Sweet Elegance Bridal

Our unique selection of designer bridal gowns combined with unbeatable customer service makes the Sweet Elegance Bridal experience as beautiful and unforgettable as the event itself. Our full-service salon offers exquisite bridal gowns, mother-of-the-bride gowns, bridesmaids dresses, and accessories

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Fashion

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

1652 Church St, Atlanta, GA (404) 292-8424

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Rebecca A

I can't thank Aimee and her entire team at Sweet Elegance Bridal. This place is unsuspecting from the outside and top notch! There honestly is not enough room to give them their due praise but let me try. Sweet Elegance Bridal was the 6th (and last) bridal gown boutique/shop I... Read More went searching for my bridal gown. From the second I walked in I was greeted by some of the friendliest (and beautiful) staff. I answered a few questions on their iPad and was ready to begin my search. I brought my mother, two sisters and two nieces. I have to say they were amazing with my two young nieces (4 and 8 yrs old). This was our last stop of the day so the girls were a little "energized" and not into sitting still. Aimee and her staff were very understanding of their need to let out a little energy so a HUGE THANK YOU for that alone. Back to the dresses...Aimee listened to what I wanted and was ready to style me. The first dress I tried on was a winner. It was everything I asked for (and didn’t know I wanted). Aimee has an amazing eye for what looks good on your body (and actually listens to what you say). Her process of keep one/get rid of one is the best process for choosing a dress. I think I tried on 4 dresses total and once I hit the 4th dress I had a problem: a wonderful problem of loving two dresses. After what probably felt like hours to everyone with me of debating, I finally chose my dress and couldn’t be happier! I immediately purchased my dress. I am beyond excited that Aimee made me feel really comfortable and special and to top it off found me the dress of my dreams. Every other place I went before I only felt “meh” about the dress. This was the first and only time I actually had the feeling of “this is my dress”. And, I owe it to Aimee and her team (I think their names were Leah and Christine). I know I am missing everyone’s name but please know I thank you all! Aimee even helped me find my veil and jewelry. This place is the absolute best.! Not to mention, I recognized another bride at Sweet Elegance that was at another bridal shop with me earlier in the day. She also found her beautiful wedding dress at Sweet Elegance Bridal. This is my advice (take it if you will): Try maybe two or three other bridal salons before you go here. This will help you figure out what you like/don’t like so you can better verbalize it if you are anything like me and don’t have a clue. Also, experiencing other places’ customer service will really make you appreciate the incredibly high level of customer service at Sweet Elegance Bridal. Next, run to Sweet Elegance Bridal and be amazed by the wonderful people and dress options available at reasonable prices! You will not be disappointed! In a nut shell, Sweet Elegance Bridal makes my heart happy.

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Nikki M

The owner took my Pinterest board and upped it a notch after sitting down and speaking to me. It is a super comfortable environment, and the very first dress she put me in was the dress that I chose. You feel like family here. The staff is accommodating and fun to work with.... Read More I'm so glad I bought my wedding gown here!

Reviewed on 2/18/2018 April H

Huge shout out to Jaleesia for finding me my dream gown!!! I went in thinking I knew exactly what I wanted, and she took my vision and turned it into something better. The entire staff was helpful and supportive, and even though we were here past closing, no one rushed us.... Read More Overall an excellent experience, and I would recommend Sweet Elegance to any bride!

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Kacy O

I got my wedding dress here, and you should too!! Aimee was so helpful and picked out the absolute perfect dress for me! I got more compliments on my dress than anything else at my wedding, and I felt like a complete princess!!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Karyn P

