Susan Gilbert Photography

ALL TEXAS AND USA, NO INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AT THIS TIME.

Once in a lifetime becomes a lifetime of Memories

Photography is my passion. I love making your day special and don't believe a time limit should EVER be put on something that is a once in a lifetime event. My staff and I will be with you from beginning to end so have FUN, LOVE, LAUGH and let US take care of ALL the WONDERFUL memories for you. <3

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

ALL TEXAS AND USA, NO INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AT THIS TIME. (214) 223-2473

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Emily B

I have been VERY pleased with Susan throughout my wedding process. She has taken my engagements and bridals so far and what a fun experience both were! Susan has fabulous ideas of what makes a photo great, she loves props, and she loves animals - what a fun combination for... Read More wedding pictures! For my engagements - she spent several hours with me and my fiancé while we changed outfits and picture positions and we received over 450 photos to choose from! Same story for my bridals - she spent more than two hours with me while we made sure we got every shot and angle that we wanted before we were done with the shoot. What I like about Susan is when she is taking your pictures she is purely focused on you and your experience. And the results are incredible - she is very focused on details and lighting - and she knows exactly how to get them in the shot. Something I thought wouldn't look good in a photo ended up being one of the best shots of the day. Another thing about Susan is her customer service. When she heard that I was having issues with the venue coordinator at my venue she called the owner of the venue directly and explained that I was having a difficult time with one of the employees. The venue director reached out to me and agreed to meet personally with me so that all of my needs were taken care of. I was so thankful she took time out of her day to do that when she didn't have to. Finally - Susan is extremely reasonable priced which was the first thing I liked about her. I was very pleased with her package options (she has several). I felt like I had a lot to choose from and the fact that I got engagements, bridals, and wedding in one reasonably priced package was not something I saw with other photographers. I am getting married in a little over a month and can't wait to see how she photographs my wedding! Thanks Susan for all that you do to make a bride feel special!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Caitlyn M

Susan Gilbert! Where to begin? She is absolutely phenomenal! After hours of searching for the perfect photographer, I came across her page. I was drawn to her based on a review that she stands up for the non-confrontational bride (aka me). This was proven when we had our first... Read More meeting at Starbucks & they took forever (over 45 minutes) for our drinks. She marched over to the barista & said "you see that couple? They're getting married & the last thing they need to stress about is their SB drinks!" She was booked haha. We had a blast at the meeting & ended up talking for about 3 hours! When we had our engagement shoots, she was absolutely amazing. My FH & I were basically clueless as far as posing/photo ops, but she put us to ease instantly. She made sure to let us know the best poses & angles that would be flattering. She made us work for pictures (in a good way)! We were climbing over all sorts of ledges & whatnot, in my tall wedge heels mind you! , but she guaranteed an epic shot... & it was every time. Even before edits, the photos were perfect! One thing that made me fall in love even more was the fact that I had succumbed to a "burn" from an ice pack on my leg, which has a birthmark all on it, so it was bright red! Of course this happened the day before our engagement session. I told her I was self conscious about it & she made sure to use various natural lighting, angles, & posing to ensure it wasn't seen. She definitely is a pro in knowing how to attain the best photos. Another huge plus was that we had so much fun. Susan is a hoot & had us cracking up for the majority of the shoot. It's a guaranteed good time when you're shooting with her. For my bridal shoots, it was just me & Susan. No higher word count on this website can help me enough to describe how much fun I had on that shoot! First of all, she was the one who suggested the use of our wedding venue, as it would save me money & be at no cost. So she's budget friendly! She was so helpful & helped me get my dress just perfect. We paraded all over the place to get the best shots. I am no model by any means, so her instruction as to where to put my hands (without her instruction, I'd be like Ricky Bobby: "I don't know what to do with my hands!"), or which direction to turn my face to hit the light properly, were extremely helpful. She added flair & fun by having me spin in my dress to get GORGEOUS moving photos. I absolutely loved it because we got some silly pictures in the mix of it all. I always see super serious bridal shots typically, but with Susan, I was so happy to see that she wanted to add some sass in the mix. The wedding is in 9 days & I have zero doubt that it's going to be the most gorgeous photos ever. Overall, you should 150% hire her as your photographer! She works AMAZINGLY within your budget. I cannot believe all we got for such a great price! She will ensure that you have a great time & will take the highest quality photos. She's relatable & makes you feel like you've known each other your whole life. She's definitely not a point and shoot, no rapport kind of photographer. She unique & personal, & I am completely satisfied with our decision to book with her! So book with her! :)

