Music for a complete day of celebration.

Sugar covers all your favorites from todays artists along with the best of old school disco, R&B, funk, Motown, jazz and soul classics. A professional band performing together for over 15 years, this band stays current with all of todays hottest hits and knows how to get a party started and keep it going!

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Vocals

Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Ida Z

We've watched Sugar perform over the course of many years at venues in Newport, RI. In fact whenever they were in town we would make sure we were out for the night! So when we got engaged and had to pick a band, there was no hesitation whatsoever Sugar was the band for us! We... Read More were so excited to have them, we even announced it on our Save the Date! Aka Save the Date for our wedding and Save the Date for Sugar's performance! They sure did not disappoint! They were amazing and SO professional. They vibed so well with all the other vendors and dealt with typical wedding day hitches like pros. I.e. timing/scheduling of first dances, speeches, etc. They are hands down the best wedding band. They come with their own lighting which was an added surprise and bonus ;)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Allison H

My husband and I have seen Sugar perform numerous times and decided long before we were engaged that we didn't just want them, we needed them at our wedding. When the time came to look for venues we based our search around Sugar's availability. Luckily the starts aligned and... Read More we booked them for our September 2016 wedding at Jonathan Edwards Winery. Marcy made the pre wedding process so easy and was always responsive to our emails. Fast forward to our wedding day. Sugar ROCKED!! We new we were in for a special night when after our first dance all 200 of our guests flooded the dance floor for the next song. Seriously, everyone was on the dance floor and it continued that way until the end of the night when everyone started chanting, "one more song, one more song". Our guests are still raving about our band over a month later. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Sugar! Book them! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Mara R

We had first heard of Sugar through a friend that had heard them perform at a local bar. After some research and looking at the reviews, we went to the Wind Jammer to hear them play. They were AMAZING and had the whole bar up and dancing the whole night. We chatted with Izzy and... Read More Marcy after the show and were convinced that night that they would be perfect for the wedding. Working with them through contract negotiations, song choices, and logistics was made pretty easy by how responsive Marcy is. That night, they were the one thing that truly made our wedding. Everyone can't stop talking about how amazing they were and the dance floor was so packed all night people were dancing on the carpet. We can't thank them enough for making our night the best!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Jordan G

We had Sugar perform at our wedding this past June and they did not disappoint. We still get compliments from our family and friends - Everyone was dancing all night! This band really made our reception come alive! We HIGHLY recommend them and continue to see them perform when... Read More they are playing in the local areas. Thank you again for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

This is the band to hire for your wedding or event. Not one guest sat down the entire night. No one wanted the wedding to end. They will play everything and anything and they appeal to every age group. Their sound is amazing! Hire them and look no further.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Lucy P

Sugar is the best band in the area, hands down! They have a huge repertoire from oldies to current music and they are just soooo good! You have options with the number of players (and therefore $$) and the songs you want them to play as well as for how long. I arranged my entire... Read More wedding around Sugar's availability because I absolutely had to have them. Everyone has been talking about the band ever since the big day and the experience from my initial conversation with Marcy was top notch, no complaints. So easy to work with and so professional. Cannot say enough good things. If you want a good band you need Sugar!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Heather S

I cannot say enough about Sugar! They played my wedding two weeks ago and my guests having been raving about them ever since. Marcy was a true professional in the planning and organizing of my night. I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. They are such a diverse and... Read More talented group of musicians and hiring them for my big night was one of the easiest and best decisions I had to make.....highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

Sugar band made our wedding! I still have people coming to me 2 weeks later saying that they've never danced so much in their life. You can tell the band is having a great time which makes everyone want to join in on the fun! Very professional and accommodating we all. I would... Read More recommend to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Dana G

Sugar is absolutely amazing!! When we first got engaged, we saw a few Sugar band members play at Red 36 in Mystic. We immediately fell in love and knew we wanted them to play at our wedding. And in our search for wedding venues and dates, we were only interested in dates that... Read More we knew Sugar was available to play. We also saw the whole band at Esker Point this past summer and they were great then too. We decided on a Thursday wedding, which is a bit odd but it was a small wedding and Sugar was amazing!! Our guests raved all night, and still rave almost a month later. They learned our first dance song and played all our requests. I don't even think they took a break all night! They made our small wedding feel bigger because everyone was dancing. Absolutely fantastic group of people. Everyone was so sweet. By far, Sugar was one of the best parts of our wedding and we can't wait to see them again.