I am not sure my review can possibly do justice to my amazing experience at Sweet Elegance. I had visited one other bridal salon prior to coming to SE, and I left discouraged that I was sure I would never find a dress that I loved. The outside of the salon is rather... Read More unassuming, but don't let that fool you- SE Bridal will provide you with a level of customer service beyond what you have ever experienced. First of all, appointments are 1.5 hours, instead of 1 hour, so they can be sure that they dedicate enough time to each bride. The owner herself sat with me to discuss what I wanted in a dress, and she was so warm and kind that I felt immediately at ease. I showed her a picture of a dress that I loved and she pulled it for me as well as two other dresses that she chose for me. This was different from my previous experience at another bridal salon- they let me select dresses for myself that I liked on the hanger/mannequin (a terrible decision in my opinion, because I had never tried on a wedding gown and didn't know what would look beset on my body). At SE, however, Amy knew exactly what would look best on me. The dress I showed her in the picture looked decent enough on me, but when I tried on the dress she pulled for me, it was a showstopper. My mother, my sisters, and I all knew that this was the dress for me. I tried on two more dresses, and then went back to the second dress (the first she chose for me) and said yes to the dress. Amy knows exactly what she is doing and will put you in the perfect dress. I'd also like to mention that the designer I chose was Pronovias, which I don't believe that many bridal salons carry (which is great because you don't have to worry about every other bride having a cookie cutter version of your dress). This particular designer is not overwhelmingly expensive, so you won't break your budget. The gowns are gorgeous, chic, and sexy, although not over the top for a church wedding. I got married a little over a week ago and I cannot tell you how many people (men and women) told me that it was the most exquisite dress they had ever seen. Brides, do yourself a favor and go to SE if you are anywhere near the Atlanta area. You won't regret it. I had 3 other appointments scheduled after SE, and canceled them all because I didn't need to see anything else.

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Jenny P

Amazing shop! After disappointing experiences at two other bridal shops, this was our last stop of the day. My two bridesmaids and I were made comfortable from the moment we arrived, and my stylist Emily asked all the right questions about what I wanted in a dress and how much I... Read More was willing to spend. This is a top-notch bridal salon, and I had a lot of doubt that I'd be able to find a dress I loved under my budget of $1000. Not only did I find a gorgeous dress within budget, I was never made to feel cheap or unreasonable. Emily went straight for the sample sale dresses (luckily samples are close to my size) and pulled out one, and then another dress that was both beautiful and met my criteria. Even so, I wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger on either of them. She asked if I would be willing to look at a dress that was a totally different style than I'd described but that she thought would suit me. By this point, I trusted her, so I agreed, and wound up with a stunning gown that I would never in a million years have thought to try on myself. She even helped style me, so although I wasn't quite ready to decide on accessories, I know what my top options are. I am so happy with my purchase, and highly recommend this shop! A telling anecdote is that we were there for two hours, and all but one of the other brides shopping found THE dress here. Owner Amy is helpful and friendly as well. It's a great environment and was the best possible shopping experience.

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Christina A

This bridal shop is wonderful! After visiting a few other bridal stores, I was impressed with how the owner actually sat down to ask me personal questions about my wedding and dream dress. I went to this salon because I had seen a picture of a dress on their website that I was... Read More dying to try on. I tried on the dress, and it was beautiful. I was able to sneak a peek at the price tag and noticed the dress was way over what I was wanting to spend. The owner suggested another dress for me and that dress ended up being the one! The staff (not knowing I knew the price of the first dress which exceeded by budget) even recommended the second dress for me. It just goes to show that they give honest opinions, and not just try to sell you on the more expensive option (it was nearly a $3,000 price difference). The owner also gave us a few other general wedding tips which came in handy. The dresses are beautiful and the staff is great. My sister is now engaged and we can't wait to return in a few weeks to look for her dress!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Shelly H

