Susan Gilbert Photography

ALL TEXAS AND USA, NO INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AT THIS TIME.

Once in a lifetime becomes a lifetime of Memories

Photography is my passion. Preserving memories as they happen is important to me. I love making your day special and don't believe a time limit should be put on something that is a once in a lifetime event. I will be with you from beginning to end so have FUN, LOVE, LAUGH and be married and let me take care of all the WONDERFUL memories for you. <3

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

ALL TEXAS AND USA, NO INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AT THIS TIME. (214) 223-2473

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Emily B

I have been VERY pleased with Susan throughout my wedding process. She has taken my engagements and bridals so far and what a fun experience both were! Susan has fabulous ideas of what makes a photo great, she loves props, and she loves animals - what a fun combination for... Read More wedding pictures! For my engagements - she spent several hours with me and my fiancé while we changed outfits and picture positions and we received over 450 photos to choose from! Same story for my bridals - she spent more than two hours with me while we made sure we got every shot and angle that we wanted before we were done with the shoot. What I like about Susan is when she is taking your pictures she is purely focused on you and your experience. And the results are incredible - she is very focused on details and lighting - and she knows exactly how to get them in the shot. Something I thought wouldn't look good in a photo ended up being one of the best shots of the day. Another thing about Susan is her customer service. When she heard that I was having issues with the venue coordinator at my venue she called the owner of the venue directly and explained that I was having a difficult time with one of the employees. The venue director reached out to me and agreed to meet personally with me so that all of my needs were taken care of. I was so thankful she took time out of her day to do that when she didn't have to. Finally - Susan is extremely reasonable priced which was the first thing I liked about her. I was very pleased with her package options (she has several). I felt like I had a lot to choose from and the fact that I got engagements, bridals, and wedding in one reasonably priced package was not something I saw with other photographers. I am getting married in a little over a month and can't wait to see how she photographs my wedding! Thanks Susan for all that you do to make a bride feel special!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Caitlyn M

Susan Gilbert! Where to begin? She is absolutely phenomenal! After hours of searching for the perfect photographer, I came across her page. I was drawn to her based on a review that she stands up for the non-confrontational bride (aka me). This was proven when we had our first... Read More meeting at Starbucks & they took forever (over 45 minutes) for our drinks. She marched over to the barista & said "you see that couple? They're getting married & the last thing they need to stress about is their SB drinks!" She was booked haha. We had a blast at the meeting & ended up talking for about 3 hours! When we had our engagement shoots, she was absolutely amazing. My FH & I were basically clueless as far as posing/photo ops, but she put us to ease instantly. She made sure to let us know the best poses & angles that would be flattering. She made us work for pictures (in a good way)! We were climbing over all sorts of ledges & whatnot, in my tall wedge heels mind you! , but she guaranteed an epic shot... & it was every time. Even before edits, the photos were perfect! One thing that made me fall in love even more was the fact that I had succumbed to a "burn" from an ice pack on my leg, which has a birthmark all on it, so it was bright red! Of course this happened the day before our engagement session. I told her I was self conscious about it & she made sure to use various natural lighting, angles, & posing to ensure it wasn't seen. She definitely is a pro in knowing how to attain the best photos. Another huge plus was that we had so much fun. Susan is a hoot & had us cracking up for the majority of the shoot. It's a guaranteed good time when you're shooting with her. For my bridal shoots, it was just me & Susan. No higher word count on this website can help me enough to describe how much fun I had on that shoot! First of all, she was the one who suggested the use of our wedding venue, as it would save me money & be at no cost. So she's budget friendly! She was so helpful & helped me get my dress just perfect. We paraded all over the place to get the best shots. I am no model by any means, so her instruction as to where to put my hands (without her instruction, I'd be like Ricky Bobby: "I don't know what to do with my hands!"), or which direction to turn my face to hit the light properly, were extremely helpful. She added flair & fun by having me spin in my dress to get GORGEOUS moving photos. I absolutely loved it because we got some silly pictures in the mix of it all. I always see super serious bridal shots typically, but with Susan, I was so happy to see that she wanted to add some sass in the mix. The wedding is in 9 days & I have zero doubt that it's going to be the most gorgeous photos ever. Overall, you should 150% hire her as your photographer! She works AMAZINGLY within your budget. I cannot believe all we got for such a great price! She will ensure that you have a great time & will take the highest quality photos. She's relatable & makes you feel like you've known each other your whole life. She's definitely not a point and shoot, no rapport kind of photographer. She unique & personal, & I am completely satisfied with our decision to book with her! So book with her! :)

