Cakes that taste as good as they look!

Sugar Lane Cake Shop specializes in custom cakes and sugar flowers for weddings and all other special occasions. We work with our couples to not only create the best tasting cake possible, but also a design as unique and beautiful as they are. We pride ourselves on using local, organic, farm fresh ingredients. This results in the most fresh, light, and flavorful cakes possible. And the best part, all of our cakes have the option of being vegan and gluten free.

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

Nesconset, NY Tri-State area

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 marla d

I found Sugar Lane Cake Shop on The Knot, and immediately needed to see more. After looking on Instagram I knew we had to have our wedding cake made here. The cake tasting was amazing & we had so much fun! Every combination Ashley presented was so delicious we couldn’t decide... Read More and we ended up with 3 flavors for our 3 tier cake. Ashley is so talented!! I am amazed by her sugar flower designs. They looked exactly like my bouquet flowers!! Not only are her cakes GORGEOUS, they are so delicious!! Everyone is still talking about it. Thank you Ashley! You are awesome. Marla & Anthony DeStefano, December 2, 2017

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Katharine S

I met with Ashley for a cake tasting last year and knew immediately she was the one to make my wedding cake! Her cake and filling flavors were so creative, fresh and delicious. I even brought some cake (lemon champagne and almond cake)on a flight back home to my then fiancé and... Read More he loved it. Ashley is super sweet and a delight to work with. She took the time to understand the vision I had for my cake and she nailed it! We got married 11/3/17 and the cake was absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. Thank you Sugar Lane Cake Shop!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Wendy P

Ashley is very sweet and the cake tasting she put together was wonderful. She even delivered the cake herself on our wedding day. The cake Ashley made for our wedding was incredible! Not only was the cake delicious, it was beautiful as well. The buttercream looked fantastic,... Read More the sugar flowers were realistic, and our initials looked great!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kelly S

Attention everyone who doesn't like fondant! Ashley at Sugar Lane Cake Shop is the baker for you. For our wedding in June, Ashley baked a creation that was equal parts beautiful and delicious. The flowers that she handmade completely out of sugar, were so lifelike that my... Read More husband and I felt guilty eating the cake! She is super talented and we were so lucky to find her for our wedding. I would recommend Sugar Lane to anyone searching for an artisanal baker. Ashley is reliable, friendly, artistic and her cakes are divine. I've never had a slice of wedding cake that tasted so good!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lauren G

Ashley is phenomenal!! She so incredibly talented and easy to work with. We were blown away with our tasting for our upcoming wedding and booked her on the spot. Creative flavor combos, organic and truly fresh ingredients, beautiful designs. The tasting was unique because she... Read More had us mix and match many different buttercreams, fillings and cakes until we found our favorites. With this approach, we felt like we really played a role in customizing our cake for the big day. My bridal shower was last weekend and she created a gorgeous pink ombré two tiered cake with fresh raspberry and chocolate filling, plus a few vegan, gluten free cupcakes to accommodate guests with food allergies. She even provided an elegant cake stand, plus a cute cake topper. Everything was delicious and my friends and family cannot stop raving about it. This makes us even more excited for our wedding cake!! Finding Ashley was one of the highlights of our wedding planning process and I will absolutely work with her every time we need a cake for a big event! I would also say that it sometimes takes her a little time to respond to emails because she spends her days baking and prepping for weddings. So for nervous brides to be who prefer same-day responses, do not worry, you are in great hands!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Marina P

Ashley is truly a GEM! Her work is unbelievable because not only are her cakes GORGEOUS but they also taste DELICIOUS. She was great to work with very responsive to our ideas and the tasting was such a fun experience. Her flavors are super fresh and actually taste like what... Read More they are suppose to be. Just overall a wonderful vendor. Our wedding cake was so chic and beautiful we didn't even want to cut into it but we (and all our guests) were glad we did - haha. I highly recommend Ashley!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Jennifer D