The people here feel like family to me now. Amy is like a third mom & her daughter is the most helpful, precious person I've encountered in a while. While they are polar opposites, every trip to SE was nothing less than perfect in every way. Here is my HONEST story for you... Read More soon-to-be-brides out there. NOTES: 1. They legally cannot serve alcohol. Don't let that damper the experience! 2. You CANNOT take photos until you buy the dress, for good reason. 3. Let them cater to you! You can go looking at any dress you desire at other shops. Tell SE your story & let them do some of the heavy lifting. It is unlike ANY salon in Atlanta. 4. They don't pressure you, at all. MY STORY: I went to 7 bridal salons across Atlanta & Birmingham, AL. The 8th, Sweet Elegance, was referred to me by a friend. For whatever reason, they were last on my list to visit. After 7 salons, I was exhausted & super emotional. I had been lucky enough to find a style I loved. Each salon I saw offered a slightly different variation. By the seventh, I was done. I didn't want to go to another. I felt like I had options and wanted to go home. My best friend, mother and mother-in-law convinced me to power thru 1 more, just in case. We drove into the SE parking lot in Decatur. I'll be honest, the exterior leaves something to be desired. It is in a "developing" area of town, but didn't look like the beautiful or cute little houses we had been going to. But, once inside, I was literally transported to some Spanish/French designers showroom. The most gorgeous dresses I'd ever seen, modern lighting & decor and the welcoming presence Amy and her daughter approached me with. "Are you Shelly?! We've been waiting for you! Come sit. We want to hear everything. Tell us your story, how you met? What your wedding vision is? What you have been looking at? Do you trust us?" At first, I was a little overwhelmed. Amy grabbed my hands and wanted to know everything. I was used to walking in & going straight for the dresses that caught my eye. But not here. After 30 minutes of me blabbing on about everything, she took 1 look at the dresses I had been trying on and her face wrenched up. "While you look amazing in these dresses my dear, they definitely don't meet the vision of the grandiose wedding you're telling me about! We need to show off your body! Would you be open to me pulling some new looks for you to experiment?" I decided I was good with it. Honestly, I was almost too tired to look at more dresses and I knew that if I didn't like what she pulled, I could always go back to the other dresses. I went from the loose a-line dresses I had tried on, to curve-hugging fit & flair dresses dripping in beads and jewels. There is no mirror in the dressing room, she wants the first time you see yourself to be when your friends & family see you. By the third dress, we were all in tears, imagining my groom seeing me for the first time. My family had to pick their jaws up off the floor. It was almost as easy to say yes to this dress as it was to my future husband. I got my incredibly unique alterations through SE. My mom and MIL shopped and/or bought their mother of the bride dresses there. I cannot say enough about the SE team. Be ready for a new & different experience. Embrace it, & schedule trips to other salons so you can see the difference yourself. If you prefer cookie-cutter salons, Sweet Elegance is not the place for you! Best of luck, ask for Amy! Thank you SE for EVERYTHING. xoxo

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Anna H

I've been to 6 bridal shops in Atlanta and this one was my favorite by far. They had by far the the best quality veils, well constructed that wouldn't rip. The dresses range in styles with lots of vintage re-makes and classic styles. I bought a petticoat here for my... Read More grandmother's vintage gown. This was the only place that carried them in a variety of shapes and styles. Great staff and a well lit, comfortable atmosphere. Great selection without being overwhelming.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jennifer R

This place was horrible! I went to visit in February. The younger manager was very judge mental/snooty. The consultant who called herself the manager, asked my budget, what I wanted and turned around to say “ that’s prob not in your budget” . I tried on a few dresses, they do... Read More not let you take pictures or give you the names of the dresses. When I was there, the manager was very insensitive, not knowing my situation, she stated you can face time your father later.....little did she know, it was hard enough but he is no longer with me! It was a horrible experience and they act like they are the only ones that sell top notch dresses! I found my dream dress elsewhere and it’s the same dress she told me was probably not in my budget! Stay away if you want a good bridal experience!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Courtney S

Best place in ATL. Went to a million dress shops, but this was by far the best! My consultant really listened to me and what I wanted. I found the perfect dress, and they made alterations easy! The ladies here were so nice, their selection was fabulous, and they have beautiful... Read More dresses for great prices! Def recommend this place!!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 A R

