Sur La Lune Photography

Serving Bowling Green, Nashville, and willing to travel!

For those over the moon with love and happiness

Congrats on your engagement! You're about to embark on a creative journey with your partner. Whether that brings you to a romantic elopement, intimate wedding in the backyard, or a large and wild celebration, we believe the glue that holds all weddings together is love. As recent newlyweds ourselves we are all the more excited about cheering you on. We love working with couples that are in this to marry their best friend, the rest is just extra. We love couples that hug their guests fiercely and seek to be present. The details are fun, but love is what matters. Our style is romantic, candid, personalized, and sentimental. Our approach is full of heart. We do what we do to forever capture life and love for generations to come. Get in touch. We are thrilled to hear about your love story.

Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Serving Bowling Green and Nashville, BOWLING GREEN, KY Serving Bowling Green, Nashville, and willing to travel! (270) 883-2406

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Jenny M

I first met Carrie at my friends wedding over 3 years ago. I was a bridesmaid and absolutely LOVED working with her! She was extremely kind, professional, creative, and all around such a pleasant person! Not to mention the memories she captured for my friend and her husband were... Read More phenomenal. Carrie's positive energy, fun easy-going personality, and amazing photographs made a lasting impression, as I made a mental note then and there, that I wanted her to be my wedding photographer! Fast forward 3 years, I got engaged and immediately emailed her! Carrie did our engagement photos and then she and her husband came to photograph our wedding. This couple was by far the BEST decision we made for our entire wedding! They are amazing. Simply exceptional! They are so loving, warm, caring, and truly get to know their subjects. They capture every ounce of happiness, joy and laughter throughout the day. I plan on going back to Carrie for photos with family, etc. in the future! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sur La Lune Photography, and HIGHLY recommend everyone to book them!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Julie P

From the very first meeting I knew that Carrie was the perfect photographer. Her artistic style, genuine concern to make sure we had what we wanted, and fun personality made her instantly feel like a friend than just a photographer. She made the engagement session, wedding day,... Read More and everything in between so fun, personal, and down right perfect! She kept us updated as pictures were done and stayed within the time frame of delivering them to us as promised even though she had a very busy season to shoot. When in doubt, totally go with Sur La Lune and you definitely won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Allison M

Choosing Carrie as our photographer was the first decision we made after becoming engaged- even before the venue, guest list size, and date, and it was undoubtedly the best decision we made throughout the process. Carrie is consistently reliable, thorough, and quick when... Read More responding to communication throughout planning. When we chose a destination wedding in a city we were unfamiliar with, Carrie went well beyond her role as photographer to suggest rehearsal dinner venues and offer tips about the city. Most importantly, she put our families, wedding party, and ourselves at ease throughout the portrait sessions. So often that part of the wedding feels stressful and rushed, everyone ends up mad, and photos end up looking unnatural and overly posed. Our photos are spectacular and truly capture the relationships and feelings throughout the day. Several guests commented that they enjoyed talking with the photographers, and even though photographers were everywhere throughout the night, it was comfortable and fun to be around them. Carrie captured every moment of the night, even moments that I didn't know I had missed. We have photos of every guest, and she provided the photos 2 weeks before scheduled. Most importantly, when I look through the photos, I see all of the love and real emotions of the day. Our wedding was beautiful and powerful and tearful, and the photos show just how beautiful those deeply human moments are. I would hire Carrie again in a heart beat, and I plan to have a long relationship with her as clients and now friends.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Shelby W

I'm sitting here downloading photos from our wedding drives to our desktop computer six months after our wedding and I'm in tears all over again. Carrie has taken our photos since early 2013. Several couples shoots, an engagement session, an elopement, and finally our wedding... Read More and we're left with thousands of photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. There is nobody that I would recommend more. She is dependable, trustworthy, hard-working, personable, and SO much fun. She makes clients feel completely at ease and nothing is ever forced or awkward. Her & Ganer work so well together as a husband and wife team. We are just so blessed to have crossed paths with them and we will always be so thankful for all of the memories they have captured!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Cameron S

