Cakes that taste as good as they look!

Sugar Lane Cake Shop specializes in custom cakes and sugar flowers for weddings and all other special occasions. We work with our couples to not only create the best tasting cake possible, but also a design as unique and beautiful as they are. We pride ourselves on using local, organic, farm fresh ingredients. This results in the most fresh, light, and flavorful cakes possible. And the best part, all of our cakes have the option of being vegan and gluten free.

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Nesconset, NY Tri-State area

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Brit B

We turned to Sugar Lane Cake Shop when we had an issue with our venue's cake baker, which left us without a cake about 3 weeks away from our wedding. Ashley was so easy to work with, she made our last-minute order a breeze, and handled our mixed vegan/traditional cake order like... Read More the pro she is. She created such a beautiful vegan cake for us - vegan almond with raspberry filling and an espresso buttercream, and a traditional lemon sheet cake with raspberry filling and a lemon buttercream. All of our guests could not praise the cake enough, and we will be lucky if the top lasts to our first anniversary- my husband can barely wait! I'd give her 10 stars if I could!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Shannon C

5 stars just does not seem adequate enough for how amazing Ashley's cake was! She made a vegan cake that people are still raving about. Even the waitstaff commented that everyone loved the cake. Besides it being so so delicious, it was beautiful! I showed her a picture of a... Read More cake with wildflowers and she not only perfectly executed it but was willing to go through our florist and look for the best prices for flowers. She was very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. I cannot recommend working with sugar lane for your wedding, you will certainly not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Ashley L

Ashley's cake at our wedding...OMG it was not only amazingly breathtaking but people were asking for more & craving more...we couldn't even wait the year to eat the top tier...we NEEDED it one night...it was the best cake I have ever had, hands down! DELICIOUS!!! I loved her... Read More work & her eye and palette for cake & design... it's true talent & beauty. Can't wait to have another occasion that calls for her cake!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Kristie G

We hired Ashley at Sugar Lane Cake Shop to make our cake for our wedding June 3, 2017. I found her on the knot after an extensive search for a bakery who had the same design vision as I did. Ashley was a pleasure to work with, I described to her what I was looking for and could... Read More tell right away she totally got my vision. Sure enough I was right! Our cake was EXACTLY what I wanted, semi-naked and ruffled buttercream with gold leafing. So perfect, even down to the placement of the flowers! It was amazing and tasted just as amazing as it looked! Absolutely beautiful work and so delicious! Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Kimberly P

I wish I could give Ashley more than 5 stars! She made the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake -- all of our friends and family were raving about it afterwards! She is so kind and professional, I couldn't recommended her enough!!! Thank you, Ashley!!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Alyssa L

Our wedding cake was so beautiful!! Ashley was a pleasure to work with and is truly talented! Everyone raved at our wedding about our cake. I can't thank the girls at Sugar Lane enough!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Meghan G

Ashley was incredible at working with us through the process of choosing a cake. She even travelled to our home in NYC for a tasting and helped us decide on a design and worked within our constrained budget. The end result was even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Her... Read More attention to detail is impeccable. Those flowers she creates are insane! I don't know how she makes them look so real. Not to mention the cake was DELICIOUS. Our guests were raving out how beautiful it looked and how amazing it tasted as well. If we ever need another cake, Ashely will be the first person I'll call.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Heather B

Ashley was so wonderful to work with. Not only did our cakes come out amazing, they tasted phenomenal. We chose the lemon champagne cake with raspberry filling and honey buttercream - out of this world!!! For our groom's cake, we chose almond cake with strawberry filling and... Read More chocolate ganache. Everything was so delicious! We also had Ashley make our favors - jars of raspberry jam! I have had guests ask if I have any left over because they love it so much! Ashley is so talented - everything on our cakes came our so perfect. I cannot say enough about her and her work. It was the best cake we ever had. And the tasting she hosted for us was great - she allowed me and a few guests to come and try every. single. flavor. That is NOT traditionally offered at bakeries. Usually they give you a few of the "popular" flavors, but Ashley gave us every option and we took advantage. Sugar Lane Cake Shop is absolutely fantastic!!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Christina D

Most beautiful and delicious wedding cake ever!!! Ashley was such a doll to work with and we meshed so well right off the bat! She captured our vision we had in mind and created a piece of art work! Could not have asked for a more memorable cake for our wedding. All of our... Read More guests still rave about how good it was!! We can't wait to eat our top tier on our 1 year anniversary! :)

