Sweet and Saucy Shop

Cakes + Desserts

6400 E Stearns St, Long Beach, CA

Black and White

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Jennifer W

We had a beautiful black cake with a cascading white rose down one side to match our black and white themed wedding. It was stunning. I was so stunning we decided not to use a cake topper. The cake stood on its own without the need for anything to distract from its beauty.

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Kristen L

I wanted to surprise my fiancé with a groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner (didn't want another cake at the wedding). He absolutely loves the University of Kentucky basketball. So I looked around to find someone who would be able to create a 3D cake in the shape of a basketball... Read More with the UK logo. This place was fabulous! They sculpted the cake into almost a whole basketball and it tasted just as good as it looked. Basically it was perfect and everyone was surprised and in awe. Sweet & Saucy was super easy to work with and even delivered the cake to the restaurant for me. If my reception facility hadn't provided my wedding cake I would have used them for that too!

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Betsy M

We had our wedding cake and dessert spread made by Sweet and Saucy and our contact was Cortney. We decided to go with them not only because of how tasty their desserts are, but because they are one of the few bakeries that specialize in dessert spreads as well as cakes. We had... Read More so much fun at our tasting and it was so hard to pick our favorites! Everything they make is SO good. After our tasting, we decided to add a dessert and change quantities on another one. We called Sweet and Saucy a couple of times to discuss it and oddly, they just didn’t answer their phone. We did finally get through to make the change, but when our first payment was due and we were sent the invoice, it reflected the original order. When we pointed it out, they were apologetic but their reasoning for the mistake was that they were just so busy, which didn't feel like great customer service. We had the same difficulty reaching them via phone to pay our final balance a few weeks later. The day of the wedding, the cake and desserts were delivered without issue and we did get the correct order. The cake and desserts were beautiful and the buttercream frosted cake withstood the warm October day with ease. Everything was exceptionally delicious and we got many compliments from our guests on how much they loved the cake and all the desserts. Despite the mishaps with the ordering and payment process, I would definitely recommend Sweet and Saucy for your wedding cake and dessert needs!

Made my vision a reality

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Liane D

I worked with this shop mainly over email since we were having an out of town wedding. They were very attentive, listened to my ideas, and translated vision into reality. The cake was beautiful, delivered to our reception venue on time, and the guests loved how tasty it was.... Read More Thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Jessica G

My experience with Sweet and Saucy was fantastic! We went to their location in Newport Beach, and the staff there was always friendly. I ordered a beautiful rustic butter cream cake with a custom sugar flower for my wedding. The total price was below my budget (yay!) and I loved... Read More how they let my husband and I make each layer of the cake a different flavor! It was so fun and unique and tasted absolutely delicious!

Hello Kitty and Stitch Cake Pops

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Julianne G

Our entire wedding was themed around Hello Kitty and Stitch (bride loves hello kitty and groom loves stitch)...so when we went cake tasting and saw Sweet and Saucy's cake pops, I knew I had to have them! I asked for custom Stitch cake pops (they had done Hello Kitty before) and... Read More they were willing to give it a try. They turned out so cute and they all went so quickly at the wedding! Everyone loved them and were very impressed by the design and the flavor! Such a fun idea.

Yum desserts!

Reviewed on 3/30/2014 Courtney D

We ordered a variety of mini-desserts for our dessert buffet. The key lime tarts are so delicious! Sweet & saucy worked with me on custom desserts as well! Prices were reasonable, and items were delicious! Guests couldn't wait to try some, and the macarons were the crowd... Read More favorite!

Delicious and Unique!

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Susan

Probably everyone's favorite part of a wedding is the cake and desserts, so we knew picking our bakery was a big task! I am not really a fan of cake, so we knew we wanted to do something less traditional, and Sweet and Saucy was the perfect fit. We had mini pies, macaroons and... Read More mini cupcakes, as well as a small cutting cake. From our first consultation, to the delivery and set up, everything was smooth and easy. We also rented the cake stands from them to complete the look. Our guests raved about the desserts!

Looooved our wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Claire Y

My fiance and I got a pumpkin wedding cake from Sweet & Saucy and it was incredibly delicious! We also received COUNTLESS words of praise on how yummy the cake was. Seriously, everyone loved it! The cake also saved well for a week or 2 after and we happily enjoyed it. The... Read More bakery also created a gorgeous cake that was exactly what we had envisioned. I'd totally recommend them to anyone!

So good!!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Kate

We not only had our wedding cake from them but a selection of mini desserts, all of them were out of this world yummy!

Cake and desserts

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Stephanie L

Sweet and saucy is definitely delicious! We did have a bit of a debacle since they were moving locations when we called to verify a couple weeks out (we never got the three week out phone call from them) and their phones weren't connected and their computers were down! That was... Read More a but nerve racking, but with that being said the desserts wete a major hit. They were beautiful and delicious. Also, keep in mind you have to have someone collect and clean up all cake and dessert stands after the reception and take them back the following week. You pay a pricy set up and rental fee, but this doesn't include clean up and returns.

I want their sweets to be my last meal in life

Reviewed on 6/15/2013 Cynthia B

We found Sweet & Saucy shop from both a referral from our wedding coordinator and also notices she was responsible for most of the awesome cakes featured in Abby Larson of Style Me Pretty’s debut book. We had gone to 2 other cake tastings before Sweet & Saucy and were floored... Read More by not only how tasty everything was but how beautiful. Our guests are still talking about how amazing our dessert table was – from both taste to beauty. We had a 3 tier rustic cake and then an assortment of desserts – each one mora amazing than the last – cake pops, mini crème brulee shooters, mini cupcakes and macaroons. If you are on the Westside, don’t overlook them because they are in Long Beach. I have used Cake Divas and Vanilla Bake Shop for other events and found Sweet & Saucy to be even better. They had the most interesting flavors we found and prettiest presentation in terms of their cake stand offering. We would recommend them to anyone.

