Timeless, emotional, joyful.

Timeless images, a bright, candid style, and a natural light approach are what sets Susan Hennessey Photography apart from others. I specialize in weddings, engagements, families, and maternity photography, and I understand that the magic is in the details.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

55 Red Leaf Road, Moorestown, NJ New Jersey, PA, DE, NY & Beyond! (917) 855-5402
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

I wish I could give Susan 10 stars for her expertise in wedding photography - we are SO THRILLED we booked with her for both our engagement shoot and our wedding photos. Throughout the entire process, I felt like I was talking to a close friend, someone who I could trust and... Read More talk to about anything regarding photos and the big day. We did our engagement shoot in Central Park where Susan used the sunset lighting and colorful fall leaves as the perfect backdrop and setting for our pictures. They came out GORGEOUS and we have received compliments right and left on them. For the wedding day, I requested that the second shooter speak a little Spanish as my husband's family was from Guatemala and many do not speak or understand English. When the second shooter she booked dropped a few weeks before our date, she searched high and low and did not stop until she found someone else who spoke Spanish to fill the spot as she knew how important that was to us. It was such a relief and Alex (the Spanish speaking second shooter) was so incredibly helpful. Susan really knows what she is doing, is 100% professional and also is completely down to earth and FUN. She is great at advising the people in the photo to do what will look good and really knows how to engage those who are maybe a little camera shy. She is excellent at working with the weather and lighting and also the vibe of the group to get the best shots. Susan was by far my favorite vendor out of anyone we worked with for the wedding because everything exceeded my expectations and ran smoothly because of her hard work and dedication. Our photos are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, and I couldn't have asked for a better service. I could go on for hours about how thrilled we were with her work but will stop here so you can go and BOOK HER NOW!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Gwyneth C

I researched and spoke with 11 different photographers. My fiancé and I had decided against a videographer, and so we wanted to be sure our photographer captured every single moment, bringing life back to our special day. Susan Hennessey was one of our best decisions. We met... Read More during our engagement shoot, which felt like a romantic date, sharing our story and capturing the start of our wedding planning journey. Our pictures came back stunning for our Save the Dates. Friends and family complimented the pictures for their authenticity, color, candor and clarity. Now for those brides considering a boudoir for your husband's wedding gift, again, Susan is your best choice. It's a little nerve racking giving your best sultry smile and getting down to the bare minimum, but Susan put me at ease and delivered a beautiful product at a very reasonable price that my husband and I will forever cherish. The wedding day was magical! Susan and her assistant Matthew were very professional. Not in the least obtrusive, but taking extra care that every special photo requested was taken, and capturing every moment of the day. I look over my photos, and I think to myself, "how did they get that shot?" because it's as if they operated behind the scenes. As the bride, there is a great deal you miss of your own wedding, but Susan was able to show me more of the day than I am able to recall, including shots of our guests finding their seats, the shot of my dad reaching for my mom's hand during our first dance as a married couple, as well as shots of the food that I never got to see. Finally, the quality and creativity of her work is so superior, I can almost hear my laugh and see my veil flapping in the wind through the picture! Susan is fun and genuine, which is a characteristic you want from a photographer. Someone that takes pride in their work, but also celebrates the day with you. At the end of it all, Susan becomes your friend, and she is someone we will keep in touch with and use in the future to snap pictures of our growing family.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Yin L

Susan Hennessey has our enthusiastic and whole-hearted recommendation. First, Susan is a phenomenal photographer. Her photos are suffused with genuine emotions. Whether it be surprise, tenderness, love, or joy, Susan is there to capture the moment. We love the playfulness of her... Read More composition, the artistry of her editing. You won't get stilted, awkward portrait shots with Susan. Every photo transports us back to our wedding day. Second, Susan was a joy to work with. From the meet-and-greet, to the engagement shoot, to the day of the wedding itself, Susan put us at ease and was always responsive, enthusiastic, and dependable. We cannot stress how important this is! We worked with many vendors for our wedding, and Susan's dedication was clearly a notch above the crowd. Even though Susan herself was getting married in the month leading up to ours, we never waited more than a few hours to get an email reply. She got us our Sneak Peak and entire wedding collection well ahead of schedule. On the day of the wedding, Susan was the consummate professional. She arrived at the groom's hotel ahead of schedule, and kept the day running smoothly from then on. Neither rain nor unexpected schedule changes fazed Susan. She got every shot that we asked for (and more), but was not intrusive in doing so; many guests even remarked that they never noticed Susan. It is no exaggeration to say that Susan is our favorite wedding vendor! We are so glad that we found her at a crowded Wedding Expo. And you will be glad too!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Kathrine R