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Taylor S

Susan was a lifesave on my wedding day! I am a people pleasure and wouldn't speak up if I felt rushed through my wedding by the coordinator, but Susan stepped up and told the crew at Ashton Gardens, "You can wait, these pictures last a lifetime. Once we're done here the bride... Read More and groom will join their guests." My husband and I hadn't taken our pictures together after the ceremony because we were running about 20 min behind schedule. The wedding coordinator at my venue was saying time was up for pictures and we had to go to the reception hall. Susan stepped in and advocated for me, and because of her we were able to take the most important pictures of the night! Susan also bustled my dress for me, made sure I didn't forget to put the necklace on my groom got me for the reception, and she made me feel at ease through the whole night! Her work is amazing, and she makes you feel comfortable in any type of shoot you do with her. I will say, she has a very strong personality that many brides may not "click" with, but she had the type of personality I needed in a photographer. She KNOWS what she is doing and has lots of experience. She definitely has a gift! When you have your consultation with her, you will be wowed! She cracks me up as well...many times when I'd call her to check on something or ask a question she'd be driving in traffic or cleaning up dog messes and say, "oh cheese and crackers!" (she has TONS of dogs...for you dog lovers out there). Through her breaking her arm, being hospitalized, taking dogs to the vet constantly, and dealing with difficult clients, Susan pushed through and didn't slow down. I freaked out when I heard she had broken her arm right before my bridal session, but somehow she was able to still do it and she told me, "I won't let any bride down." The issues I had with not getting my wedding photos as quick as she told me I would were due to issues out of her hands, so anytime I was frustrated, it was due to things that Susan could not physically fix or expedite. I would definitely recommend booking a meet-and-greet consultation with Susan. She is flexible with any budget, creative, and has a big personality. Thanks Susan for everything!!!

2015-10-21T19:44:38 Response from the vendor

Taylor S, I have a bunch of Taylors this year LOL...so I need to acknowledge by adding an initial after your name. Thank you so much for the kind words you have provided for me and the trust you have in me to deliver you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Tara M

Susan takes amazing pictures and is so fun to work with!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Grace D

Susan has been not only an amazing friend but photographer from our engagement all the way to our big day. We had our wedding in colorado and Susan traveled all the way there for us. The weather on my bridal shoot day was not the best but she stayed positive and kept my energy... Read More up even though I was down about the cloudy conditions. Her shots were creative and just what I was looking for. I am not a model by any means but she instructed me how to pose to get the best shot. On our wedding day Susan was just as excited as I was about the wedding. She took some really cute and memorable photos with my girls and I. She got our girl pictures at the venue done quickly so we had time to go back up and put any finishing touches on before the ceremony started. Susan was able to get my husband and his rowdy college friends together to take some amazing and fun shots for them before the wedding. At the ceremony Susan was discreet and did not distract from our ceremony at all. After the ceremony was over she got our family photos and wedding party shoots done very quickly so we had time to focus on just Calvin and I. She asked my opinion before hand so we had shots we wanted already picked out so there was no stress or rush after we said our vows. Overall I have to say that Susan has an amazing artistic ability and she is polite and professional to work with. I would not hesitate to get her to take more photos for us throughout our lives together. If you want amazing, timeless photos get Susan as your photographer!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Hanna O