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Taylor S

Susan was a lifesave on my wedding day! I am a people pleasure and wouldn't speak up if I felt rushed through my wedding by the coordinator, but Susan stepped up and told the crew at Ashton Gardens, "You can wait, these pictures last a lifetime. Once we're done here the bride... Read More and groom will join their guests." My husband and I hadn't taken our pictures together after the ceremony because we were running about 20 min behind schedule. The wedding coordinator at my venue was saying time was up for pictures and we had to go to the reception hall. Susan stepped in and advocated for me, and because of her we were able to take the most important pictures of the night! Susan also bustled my dress for me, made sure I didn't forget to put the necklace on my groom got me for the reception, and she made me feel at ease through the whole night! Her work is amazing, and she makes you feel comfortable in any type of shoot you do with her. I will say, she has a very strong personality that many brides may not "click" with, but she had the type of personality I needed in a photographer. She KNOWS what she is doing and has lots of experience. She definitely has a gift! When you have your consultation with her, you will be wowed! She cracks me up as well...many times when I'd call her to check on something or ask a question she'd be driving in traffic or cleaning up dog messes and say, "oh cheese and crackers!" (she has TONS of dogs...for you dog lovers out there). Through her breaking her arm, being hospitalized, taking dogs to the vet constantly, and dealing with difficult clients, Susan pushed through and didn't slow down. I freaked out when I heard she had broken her arm right before my bridal session, but somehow she was able to still do it and she told me, "I won't let any bride down." The issues I had with not getting my wedding photos as quick as she told me I would were due to issues out of her hands, so anytime I was frustrated, it was due to things that Susan could not physically fix or expedite. I would definitely recommend booking a meet-and-greet consultation with Susan. She is flexible with any budget, creative, and has a big personality. Thanks Susan for everything!!!

2015-10-21T19:44:38 Response from the vendor

Taylor S, I have a bunch of Taylors this year LOL...so I need to acknowledge by adding an initial after your name. Thank you so much for the kind words you have provided for me and the trust you have in me to deliver you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Vickie B

AMAZING!! What else can I say? Susan was a delight to work with, she was so much fun. There is no doubt that she connected with my daughter and through that connection she was able to capture the most incredible pictures. There had been some significant events in the lives... Read More of our family and Susan took the time to get to know us and our special circumstances. I firmly believe that her personal attention was the greatest gift she gave my daughter and our family. Engagements, bridal portraits, the wedding and reception are all phenomenal. There are not enough words to convey how pleased I am with the artistic work Susan did for us. I am sure I will spend hours revisiting the memory of this special time in our lives as I look back at these photographs. What a treasure she gave us. I recommend her highly for your special day!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Vickie B

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Nacole H

Stay Far, Far away!!!! Don’t waste your money and don’t fall into the SCAM of paying up front get the next upgraded package as you won’t see any of your items for years time. I was the Bride and my husband and I decided to pay upfront because we liked the idea of getting extra... Read More things, not knowing we wouldn’t receive them until a year + after our wedding. Not to mention we had our One year Wedding Anniversary and still had not received all of our items, When soon to find out I was not the only person who was going through this experience. Does she take good photos (sure) but that’s all you can expect. Don’t expect her to ever be on time and I mean ever. Late to our engagements, my Bridals and most importantly was over TWO hours late to my wedding. To the point she is snapping photos and guests are walking up, not to mention didn’t get any of the actual photos requested that would be taken before, such as I purchased all the robes for bridal party none of those. Also the engagement portrait that should have been out front she forgot to bring it. The list seriously goes on and on, not a single side by side photo taken of my husband and his mother that they actually posed For. Then when it comes to getting your photos for the albums, she had her partner there with her taking photos as well and hers were up a little over 3 months, not the 8-10weeks that is stated in the contract. then when it came to getting the rest of the photos up she claimed she couldn’t reach her partner which later got those images took about 4 months. So to give an idea Wedding was in September 2016. The photos weren’t All up online until January 16-17th 2017.Which after she had those up I immediately went and picked all the images I wanted for the album, which I submitted end of January because she said it takes a few months. However I did not receive my album until End of September, which at that point she stated she would be sending my USB of all our albums and rights to our photos. We did not receive the USB until January 2 2018. After months went by of her lack of responses. Would sent texts, called and left voicemails and would not return any of my responses until months later. I have the screen shots to show all of this information. Now did she print some photos for us sure and give us a Small canvas don’t get confused that it’s a big one because it’s not. That was a nice gesture but did not make up for any of the stress we had to go through. Did I mention the way she spoke to my Mother and my Mother in Law and guests at the wedding?? Or my Maid of honor never have a met someone who speaks to clients this way.

