Sundy House

(19)

Delray Beach, FL

Capacity: Up to 100 | WEBSITE | PHONE

An Experience in Natural Elegance

Discover the serene beauty and luxury of the Sundy House with an acre of exotic gardens filled with lush scenery and romantic gazebos ideal for an intimate ceremony followed by a reception at our award-winning restaurant. Eleven luxurious and distinctive guest accommodations are also available.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Botanic Garden/Park, Inn/B&B, Mansion/Historic Site, Museum/Gallery, Restaurant

106 South Swinton Avenue, Delray Beach, FL

Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Annie o

GORGEOUS venue! everyone, including myself on the day of my wedding commented on what a beautiful venue it was. It really set the whole wedding.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Lori H

Our wedding turned out perfect! The Sundy House and staff were amazing and I would recommend them to anyone.

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE :)

Reviewed on 3/15/2013 kimberly s

WE LOVED OUR WEDDING. OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY STAYED ON PROPERTY THE DAY BEFORE AND THE DAY OF OUR WEDDING AND IT WAS THE BEST WEEKEND OF MY LIFE. WE'VE HAD NOTHING BUT COMPLIMENTS ON EVERY ASPECT OF OUR STAY AND WEDDING. TOM OUR COORDINATOR IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. HE WAS SO EASY TO WORK WITH, ALWAYS HAD A SMILE ON HIS FACE AND WAS WITH ME EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. THE STAFF MADE ME FEEL SO SPECIAL. I WAS SO IMPRESSED WITH DAVID WHO INTRODUCED HIMSELF RIGHT AFTER OUR CEREMONY AND CATERED TO OUR EVERY WHIM. HE MADE SURE WE EXPERIENCED EVERYTHING. HE BROUGHT US DRINKS AND APPETIZERS DURING PHOTOS. HE GOT ME HOT,FRESH FOOD 3 TIMES WHEN I'D WALK AWAY FROM OUR TABLE AND MADE SURE I ALWAYS HAD A COLD GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE IN MY HAND! THE STAFF MADE SURE THAT WE ENJOYED THE PARTY AS MUCH AS OUR GUESTS. I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD ABOUT THIS PLACE. MY HUSBAND, WHO BECAME A FAN OF 4 WEDDINGS, SAYS IF WE'D HAVE BEEN ON THE SHOW, WE'D HAVE WON. IT WAS A FANTASTIC FUN PARTY. IT WAS TRULY A MAGICAL WEEKEND.

What a great place!

Reviewed on 12/05/2014

My husband and I were married in a chapel in Boca Raton, FL and had our reception at the Sundy House in Delray Beach, FL. The venue was just fabulous! Everything about our reception was perfect. We had a small wedding and reception with only about 30 people. Tom Rasmussen, the event coordinator was wonderful. His laid-back but professional demeanor was perfect for us. The room location and layout was beautiful, overlooking their lush garden with a pond. The food was fabulous! The DJ Tom recommended (DJ Innovations) went above and beyond our expectations. When looking for a venue for our reception, my sister and I visited about 10 different places. We knew right when we walked in that the Sundy House was for us. It not only was the most beautiful, it was also within our budget when so many places in this area were not. So much charm and elegance here with employees who really care about how your reception goes. We've gotten so many comments from our guests at how wonderful the wedding and reception were. I'm still smiling!

WONDERFUL

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Amy a

EVERYTHING WAS GREAT BUT THEY NICKLE AND DIME YOU FOR EVERYTHING

Sunday House Reception - FABULOUS

Reviewed on 2/24/2013 Gaylene B

We LOVED the food and service at the Sundy House. We could not have chosen a more perfect location and ambiance for our reception. Thank you again Sundy House for excellent service and food!!!!

