very professional , quickly finding solutions to make us happy. She was a great communicator and quick to respond. We highly recommend Jane!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Ali W

Jane was amazing! She kept people on the dance floor all night and was really able to understand all the different types of people and what they all would enjoy! She was incredibly responsive to all my emails and questions prior to the event and she was on time and super on top... Read More of everything the day of.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Rob G

Jane from Stylus DJ’ed our wedding at the end of September. She was incredibly responsive and helpful, and was a big hit with the crowd! Our wedding was about two hours away from Jane’s homebase, and she worked seamlessly with our venue to make sure that everything was prepared... Read More for our wedding day. Things went super smoothly, and Jane kept the evening together. We would hire her anytime! Definitely go with Jane and Stylus!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Sasha G

Jane was a phenomenal wedding DJ. We wanted a non-traditional DJ who could handle our eclectic tastes (house, funk, disco) and she delivered 10x over. She was so easy to work with, especially in the week leading up to the big day when we had a few big, last-minute requests. She... Read More paced out the event perfectly, from the speeches to the dancing to dessert. Everyone raved about the music that night, including our picky moms. If she's available on your big day, Jane is the way to go.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Giuseppe S

Jane is the coolest person ever. She took care of everything music wise and made our party super fun for everyone. As a matter fact, she kind of performed some sort of miracle. We told her: we are worried because we have guests from various backgrounds with many different... Read More musical tastes. And she delivered a playlist that was unique, magic and made everyone happy. She is caring, creative, and, simply, a great DJ! We totally recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Justin N

I worked with a personal connection at Stylus, Jim Siegel, for my wedding. Jim, formerly of Rough Trade records and Other Music, has a broad knowledge of popular music and a firm handle on the good stuff. He's highly professional, perfectly attentive, and imminently... Read More professional, yet relaxed. He played a balanced mix of our musical favourites/tastes accompanied by corresponding selections from his library, which, while was both a winning formula but not at all formulaic. Out friends and family were up and dancing for a good, long time, and they really did rave about the music ex post facto. He's a good MC, too. And, AND, he has all of his own equipment, good stuff, so he's prepared to do business even in locations totally bereft of audio equipment. I recommend Jim unreservedly, for weddings or any other social engagement at which music will be central. He's a good value for money. Cheers, JN.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Stephanie G

Jane was absolutely amazing and so sweet! She's very organized and the communication throughout the months leading to the wedding was every bride & grooms dream. I don't remember sitting down at my wedding!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 JC M

We were extremely lucky to have found Jane Elizabeth for our wedding! She was very helpful and adaptive throughout the whole planning process. We had a wedding where half of the invited people were Mexican, and the other half were American, so we wanted a unique mix of 70s /... Read More 80s dance songs and current latin dance music. I sent her a playlist of latin song suggestions thinking that she had little exposure to that kind of music, but she is such an expert that she ended up suggesting additions to the playlist that were spot on. Other than the playlist, we just gave her a handful of "must play" songs and the set she came up with for us was excellent. During the wedding celebration she was able to keep everyone happy and dancing. We had an unforgettable night! She was also super flexible and accommodating when the Mariachi band was late (at 2:30am, mind you) and kept the crowd energized and dancing till the very end. I'm sure that Jane took care of many more things during the wedding that I have no idea about, but that's the whole point about finding someone who is amazing: you get to enjoy your own wedding. Thanks Jane for everything!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Jane! Of all the DJs we met with she was by far the most professional and organized. I knew that if we chose her we wouldn't have to worry at all and I was right. She was so thorough in her questions and she mentioned things I never would... Read More have thought of. We gave her a very small sampling of songs we liked and she turned it into an amazing playlist for the reception. She even made it into a spotify playlist and emailed it to us afterwards so we could keep reliving the memories. I would recommend Jane 10 out of 10 times.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Sarah J

My husband and I were looking for a DJ that would not make our wedding feel like a hyped up bar mitzvah. Jane's vibe was absolutely perfect. She was very organized, bringing 4 or 5 playlists that we sent her together to create a very personal feeling for the day. We had a lot of... Read More requirements for what we needed to play to get all of our relatives to feel included but we also wanted the wedding to feel "cool" and not just a bunch of top 40 songs. Jane found a way to do just that. Many guests from my aunts and uncles to our younger friends and co workers complimented the music. And we felt like her rate was such a bargain compared to many other DJs in the New York area. We feel like we found a very special needle in the hay stack and look forward to recommending her to our friends!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Dana K

Jane was an absolute dream to work with, and she made our wedding feel so very "us". After some initial calls to various djs, I was feeling a bit discouraged. They didn't seem at all familiar with the genres we were into, let alone bands or songs. When I emailed Jane, she knew... Read More exactly what we were talking about, and put together the most perfect blend of jazz, punk, rock n roll, French pop, new wave, power pop, soul; we were beyond happy. The event had an effortless flow from start to finish, and when it was time to dance everyone was up and bopping around. She even followed up with a playlist and a Spotify link. HIGHLY recommended, especially if you're not the jock jams type!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Lu C