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Hannah E

What can I say about Susan... not enough! Susan did my engagements, bridals, and wedding and I would work with her again for every event in my life is possible. I told her my vision and she knew exactly what I was thinking, sometimes without me having to go into detail! For... Read More bridals we did a fairytale theme and they were even better than what I had dreamed for them to be! Susan is so personable and kind but isn’t afraid to speak up when your wedding party is rowdy, which they too appreciated. Susan stayed with me for as long as I wanted with each session and made them fun. I fully recommend her to anyone. Thanks Susan Hannah and Jason Buchan

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Gayle H

I don't even know where to begin. First of all, she was over 2 hours late for the wedding with no phone or text which meant lots of missed photo opportunities. So when she did arrive everything was rushed. She was very rude to some of the bridal party. She was supposed to... Read More bring the bridal portrait but "forgot" to bring it. She was "sick" the whole shoot and even going in detail about it which was not very professional. The wedding took place in 2016 and my DIL just received the photo album about 4 months ago and just received the thumb drive of photos 1 week ago. Every time my DIL would text her, she would give excuse after excuse why she hadn't finished the photos. and some of her responses were very rude and unprofessional. The wedding photos were good (although it took her months to send to her) however, I know there are plenty of wedding photographers that also do good work and are more professional, honest and make the wedding date unforgettable. Unfortunately for us, our experience was not a very happy one but one filled with frustration and disappointment.

2018-01-08T17:20:24 Response from the vendor

Hi Gayle, I do always appreciate client feedback, I also prefer it is actually true and accurate information, it is not. I am sorry you feel as though it was a rough experience. I am more than happy to discuss your concerns. These are hard... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Kelsie D

My husband and I got married on November 9th at Balmorhea Events in Magnolia, and it was beautiful! Susan had recently broken her arm, and she showed up with her cast and all to photograph our wedding, if that's not dedication, I don't know what is! We got a sneak peak of our... Read More pictures a couple weeks ago, and they turned out amazing! She got great angles, captured everyone very naturally, and did a beautiful job capturing sunset pictures (my husband and I really wanted these!). Susan and I have a great relationship. Occasionally she'll text me to see how my husband and I are doing or to see how our Huskies are behaving ;), she's truly a great person inside and out. Overall, Susan has gone above and beyond to make sure our pictures were everything we wanted, I can't wait to see the rest!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Lexy E

We booked Susan just a month after we got engaged. I looked at so many photographers and fell in love with her portfolio. She is amazing to work with and we established a friendship over the course of 10 months. She has a great eye and perspective and everyone at my wedding had... Read More fun with her. She didn’t just play the part of a photographer... she helped me with my bustle among other things. She even arrived early for me! I would totally recommend booking Susan for ANY of your photography needs!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Sarah A

Susan took photos at our wedding on 12/28! She arrived at the time we discussed and was on her feet shooting from our rehearsal brunch to the moment we made our exit!!! Our guests adored her, she found a way to get the perfect angle and capture the moments we felt near to our... Read More hearts!!! Throughout the night she asked how she was doing, what she could do, and if we were satisfied! She really cared about our thoughts and making our day what we had dreamed it to be! We haven’t received photos back yet (it’s been 3 days haha!!!) but from the screenshots she sent they look AMAZING!! We are so eager to see some finished products and share them with family and friends!!! I’m sure I will be following this up with another 5 star review when we get our pictures back!!! All in all we were so pleased with Susan!!! We would recommend her services to anyone needed a photographer for their event!!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Courtney R

You will not find a photographer more talented than Susan!! She did my engagement, bridal, and wedding pictures. Not only does she have an eye for perfect shots, she takes the time to edit them so perfectly. Everything has been done in a timely manner. She spent the time to put... Read More together a beautiful and interactive guestbook for us. She went above and beyond on bridal portraits- having them edited and framed and brought to the wedding. She is not only talented, but has a very positive attitude, making the whole experience so fun!!! She is just all around awesome. She understands how important these moments are to you and she does whatever it takes to make it perfect. One more thing, she acted as a second coordinator at the actual wedding!!! Making sure everybody was doing what they were supposed to be doing, even helped bustle my dress after pictures, and made sure everything was flowing on time. I️ can’t say enough about Susan. She is fantastic!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Christian M

Susan was absolutely wonderful!!! I had a last minute bridal shoot and she was able to schedule that in and help me out! On the day of my wedding, she literally was my fairy god mother! Anything that went wrong she helped out and fixed it because I didn’t have a wedding planner!... Read More The photos she took were outstanding!!!! I couldn’t have gotten through my day without her! I will definitely be using Susan in the future!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017

Terrible, stay away. Susan is a con artist. She presents sincerity on first impressions. She took payment in full for additional services. When it came time she had excuse after excuse on why she did not call back or had to cancel appointments. Who does that to a nervous... Read More bride to be?? We had to get another photographer at the last minute at additional expense. We are proceeding in small claims court. Take your chances if you want but we found Susan to be a mess, a liar and a cheat.