I got married on October 18, 2014. I received my album from Susan June 21, 2017. She did my bridal pictures as well, that were edited and posted in a timely manner. She even got some printed and framed and brought them to the wedding. The day of our wedding she brought an... Read More assistant, at no charge to us and together they took close to 3,000 photos. For the most part I was pleased with the pictures she took, but the only pictures I have with my mom are her zipping up my dress and us hugging as her and my dad gave me away during the ceremony. Up until this point I was happy with Susan’s services. It went downhill from there. It took longer than promised to get the pictures uploaded from the wedding. None were edited. I contacted her about the quality of the photos, as I was under the impression we would be getting some edited. She was understanding about the matter and said she sends us all the pictures then we pick the ones we want for “artistic editing” and she does roughly 30. She uses those 30 plus some to fill the album. So over the next few weeks we picked out those images. After that, it became incredibly hard to get a hold of Susan. At times I would get no response for weeks and months at a time. When I finally got a hold of her she would inform me of something tragic that happened to her or her family and that she wasn’t working due to that. This happened SEVERAL times. I’m in no way implying that she had a tough few years, however getting no response for months at a time is very frustrating. I was promised that my album was shipped multiple times and yet it still took almost 3 years. I was extremely nice and understanding. During that time I asked her to at least post the pictures she edited that were going to be in the album, and I didn’t get those till 2 weeks after we got the album. It finally took my parents seeking out a lawyer and my husband being straight forward and letting her know that if we didn’t get our album by the most recently promised date, we would be taking action. He was NOT rude about it but honest and stern. Immediately after he got off the phone with her she sent me an ugly text about how rude he was. Again, it had been almost 3 years, 100 excuses later, her being unreachable multiple times AND calling her from a different phone as she stopped responding to my calls/texts. Over the next 2 weeks while we waited for our album to ship there were other brides posting similar stories on her facebook page. I made a few comments about MY situation in response to other bride’s reviews. Susan emailed me more than once asking me not to do that and that she would appreciate everyone staying out of everyone else’s business. Finally, as promised we got our album this June. She included 2 extra albums and 5 large portraits for us as well. They are all beautiful. Her work is wonderful; however our experience with her was not. I have had several brides contact me with similar stories. I would encourage anyone looking to work with her to check out her BBB reviews. Great photography, terrible business/professionalism.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Hanna O

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Edie M

We can't say enough how pretty our pictures have been!! Susan took over 400 for engagement, 600 for bridals and on her camera at the wedding over 2000. She has given us a sneak peek of the wedding and we can't wait to see them! She has been a pleasure to work with and we would... Read More recommend her to our friends.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Heather B

This has really been on my heart to write what I have experienced with Susan thus far. I know we have not made it to the wedding yet, but I just have to share. We hired Susan after our consultation with her, not just because of her talent and her willingness to work with us to... Read More get what we need, but because of her heart. My dad passed away the month before I got engaged and have sense experienced the loss of two more people and of my pet. We sat with Susan at our consultation and talked business, but soon the conversation turned person and as she sat across the table listening to what I was sharing, her eyes filled with tears. I have never known someone who could not just understand someone else's grief but could feel deeply for them. Through this whole process, Susan has been attentive and so kind and helpful. Planning a wedding when your dad has recently passed away is a very daunting and painful thing to do. Susan has not only been flexible with rearranging session appointments, but she has been a constant source of encouragement to get me to my wedding day and to have a wedding celebration that my daddy would want me to have. I am so thankful that she is who we chose to go with, because there are so many moments that my life has been blessed just by knowing her.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Erin F

My fiance and I have really enjoyed getting to know Susan and we have come to truly appreciate her creative ability. We recently completed our engagements with her and have loved the results! Trying to pick a handful of images for our guest book is difficult... which is a good... Read More thing as we have liked all 700 photographs! Although beautiful, the pictures were about one week behind schedule, which is understandable as we are in the peak of wedding season. Susan does a wonderful job communicating with her brides within one or two days of a text and I look forward to future photography sessions.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Joanna S

Susan was AMAZING! She made sure we got the shots I wanted and listened to everything I had to say about what I was dreaming of for my shoot.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Neely C

Susan is the best! We had so much fun with her for our engagement pictures! I can't wait to have my bridal pictures with her and the wedding! She is so sweet and comforting I love it!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Samantha C

Susan is amazing at what she does! She has an eye for creativity and what you think may look awkward, actually turns out amazing! My fiancé was not sure about a few poses, but once we got a sneak peek at them on her camera, we saw how amazing they turned out! That's one of the... Read More perks to hiring Susan as your photographer; she will show you your pictures as you go along throughout your photo shoot, so you can make sure you're getting all the pictures you're wanting. On top of being a great photographer, Susan has a contagious and joyful spirit. You can tell she loves what she does and truly cares about those she is workig with. She even stepped up for us when a woman accused my dog of using the bathroom and us not cleaning it up, when that was not the case at all! She is not afraid to speak up for you, which is great when you're shy and timid like myself! If you want a photographer who not only does amazing work, but also cares about the people she is taking pictures of, Susan is your best fit! I am so sad she will not be able to do our wedding photos since she already had a wedding the same day, but I know our engagement photos are going to turn out amazing!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Megan L

