Wedding Cakes, Sculpted Cakes, Birthday Cakes

Sweet Delights Cakery is a licensed home based bakery owned and operated by Nisha Fernando and serves the Oakland County area. We specialize in exceptional wedding cakes to one of a kind special occasion cakes. All our sweet delights are made from scratch baked to order using only the freshest ingredients. All artwork is hand crafted with care and given special attention to detail.

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes

1755 Poppleton Drive, West Bloomfield, MI West Bloomfield, MI (Serving Oakland County) (248) 787-7766
INSTAGRAM

Worth every cent

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Julia O

Nisha made our wedding cake for our fall rustic wedding. 5 Stars all around. I could not have asked for a more talented, patient, and dedicated vendor than Nisha at Sweet Delights Cakery. From the beginning, everything had a very personal touch. Our cake was not one found in a... Read More magazine or from a template, but was a masterpiece that was created just for us. It all started with choosing the flavors, from which there is a wide variety to choose. Just as I finished raving about how great the carrot cake was at our tasting, I was just as impressed with the cream cheese and vanilla bourbon icing we tasted. I had already visited one other vendor in Michigan, and this cake was much better, by far, and in the same price range. There was no question after our tasting that we would have our cake made by Nisha. But, it didn’t end there. Nisha worked with many designs I had sent her and compiled all of these into one beautiful dream cake. She was very patient if I would change my mind or want to see a different variation of her sketch. It was so much fun to see our visions come to life in her sketches. She coordinated the colors perfectly by having me send her swatches from flowers and decorations we would have at the wedding. She is so passionate about her work and is truly invested in giving you exactly what you want! We had so many compliments from our guests about how great the cake looked and tasted. I give her the highest recommendation for a wedding cake vendor, and for any special occasion in which you are aiming to impress. She uses many unique techniques that amount in an unforgettable piece of delicious art.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Nichole R

Not only was our cake BEAUTIFUL, it was also delicious!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Hunter S

Nisha provided my wife and I with an absolutely stunning cake! The center piece, the colors, flavors, hand designs, all AMAZING!! We live in Las Vegas, so planning and designing the cake seemed like it would be difficult but Nisha made the entire process a breeze! She even... Read More provided a private tasting as well as several detailed consultations to make our wedding cake perfect!! She's absolutely GREAT!!! You won't be dissappointed!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Lu X

We chose Sweet Delights Cakery for our wedding cake. Nisha was very kind and helpful. She provided many choices and had some really good suggestions to make sure our cake looked like what we wanted. The cake tasted good, too.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Stephanie S

Nisha's cakes are pure works of art! Beautiful on the outside and the taste matches it! My husband, as well as many of our wedding guests said this was "some of the best cake they've tasted in their lives." You won't be disappointed. Beautiful, delicious and worth every cent.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lisa H

Our experience with Nisha and Sweet Delights Cakery was great! We had our cake tasting and consultation three months before the wedding and it was so much fun. Nisha make this part of the wedding planning process so easy for us. Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, but... Read More totally delicious too. Almost every single piece was eaten well before the end of the reception (and we ordered plenty!) We would definitely recommend Sweet Delights Cakery to anyone looking for a perfect wedding cake.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lisa H

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jackie B

The cake that I had went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. Nisha is truly an artist with baked goods! She was able to create a cake that was not only beautiful, but tasted unlike any other cake I have ever had! I would definitely go back to her for other special... Read More events and recommend her to anyone that wants something truly special for their event.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Dilhani G

Most vendors that I visited had pretty much the same style wedding cakes and not much of a variation. Sweet Delights Cakery literally takes the cake! The cake Nisha made for our wedding was STUNNING and was the most delicious cake that I have ever had. She is wonderful to work... Read More with and does outstanding work! I would recommend her to anyone that wants to have a beautiful cake that tastes incredible!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Samantha R