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Sam D

Ashley was an absolute pleasure to work with. I am from LI but live in NYC and would travel to her no matter where she was just to have her cake at my event. She was so great and we totally trusted her judgement when designing our cake. From flavors to aesthetics, she knew... Read More exactly what we were looking for. Our cake tasting was so much fun - so many new, innovative, exciting flavors to pick from. Everything tasted fresh and clean, nothing tasted overly sweet or fake sugar-y. You could really taste the quality of her ingredients which was huge for us since we love great cakes an know that not every bakery uses the best, quality, fresh ingredients. The cake, filling, and icing options were so fun and creative - she pairs together the most perfect combinations, the cake is so outstanding. Everyone loved our cake and still talks about it. Ashley is fantastic. Great flavors, great creativity, great decorations that are so tastefully done, but most of all, great service!!! I can't wait to use her again for future events! Thank you, Ashley!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Mel P

Ashley was great to work with for our wedding 11/5/16. We were in a bind, less than a month before our wedding without a cake, after many failed trial cakes that didn't have the natural buttercream look. As soon as I saw Ashley's site, I knew her cake would be the one. We placed... Read More our order sight-unseen, no tasting because of the rush of busy season, and we were thrilled with the results. It was beautiful, and everyone loved the cookies & cream filling. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Thomas W

Ashley and Sugar Lane Cake Shop was simply amazing. Our relationship with Ashley started in the middle of the winter maybe 9 or 10 months before the wedding. We did a tasting and expected to do many more tastings after. However, her cakes and frostings were sooooo good. The... Read More next tasting we did sealed the deal and we knew that we must use Sugar Lane. Ashley was exceptionally accommodating , my "wife" (so weird writing that) and I have completely different tastes, Ashley allowed us to choose two flavors each and 2 of the 4 tiers would be my wife's flavors and 2 would be mine. Other Cake shops were not willing to do that. Have I mentioned the cake tasted amazing and looked amazing as well. We went with a 4 tier, ruffled buttercream cake, with 2 tiers filled with pistachio and raspberry, 2 tiers with cookies and cream and chocolate ganache(clearly my tiers). Everyone at the wedding was complimenting us, not only on the design and appearance of the cake but also the taste. Simply and elegantly amazing, I will recommend Ashley and Sugar Lane to anyone who asks and probably those who don't ask as well.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Andrea S

Absolutely beautiful and delicious wedding cake ! My guests were raving about how amazing it tasted.. they still bring it up! I had a design in mind and once I saw the SugarLane website I knew Ashley was the one to make my cake. Her hand crafted sugar flowers are gorgeous and... Read More stunning- they look so real!. She has an amazing aesthetic and my cake came out more beautiful than I could imagine. Ashley was wonderful to work with and we had so much fun during our cake tasting. She is professional and has very fair pricing. Worth every penny! I dedicated an entire page in my wedding photo album just to the cake because it was that pretty! My husband and I were beyond happy with our experience with SugarLane !

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Christine K

BEST CAKE EVER! And I am not just saying this because it was our wedding cake! My husband and I eat cake at every wedding so we know a lot about how much wedding cakes can suck, especially in Long Island. Since we were having a vineyard wedding out in Long Island we wanted to... Read More find someone nearby. I searched all over The Knot, local bakeries, friends recommendations, etc... and was consistently disappointed by the service, taste, photos of cakes, and lack of style. It wasn't until we stumbled upon Sugar Lane Cake Shop on The Knot and saw their website and Instagram that we fell in LOVE! The photos and style of cakes are beautiful and honestly my husband and I thought it was too good to be true to find something like this in Long Island especially with such quality ingredients. We decided a tasting wouldn't hurt, so we went for it and we ended up spending our entire session tasting and arguing about what flavors to pick for our cake. Ashley was very helpful narrowing down the flavors for us. Her creativity is astonishing! Our cake was so beautiful! Our guests and even our photographer who got really close to the cake thought the flowers were real. Another important thing was BUDGET. And Ashley was super helpful in meeting our budget, but not compromising taste or style. I really can't believe it. Sugar Lane Cake Shop was by far the best vendor in all of our wedding planning. As someone with very high expectations, Ashley exceeded them! My husband and I can't wait to recommend Sugar Lane Cake Shop to our friends so we can eat delicious cake at their wedding. Thank you so much Ashley! The cake was the most memorable part of the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Katie K

Coming from a family who'd prefer dessert over a main course, I knew that my wedding cake had to both look great and taste even better. After a disappointing tasting with our venue's preferred bakery, I sought other options and stumbled upon Sugar Lane's website and Instagram.... Read More Every photo was more beautiful than the next, and I felt like Ashley 100% matched the style and vibe I was looking for. After reaching out to her via e-mail, she couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating - she gave us options for working within our budget, and always answered my (many!) questions promptly. It truly felt like I was working with an old friend - not a vendor I had just met! When we went to the tasting, every flavor and filling was so good that we had an insanely difficult time choosing. The end result was beautiful and so delicious that we didn't even wait to eat our top tier - it was gone within a month! I can't wait to work with Ashley again and am so excited to have found a cake designer that is not only incredibly talented, but such a wonderful person as well. Thanks for everything, Ashley!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Ashley D