Ashley is amazing! so down to earth, helping to make a hectic time of planning much lighter. The cakes both GF and regular were AMAZING and flew off the cake table, literally. She set up my multiple cakes and donuts with love & talent. The table looked beautiful and I had no... Read More worries it would. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Rachel F

Ashley seriously pulled through when it came to our wedding cake! I wasn't completely set on the idea of a cake - more of a savory person - but my husband really wanted one...that was until we met Ashley and tasted her cakes. "Unbelievable" is truly the only way to describe her... Read More flavors and her work. She is a pleasure to work with, designed a picture perfect cake that actually tasted AMAZING! She even designed a beautiful second small cake to match our wedding cake that we used to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries on our wedding day. I would highly recommend Ashley to anyone in the market for a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Nikki T

Sugar Lane Cake Shop was our first and only cake tasting for our wedding! I dreaded the idea of a fondant cake - I greatly dislike it. When I came across Ashley’s beautiful cakes with NO fondant and AMAZING sugar flowers I immediately sent an email to set up a tasting. My... Read More husband didn’t even want to go because he doesn’t eat cake(until we met Ashley) - more of a muffin and cookie guy. He told me to pick whatever I wanted and he’d be ok with it. Let me tell you, we went together and he ate almost everything! He said we are booking with her now and we did. He picked almost all the flavors too :) We loved how she had different flavors and it wasn’t the typical chocolate and vanilla bakery cake. Everything was delicious and Ashley is such a sweet person to work with. Our wedding cake was everything we dreamed of! It was delicious and beautiful. Everyone commented on it! Ashley is a true artist, the sugar flowers she creates are just incredible. We have already asked her to make our daughters 2nd birthday cake!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 martha m

Ashley was incredible to work with! She took the time and listened to all of our suggestions, asked for photos of exactly what we wanted, and let us sample as much cake as we needed ( not a bad way to spend a Saturday). The cake she created was STUNNING. Literally the cake of... Read More our dreams, and she even took the time to source the perfect vintage cake stand - above and beyond service. Oh, and it also tasted AMAZING! So many guests complimented the cake and how delicious it was. From start to finish the experience was flawless. If you like beautiful, tasty cakes (and are a bit of cake snob who hates the idea of a fondant cake, like myself) Ashley will literally make the cake of your dreams - buttercream frosting with champagne vanilla cake and raspberry filling was unreal as well as the lemon cake with pistachio frosting!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Tina L

I don't even know where to begin when it comes to our wedding cake. This was one of the things we were most looking forward to since we did our tasting a year and a half prior to our wedding. Ashley is the sweetest person to work with. She is kind, compassionate, loves what she... Read More does, and really listens to her couples to convey what they want in their cakes. She is more than an artist, she is a MASTER at sugar flowers. The flowers she made for my cake were so life-like, and also very delicious. We had a 3-tiered cake and she had no qualms about us doing different flavors on each tier... Chocolate mint cake with oreo buttercream, almond cake with chocolate and raspberry sauce, and champagne cake with chocolate and salted caramel buttercream. My guests RAVED about the look of the cake and the taste of it. It's been 3 weeks and I still have friends telling me how they loved my cake. From start to finish I have loved working with Ashley. She is an amazing baker, artist, visionary, and friend. Let her make you an amazing cake, you seriously won't regret it.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Brit B

We turned to Sugar Lane Cake Shop when we had an issue with our venue's cake baker, which left us without a cake about 3 weeks away from our wedding. Ashley was so easy to work with, she made our last-minute order a breeze, and handled our mixed vegan/traditional cake order like... Read More the pro she is. She created such a beautiful vegan cake for us - vegan almond with raspberry filling and an espresso buttercream, and a traditional lemon sheet cake with raspberry filling and a lemon buttercream. All of our guests could not praise the cake enough, and we will be lucky if the top lasts to our first anniversary- my husband can barely wait! I'd give her 10 stars if I could!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Shannon C