So first let me admit that one of the things we wanted from our wedding DJ was to have her take charge and do everything. We had some strong musical ideas, but after giving Jane Elizabeth those, we pretty much got out of the way. And we’re so glad we did. She was INCREDIBLE,... Read More from our first email exchanges to one long phone call that solidified what she was doing. And after that, we barely spoke at all. Not because she was inattentive – on the contrary, she sent us regular updates. But she was in direct contact with our wedding venue and other vendors, leaving us time to worry about all the other things a couple planning to get married worry about. The first time we met her face-to-face was 15 minutes before the ceremony. We thought we would have to have a conversation about something – speaker placement, music cues, something. But nope. Jane had already coordinated with the wedding coordinator at the venue and had everything ready to go. And the evening itself was so smooth that we never worried for a second about the music or the DJ. This was all because of Jane’s excellent and thorough preparation and expertise. And then there was the music itself. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. She blended many of the songs we had given her to give her an idea of our aesthetic with many of her own selections into an atmospherically magical cocktail and dinner soundtrack. And the dance part of the evening was a perfect mix of exactly what we wanted – some New Wave, some Brit Pop, some Riot Grrls, and some great Top 40 dance music that had us dancing until the lights were turned on. She even negotiated the inevitably weird request from the odd guest and turned it into something fun. As we joked with her at the end of the night, we can’t wait to get married again so she can be the DJ!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Kristen M

Jane did a wonderful job at our wedding reception! My husbnd was very picky about which song he wanted/didn't want played and she accommodated well! Our guests were thrilled with her services. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an unforgettable celebration!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Kelly L

We had a wedding that really pushed the limits of casual: no real schedule, no planned speeches or activities, kids running around, dinner and drinks and ceremony happening all at once... The only aspect of the party that my husband and I really wanted to plan was the music, and... Read More we're so happy that we enlisted Jane's help! Working with Jane pre-wedding was awesome. She was friendly, helpful, and quick to respond to any questions. She handled a solid 6 hours of music, incorporating our very specific requests as well as filling out the playlist with some of her own great picks. During the event, she took our lack of planning in stride, and helped steer the course of the party as dancing, speeches, and cake cutting popped up. Several guests even told us that it was the first wedding where they actually enjoyed the music! We'd recommend Jane's amazing DJ skills to anyone, but especially to those with slightly less mainstream taste. If you're worried about balancing your own favorite music with songs that will keep your guests happy, don't worry -- Jane's got it under control!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Brian E

Jane was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. She perfectly understood the vibe we were going for, responded quickly, and helped guide us every step of the way. Prior to the wedding she volunteered to head to our venue and to meet with our planner, and on the day of there... Read More were no issues to speak of. Most importantly, the dance floor was packed. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Billy L

My partner and I had two things that were extremely important to us on our wedding day: 1) our best people were there to celebrate, and 2) great music. Jane made our dream come true! We spent a lot of time researching DJs and had quite a few introductory phone calls, but Jane... Read More blew everyone else away. jane listened to what was important to us, what we liked and didn't like, asked for the amount of input we'd like from her, and delivered on that 100%. We had SO many people tell us that our wedding was the best they've been too, and we all know how much music makes the night! Thank you SO MUCH, Jane Elizabeth. We are thrilled with your work, and so pleased to have met you (she is also just a terrific human!).

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 James F

Early last year we began our search for a wedding DJ and were lucky enough to come across DJ Jane Elizabeth's website. After reading some reviews, we were confident she would be good, but we were in a bit of a unique situation in that we had to plan our NYC wedding remotely from... Read More London. This meant we really had to trust the person we were working with, and that planning everything from a distance would not be an issue. We had a few other calls with what seemed like wedding DJ factories and were keen to avoid that for our wedding. When we had the initial call with Jane we knew that she was the perfect DJ for us. Jane was incredibly friendly, took the time to get to know us, and understand what we were looking for at our wedding. She went through how she worked, and how the event would go, and we really felt that personal touch everyone wants for their wedding. She even took the initiative to contact our venue directly to get more information that we did't have, which eased our planning burden. At the main event she performed perfectly, keeping the intimate moments special, and getting the crowd up and dancing during the party. She handled all of the announcements, played great music, and offering great selections combined with our must have songs. She organised the songs so that there was a great flow, and the best part was when we saw our parents up and dancing together at the end of the party. Jane made planning from a distance an ease, was very friendly and trustworthy, and helped to make our wedding day perfect and we highly recommend her for events.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Melissa M