If I could give Sugar Lane Cake shop more than 5 stars I would! Working with Ashley was a delightful experience. We had ordered 2 cakes. One small one for our vow renewal out in Montauk, and a large one for our anniversary party at Verde in Bayshore. I have never had such... Read More amazing cake in my life. The Montauk cake was almond with a honey and peach filling, and the Bayshore cake was chocolate with cookies and cream filling, and a tier of almond cake with pistachio and raspberry filling. The pistachio and raspberry was an usual combination that we tried at Ashley's recommendation, and it did not disappoint. Overall, I am so incredibly happy at the way they turned out, and I am looking for any excuse to get another cake from Sugar Lane Cake Shop in the future! :)

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Christopher D

Where do we begin? Our first experience with Sugar Lane and Ashley was when my wife (then girlfriend) needed a cake for her mom's surprise party. She ordered a small cake, with toppers that were made to look like each of their two poodles. When we picked up the cake, we were... Read More AMAZED. The toppers were awesome, and the cake itself was a work of art. That was all BEFORE we even tasted the cake. The cake tasted even better than it looked (which we didn't think would be possible). From that point on, we were hooked. We've worked with Sugar Lane on basically every major moment in our lives since. They made a cake for the day we got engaged, for our engagement party, for my wife's bridal shower, and of course - our wedding cake. The whole process was stress free. We had our tasting (which was SO much fun), and talked to Ashley about all of the specifics of our wedding. She made things so simple for us. I've had the pleasure of photographing some of their cakes, so we knew what to expect. But we were absolutely blown away when we showed up on our wedding day and saw our cake. It absolutely exceeded our expectations, and we got countless compliments on how beautiful it was. The attention to detail, care, and creativity that goes into these cakes is stunning. And have I mentioned how AMAZING they taste?! We had a few different cake flavors and frosting flavors, and it was impossible to decide which combo was better. To be perfectly honest, the mini cake she made us for our first anniversary may not make it the full year, because it's hard to look at in the freezer every day and not want to devour it! If you're looking for a beautiful, great tasting cake - at an AMAZING value...then look no further than Sugar Lane Cake Shop!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Melanie D

Ashley is an confectionary artist!! That's the only way to properly describe her. Being a fellow pastry chef I had extremely high expectations and standards for the company that would be doing my wedding cake - seficicate to say she is now my go to for any cake I need. (A... Read More short story... Most people never remember nor care about the wedding cake at the end of a reception- it tends to be the most over looked part of the event - at my 250 person event I had almost every single person in the weeks to follow say "i wanted more cake!!" .... Who ever hears that!!!! Her attention to detail, artistry, and execution is flawless. Combine with her exquisite flavors and buttercream techniques makes her a brilliant shining star in a dull black sky of mediocre fondant crazed people. I plan to keep her in my life for all my special occasions for a long time to come. If you decided Sugar Lane Cake Shop you won't be disappointed EVER!! She's a complete doll and We love you Ashely

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Alexia M

Ashley was absolutely fabulous to work with. Sweet and accomodating, she came all the way into the city to set up the cutest tasting for us (come hungry). The cake for our big day was flawless and delicious! We decided we aren't waiting to eat the top; its happening next... Read More weekend!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Emily N

I found Sugar Lane Cakes on Instagram. I fell in love with the look of their cakes; they look like art. Granted, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but these cakes are beautiful, and taste even more amazing than they look! We met with Ashley and did a quick tasting.... Read More This was the easiest decision my fiance and I made. We barely got out the door and already made up our mind. We wanted a cupcake tower. The ladies at Sugar Lane Cake Shop nailed it! We choose 3 flavors, and we still cannot pick a favorite. I am allergic to dairy, so was fortunate that they make some cakes using champagne instead of dairy if you want. Our guests loved the cupcakes. We were also really excited for them and made sure to sit down and enjoy them. We did 3 flavors: champagne cake with pistachio buttercream, lemon champagne cake with raspberry buttercream, and almond cake with vanilla buttercream. The flavors were perfect for our summer wedding and bold enough to be the perfect end of the night. The presentation was beautiful. We are so happy with our decision to go with Sugar Lane Cake Shop. THE BEST! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Ashley was such a gem to work with throughout our process.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Lauren P