We do not have enough words for what a wonderful experience we had with Carrie and how truly beautiful her pictures are and she is, inside and out. As two people who historically hate getting our pictures taken and being the center of attention, she not only made us feel... Read More comfortable but made the whole process, from engagement pics through the wedding day, such a joy. From a business standpoint, she is incredibly prompt with her replies, conscientious with your time and your picture requests (and, in our case with very little clue what were doing, a fabulous director!), and goes out of her way to make the whole experience memorable and fun. Both our engagement and wedding pictures were received quickly, and are just breathtaking – she truly captures the emotions and beauty of moments – we laughed, and cried, and laughed again looking through them, and simply could not have enjoyed them more. Carrie has a unique combination of beautiful talent combined with a truly remarkable, joyous spirit that is magnetic - we loved getting to know her through this process and our wedding truly would not have been the same without her.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Samantha b

When it came time to find a photographer, I was really looking for someone who could take honest, candid photos. I wanted us to be able to look back on this day, and see and relive it with wholesome goodness. I began my search, and while searching through some Facebook photos, I... Read More came across Meg + Jess' wedding. Here I was scrolling through the wedding day of some complete strangers, and I was overcome with emotion! ALL THE FEELS! I knew I had to book them immediately. Probably the fastest, and best decision I made (other than marrying my husband) for that day! Carrie went ABOVE and beyond. She is such an excellent source of comfort and advice, and was pumping me up in the days before my wedding (when I was the most stressed!). I was worried about taking 'getting ready' photos at my house and requested that none be shot as it is not very picturesque - and Carrie 'popped by' for a 'few' shots, and let me tell you -- I'm so glad she didn't listen to me! They really added to the story of our day! Carrie is so authentic, sweet, and caring -- it really shows in her photographs. After my wedding, I felt drained, and said to my husband that I didn't have any fun on that day (its so stressful!). Carrie's ears must have been burning as our photos were promptly delivered to us within WEEKS. As I scrolled through the photos, there were so many (too many?!?!) of myself doubled over in laughter and crying tears of pure joy. She caught so many gorgeous, intimate, and priceless moments. After our wedding, we had guests mention to us how AMAZING our photographer was -- "She really WORKED!" Some actually thought she was a close friend or member of the family. And trust, after this, SHE IS. I owe her so much more than this review can even offer. I honestly don't know what you're doing if you go with anyone BUT Sur La Lune. They are honest. They are real. They are everything.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Rachel O

The photographs we got from Carrie are absolutely amazing. Planning a wedding from afar is hard work, and sometimes you have to take chances. I'm so glad that I followed my gut and booked Sur La Lune. We were unable to meet beforehand (I live in a different state, and I was... Read More living at the time in a different location from the wedding, too), and even though we didn't even meet through Skype until a few weeks before the wedding due to bad internet connections on my end, she was so great to work with and I knew that I could trust her! Unfortunately Ganer was unable to join her on our wedding date as the second shooter, but she was able to recruit another photographer who was also great and fit in perfectly with her style. Somehow they managed to be everywhere and capture so much. I had so many people tell me how they were having fun and laughing when they looked over to see that Carrie had been snapping pics the whole time (and let me say, those ones turned out GREAT). I feel as though we got her services at a steal for being out of state, the amount of coverage we got, and the quality of pictures. Looking through the full album (which is like a ton pictures!) I still haven't found one I don't like. It's so great because she really understands how special the moments she captures are, and she encouraged my husband and I to really take the time to sit down and look through them together with some background music, and just relive the moments. Having recently been married herself, she knows very well the emotions that can come over you on your wedding day and how special it is to capture every one. You will not be disappointed by booking her to shoot anything!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Abigale R