A beautiful tropical garden

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Jessica B

I don't have a single complaint about the Sundy House. We had the ceremony in one of their gazebos in the Taru garden, and the scenery was so beautiful, with the tropical plants and the water ponds, that I needed only minimum decoration. Before lunch we had a toast in the veranda with cheese and fruit dispaly. Everything was super fresh. We held the reception in their smaller dining room, for I had only 20 guests, and it was nice, intimate and cozy. The food was excellent, and very reasonably priced. We were allowed to bring ouw own wine by paying a corkage fee, and a cutting fee applied to the cake too, although the extra serving of ice cream and berries compensated. The wedding coordinator was always there for us, and very helpful.

Perfect place for an enchanted garden wedding!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Ashley R

I had my wedding at the Sundy House a few weeks ago! It was EXACTLY the wedding I had hoped for and meticulously planned! I first fell in love with the Sundy House when I went there for a Valentines Day dinner a few years back. During our wedding planning, I had already booked another venue when I came across the Sundy House when I was looking for places to do our engagement shoot in Delray Beach. I quickly realized that the garden/whimsical theme that my wedding was becoming would fit much better at the Sundy House than the initial venue I had chosen. What once seemed like it would be out of our budget compared to the original venue, actually ended up being the same amount :) I was so happy that I was able to forfeit my deposit and switch venues. Tom is the wedding coordinator at the Sundy House and he went above and beyond what my expectations were! He is there for you from the time you put a deposit down until you are about to cut the cake the day of! We had our ceremony/cocktail hour outside by the Cenote pools and our reception in the Mediterranean Room, which was beautiful. And even though it was September in Florida (which is always HOT) the Sundy House is so shaded by the garden that it was cooler than expected. Don't get me wrong... there was definitely some sweating going on lol. When guests arrive, there are people to escort them through the garden and into the ceremony area, which is nice so they aren't wandering around. The Sundy House has 11 rooms on the site, so we stayed there the whole weekend, which made it easier to transport decorations and have a place for all of the girls to get ready. The rooms are all unique and amazing! I really cannot describe them, it's something you have to see for yourself, but they are like little town homes that overlook the garden. The food at the Sundy House is phenomenal!!! During my reception, (yes, during the wedding) I had to force myself to stop talking to guests and try the Grouper because soo many people were raving about how great the Grouper was!! And, it was amazing, so I'm glad I got to try it! And the prime rib with horseradish sauce was also to die for!!! This is all around an amazing, secret place that not many are even aware of. So many of my guests came up to me and said, "wow, this is the MOST beautiful location for a wedding! I didn't even know this was here in Delray!" Many people plan to return for their renown Sunday Brunch, which words cannot describe. The only thing I would say that was kind of a hassle was the timing they allow for decorations. Unfortunately, since the Sundy House is a popular place for not only weddings, but also baby showers, etc. They often have other events planned that end only a few hours before your wedding begins. Thus, little time to hang lanterns, etc. Everything got done in time, but I can tell you that you must have a lot of people willing to help out. I even had to go hang lanterns right before my hair/makeup was being done, but I didn't mind too much. Overall... GREAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!

The Best day of my Life...

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 Stephanie K

The Sundy House is beyond beautiful!!! Tom the wedding coordinator is out of this world. He's is the best person for the job.He listens to all your needs and wants. It made everything happen perfect... Never did I ever dream it would have been that perfect.. Staff is amazing, the rooms and food is outstanding... Highly suggest you have your wedding here..

Amazing venue BUT very difficult staff

Reviewed on 6/24/2012 Jennifer G

The Sundy house is a BEAUTIFUL venue, in fact I'm not sure there is a better venue if you're looking for a unique and awe-inspiring place to get married - HOWEVER our entire family including our wedding planner had such a tough time working with the event staff there that at this time I cannot recommend it to anyone planning a wedding. They were so bad to work with - its just not worth the hassle during an already stressful time.

Perfect wedding

Reviewed on 3/09/2012 Kelly H

My wedding at the Sundy House was beautiful! Tom, who helped coordinate the day, was so friendly and helpful! The gardens and flowers and surroundings are beautiful and different. All of my guests loved the magical feel of the place. Also, the food was amazing, and I loved my cottage suite. It is so wonderful inside, its huge (enough for my bridal party to get ready), and we loved the whirlpool tub and beautiful decor.