Amazing! My husband and I tried several cake vendors and from the moment we arrived to our tasting we knew Sweet Delights Cakery was the one! Nisha was fantastic in our consultation and we had such a wonderful experience that went far beyond than any other tasting that we went... Read More to. I was extremely satisfied by the organization, professionalism, and I never once had to worry about the cake. Nisha was prompt in replying to emails, and after I sent her photos of cakes that I liked she came up with the most amazing digital sketches of our cake. I loved the cake so much that I didn't even want to cut it!!! On top of the gorgeous design, it tasted absolutely AMAZING!! Everyone kept commenting on how delicious it was! Thank again SO much for everything and we can't say enough amazing things! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Laurie M

Just ordered my third cake from Nisha Fernando, it was perfect! I didn't think she could improve on the first two, but she proved me wrong. It was a seashore-themed cake for my nieces's wedding shower. and got rave reviews from everyone at the shower. It was definitely the... Read More centerpiece. It tasted as delicious as it looked. It ended up being even nicer than the wedding cake (which was ordered from another designer since the wedding was was out of sate). I will definitely order my next cake from Nisha!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amanda D

Sweet Delights Cakery was awesome! We had a nice planning meeting with Nisha, who was incredibly helpful in drawing out digital sketches to help us envision what our cake would look like. SHE WAS AMAZING! I Not only was the cake delicious, but it was the most beautiful cake I... Read More have ever seen. It was actually way more beautiful than what I was expecting. I was planning the wedding from out of state, and so I sent her pictures of several different cakes via email. I was very descriptive in what I wanted, and she following it to the T. I received so many compliments on the taste of the cake and how beautiful it was. I highly recommend Sweet Delights Cakery for future brides and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Gayan N

We were so happy we chose Nisha to make our Wedding Cake! She was absolutely lovely to work with and made the planning process easy and seamless. We brought pictures of ideas that we wanted for the design and she drew digital sketches for us to visualize and our cake was... Read More gorgeous! Not only was it gorgeous it also tasted delicious too and we receiving compliments from our guests the entire night. Compared to other local bakeries that we visited the price was very reasonable and I recommend Sweet Delights Cakery to anyone, and I can't wait to come up with another event to get our next cake made

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Priyan W

Nisha was very easy to work with, and went above and beyond what we expected in preparing our wedding cake. We met once to discuss the overall theme of our wedding, and communicated largely by email or phone thereafter. Nisha began sending us potential designs shortly after our... Read More meeting, and we were floored by how well she had taken the potpourri of ideas we had given her, and merged them together into a single composition that not only contained all of the elements we had wanted, but also fit well with the overall theme of our wedding! We were extremely pleased with the final product, and have already begun recommending this vendor to our friends!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Amanda T

Nisha was an absolute pleasure to work with! She worked with us throughout every little detail and had an amazing attitude. Not only was she incredibly professional during our entire time working together she is incredibly talented too. Our cake was beautiful and it was the best... Read More tasting cake I've ever had. Going to any other person would be a mistake! I cannot say enough good things about this woman and her business.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016

Nisha, Thanks for creating such an awesome cake for our twins first birthday. Everything was amazing and delicious!! It looked better than we could have imagined. You were a pleasure to work with, and we will be back soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

Sweet Delights Cakery is AMAZING!! From tasting to the final product at the wedding we were extremely pleased. Nisha is a design genius and our cakes turned out better than the sketches! The quality and taste of the cake is top notch. Our guests are still raving about our... Read More cake. I'm mad I didn't get more. Great customer service, prompt to respond to all of my crazy emails and question. I will definitely use Sweet Delights for all of our bakery needs in the future!

Reviewed on 2/27/2016

Nisha was a pleasure to work with and very attentive. I was very picky with my selections and she was very patient when working with me. She is a perfectionist with her work. I would highly recommend her.

Nisha Fernando

I am the Owner/Designer of Sweet Delights Cakery in West Bloomfield, Michigan and has been decorating cakes for over 15 years. I specialize in designing custom Wedding cakes, specialty cake for any occasion and sculpted cakes. In 2014, I won the Grand prize at the Michigan ICES Sugar Art showcase and my work has been published in the American Cake Decorating, Cake Central, Cake Masters UK, DIY Weddings and Sugar Magazine India and I was also featured in the Detroit Free Press. I also offer a series of cake decorating tutorials on my website.