First impressions, Susan appears very sincere and kind. Taking out of the equation her lack of punctuality, you leave the initial meet and greet with no reason to doubt her professionalism. The nightmare begins once you ask to see the finished product, i.e. edited photos and/ or... Read More albums. Overall, collaborating with Susan was extremely laborious. She was late to our initial meeting, engagement shoot, and my boudoir shoot. When the wedding concluded, Susan displayed behaviors and a lack of follow through as if her contracted services were finished. Contacting Susan by phone call becomes nonexistent and text messages are often returned with multi-day delayed responses. Only exception is when she responds with abrupt and bad-mannered messages filled with anger. My initial wedding photos were promised within 6 - 10 wks, but were delivered after 3 mos. My wedding album was promised within 10 wks from selecting the desired images. The wedding album should have been completed by the end of 2016 at the very latest, however it has yet to be delivered or even processed. Today officially marks 1 yr since my wedding. I've contacted Susan's vendor, MpixPRO, they stated orders take 24-48 hours to print and are overnighted. Susan knows no level of any accountability, she fills every empty promise regarding my wedding album with excuses and delays refusing to accept any fault. One excuse was simply not having enough funds even after I paid in advance. I'm just a bride that wants her album.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Shelli F

If I could put more stars on this review, I would! Susan was by far our most favorite vendor! She was beyond talented, artistic, passionate, professional, responsive, super fun, and most importantly, she made us SHINE through her camera. I had a very specific photography style... Read More that I was looking for and Susan had it. I was 100% satisfied and would HIGHLY recommend her! Susan has gained us as lifelong clients and we'll be using her for our future life milestones. We loved her and her spirit so very much! Thank you Susan for an AWESOME photography experience with you and your team.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Casey S

Just had my first shoot with Susan and I couldn't be more impressed! Not only did she come to the shoot the day after having surgery with a big smile, but she made me and my fiancé (who are awkward at being photographed) have a blast AND the pictures turned out AMAZING! Then she... Read More sent me a sneak peak when we left because she was just as excited for us as we were for ourselves! I can't wait for my next shoot and our wedding because if the engagement shoot went that well I know the wedding will be even better!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Nicole G

My fiancé and I were looking for a photographer to take our pictures at my brothers' farm in Texas (we live in Arizona), and I stumbled upon Susan's site here on The Knot. Not only did I fall in love with her work, but with her spunky personality as well. Susan is an absolute... Read More gem! A rare find these days. She truly cares about her clients, and has become more of a friend than a photographer that we hired. We had a BLAST taking our engagement pictures with her. She was flexible with the crazy Texas weather we experienced, and the pictures were ready to view within the week that we took them. We have too many favorites, we can't decide which ones to put up! Susan is an incredibly talented and Godly woman, with a huge heart that I'd recommend to anyone. We loved her so much, we booked her for our wedding in Arizona (even before we took our engagement pictures). We can't wait for round two, Susan! We're so thankful that God put you in our lives. Keep sharing your wonderful gift!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Courtney R

After searching through endless options for photographers and reading hundreds of reviews, I feel like I hit the jackpot with Susan! We recently had our engagement shoot with Susan, and truly enjoyed every second of it. My fiancé was less than excited about sitting and smiling... Read More for pictures for a couple of hours- but Susan made this very easy!! She made us laugh the ENTIRE time. She also made us feel extremely special. She set aside 2 hours for our photo shoot- and never rushed us. She ended up encouraging us to keep going for another hour (3 hours total of photos)! She is extremely talented and has a special eye for the photos every girl dreams of having in engagement pictures. We will be getting married this November and cannot wait to see the magic that Susan works on this special day! :)

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Issis S

Be very cautious and think before booking. Susan Gilbert currently has my pictures hostage. She has yet to complete what she was hired to do and contracted to do. She will not return my phone calls, messages, emails, or ect. in MONTHS!! It's been over a year I have been dealing... Read More with this... Its always one excuse after another. However she continues to do work before completing work she has already been paid for!! She also did not stay for my entire wedding, due to another wedding she found to be of greater priority. Instead her assistance stayed and the quality of pics were not great. Not to mention she still owes me a whole other photo session that was in our contract. I am very stress out and sad by this situation. Don't know where to go with this except to possibly a lawyer. Be very cautious, please!

