Dietary Options

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Lesley E

Yum

YUM!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Emily W

*I actually used the Lafayette location, but they're not listed on this site* If you love sweets like I do, then this is the bakery for you! We were totally put off by our venue's crazy cake cutting fee, so we initially set out to do cupcakes for the guests and a small... Read More cutting cake for us. However, after going to a wedding where they opted to do a dessert bar, rather than just a cake or cupcakes, we were obsessed. We chose the a la carte option and were so happy! Our guests loved our dessert bar. Rather than have wedding favors, we ended up ordering up on the dessert bar and provided cute take out boxes for guests to take a few treats to go- this was hugely popular! We didn't end up saving much in the long run, but the variety was so much fun and our guests enjoyed it, and that's what matters!

Delicious cake, great service!

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Amy C

We had gone back and forth on having an actual wedding cake, but decided we would go for it! I honestly didn't do a ton of research but had gotten cakes at SusieCakes before, so knew that their cakes were delicious. I emailed with Molly as we were planning our wedding from... Read More Europe and she was prompt in responding and helpful in going through all of our options. We set up a tasting when we were back in SF for a week and got to try literally all of their combinations of cakes. SO SO GOOD!!! The hubby wasn't able to come to the tasting (so a lucky friend got to come!) but Molly sent me home with FULL slices of the ones that I liked so he could try everything. Ultimately, we decided on a red velvet, three-tiered cake with cream cheese frosting (along with a sheet cake to cover the rest of our guests). Basically to die for! I wasn't super picky about what I wanted the outside of the cake to look like and was surprised by all of our options with the cream cheese frosting (who knew they could make cream cheese frosting look like fondant!). We didn't want any crazy design, just something that looked classy and simple. I had looked at some pictures when we went in for the tasting and Molly sent more afterwards of ones. The whole process from start to finish was easy. I didn't even research any other bakeries as there was no need. Their prices were much less than I expected for a wedding cake and the cake was absolutely delicious! They also delivered the cake to our venue in San Francisco. We have the top tier in the freezer, which I CANNOT wait to have! Fantastic service and a fantastic cake!! I would definitely recommend SusieCakes!!

Delicious AND beautiful - you CAN have both.

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Dawn A

Three wo words: Chocolate Coconut Cake The best wedding cake I've ever had, and that's not because it was at my wedding. Just like the cupcakes you love from the Marina, but enough to serve 70+ people. We'll be getting the same cake for years for our anniversary.

Any excuse for cupcakes

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Anjali S

I was already hooked on Susie Cakes even before my wedding. Make sure you do a tasting- they give you all these spoons of frosting to mix and match with different cakes. The only thing was since I got married on a Sunday, we had to pick up the cake Saturday. But it still... Read More tasted fresh/good. I don't want to wait a year to eat the rest of my wedding cake!

Good variety and very tasty

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Yfat B

We ordered desserts from SusieCakes for our wedding, and we didn't want a wedding cake at all.. We had the dessert selection which included 6 different desserts and mini cupcakes. It was all delicious and really easy to deal with, with a good variety offering something for... Read More everyone . You do need to like frosting for the cupcakes (which we do...) and I think it would have been nice to have something special offered with the wedding order which ended up being a pretty big order - like a decoration or some signs that would come with it saying what is offered. They did delivery for a great price, and the place set it up for us (they don't do set up though).

Delicious cake

Reviewed on 3/17/2013 Ashley W

We had 200 people at our wedding and their biggest cake only serves about 75, so we ordered cupcakes too. Everyone (including us) RAVED about the cake. We got red velvet and assorted cup cakes. The cake looked beautiful and was more reasonable than all the other cake places... Read More we looked. I couldn't be happier.

The best wedding cupcakes!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Krysta G

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! The best I have ever had!!!

Cheap and delicious

Reviewed on 7/13/2012 Katie S

Our wedding cake was perfect. It looked exactly like I hoped it would, it was incredibly delicious, and totally inexpensive. We love susiecakes!

Not your standard wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Jenna M

I love to eat wedding cake (or any cake) but let's be honest wedding cake is never a moment of aww. Susiecakes is my favorite cupcake bakery and so when I picked my wedding cake - of course I went to them as well. They can only do a max of 3-tiers and only buttercream (no... Read More fondant) but that didn't stop me. I had to have their flavors and It was a Great Decision! My cake was beautiful and tasty. Real home baked goods tasty. Not fake cake tasty. Book them if you want a tasty cake not a fancy elaborate fondant cake.

Best Tasting Wedding Cake Award

Reviewed on 8/05/2011 Heather W

VERY nice, helpful staff. I live in L.A., but got married in the Bay Area, and both the Brentwood and San Francisco locations coordinated to help me do my tasting, and then get my wedding cakes ordered, made, and delivered on time. They did a phenomenal job - everything was as... Read More ordered, and arrived on time as promised! One of the few of my wedding vendors who didn't let me down last minute! I would highly recommend them. They have great follow up. The prices were amazing, and super reasonable for wedding cakes! Note that they don't do fondant cakes, only regular icing, but I still thought they came out looking gorgeous (I ordered a 3-tier cake in the largest size), and it tasted WAY better than a fondant cake will. You can do a lot of customization just by choosing the cake and frosting/filling flavors for each tier. A+ bakery, will be going there for cupcakes for years to come!

Start a Conversation!