Sur La Lune Photography cannot be put into words! When I was asked to write a review of them for the Knot I made sure that I made time for it because they are THAT stinking awesome!!! I first heard of them when my best friend chose them for their wedding and once I worked with... Read More them in my friend's wedding and saw her wedding pictures I was SOLD! Everything about them, from their style of photography, the way they photograph, their teamwork, their joy they receive from doing what the love, is everything I was looking for in a team to capture one of the most precious days of our lives. Don't even get me started about my own wedding pictures. I look at all like 3000 of them way to often with the cheesiest, widest grin on my face and its been over a year now, but every time I see the pictures I relive that day through them, which is exactly the ability what you want to have in a wedding photographer. Sur La Lune delivers excellence, I can't say enough good things about them!! :)

Reviewed on 3/03/2016 Rachel W

Carrie and Ganer were an absolute delight to work with, and really added to the overall great experience of our wedding. They were both so unobtrusive, yet still fun to be around and easy to talk. Carrie seemed to have a 6th sense for when my very low key husband and I were... Read More "done" taking photos and ready to get back to the party. I never felt like the photography, even couples sessions or the long line of family photos, separated me from the wedding. It felt totally okay to take a 3 minute break to talk to my Uncle and Aunt after snapping a picture with them, before they left. Similarly, though they took amazing photos during our ceremony, I didn't even notice they were there, and neither did any of my guests whom I have spoken to about their high quality work. However, the very best thing about Sur La Lune is their ability to capture the day of your wedding as it really is. I tell everyone that I feel like a total corn ball saying this, but when I look at our wedding photos, I remember how our wedding day felt to me. People are laughing, people are hugging (and hugging and hugging), and everyone looks like their real selves. Carrie and Ganer were truly able to capture the sentiment of our wedding day: fun, laid back, supportive, and emotional. You could not ask for better photographers. If it is within your power to book them, you absolutely should.

The very best!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Emily W

We were so lucky to book Carrie right before she moved back to Bowling Green. We did an extended engagement session with her and then she was our photographer for our wedding, and OH MY GOODNESS she's wonderful. Not only are our photos stunning, but she was so easy to work with.... Read More We knew exactly what to expect from her ahead of time, and she gave us so much more. She was incredibly flexible, great at capturing true moments, and had a fabulous way of bringing out the very best of us on our very best day. Not to mention that, comparatively, her services are a steal!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Mallory H

Carrie and Ganer took such fantastic photos! They exceeded all of my expectations. We had a bit of a time issue on my wedding day (no one's fault, but it happens) and instead of letting me stress out, Carrie was cool, calm, and efficient. They managed to get all the pictures I... Read More wanted in 1 hour instead of the 3 we planned on. She was amazing! They were flexible, creative, positive, upbeat, and most importantly helped me stay sane! My pictures are beautiful and there are so many to choose from. I agonized over what photographer to hire because pictures were the most important thing to me. I am 100% positive I made the right choice.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Emily P

Worth every single penny! Sur La Lune Photography did an absolutely amazing job with capturing every emotion and special moment of our day! They are also some of the kindest people you will every meet and are so enthusiastic about getting to know you, your groom, and your... Read More families and friends. They are also extremely talented! Hands down, having Sur La Lune photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Megan W

Sur La Lune Photography did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding photos! She made my husband and I feel very comfortable through all of the pictures. Her in the moment style was perfect for what we wanted. She captured moments on our wedding day that we will cherish... Read More forever. Anybody looking for a reasonably priced amazing photographer should definitely go with Sur La Lune!!

Couldn't have imagined better photos!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Jessica C

My partner and I used Sur La Lune (Carrie and Ganer) for our wedding over Memorial weekend. We met them in person for the first time the day of the wedding, but they truly were more like friends than vendors! They made us both feel so comfortable and so beautiful. They are so... Read More personable and kind! You can see that they love what they do! The talent between the two of them is truly astonishing. I would without a doubt, 100% recommend them to any couple wanting the best photography around! Carrie and Ganer, thank you so much for the hard work and amazing photographs! We loved sharing our day with you!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 leigh d

Sur la lune did an amazing job capturing every moment and memory of our day. They were accommodating and organized, great to work with! We are in love with our wedding pictures and every time we look through them we are able to relive our special day!

