Timeless, emotional, joyful.

Timeless images, a bright, candid style, and a natural light approach are what sets Susan Hennessey Photography apart from others. I specialize in weddings, engagements, families, and maternity photography, and I understand that the magic is in the details.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

55 Red Leaf Road, Moorestown, NJ New Jersey, PA, DE, NY & Beyond! (917) 855-5402
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

I wish I could give Susan 10 stars for her expertise in wedding photography - we are SO THRILLED we booked with her for both our engagement shoot and our wedding photos. Throughout the entire process, I felt like I was talking to a close friend, someone who I could trust and... Read More talk to about anything regarding photos and the big day. We did our engagement shoot in Central Park where Susan used the sunset lighting and colorful fall leaves as the perfect backdrop and setting for our pictures. They came out GORGEOUS and we have received compliments right and left on them. For the wedding day, I requested that the second shooter speak a little Spanish as my husband's family was from Guatemala and many do not speak or understand English. When the second shooter she booked dropped a few weeks before our date, she searched high and low and did not stop until she found someone else who spoke Spanish to fill the spot as she knew how important that was to us. It was such a relief and Alex (the Spanish speaking second shooter) was so incredibly helpful. Susan really knows what she is doing, is 100% professional and also is completely down to earth and FUN. She is great at advising the people in the photo to do what will look good and really knows how to engage those who are maybe a little camera shy. She is excellent at working with the weather and lighting and also the vibe of the group to get the best shots. Susan was by far my favorite vendor out of anyone we worked with for the wedding because everything exceeded my expectations and ran smoothly because of her hard work and dedication. Our photos are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, and I couldn't have asked for a better service. I could go on for hours about how thrilled we were with her work but will stop here so you can go and BOOK HER NOW!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Gwyneth C

I researched and spoke with 11 different photographers. My fiancé and I had decided against a videographer, and so we wanted to be sure our photographer captured every single moment, bringing life back to our special day. Susan Hennessey was one of our best decisions. We met... Read More during our engagement shoot, which felt like a romantic date, sharing our story and capturing the start of our wedding planning journey. Our pictures came back stunning for our Save the Dates. Friends and family complimented the pictures for their authenticity, color, candor and clarity. Now for those brides considering a boudoir for your husband's wedding gift, again, Susan is your best choice. It's a little nerve racking giving your best sultry smile and getting down to the bare minimum, but Susan put me at ease and delivered a beautiful product at a very reasonable price that my husband and I will forever cherish. The wedding day was magical! Susan and her assistant Matthew were very professional. Not in the least obtrusive, but taking extra care that every special photo requested was taken, and capturing every moment of the day. I look over my photos, and I think to myself, "how did they get that shot?" because it's as if they operated behind the scenes. As the bride, there is a great deal you miss of your own wedding, but Susan was able to show me more of the day than I am able to recall, including shots of our guests finding their seats, the shot of my dad reaching for my mom's hand during our first dance as a married couple, as well as shots of the food that I never got to see. Finally, the quality and creativity of her work is so superior, I can almost hear my laugh and see my veil flapping in the wind through the picture! Susan is fun and genuine, which is a characteristic you want from a photographer. Someone that takes pride in their work, but also celebrates the day with you. At the end of it all, Susan becomes your friend, and she is someone we will keep in touch with and use in the future to snap pictures of our growing family.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Yin L

Susan Hennessey has our enthusiastic and whole-hearted recommendation. First, Susan is a phenomenal photographer. Her photos are suffused with genuine emotions. Whether it be surprise, tenderness, love, or joy, Susan is there to capture the moment. We love the playfulness of her... Read More composition, the artistry of her editing. You won't get stilted, awkward portrait shots with Susan. Every photo transports us back to our wedding day. Second, Susan was a joy to work with. From the meet-and-greet, to the engagement shoot, to the day of the wedding itself, Susan put us at ease and was always responsive, enthusiastic, and dependable. We cannot stress how important this is! We worked with many vendors for our wedding, and Susan's dedication was clearly a notch above the crowd. Even though Susan herself was getting married in the month leading up to ours, we never waited more than a few hours to get an email reply. She got us our Sneak Peak and entire wedding collection well ahead of schedule. On the day of the wedding, Susan was the consummate professional. She arrived at the groom's hotel ahead of schedule, and kept the day running smoothly from then on. Neither rain nor unexpected schedule changes fazed Susan. She got every shot that we asked for (and more), but was not intrusive in doing so; many guests even remarked that they never noticed Susan. It is no exaggeration to say that Susan is our favorite wedding vendor! We are so glad that we found her at a crowded Wedding Expo. And you will be glad too!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Angela M