Awesome

Reviewed on 2/19/2012 Katherine F

You'll be hard pressed to find a venue more beautiful than The Sundy House. The food was delicious, they catered to our every need diet wise. I am a vegetarian and we had a lot of different allergies and dietary restrictions and everybody had a delicious meal option. We had our ceremony out by the pool area and it was truly beautiful. The wedding coordinator, Tom, is awesome and wants nothing more than to make the bride's vision come true. I would recommend this venue any day of the week.

Fabulous day, fabulous staff, beautiful location

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Patti O

I would recommend the Sundy House to anyone for any occasion, but especially for your wedding. The staff is beyond professional and truly do everything you can imagine to make your day perfect. I couldn't have imagined such a high level of service. AJ & Co have a gift and if I were to do it all again, I'd choose to spend my day with them in a heartbeat!

beautiful venue for smaller weddings

Reviewed on 6/29/2011 Em C

My now-husband and I searched all over central and south FL before deciding on the Sundy House for our ceremony. We loved the tropical garden feel and the freshwater cenote with fish in it, as well as the proximity of the location to the beach (and Atlantic Ave in Delray Beach) for our guests. Our wedding coordinator AJ was extremely helpful and provided support throughout the months prior to the wedding. We wound up doing food, ceremony, and reception from the Sundy House for about 60 guests (ceremony on the grass by the pool, reception in the Mediterranean Room -- there are other options too but we liked these the most). Our guests raved about the site. The only caveat is that (1) it's a bit pricy, though you do get what you pay for; (2) this is a very popular wedding venue, so if you're not careful (or if you don't do a buy-out of the place) there might be another wedding there the same day, which can be off-putting.

Excellent

Reviewed on 5/04/2011 Kelly M

Everything went perfect pretty much... You don't come by food and service much better than this very often. I had a very small wedding and the Sundy House made me feel like I had a $50,000 wedding for around $4000. What more could you ask for?!?! Except for AJ, but fortunately the rest of the staff and the food and the beautiful garden make up for him. Even though the Sundy House does weddings practically every other day, they made us feel like the most important and special bride and groom in the world on our wedding day.

Pricey and for small weddings- but beautiful!

Reviewed on 3/22/2011 Marissa B

A beautiful site and fantastic customer service, but you need to be willing to limit your guest list quite a bit. Also the food was AMAZING

Simply amazing

Reviewed on 3/21/2011 Heather C

My wedding at The Sundy was amazing. I wanted a romantic outdoor wedding in a garden and the reception in the same area and that's exactly what I got. The food was great and the service was great. The coordinator made sure everything was set up on time and directed my vendors to whatever they needed, no need for a wedding planner when they are hosting. The only thing I could complain about was the fact that they wanted the reception done by 11:00. When the time came we were having so much fun we could have partied for another couple hours at least, but I understand they have other guests in staying the night that probably want to sleep without music playing all night.

Sundy House

Reviewed on 1/09/2011 Meredith T

Although we got off to a very bumpy start with the initial meetings, our wedding at the Sundy House was fantastic! Everything was beautiful and AJ (the planner) was great to work with. Martha at the front desk was also extremely helpful in planning the accommodations for the night before and of the wedding. Our only complaint was the contract developing and signing. The total was wrong 3 times (in favor of the Sundy House) and was only fixed upon our request. Be sure to check your bill. Otherwise, everything was truly amazing!

Review for Sundy House

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Carol K

Everything! Best of all was that the staff was wonderfully accommodating. The catering manager and event planner did everything and I did not have to worry or fuss over anything but enjoying myself.;This is for any venue. Have someone make you and your husband a boxed meal. We were dancing and socializing not to mention pictures and the traditional activities that we had no time to sit and eat.

Send Email