If You Haven't Called Carrie, You Should!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014

Being Air Force and not local for our wedding planning, my husband and I found Carrie through my cousin, who was very familiar with her work. And thank goodness! Carrie and Ganer are fantastic! We found their prices very competitive, but more than that, we're thrilled... Read More with both the process and our photos! During the wedding, they were so fun! We enjoyed our photos - they weren't a chore! Our wedding party still talks about how, rather than drudgery, they had such a great time doing our photos and bonus - it didn't take forever! Now that we have the photos back, we're even happier. We love the detail! Together, Carrie and Ganer captured all the little moments we really treasure from that day. By the time our pictures were finished, my pilot husband was already deployed again. I can't begin to tell you what it meant to me, seeing his handsome, smiling face and remembering all those treasured moments that meant so much to us! As an aside, I should add that Carrie and Ganer were flexible and great with accommodating our crazy military schedule. We weren't around for all the planning. Travis was in CA and I was in NJ, with our wedding in the middle! We did lots over the phone and email, and met when and where we could. They were awesome! We were blessed to have worked with lots of great vendors for our wedding (go with Catering St. Louis, too!), but we seriously do not have enough good things to say about Sur la Lune! Book them, book them, book them!

We Love Carrie and Ganer!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Adrienne A

I originally found Carrie on the knot last summer when researching photographers. Her work was amazing and and her flexibility with her packages fit our needs to a T! Her communication throughout the process of getting engagement pictures and wedding plans was unreal! I was... Read More always impressed by how quickly she responded to my emails and questions, and that she was so thorough and positive :). Our engagement pictures were a blast, and our pictures turned out better than expected! The same went with our wedding! We were thrilled with every aspect of Carrie and Ganer. They were so extremely nice and friendly and were still able to capture every moment of our day. They seriously went above and beyond what I ever would have expected (even just from my first impression of her on the knot!). Carrie and Ganer are not just wedding vendors for us but good friends now as well!

Simply AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Kristin T

What can I say about Carrie & Ganer? They were simply AMAZING when it came to our engagement & wedding photography! This couple shows their love for photography and shows a commitment to making your day the best it can be from the very start. They're easy to work with, SUPER... Read More friendly, and very professional. As a team, they compliment each other and deliver a natural, beautiful style that enhances the existing beauty of your setting and your relationship. My husband and I felt so comfortable and natural while doing our engagement and wedding photography...and the results were just breathtaking! Thank you Carrie & Ganer! You guys are THE BEST! We're so glad to have had you as a part of our most special of days. :)

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Jennifer S

Carrie and Ganer were so easy to work with. Carrie did our engagement photos and they were beautiful! We had this dynamic duo photograph our wedding and they captured every wonderful moment as well as making look everything look beautiful, even our slightly terrible church... Read More lighting. I recommend them heartily for a reasonably priced and unique wedding photography experience!

LOVE. CARRIE.

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Lina

I can't recreate the web search that brought me to Carrie. As far as I'm concerned, it was divine intervention because this girl is AMAZING. We did both our engagement pics and wedding pics with her and had a blast at both sessions. She is incredibly talented and creative but... Read More allowed us to be ourselves, which was very important. I seriously want Carrie to be my best friend, and I might have her down to Nashville again to do maternity pics if/when the day comes.