2017-11-22T13:30:05 Response from the vendor

I truly do NOT know who you are!! I have never missed a single wedding, I always respond, even though at times in can be delayed due to destination weddings or just not getting the messages. Your wedding date listed isn't until 2019??? I don't... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Spencer M

I am so thankful that I found Susan and was able to get her as our photographer for the wedding!! She has been so patient with me and was able to make me comfortable in all of the sessions that we have had. I have been able to spend a lot of time getting to know Susan and not... Read More only is she an AWESOME photographer she is such a loving and great person in and out. She has made this process so smooth!! Any bride who is not sure who they should hire as their photographer should definitely consider Susan Gilbert. She will become a part of your family before you know it!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 casey g

What can I say... We LOVE Susan! There are literally no words to describe how amazing she has been! After meeting with Susan I immediately knew she was the perfect fit for us! Besides the fact that her portfolio is exquisite, her fun-loving personality had me sold right away!... Read More Susan has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I have ever met! The whole process from engagements to the wedding day Susan was amazing, she had me so excited for every upcoming shoot. She also was super quick about getting me all of the images back, including going above and beyond, staying up late which started by sending a few sneak peaks and ended up getting all of my photos! She made my husband and I so comfortable, knowing we are the type of people who are awkward at getting pictures taken, she was able to capture some really incredible photos! I was absolutely honored to have her play such a large role in my wedding. Every guest who had a chance to meet her raved about her sweet, fun, exciting personality! I will use her again and I would recommend her to anyone I come across. She is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Heather M

Hiring Susan was the BEST decision we could have made. Not only is she incredibly talented and made me feel so beautiful, but she had my back on every aspect of the wedding and encouraged me throughout the whole process. She became a dear friend. During my bridal portraits,... Read More Susan noticed that pieces of lace on my dress were the wrong color. She helped us to inspect the rest of the dress, finding other pieces of the dress AND she made sure to take pictures of the discolored lace in case we had any trouble with the bridal salon. She arrived on time for my wedding and, I kid you not, surprised me with a book from the bridal portraits that she and her daughter put together for me. It was the most wonderful experience. I have given her name to several brides and I genuinely recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017

Susan has been sooo wonderful to work with since the very beginning. Her work is truly amazing and thankful I found her. You can tell from her passion she truly cares about making your day soo special for you. From all types of work she does she there to cater to your needs... Read More whatever it maybe. She helped us capture such beautiful moments I will always cherish forever... including when the Best Man pulled out a RING POP instead of our rings at the altar!! lol Thanks Susan for everything. Amber Bell

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Tia C

I contacted Susan to shoot boudoir photos less than a month away from my wedding. It was very last minute and I was concerned I wouldn't be able to find anyone. Luckily Susan's schedule had just cleared up and we were able to schedule something a week before my wedding. After... Read More our shoot, Susan was able to turnaround pictures THE NEXT DAY for me to choose from to create the book to surprise my fiance. And then the book was ready THREE DAYS before the wedding instead of the day before. She completely surpassed my expectations with delivery. Amazing customer service! I do also have to mention how amazing it was to work with her. Boudoirs can be very intimidating but she made me feel very comfortable. It's not easy trying to come off 'sexy' in pictures but Susan was able to produce that. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Rachel H

Susan was fantastic! We had engagements done as well as wedding day. Our big day was August 27th and she did a great job and had many ideas. We haven't received the pictures for the day of yet but they will be perfect. Also I love that they all go online so you can view and take... Read More any of them. She will be doing our maternity ones here soon and I can't wait!! Great choice for any occasion!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Jennifer C

Where to even begin! Besides Susan's obvious talent for amazing photography she is a wonderful person. We just finished taking our engagement pictures and we're at a loss for where to take them. She offered up a lot of options and was willing to travel to wherever we decided to... Read More take them. During our shoot she helped with direction and made the whole experience very fun and laid back and I think caught our personality perfectly!! Oh and even let us bring our fur-baby along!! After the shoot it only took about a month to receive our pictures back and we could not be more thrilled for how they turned out!! I cannot wait for our wedding day and to be able to look back at all the amazing memories for years to come!! We love you Susan!! Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Phoebe O