Susan was so great to work with throughout the entire planning process! She answered my hundreds of emails so quickly! She made our engagement session and wedding photos so easy and fun. Every one of our pictures are so beautiful! We can not say enough wonder things about Susan... Read More Hennessey Photography!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Laura F

I had a hard time finding a photographer that I felt confident and comfortable with. I came across Susan on The Knot and was impressed with the style of her photos. The first time I spoke with her on the phone, I instantly felt like she understood what I was looking for. I felt... Read More confident that having her as my photographer would be easy and fun, and that my pictures would be perfect. Every step along the way was so easy with Susan, from signing the contract to setting up our engagement pictures, she was very flexible and accommodating. We had to reschedule our shoot last minute about 3 times due to inclement weather, and she was so easy going about it! I was unsure if I even wanted to do an engagement shoot but I was so happy that we did because it was a nice way to meet each other and for me and my husband to be comfortable being photographed - I definitely recommend doing one! Before our wedding day, she was very thorough in discussing all of the details for the day, creating a time line, and going over which pictures I wanted done. I was so nervous about the timeline of everything, and she made me feel completely at ease. She always had an "I got this!" attitude that made me feel like I did not need to worry. The day of wedding went so smoothly because she helped to keep everything on track. We received a sneak peek a week after the wedding and I was in awe of how gorgeous the pictures were. About 4-5 weeks after the wedding, we received all of our wedding pictures! Every. single. picture is perfect. Susan captured every special moment even better than I could have imagined. The style of her candid pictures look so bright and natural. The day goes so quickly, and I am so happy to have these pictures to relive our special day forever. When I need a photographer in the future (anniversary pictures, baby pics), I am so happy that I know I can depend on Susan.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jaclyn I

Susan did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and we couldn't have asked for a more organized, reliable, and positive person to take care of all our photography needs! From helping us out with our day-of timeline to creating beautifully composed images that... Read More captured the feeling of our day, she went above and beyond our expectations and made sure everything went smoothly from the start. She was always very helpful and prompt with responding to questions, and she really knows her stuff when it comes to planning out your wedding photos and all the shots you want to get. Her attention to detail was so helpful. It was truly a great experience working with her!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Heather S

I met Susan through my sister. My sister hired Susan for her engagement photos, wedding photos, and anniversary photos. When my husband and I got engaged, she was the first person I called. Being that she was reliable, friendly, and so easy to work with; it was an easy choice.... Read More Susan also made the commitment to travel to another country with us for our wedding. This decision may have not been so easy for her, but she made her promises and followed through in every way possible. Although she was the only shooter for our wedding in Mexico, she managed to get every shot we requested and more! She managed our family and friends in the heat with ease and gave us 100%. Our pictures turned out beautiful and we have her to thank for all the wonderful memories. Susan is a part of our family now. She will always be. I would recommend her to anyone, and I plan on hiring her to capture all our life's big events in the future.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

What can I say about Susan. She and her staff are amazing. We had a package for engagement shoot and a 5 hour party. She drove out to long island, drove to our spots and clicked away. She is down to earth and makes the photo taking experience a once in a lifetime event. For... Read More our wedding we had her crew as well as Susan . Unbelievable, took shots of me getting ready, laughing and joking around making the morning of my big day even more eventful. Bottom line, you want a great photographer and staff book Susan. I garentee you will not be disappointed with the customer service, hospitality and quality of pictures you receive.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Nicole R