2017-05-10T11:50:02 Response from the vendor

First, I am sorry you are disappointed in your service. Definitely not my intended goal. I must be very clear though, I never hold anyone's images hostage from them, quite the opposite - they are available for immediate download from the moment they go on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/05/2017

We were very pleased with Susan. As the groom I was not looking forward to having to stand still and take a bunch of pictures. But Susan made the engagements a blast. I ended up having a really good time and liking all of the pictures - we had tons of good ones to choose... Read More from. And she made the mandatory wedding ceremony pictures as painless as possible. She has her system about how to get the large group shots done as quickly as possible so my bride and I could get on and enjoy the reception. Her and her assistant were great at the reception. Every time I looked they were taking pictures of details, guests and the dance floor. I can't wait to see the wedding photos as I know there will be so many to choose from! Susan is also very affordable which my wife and I really appreciated as we were trying to stick to a reasonable budget. She made us feel special as a couple and we enjoyed her very much!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Anna B

Susan blew me away with her ability to capture the most fun moments! She has an eye for finding the most unique spots that photograph so beautifully. She coached us into poses that felt like us and that look FANTASTIC on camera AND she was able to keep my fiance intrigued and... Read More having fun during the entire shoot. She really has an amazing eye for capturing the emotions we felt as well as the scenery. All of her ideas looked great on camera and the shoot was a blast. She kept us laughing and energized the entire morning. Susan is able to capture the sweet, classic pictures, as well as unique personal photos that I could never dream of on my own! She has been easy to communicate with as well which I love. I have only seen a few clips of finalized photos and I am already obsessed with the art she has created for me and my fiance to hold onto forever. I am beyond excited to see all of the finalized photos and see what she is able to do with our wedding photos. Thank you, Susan. We love you!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Spencer M

When looking for a photographer for our big day I made sure to read every review on every website and when I found Susan, it was like hitting the jackpot. Me and my fiance are getting married this November and we recently had our engagement session with Susan, it was a BLAST.... Read More Not only is Susan an amazing photographer but she is also a great person with such a huge heart. She captured who me and my fiance are as a couple and as individuals which is very important to us. I could not be happier with our choice of photographer and I am so excited to have her as a guest at my wedding. She started off as our photographer but quickly became one of our friends. Susan is very professional, fun, energetic, loving and creative. We honestly could not have picked a better photographer!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Isaly R

I do not recommend this photographer at all. She showed up late not only to our engagement photos, but she also showed up an hour and half late for the wedding. We had to pay in full up front and it has been a year and a half since my wedding and I have had a baby since... Read More then. I still have not received my USB proofs or wedding album. She has had one excuse after another why she has been unable to get me my pictures. I have constantly called, emailed and texted her and still nothing. The last time we spoke, she was going to have my pictures hand delivered by yesterday and that has not happened nor has she contacted me about why she did not have them sent. She has been completely unprofessional and if I could take it back, I would have definitely gone with a different photographer. My next step will be a letter from my lawyer, which it should not have gotten this far, but a year and a half after receiving her money in full is too long to wait.

2017-05-10T14:23:45 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry you do not recommend me as a photographer. We actually had the best time at your engagements with your paint fight and I have so many smiles and laughs from that. As far as paying in full, that is an OPTION... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Makalee K

Susan is such a blessing! She is an amazing person and even better photographer!! She was the first photographer I talked with and I was sold, she is that special and stands out! She makes you feel so comfortable taking pictures, and you are constantly laughing. She has the best... Read More personality! She always wants to make her photos unique and original! She is so creative! She is such a hard worker, and work around the clock…literally!! I could keep going on about how awesome she is! Can't wait to use her for all the big events in my life besides our wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Katelyn K

Susan is a great photographer. She is very fun and spontaneous during the shots. She also works very hard to get all of pictures you wanted (or didn't know you wanted).

Susan Gilbert

HI, I am the kind of person who loves life and lives every moment for THE moment and loves to capture life as it happens. I love to be around happy people and who truly have a zest for life, who are spontaneous and who aren't afraid to step out of the box and have fun with their pictures. Life is full of serious times, and I truly believe there is a time and a place for that, but there is also a time to live as well. I strive to make each day count and I bring that to my daily life with my family and my clients. My family is important to me as is my faith, but my clients become my family :)