5 stars just does not seem adequate enough for how amazing Ashley's cake was! She made a vegan cake that people are still raving about. Even the waitstaff commented that everyone loved the cake. Besides it being so so delicious, it was beautiful! I showed her a picture of a... Read More cake with wildflowers and she not only perfectly executed it but was willing to go through our florist and look for the best prices for flowers. She was very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. I cannot recommend working with sugar lane for your wedding, you will certainly not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Ashley L

Ashley's cake at our wedding...OMG it was not only amazingly breathtaking but people were asking for more & craving more...we couldn't even wait the year to eat the top tier...we NEEDED it one night...it was the best cake I have ever had, hands down! DELICIOUS!!! I loved her... Read More work & her eye and palette for cake & design... it's true talent & beauty. Can't wait to have another occasion that calls for her cake!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Kristie G

We hired Ashley at Sugar Lane Cake Shop to make our cake for our wedding June 3, 2017. I found her on the knot after an extensive search for a bakery who had the same design vision as I did. Ashley was a pleasure to work with, I described to her what I was looking for and could... Read More tell right away she totally got my vision. Sure enough I was right! Our cake was EXACTLY what I wanted, semi-naked and ruffled buttercream with gold leafing. So perfect, even down to the placement of the flowers! It was amazing and tasted just as amazing as it looked! Absolutely beautiful work and so delicious! Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Kimberly P

I wish I could give Ashley more than 5 stars! She made the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake -- all of our friends and family were raving about it afterwards! She is so kind and professional, I couldn't recommended her enough!!! Thank you, Ashley!!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Alyssa L

Our wedding cake was so beautiful!! Ashley was a pleasure to work with and is truly talented! Everyone raved at our wedding about our cake. I can't thank the girls at Sugar Lane enough!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Meghan G

Ashley was incredible at working with us through the process of choosing a cake. She even travelled to our home in NYC for a tasting and helped us decide on a design and worked within our constrained budget. The end result was even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Her... Read More attention to detail is impeccable. Those flowers she creates are insane! I don't know how she makes them look so real. Not to mention the cake was DELICIOUS. Our guests were raving out how beautiful it looked and how amazing it tasted as well. If we ever need another cake, Ashely will be the first person I'll call.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Heather B

Ashley was so wonderful to work with. Not only did our cakes come out amazing, they tasted phenomenal. We chose the lemon champagne cake with raspberry filling and honey buttercream - out of this world!!! For our groom's cake, we chose almond cake with strawberry filling and... Read More chocolate ganache. Everything was so delicious! We also had Ashley make our favors - jars of raspberry jam! I have had guests ask if I have any left over because they love it so much! Ashley is so talented - everything on our cakes came our so perfect. I cannot say enough about her and her work. It was the best cake we ever had. And the tasting she hosted for us was great - she allowed me and a few guests to come and try every. single. flavor. That is NOT traditionally offered at bakeries. Usually they give you a few of the "popular" flavors, but Ashley gave us every option and we took advantage. Sugar Lane Cake Shop is absolutely fantastic!!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Christina D

Most beautiful and delicious wedding cake ever!!! Ashley was such a doll to work with and we meshed so well right off the bat! She captured our vision we had in mind and created a piece of art work! Could not have asked for a more memorable cake for our wedding. All of our... Read More guests still rave about how good it was!! We can't wait to eat our top tier on our 1 year anniversary! :)

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Sam D

Ashley was an absolute pleasure to work with. I am from LI but live in NYC and would travel to her no matter where she was just to have her cake at my event. She was so great and we totally trusted her judgement when designing our cake. From flavors to aesthetics, she knew... Read More exactly what we were looking for. Our cake tasting was so much fun - so many new, innovative, exciting flavors to pick from. Everything tasted fresh and clean, nothing tasted overly sweet or fake sugar-y. You could really taste the quality of her ingredients which was huge for us since we love great cakes an know that not every bakery uses the best, quality, fresh ingredients. The cake, filling, and icing options were so fun and creative - she pairs together the most perfect combinations, the cake is so outstanding. Everyone loved our cake and still talks about it. Ashley is fantastic. Great flavors, great creativity, great decorations that are so tastefully done, but most of all, great service!!! I can't wait to use her again for future events! Thank you, Ashley!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Mel P