Almost too pretty to eat...Almost

Reviewed on 5/19/2013 Jessica r

I can not say enough about S&S! We wanted something simple and I don't know how they did it but our simple cake was anything but plain. It was so elegant and clean and beautiful.The staff were really cool and didn't try to pressure us. Their flavor options are super fun and... Read More unexpected but reminded my husband and I of the treats we loved as kids. I never in my life thought I would ever order a cookies and cream cake but it was literally the best thing I've ever eaten!

Absolutely delicious...

Reviewed on 4/09/2013 Angela F

And oh-so-charming! My mini cupcakes and bridal cake were both gorgeous and delicious! Our cake table was a huge hit! I was a little nervous since my husband and I went with very nontraditional flavors - but all our guests went bananas over them! Every single flavor was... Read More incredible. The communication during the booking process was great and Cortney was on top of everything (even perfecting our exact shade of coral). They deserve every single accolade they've ever received and its obvious why they are so popular.

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Amber A

Simply Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Whitney M

From the moment i walked into Sweet and Saucy i was sold! it is the cutest bakery i have ever seen! I went in for the tasting and they made it so fun! we got to taste every flavor and tried a countless amount of the mini desserts. Every bite was better than the last! my cake was... Read More absolutely gorgeous and exactly what i wanted! By far the best cake i have ever had and the price was amazing for what we got! definitely go here for your cake!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Sylvia M

Truly professionals who use great, quality ingredients. I had a last minute guest-count explosion and they were able to accommodate my change with no problems. They have a nice selection of cake stands for rent. I will definitely be going back to this shop for future cake needs!

Absolute BEST bakery choice!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Evelyn L

When it comes to dessert, I don't miss a beat. It's more than just a weakness but an obsession with me. So for my wedding I knew that I had to have my dessert table be the highlight of the evening. I definitely wanted more than just a cake table and I wanted an full, pretty... Read More and indulging display of yummy desserts. I looked at quite a few options in the LA and Orange County area but then I came across this lil gem in Long Beach (which was perfect because our wedding was in Long Beach) called Sweet and Saucy Shop. I discovered them on a blog and as I dug deeper into what this lil shop was all about my mouth was watering! I went for a tasting and I knew at first bite that this was the place for my wedding dessert table. I was beyond impressed and happy with the way it all came out and how it all tasted. My guest would not stop complimenting my choices for our dessert table and by the middle of the night all the desserts were gone and the cake was devoured. Since I didn't have too much time to really enjoy the dessert table the day of the wedding, I ended up going to the shop the next day to get some desserts for myself. I couldn't have chosen a better place and I'm so happy we got Sweet and Saucy shop for our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Jessica R

Our wedding cake and cupcakes were delish! The only problem that we encountered was that our cake melted (it was over 100 degrees in the shade on our wedding day!) but it still tasted great!

Best cake in town!

Reviewed on 12/27/2011 Vanessa J

We had cupcakes at our wedding and used Sweet and Saucy Shop. They were great, Really easy to work with. I wanted funfetti cupcakes for our wedding. Other bakers would not do it, They did and they were so yummy!!! We chose three different flavors to have funfetti, Chocolate... Read More peanut butter and Red Velvet. Our cake that we cut was a giant cupcake that was funfetti cake. They were a hit and people are still talking about how good the cupcakes were. Highly recommend them!!!

Good Desserts, But Overpriced

Reviewed on 12/16/2011 Kristin M

I used Sweet and Saucy Shop in my wedding because they came highly recommended. What I found was that the tast of the cake and the mini desserts was good but not great and that the price was outrageous. My cake was very plain and simple but still cost over $900 for 120... Read More slices. The price would have been almost the same if I had an involved cake design. So I would use them if you want a crazy fabulous looking cake but not for a normal or simple cake. To save on cost I had my mom make the mini cupcakes.

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Stephanie K

This place was awesome! Their desserts were to die for. Definitely a hit at the wedding.

SO delicious!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 kate m

We had a three tiered chocolate cake with espresso cream layers (that had little espresso cruchies inside) coated in chocolate ganache for our wedding a couple weeks ago and it was the most delicious cake I have ever eaten. The Sweet and Saucy shop was so easy to work with. We... Read More came in for a tasting where they had us try about 20 different flavor options for cakes in the form of mini cupcakes. It was so much fun, and they were all so delicious! But the one we chose stood out as our favorite so we decided to do the whole cake in that flavor. Everyone at our wedding loved it! My 90 year old grandmother had 3 pieces and I have never seen her do anything like that! It was so amazing. Just writing this review makes me want to break into the piece that we have saved for our anniversary! I can't wait for the next special occasion where I need to get a dessert because I will definitely be going to The Sweet and Saucy Shop!

BEST DESSERTS and Displays

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Jessica J

The MOST beautiful wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Christina M

The sweet and Saucy shop was fantastic to work with. Both Hayley and Melody were amazing to work with and gave me exactly what I wanted in terms of design and especially taste. The surprise grooms cake was amazing! Seriously, the most fun cake of all the grooms favorite... Read More things and the chocolate ganache was fantastic. The wedding cake (and I know I am biased) was hands down the most beautiful that I have ever seen. The lemon with raspberries was so good and the strawberry was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for anything better.