Susan was so great through the whole process!! She was there whenever we had any questions and was willing to travel. We are so happy with our engagement and wedding photos! She did a beautiful job, and I would sincerely recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Brenda R

Susan has a great energy about her and is ever the professional. It poured on our wedding day and our venue had to change things around...my Mom also broke the zipper on my dress which caused a 30min delay for repairs for the first look. Susan kept her head and kept us on track... Read More and the pics are just beautiful. Can't say enough great things about her and her assistant!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Andrew B

I cannot say enough good things about Susan. My husband is very camera shy and she kept him laughing and comfortable the entire time. We both have large families and Susan made sure well before the wedding that we had a concrete plan in place to make sure we got every shot that... Read More we wanted. I've had other friends and family members tell me how their photographers annoyed them the entire wedding reception, we still talk about how we didn't even notice Susan was there. That's what makes a great photographer, we not only enjoyed ourselves but she got real photos that show expression in everyones faces which I adore. If you're looking for a fun, creative and sweet photographer to make your day that much more special I would definitely recommend Susan. We love our photos so much and cannot wait to look through them over and over through our lives together. Thanks Susan!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Stefanie W

Susan couldn't have been more perfect for my wedding! Her personality is so fun and upbeat which made it very easy to relax in front of the camera. She captured all of the best moments of our day! Our pictures came out beautiful and I couldn't be more happy with them! I can't... Read More wait to book her for our anniversary pictures this summer! I highly recommend Susan!!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Ricardo D

We absolutely adored having Susan as our wedding photographer back in September 2016. Susan not only is incredibly responsive and creative, but also will end up coordinating your whole day by making sure every shot in your list is accomplished. We had lots of ideas for the... Read More shots, and Susan suggested some more as well as some changes that made complete sense. She is extremely responsible *and* a sweetheart, you will feel as having a friend taking your pictures (and we met the 'day of' as I live out of town). We then were thrilled when we got the link with all the wedding pictures; Susan has that desired ability of capturing emotions in the most beautiful way. You certainly won't regret hiring Susan for capturing all those memories you want to keep from your big day.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Erica F

Book right now! I couldn't of had my perfect wedding without her! She organized everything! I am a worry wart and she set me at ease. Everything was done before I even had to ask. In addition to being the BEST photographer I have ever seen, she keeps the day rolling smoothly and... Read More relaxed so you can enjoy taking pictures. She is a Goddess. I cannot thank her enough for everything. Hands down the best vendor that I picked. Could not be happier with EVERYTHING!!! Quality of shots are out of this world and we are not photogenic people!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

I would recommend Susan 100% as a photographer. She exceeded every expectation my husband and I had for a wedding photographer. Her work is exceptional, and she is a wonderful and talented person. She went above and beyond in every way, even helping me to put on my Dad's... Read More boutonniere!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Christine C

Susan was one of the first people we booked for our wedding. From the start, she was very personable and responsive to all emails. She truly did her best to make the wedding process a little less stressful for us. Prior to the wedding, Susan made sure that the day was completely... Read More planned out for us and checked/re-checked the list of pictures we needed, and the ones we wanted. Susan made sure it ALL happened and was very flexible when we would add in an idea for a shot here and there, and was willing to add an extra hour on to her time the week before the wedding for us. My husband and I are not good with the "kissing pictures", however, Susan surprisingly made it incredible un-awkward for us. Susan completely understood that my husband and I did not want to be pulled out of the reception for pictures. We got them all completed prior to the cocktail hour so we could enjoy our night. We just received a sneak peek of our wedding pictures from almost 2 weeks ago and they are absolutely stunning. We cannot wait to see the other moments she captured from the best night ever!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Lizzy K