Ashley was great to work with for our wedding 11/5/16. We were in a bind, less than a month before our wedding without a cake, after many failed trial cakes that didn't have the natural buttercream look. As soon as I saw Ashley's site, I knew her cake would be the one. We placed... Read More our order sight-unseen, no tasting because of the rush of busy season, and we were thrilled with the results. It was beautiful, and everyone loved the cookies & cream filling. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Thomas W

Ashley and Sugar Lane Cake Shop was simply amazing. Our relationship with Ashley started in the middle of the winter maybe 9 or 10 months before the wedding. We did a tasting and expected to do many more tastings after. However, her cakes and frostings were sooooo good. The... Read More next tasting we did sealed the deal and we knew that we must use Sugar Lane. Ashley was exceptionally accommodating , my "wife" (so weird writing that) and I have completely different tastes, Ashley allowed us to choose two flavors each and 2 of the 4 tiers would be my wife's flavors and 2 would be mine. Other Cake shops were not willing to do that. Have I mentioned the cake tasted amazing and looked amazing as well. We went with a 4 tier, ruffled buttercream cake, with 2 tiers filled with pistachio and raspberry, 2 tiers with cookies and cream and chocolate ganache(clearly my tiers). Everyone at the wedding was complimenting us, not only on the design and appearance of the cake but also the taste. Simply and elegantly amazing, I will recommend Ashley and Sugar Lane to anyone who asks and probably those who don't ask as well.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Andrea S

Absolutely beautiful and delicious wedding cake ! My guests were raving about how amazing it tasted.. they still bring it up! I had a design in mind and once I saw the SugarLane website I knew Ashley was the one to make my cake. Her hand crafted sugar flowers are gorgeous and... Read More stunning- they look so real!. She has an amazing aesthetic and my cake came out more beautiful than I could imagine. Ashley was wonderful to work with and we had so much fun during our cake tasting. She is professional and has very fair pricing. Worth every penny! I dedicated an entire page in my wedding photo album just to the cake because it was that pretty! My husband and I were beyond happy with our experience with SugarLane !

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Christine K

BEST CAKE EVER! And I am not just saying this because it was our wedding cake! My husband and I eat cake at every wedding so we know a lot about how much wedding cakes can suck, especially in Long Island. Since we were having a vineyard wedding out in Long Island we wanted to... Read More find someone nearby. I searched all over The Knot, local bakeries, friends recommendations, etc... and was consistently disappointed by the service, taste, photos of cakes, and lack of style. It wasn't until we stumbled upon Sugar Lane Cake Shop on The Knot and saw their website and Instagram that we fell in LOVE! The photos and style of cakes are beautiful and honestly my husband and I thought it was too good to be true to find something like this in Long Island especially with such quality ingredients. We decided a tasting wouldn't hurt, so we went for it and we ended up spending our entire session tasting and arguing about what flavors to pick for our cake. Ashley was very helpful narrowing down the flavors for us. Her creativity is astonishing! Our cake was so beautiful! Our guests and even our photographer who got really close to the cake thought the flowers were real. Another important thing was BUDGET. And Ashley was super helpful in meeting our budget, but not compromising taste or style. I really can't believe it. Sugar Lane Cake Shop was by far the best vendor in all of our wedding planning. As someone with very high expectations, Ashley exceeded them! My husband and I can't wait to recommend Sugar Lane Cake Shop to our friends so we can eat delicious cake at their wedding. Thank you so much Ashley! The cake was the most memorable part of the wedding!

Ashley Rowland

I was always an artist at heart, but after years of sitting behind a canvas, something was missing. So with a passion for baking I decided to explore art within food. There was just something about creating edible art that brought me an endless amount of excitement. Having something that I created, that delicious cake, those intricate sugar flowers, help bring someones fairytale to life has brought me more joy than I could ever imagine.