Guests cannot stop raving...

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Sarah N

When my husband proposed out on Block Island, our first order of official wedding business became booking Sugar. We had first heard Sugar play at Yellow Kittens on the Block five years prior and while we were there we proclaimed that when we got married, Sugar would have to... Read More play at our wedding. So, a few weeks after our engagement, we made our way to one of their local shows with parents in tow to one of their shows to vet them and make sure our ears had not deceived us that original night. From the first note, we knew that they had not. I proclaimed to my dad that I knew this was the band because they made me want to dance -- me! a person who is self-admittedly rhythmically challenged and generally needs to be dragged onto a dance floor. I reached out that night by email and was responded to promptly by the ever so warm and professional, Marcy. We booked Sugar before we even had booked our venue. The band was great to work with throughout the entire process. Marcy responded to all my requests and questions in a timely fashion throughout our planning process and at times even kept me on task! They went above and beyond by learning our first dance song for us! However, the true talent of this band, of course, is their music and their energy. Every single member of the band is ridiculously talented. They get the crowd going and wow them all night long. The dance floor was packed the entire night. My husband's favorite moment of the wedding was seeing every single one our guests on the dance floor for the last song, going wild. Nobody wanted the night to end. Our guests have not stopped talking about how amazing the band was and how much fun they had. We had gone to see them play twice during the planning months to get and idea of what songs we wanted them to play. We had a blast each and every time. For the wedding, we requested 10 songs and they put together the rest of the set list, a diverse and wonderful mix -- there was something for everyone (which of course our guests noted and commented on as well)! We will be continuing to go see Sugar play at their local shows throughout the years to come and I am pretty sure that we will have friends and family asking to join us from now on!

Best Wedding Band of All Time

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 amy l

Trust me, Sugar is the best investment you'll make in your wedding, they are INCREDIBLE. We were hopeful our guests would love them but Sugar truly blew EVERYONE away with a great night of music and dancing. Marcy and team were so patience and accommodating during our wedding... Read More planning. We bounced song after song off them and they were open to all ideas. They actually learned our first dance song just for us making the night even more special. We had the acoustic trio perform at cocktails followed by the full band at the reception. Marcy did a great job MC'ing and rolled with an ever-changing itinerary. People were dancing long after the bar shut down. Even almost 6 months later people compliment us on having the best wedding band they'd ever seen. We simply cannot recommend this crew enough, professional, entertaining, modern (is it wrong to say gorgeous too?!) Sugar is the whole package!

THE Best.

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Nicole T

This band…. There are no words to describe how insanely talented these people are. I had a very diverse crowd at my wedding- older family members, my parents coworkers, my younger friends, but everyone, EVERYONE got up and danced when Sugar started playing. Seriously, the... Read More whole wedding rushed the dancefloor when it opened up for everybody, and it stayed full until they had to kick us out. Yep, they turned my wedding reception into an all-ages dance party and it was AWESOME. For days and weeks afterwards, family friends, coworkers, out of town family members were contacting us to rave about how wonderful the music was and how they haven't danced that much in years. My biggest fear was that the wedding wouldn't be as fun for the guest as it would be for me, but Sugar took care of that and we all had a blast. Sugar had a great set list and a remarkable range. Motown, funk, disco, hip hop, pop, we got it all! Marcy also did a great job emceeing for us and working with a surprise guest (a mermaid!) They are on the pricier side but that is because they are completely, amazingly, (maybe magically?) talented. The band was very easy to coordinate and communicate with. They were absolutely fantastic.

Marcy Kelly

We're honored when being asked to be part of such an important day therefor we do our very best to make it as memorable and enjoyable as our clients wishes. We've performed together at over 300 weddings alone so you can certainly say we're seasoned professionals with a lot of experience.