We LOVED Susan Hennessey Photography for our wedding! Susan is the real deal... She is organized, dependable, and takes quality pictures without making you feel like someone is on top of you all day. And she makes it all look effortless! You are getting so much for your... Read More money with Susan... she responds to emails quickly, is professional, and was probably our favorite vendor. I kept getting compliments from my bridesmaids as well saying how much they enjoyed her! I would recommend Susan to anyone who wants to make sure the beautiful moments on their big day get captured in a special way. We are beyond thrilled with our photos and love reliving our memories through them.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Anthony C

Susan is simply the BEST! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer on my wedding day! She is friendly and easy to work with. She made sure my wedding day ran super smooth and took every single photo I had requested. She was quick to jump into action and help me organize a... Read More couple of group family shots that I didn't think we had time for, but Susan made it happen like magic! She is INSANELY talented and took unique and beautiful photos throughout the entire day. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who wants a true professional taking photos of their wedding day. We love you Susan!! Love, Laina & Anthony 9.17.16

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Erin F

Susan and her assistant photographer were on time and ready to rock! The great thing is they took a ton of pictures and they all turned out great! So many to chose from. They were both very professional and able to deal with the craziness of the ceremony and reception. Reeling... Read More in the wedding party can be hard, but they did it effortlessly and effectively. My husband and I enjoyed looking at our engagement photos and wedding photos and couldnt believe how awesome they were! We got them back in such a quick time frame. Thanks Susan and team!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Ashley W

Susan is phenomenal. My (new) husband hates pictures and she was able to get him comfortable and natural. Our wedding day was only two months ago and the photos have been given to me. She sent an adorable and a lovely note. Not only was Susan fun, she was professional ,... Read More punctual, and extremely well organized throughout the entire process. I cannot recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Whitney B

My husband and I got married in March and Susan and her assistant were amazing. We were given Susan's name by our friend and it was one of the best referrals that we received. Susan is so easy to work with and so supportive that she took any stress away. We had an engagement... Read More shoot as part of our package and it was great. Susan had wonderful suggestions on where to go for fall foliage. My husband is a bit of a jokester and Susan fell right in with us. For the wedding Susan was as detail oriented as I am and she got every picture and angle that there could possibly be. She captured my husband smiling the whole day/night. You never knew she was there but she somehow got the pictures and captured the day perfectly. She even managed to get a picture of my father-in-law standing as I walked down the aisle, he is mainly in a wheelchair. Susan put these amazing personalized touches on everything and when we received the pictures words cannot express how happy we were. I can't wait to work with Susan again!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Shannon M

Amazing! We were recommended to Susan from friends who used her for their wedding, so we had her do our engagement photos and our wedding, and both came out more amazing than we could have ever imaged. She is so professional and such a pleasure to work with. She always had a... Read More big smile on her face, even while trying to organize large groups of people for quick family shots during the wedding. It just made the whole day so much easier. My husband and I are not the most comfortable people in front of the camera but Susan makes it so easy and helps you through the whole process. Her photos speak for themselves. I would definitely recommend Susan Hennessey as your photographer.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 ALYSSA M

Susan was such a pleasure to work with! She was professional, friendly, energetic, flexible and accommodating. She was also SO responsive, even getting back to me once from her own honeymoon! I never had to wait more than a few hours to hear back from Susan and we always felt... Read More like we had her full attention despite many customers she was also working with over the months we worked with her. Susan was a really fun person to work with, and made our engagement shoot and bridal portraits very carefree and comfortable. She would get so excited when she got good shots and it made the whole experience more fun to see her so engaged and happy with what she was shooting. We got an enormous amount of photos back from our wedding and there were so many good ones that it was hard to narrow down! Overall, I'd highly recommend Susan because she made planning easy and enjoyable. She got our photos to us quickly and sent sneak peaks so fast! We are so thrilled to have such beautiful documentation of our special day and this time of our lives. Thank you, Susan!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Ashley W

We are so happy we chose Susan to be our photographer! From our first meeting we knew that she would be the perfect match for our wedding. She asked us questions about our engagement and life together to really get to know us, so by the time we did our engagement shoot nothing... Read More felt awkward or forced, and the wedding day just felt that much more natural. We genuinely had fun working with Susan and our pictures are proof! I couldn't be happier with how they turned out, and I'm excited to begin designing the album next!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Megan S