over the moon with happiness

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Haley S

While looking for a wedding photographer for our upcoming Bowling Green wedding we struggled to find someone local, within our budget, and with an aesthetic we felt matched our own. Many other photographers seemed to focus on heavily posed shots, sometimes with harsh lighting or... Read More over-the-top editing (or no editing to clean up washed out or over-blown night-time shots). Ganer and Carrie are not only incredibly aesthetically talented, they have the technical skill and equipment investment to insure every shot is as envisioned, the editing ability to make sure things are polished, and the people skills that create an atmosphere of comfort and fun. The number of wonderful candid shots that we received, of ourselves and a variety of loved ones, is testament to how important a photographer's personality and ability to work with your guests is just as important as their more traditionally valued skills. If their wonderful portfolio is not enough to persuade you, I strongly encourage couples to meet with Carrie and Ganer in person (or better yet, book an engagement session! our session with just Carrie made it very clear Sur la Lune was a great choice). The only complaint we could have was that we received so many excellent, edited shots that picking which ones to print was a little overwhelming.

Great experience!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Brooke V

Carrie G. Photography is great! Carrie is such a fun person with a lot of great ideas. She also is very good about taking into account what you want. She remembered pictures I forgot I wanted! She even had a second photographer and those pictures are great too!! She took my... Read More engagement pictures and wedding pictures and I love them both!

Just...AMAZING work

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Maggie W

I was married in Milwaukee, WI on October 15 of last year. Carrie was running her business from Kentucky at the time. She was so accommodating and professional through out the entire experience that I cannot stop recommending her for photography for all occasions! In her mind... Read More the experience is all about the couple, so she is truly amazing at working with the Bride and Groom on what THEY want from their pictures. So when people would make suggestions on the kinds of pictures we should've been taking, the first thing she would do was make sure that was what we wanted. However, she wasn't against taking suggestions. She wanted to make sure the day was everything we wanted to be. She is very adaptable to whatever style of photographs you want her to shoot. For example, I had seen her journalism-style photos and her posed photos, and my husband and I are very in-the-moment people. So she asked us what style we wanted, one or the other, or both? Carrie asked us if we wanted a lot of black and white, color, a mixture photos. And she created a collage of pictures to use as inspiration three weeks before the wedding, based off of pictures I had given her to mimic or types of photos I liked, so that we already had in mind what she would shoot on the big day. Carrie had a lot of creative ideas to give to me! And the best thing, I never noticed her when she was up close, she really respected timing and space. She just knows how to get those beautiful shots! Carrie truly is amazing.Recently she moved to Central Illinois, and I have a feeling that she is going to do very well there. She's professional, courteous, and most importantly makes the day seem so special. She never stopped smiling with me.

Friendly, professional, and my pictures are AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Jenni S

Carrie was wonderful. She asked me what I wanted and gave me exactly that (lots of fun, candid shots plus some beautiful portraits that didn't take us away from our guests for long). We don't like getting our pictures taken, but Carrie made us feel comfortable and provided... Read More enough direction that we didn't feel awkward. She made us laugh and took an insane amount of pictures, I am quite confident that no special moments were missed! She was never in the way, but was always right there to capture everything--some of the best shots we got were pictures I never even knew she took. I would HIGHLY recommend Carrie--she knows what she's doing with lighting and post-processing; so many photographers I considered showed me dark, amateur looking photos--Carrie's are beautiful and magazine-quality. She could be charging WAY more than she is!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Lauren G

The fact that I have Carrie G's photos to remember our engagement and wedding by is truly a blessing. She was exactly what we wanted and a thousand times more. She is way too cheap for the quality of pictures and ideas she produces. She was so much fun to work with and made... Read More everyone in our wedding party feel so relaxed during the sessions. She captured moments that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. I have recommended her to everyone I know and would highly recommend her to anyone in search of a wedding photographer. I assure you that you won't be disappointed with her results. Thanks so much Carrie you truly are the best :)

Carrie & Ganer

We met in college and and fell in love. Now we are newlyweds and our obsession with life and love takes us all over the country. We are both extroverted, sensitive, and passionate people. We love our cat Lune, film, wine, overly elaborate dinners, and beaches. We advocate wedding planning that is personal, healthy, and balanced. We adore fellow big-hearted adventurers and memory-makers. We are glad to meet you.