I absolutely loved working with Susan! She was so professional throughout the entire process. She got back to me so quickly if I ever had a question! My husband and I did an engagement shoot with her before she photographed our wedding, which we really loved because it was good... Read More practice in front of the camera! She was so organized and flexible as well, which are really important with a photographer! Thanks again Susan!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Melissa S

Susan was the photographer for our small outdoor August wedding, and it was so wonderful working with her! She photographed my best friend's wedding, so I was so excited to find out she would be available for mine. Susan made everything so easy from the time we contacted her... Read More all the way through receiving our wedding photos. On the wedding day, she made us feel so relaxed, and she captured our day so perfectly! I love reliving the day looking at our beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Amber O

Susan captured our special day perfectly! She has a great energy, is very flexible, and has an amazing eye. Susan did both our engagement photos and wedding day pictures and not only are the pictures stunning, but they were completed within a timely manner. During the day, we... Read More ran a bit behind on time and she was able to get us back on track before the ceremony while getting us every picture we wanted! Susan was by far a top vendor pick for our special day.

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Christa C

I would highly recommend Susan to anyone! From our first email to the last photo on our wedding day, Susan went above and beyond. Before the wedding, she answered all my emails and questions within minutes. She kept everything SO organized leading up to the wedding and took a... Read More lot of time to plan the shot list and our wedding time line out so the day of would run smoothly, while making sure she had time to capture every photo that I wanted (which she did!) Not only was she awesome to work with, but we got so many many pictures back that we absolutely love! Another thing we liked about Susan was during the reception she snuck us out for a "sunset picture" and "night shot" which turned out amazing! I would definitely highly recommend using Susan Hennessy Photography!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Angela M

Susan was so great through the whole process!! She was there whenever we had any questions and was willing to travel. We are so happy with our engagement and wedding photos! She did a beautiful job, and I would sincerely recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Brenda R

Susan has a great energy about her and is ever the professional. It poured on our wedding day and our venue had to change things around...my Mom also broke the zipper on my dress which caused a 30min delay for repairs for the first look. Susan kept her head and kept us on track... Read More and the pics are just beautiful. Can't say enough great things about her and her assistant!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Andrew B

I cannot say enough good things about Susan. My husband is very camera shy and she kept him laughing and comfortable the entire time. We both have large families and Susan made sure well before the wedding that we had a concrete plan in place to make sure we got every shot that... Read More we wanted. I've had other friends and family members tell me how their photographers annoyed them the entire wedding reception, we still talk about how we didn't even notice Susan was there. That's what makes a great photographer, we not only enjoyed ourselves but she got real photos that show expression in everyones faces which I adore. If you're looking for a fun, creative and sweet photographer to make your day that much more special I would definitely recommend Susan. We love our photos so much and cannot wait to look through them over and over through our lives together. Thanks Susan!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Stefanie W

Susan couldn't have been more perfect for my wedding! Her personality is so fun and upbeat which made it very easy to relax in front of the camera. She captured all of the best moments of our day! Our pictures came out beautiful and I couldn't be more happy with them! I can't... Read More wait to book her for our anniversary pictures this summer! I highly recommend Susan!!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Ricardo D

We absolutely adored having Susan as our wedding photographer back in September 2016. Susan not only is incredibly responsive and creative, but also will end up coordinating your whole day by making sure every shot in your list is accomplished. We had lots of ideas for the... Read More shots, and Susan suggested some more as well as some changes that made complete sense. She is extremely responsible *and* a sweetheart, you will feel as having a friend taking your pictures (and we met the 'day of' as I live out of town). We then were thrilled when we got the link with all the wedding pictures; Susan has that desired ability of capturing emotions in the most beautiful way. You certainly won't regret hiring Susan for capturing all those memories you want to keep from your big day.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Erica F

Book right now! I couldn't of had my perfect wedding without her! She organized everything! I am a worry wart and she set me at ease. Everything was done before I even had to ask. In addition to being the BEST photographer I have ever seen, she keeps the day rolling smoothly and... Read More relaxed so you can enjoy taking pictures. She is a Goddess. I cannot thank her enough for everything. Hands down the best vendor that I picked. Could not be happier with EVERYTHING!!! Quality of shots are out of this world and we are not photogenic people!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