One word: INCREDIBLE. From start to finish everything about working with Ashley was amazing. The attentiveness to what we had wanted, the array of flavors of cakes and fillings was out of this world, and then our visions came together better than I imagined on the day of.... Read More Everyone kept talking about how amazing our cake was. I ate it for two days after- that's how good it was. We went with a semi-naked champagne cake with chocolate ganache and salted caramel buttercreme filling. It has been almost a week since my wedding and people are still talking about it. I will never go anywhere else for cakes or baking needs. I was so genuinely happy! Thank you Ashley for everything you did for us and being so wonderful to work with. You made it effortless!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Amy S

Ashley and the entire team at Sugar Lane Cake Shop were absolutely the most amazing people to work with. When we wanted a "naked cake" for our Long Island, DIY Barn Wedding in May 2016, we searched VERY hard for an affordable (and delicious) wedding cake. We also were determined... Read More to use a vendor who supported local businesses and who used local natural and fresh ingredients. Even with our long list of must haves, Sugar Lane delivered. From an amazing tasting with a HUGE array of flavors and combinations, to their reliability, delivery to wedding site, and the overall product design and taste, we could not have been happier with the results. Thank you, thank you, thank you Sugar Lane! -Amy & Chris

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Kaitlin M

I was first introduced to Sugar Lane Cake Shop cakes at my best friends wedding in December of 2014. When I saw her cake, I couldn't believe that the flowers on the cake were made out of sugar. It looked too good to eat! My best friend also had Ashley make favors for the guests.... Read More The mini mason jars and the sugar flowers, that was where I fell in love. I was sold right then and there. I knew Ashley would be making my wedding cake. I didn't even have a date set at that point despite being engaged for over a year, but I knew my cake would be amazing! Ashley is a wizard in the kitchen. Her cake and buttercream is unlike anything you have ever tasted in your life. Every single flavor is one hundred percent delicious. The tasting Ashley does for you and your fiancé is by far one of the most amazing experiences of wedding planning, I wish I could do it all the time! She pairs the most amazing fruit and flavors with this super creamy buttercream that just melts in your mouth. Her presentation is top notch! We had such a great time at the tasting. Ashley is a rockstar. Most people probably don't fall in love with both their wedding cake AND their baker but we did! Ashley is just so amazing! As part of my bachelorette party weekend, a group of us went to a sugar flower class. It was so very cool to see and learn how to make the flowers! We had a great time with Ashley and Fran! I would attend every one of the workshops she offers but unfortunately, I work weekends. If you want a unique cake that is absolutely beautiful and also tastes great, look no further. We loved Sugar Lane's cakes so much that we had TWO wedding cakes! This is one decision you don't have to stress over! Meet with Ashley, you will be beyond impressed!

Amazing Cake

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Danielle I

Ashley was a delight to work with. She had so many great ideas and helped us decide on the perfect cake for our wedding, incorporating flowers from our bouquets into the cake. At the tasting, she had more flavors of cake, buttcreams and fillings than I have room to list here!... Read More All of which were so good, it was so hard to choose! We received so many compliments on both the look and taste of the cake! People were standing around it in awe that the flowers were made from sugar! I highly recommend using Sugar Lane Cake Shop for any cake, not just weddings!

2016-01-15T14:37:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Danielle! I am so happy to have met you and worked with you and Stephanie! Clearly your cake has become the face of Sugar Lane since I am constantly using photos of it! Love you both and... Read Less Read More

The most Amazing Creative Cake Company Ever

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Vickie S

I just love love love Sugar Lane Cake Shop. I was introduced to them by a co-worker. When I went for the cake tasting for my venue I was not impressed with my cake options. I was not sure what I was going to do because my wedding cake was very important to me. When my co-worker... Read More showed me the website of Sugar Lane Cake shop, I was in awe!!! I had a cake tasting with Ashley, I knew I had to work with her. Her sweetness matched her beautiful cakes. She worked with me to think of a design that would work with my theme and was really engaged in the whole creative process. This was one of the best decisions I made for wedding. I am so happy are stars aligned and we met. As of this date Sugar Cake shop has made cakes for many of my friends and family and not one unsatisfied customer!!! I love everything about them.

2016-01-15T14:32:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Vickie! This actually brought tears to my eyes! I just love love love you and am so happy we met and created your dream wedding cake, and many more cakes since! You have become more than a... Read Less Read More

Ashley Rowland

I was always an artist at heart, but after years of sitting behind a canvas, something was missing. So with a passion for baking I decided to explore art within food. There was just something about creating edible art that brought me an endless amount of excitement. Having something that I created, that delicious cake, those intricate sugar flowers, help bring someones fairytale to life has brought me more joy than I could ever imagine.