Susan definitely has a very artistic eye! I was super happy with the photos I was seeing as she'd show me throughout the shoot they were coming out gorgeously! I had my maternity photos taken with her a few days ago (which I thought I wasn't going to be able to get done bc of my... Read More time line with delivering thinking I had more time than I actually do, lol) She definitely made me feel super comfortable. She coached me through the entire shoot with what poses to do, what to do with my hands etc. My boyfriend and I definitely enjoyed shooting with her. Looking forward to booking new born shoot with her when our little girl arrives!! Would totally recommend her to friends and family she's amazing! Can't wait to see my album and final photos

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Tara M

Susan takes amazing pictures and is so fun to work with!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Grace J

Susan has been not only an amazing friend but photographer from our engagement all the way to our big day. We had our wedding in colorado and Susan traveled all the way there for us. The weather on my bridal shoot day was not the best but she stayed positive and kept my energy... Read More up even though I was down about the cloudy conditions. Her shots were creative and just what I was looking for. I am not a model by any means but she instructed me how to pose to get the best shot. On our wedding day Susan was just as excited as I was about the wedding. She took some really cute and memorable photos with my girls and I. She got our girl pictures at the venue done quickly so we had time to go back up and put any finishing touches on before the ceremony started. Susan was able to get my husband and his rowdy college friends together to take some amazing and fun shots for them before the wedding. At the ceremony Susan was discreet and did not distract from our ceremony at all. After the ceremony was over she got our family photos and wedding party shoots done very quickly so we had time to focus on just Calvin and I. She asked my opinion before hand so we had shots we wanted already picked out so there was no stress or rush after we said our vows. Overall I have to say that Susan has an amazing artistic ability and she is polite and professional to work with. I would not hesitate to get her to take more photos for us throughout our lives together. If you want amazing, timeless photos get Susan as your photographer!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Hanna O

I got married on October 18, 2014. I received my album from Susan June 21, 2017. She did my bridal pictures as well, that were edited and posted in a timely manner. She even got some printed and framed and brought them to the wedding. The day of our wedding she brought an... Read More assistant, at no charge to us and together they took close to 3,000 photos. For the most part I was pleased with the pictures she took, but the only pictures I have with my mom are her zipping up my dress and us hugging as her and my dad gave me away during the ceremony. Up until this point I was happy with Susan’s services. It went downhill from there. It took longer than promised to get the pictures uploaded from the wedding. None were edited. I contacted her about the quality of the photos, as I was under the impression we would be getting some edited. She was understanding about the matter and said she sends us all the pictures then we pick the ones we want for “artistic editing” and she does roughly 30. She uses those 30 plus some to fill the album. So over the next few weeks we picked out those images. After that, it became incredibly hard to get a hold of Susan. At times I would get no response for weeks and months at a time. When I finally got a hold of her she would inform me of something tragic that happened to her or her family and that she wasn’t working due to that. This happened SEVERAL times. I’m in no way implying that she had a tough few years, however getting no response for months at a time is very frustrating. I was promised that my album was shipped multiple times and yet it still took almost 3 years. I was extremely nice and understanding. During that time I asked her to at least post the pictures she edited that were going to be in the album, and I didn’t get those till 2 weeks after we got the album. It finally took my parents seeking out a lawyer and my husband being straight forward and letting her know that if we didn’t get our album by the most recently promised date, we would be taking action. He was NOT rude about it but honest and stern. Immediately after he got off the phone with her she sent me an ugly text about how rude he was. Again, it had been almost 3 years, 100 excuses later, her being unreachable multiple times AND calling her from a different phone as she stopped responding to my calls/texts. Over the next 2 weeks while we waited for our album to ship there were other brides posting similar stories on her facebook page. I made a few comments about MY situation in response to other bride’s reviews. Susan emailed me more than once asking me not to do that and that she would appreciate everyone staying out of everyone else’s business. Finally, as promised we got our album this June. She included 2 extra albums and 5 large portraits for us as well. They are all beautiful. Her work is wonderful; however our experience with her was not. I have had several brides contact me with similar stories. I would encourage anyone looking to work with her to check out her BBB reviews. Great photography, terrible business/professionalism.

Susan Gilbert

HI, I am the kind of person who loves life and lives every moment for THE moment and loves to capture life as it happens. I love to be around happy people and who truly have a zest for life, who are spontaneous and who aren't afraid to step out of the box and have fun with their pictures. Life is full of serious times, and I truly believe there is a time and a place for that, but there is also a time to live as well. I strive to make each day count and I bring that to my daily life with my family and my clients. My family is important to me as is my faith, but my clients become my family :)