Susan Hennessey Photographer is best of the best. Susan and her 2nd photographer did an amazing job with our photos. She was very detailed and dedicated to her work. We could of not asked for a better photographer for our special day. She was very kind, energetic, and quick... Read More with responding to our emails/phone calls. I would recommend her to all my friends and family! Our photos turned out beautiful. I can't stop looking at them! Thank you Susan and Lin!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Kimberly S

I could not have chosen a better photographer for my April 2016 wedding! From the engagement shoot to the wedding photos, everything was absolutely perfect! Susan is talented, friendly, timely, professional, and so much more. Everytime I contacted her (by email or text) she... Read More answered within the hour (usually within minutes). She put us at ease from our inital contact and the entire way through. She was open to our ideas and executed them wonderfully. Our save the date magnet with her picture of us on a basketball court was a big hit! She meticulously helped us create formal shot lists, then revised, and re-revised when we made changes. On the day of our wedding, Susan and her second shooter were on time and full of energy and carried that energy through the night. They never got in the way of the party. They even adapted quickly to the change of location when it rained on our outdoor ceremony which was moved indoors. I was delighted with my beautiful sneak peek photos which she emailed a few weeks later. Susan posted all of our wedding photos (about 1500) to be viewed and/or ordered online. Then, I recieved a USB with all of the pictures shortly after. I cannot stop looking at them! It is so hard to choose ones for our thank you cards, and to be framed. They are superior quality. I am receiving so many compliments on them. Susan's artistry is evident in every photo (especially the outdoor shots)! I would recommend her to any bride looking for a pain-free experience and pictures to treasure for years to come.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Leigh M

We used Susan for our engagement and wedding pictures, and she was amazing! She was a pleasure to work with from the beginning to end of the process, and our pictures turned out wonderfully. Susan was super communicative and extremely helpful leading up to our big day, and at... Read More our wedding she was great about taking all the pictures we wanted and spontaneously suggesting other ideas for pictures we didn’t even know we wanted. We got all our wedding pictures back incredibly fast, and we love them!

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Tricia W

There aren't words that are good enough to describe how wonderful Susan is!! Neither my husband nor I are comfortable getting our picture taken so in finding a photographer, it was super important to find someone who we could be completely ourselves with and Susan was exactly... Read More who we were looking for. She is absolutely the sweetest and we loved every moment having her around! Susan was a great source of comfort during our highly emotional day and wrangling in both sides of our families during mass chaos. During our reception, she stayed in the backround and captured so many great moments without anyone even noticing. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful and we could not be more grateful to Susan for being so amazing!! We love you, Susan! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2016 Robyn D

Susan and her team work with the utmost professionalism and are just plain fun to be around! Posing for pictures can feel so unnatural but Susan makes the process light and enjoyable. Most importantly, Susan is a true artist. She balanced creatively posed pictures with the... Read More capturing of naturally occurring interactions that resulted in the perfect depiction of our wedding day. Susan is a talent and a beautiful person. We feel so lucky to have had her as our wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Suzy A

Susan was nothing short of amazing! I cannot say enough good things about her. From day 1 of meeting her for our engagement photos, Susan really took the time to listen to us and got to know our style. I created a Pinterest board of all different kinds of poses and places within... Read More our venue to take pictures at, and I can tell that she studied it because she did not miss one thing! She also added her own creative touches, and I am glad she did because we are 100% satisfied with how our pictures came out! She is not only talented as a photographer, she is also such a hard-worker and was constantly taking pictures throughout the 10 hours we hired her for. We got married on a hot, August afternoon and there were so many gnats at the park where we shot some pictures. That did not keep Susan from continuing her work! She was such a trooper and was so professional. Additionally, she was so friendly and pleasant to work with. She had a way of kindly asking people to get in pictures/poses and made it look so natural. I had a list of people who I wanted formals with and she was on top of everything. I highly recommend Susan for any type of event, but especially weddings! We LOVE every single picture she took of us! Thank you so much for capturing our wedding day Susan!

Susan Hennessey

Hello, and welcome to Susan Hennessey Photography! I'm a photographer based in NJ, specializing in weddings and engagements. I take a candid and lifestyle approach when shooting, looking for those moments when my subjects are laughing, rather than posing. I've spent years in the photography world - first as a student at the Fashion Institute of Technology, and later in magazine publishing and photo editing. Now, I'm happy to have found a home behind the camera, and grateful to be doing what I love full time - capturing the moments in life that matter most.