I will start by saying my now-husband is a musician, so are most of his friends, and so is my father & older brother. So to say music was important to us is an understatement. It was my #1 priority. When I came across Jane's website, I knew she'd be able to give us exactly what... Read More we wanted-and she definitely did! It isn't that we have exceptionally rare music taste or anything, but we knew we didn't want certain music played (any line dancing, boy bands, etc.) and she completely understood that. Not only did she listen to what we wanted, she helped with her own great suggestions. She was able to put in our must-plays while mixing in fun music for ALL ages the whole night. I can't tell you how many people complimented me on Jane. She hands-down got the most compliments across the board! Even my grandmother, who typically has something to say about a DJ being too loud, loved her. My caterer and her staff also said it was the best DJ & music they had heard at a wedding in forever. From the start Jane was so helpful & kind. She was responsive and answered any questions as soon as she could. She helped my dad plan a surprise song clip at the end of his speech for me, which was so special. She is incredibly organized with her music catalog, and sent it to me to look at which helped me out a lot. Sharing a Google doc made things so easy as well. The best part about her is she gets to know you so she understands where you're coming from in regards to music choices or do-not plays. She really cares and wants to find a way to make the couple happy, as well as keeping 130 guests in mind. You can tell she has a passion for GOOD music, and doesn't force anything on you. It was great to feel understood on the biggest day of our lives. She executed the song list perfectly, and everyone had an amazing time. We highly recommend Jane to anyone who wants a DJ who truly cares about the music, the couple getting married & making it the best day for them. She is a rare find!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Andres R

Short review: Jane was--and is-- and AWESOME wedding DJ: hire her without delay! Long review: When my fiancée (now wife) and I started planning our wedding, we knew that the musical component of the night was going to be really important, both in terms of setting the mood for... Read More ourselves and our guests and shaping how we would remember the evening. Music is an *extremely* big part of our lives and personalities, and we really needed to make sure that our DJ (if we were even going to use one) would be able to give us what we were looking for. I knew that we would be choosing a lot of the specific songs, but we needed someone who was familiar enough with a wide variety of styles-- 80s, disco, 60s girl groups, soul, Motown, old-school punk, 90s alt-rock, etc.--to "read the dance floor." Someone, in other words, who could figure out how to mesh Dusty Springfield and Lionel Richie with Nine Inch Nails and the New York Dolls. I'm thrilled to report that Jane not only met, but exceeded all our expectations. She wove an absoultely perfect web of tunes for our dance party and created a vibe that compelled even the most reluctant dancers to join us on the floor. She intuited exactly what we were looking for in terms of a diverse set of songs that offered something for everyone while avoiding lame wedding cliches. She also had an excellent read of the crowd's energy, and knew exactly what to play in what part of the evening. Just as importantly as her technical skills, Jane was a real delight to work with. Extremely communicable, ingratiating, and flexible, she was by far our favorite vendor, and made the entire process as easy and fun as we could've hoped for. I told me wife afterwards that I felt like I had actually made a friend in Jane, and we plan to stay in touch. In short: Jane is awesome, hire her!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Christopher B

One of the first things we discussed after getting engaged was finding the right music for our wedding. The DJ we used for our engagement party was not great, so we didn’t want to make that mistake twice. We stumbled across Jane randomly while doing some research and we are so... Read More glad we did! Jane is thoughtful, organized, kind, and responsive. On day one we met with her via video chat and discussed our needs, and immediately began creating documents, spreadsheets, and Spotify playlists to keep track of all our ideas. On the days leading up to the wedding, despite being super busy Jane helped us organize all of the last minute details for a smooth day-of experience. We asked for her creative input and she chose some excellent songs that we would not have thought of on our own. We certainly challenged her with a 24-person bridal party and nearly 200 guests, but Jane did a great job moving the event from ceremony to introductions, speeches, and on through the remainder of the reception. Despite fielding many requests she still managed to keep the party moving and made many people happy that evening, including us. Some guests commented that she didn’t do enough to "pump up" the crowd while MCing, but we did not want a DJ who was going to yell and scream so we got the experience we wanted and were expecting. Jane was awesome and we highly recommend her!! Thanks for helping make our day very special!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Dani V

We had a blast working with Jane for our November wedding! From day one, Jane was extremely responsive, organized, and easy to talk to. Her planning style was a dream for both me, a Type A bride, and my husband, a laid back groom. Throughout the planning process, Jane was eager... Read More to collaborate on the playlist and day-of timeline; we shared a few Google docs where we curated music together, and vibed off of each other to build out the structure of the day. We had a few non-traditional requests which Jane happily accommodated, i.e., no organized dances (like the Electric Slide), playing a mix of indie and Top 40s songs, and no announcements for activities like the cake cutting. Jane even spiced up our requests and ideas with ideas of her own! We ended up only giving Jane a handful of “must play” songs, but totally trusted her to handle the rest of the playlist. When it finally came to the wedding day, Jane read the crowd on the dance floor perfectly. We had people raving about the music for days after, ranging from older guests to our youngest friends. The dance floor was packed all night! After the last song, our guests were on the dance floor gleefully chanting “Jane, Jane Jane”…a sure sign of a job extremely well done!

Jane Elizabeth

The founder of Stylus, Jane has been a DJ and independent record label owner since 2001. She played her first gig at CBGB, hosted The Breakfast Club at Johnny Brenda’s in Philadelphia from 2010-2015, and currently hosts the Tainted Love 80s Dance Party at The Bell House in Brooklyn. Self-employed for over 15 years, Jane is extremely organized and efficient and manages all the behind-the-scenes details and bookings for Stylus. Whether in front of a computer or behind the DJ booth, she is described by her clients as “friendly,” “enthusiastic,” and “very easy to work with.”