I would recommend Susan 100% as a photographer. She exceeded every expectation my husband and I had for a wedding photographer. Her work is exceptional, and she is a wonderful and talented person. She went above and beyond in every way, even helping me to put on my Dad's... Read More boutonniere!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Christine C

Susan was one of the first people we booked for our wedding. From the start, she was very personable and responsive to all emails. She truly did her best to make the wedding process a little less stressful for us. Prior to the wedding, Susan made sure that the day was completely... Read More planned out for us and checked/re-checked the list of pictures we needed, and the ones we wanted. Susan made sure it ALL happened and was very flexible when we would add in an idea for a shot here and there, and was willing to add an extra hour on to her time the week before the wedding for us. My husband and I are not good with the "kissing pictures", however, Susan surprisingly made it incredible un-awkward for us. Susan completely understood that my husband and I did not want to be pulled out of the reception for pictures. We got them all completed prior to the cocktail hour so we could enjoy our night. We just received a sneak peek of our wedding pictures from almost 2 weeks ago and they are absolutely stunning. We cannot wait to see the other moments she captured from the best night ever!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Lizzy K

We LOVED Susan Hennessey Photography for our wedding! Susan is the real deal... She is organized, dependable, and takes quality pictures without making you feel like someone is on top of you all day. And she makes it all look effortless! You are getting so much for your... Read More money with Susan... she responds to emails quickly, is professional, and was probably our favorite vendor. I kept getting compliments from my bridesmaids as well saying how much they enjoyed her! I would recommend Susan to anyone who wants to make sure the beautiful moments on their big day get captured in a special way. We are beyond thrilled with our photos and love reliving our memories through them.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Anthony C

Susan is simply the BEST! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer on my wedding day! She is friendly and easy to work with. She made sure my wedding day ran super smooth and took every single photo I had requested. She was quick to jump into action and help me organize a... Read More couple of group family shots that I didn't think we had time for, but Susan made it happen like magic! She is INSANELY talented and took unique and beautiful photos throughout the entire day. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who wants a true professional taking photos of their wedding day. We love you Susan!! Love, Laina & Anthony 9.17.16

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Erin F

Susan and her assistant photographer were on time and ready to rock! The great thing is they took a ton of pictures and they all turned out great! So many to chose from. They were both very professional and able to deal with the craziness of the ceremony and reception. Reeling... Read More in the wedding party can be hard, but they did it effortlessly and effectively. My husband and I enjoyed looking at our engagement photos and wedding photos and couldnt believe how awesome they were! We got them back in such a quick time frame. Thanks Susan and team!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Ashley W

Susan is phenomenal. My (new) husband hates pictures and she was able to get him comfortable and natural. Our wedding day was only two months ago and the photos have been given to me. She sent an adorable and a lovely note. Not only was Susan fun, she was professional ,... Read More punctual, and extremely well organized throughout the entire process. I cannot recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Whitney B

My husband and I got married in March and Susan and her assistant were amazing. We were given Susan's name by our friend and it was one of the best referrals that we received. Susan is so easy to work with and so supportive that she took any stress away. We had an engagement... Read More shoot as part of our package and it was great. Susan had wonderful suggestions on where to go for fall foliage. My husband is a bit of a jokester and Susan fell right in with us. For the wedding Susan was as detail oriented as I am and she got every picture and angle that there could possibly be. She captured my husband smiling the whole day/night. You never knew she was there but she somehow got the pictures and captured the day perfectly. She even managed to get a picture of my father-in-law standing as I walked down the aisle, he is mainly in a wheelchair. Susan put these amazing personalized touches on everything and when we received the pictures words cannot express how happy we were. I can't wait to work with Susan again!

Susan Hennessey

Hello, and welcome to Susan Hennessey Photography! I'm a photographer based in NJ, specializing in weddings and engagements. I take a candid and lifestyle approach when shooting, looking for those moments when my subjects are laughing, rather than posing. I've spent years in the photography world - first as a student at the Fashion Institute of Technology, and later in magazine publishing and photo editing. Now, I'm happy to have found a home behind the camera, and grateful to be doing what I love full time - capturing the moments in life that matter most.