I didn't buy my dress here but did try on dresses because *several* of my friends bought their wedding dress here. I even went with one of my good friends when she found her dress at this store several years ago and the owner was the one who helped my friend as well as me.... Read More Compared to other places, I felt pressurized at this store to purchase a dress and guilted into feeling like trying to find a wedding dress on a short 3 month timeline was impossible and I should just settle for anything and choose one of the dresses among the ones I had tried on that day because I'd likely find nothing better and these dresses would probably be gone if I returned the next day... It was ridiculous. I admittedly felt anxious and desperate (so she was successful) but when I returned a few days later with a good friend who had seen me in wedding dresses at a different store and said I looked absolutely terrible in the dress the store owner kept telling me was perfect for me. She said it accentuated all the most negative features I have and made me look very slutty. My friend was the rational person who showed me I was falling prey to the wedding industry's pressures. I ended up buying a designer dress off the rack at The White Magnolia (a much, much, much nicer store) that was absolutely stunning! I got so many compliments and the photographs look like pictures from a magazine, a large part due to that dress. I would have regretted that dress I was being pressured to buy at this store. There was absolutely no comparison. Also, wedding planning is stressful enough. There's no need to manipulate peoples' fears and emotions for a sale. Clearly, this store doesn't care about the bride and they just want to make another sale. I wouldn't tell someone NOT to go here because they may indeed find their dream dress (as my friends seem to think they did)... I'd just say be cautious and be sure to bring a friend who won't fall for the coercion. The good thing: they allowed me to try on many dresses. The appointment times seemed to be appropriately long.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Natalie S

This was the FIRST and ONLY bridal shop I went to find the perfect dress, and I FOUND IT!!! I had such an amazing experience and the service was exceptional! I brought along 10 of my family members and closets friends, and the shop had no problem at all accommodating us. I was... Read More fortunate enough to have the shop owner- Amy, her daughter, and another stylist assist me throughout my appointment, and they ALL made me feel so special! They catered to my group from the very beginning. When I first arrived, Amy pulled me aside and asked me my budget and kept it between her, me, and my mom which I so much appreciated. I showed Amy a few pictures of dresses that I liked that I knew the shop carried. Amy said “I will pull those dresses for you to try on, but I don’t want you to try those on first. I was totally okay with that, since I wanted to try on as much as I could. The first dress Amy brought into the dressing room on a hanger - my immediate response was, “I don’t think I am going to like that!” She replied, “Don’t go by how you see it on the hanger, and wait until you have it on.” She dressed me and put jewelry on, along with a veil. She didn’t allow me to look at myself all while she was doing this. I walked out and my group’s reaction was priceless!! They LOVED it! Once I was able to see myself, I KNEW this was the dress I wanted to get married in! I tried on maybe a total of 10 dresses, and still went back to the first one. At the end of my appointment, Amy put me back in the first dress and added the veil and belt I wanted. IT WAS PERFECT! My group and I started crying, and so did AMY! I said YES to the dress!! The ladies at Sweet Elegance were beyond my expectations and made me feel so special! They were so much fun and had us laughing all day long! We will definitely be going back when my sister gets married!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Brittany D

The absolute best experience! This was my last stop after visiting FOUR other "top" rated bridal salons. From the moment my mom and I walked in, the vibe was welcoming and not pushy. Leah helped me find the PERFECT dress! She is so personable and understanding. The owner, Amy,... Read More will make you feel like family. She is so fun! All the dresses were absolutely beautiful and the prices are the icing on the cake! LOVED this place!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Elizabeth T

After going to 6 different stores, I was relieved to find Sweet Elegance Bridal store in Decatur! These ladies know their stuff. They have a great selection of gorgeous wedding gowns for all budgets and sizes. I came in with one idea of what I wanted my dress to look like, and... Read More my stylist pulled a different dress for me to try that I absolutely loved and ended up going with for my special day! The ladies here are never pushy, and treat all customers with the utmost care and respect. I had two of my friends buy their dresses here at this store after recommended Sweet Elegance to them. Interesting fact: the owners travel to Spain and Italy at least three times a year to hand select some of the beautiful gowns they have in store!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Juliana N

I highly recommend this bridal store. The consultants are extremely attentive, friendly, and truly care about their clients. I want to specifically thank Emily for helping me find my dream dress. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Rachael D

After a few lukewarm experiences at other bridal shops in Atlanta I am so happy to say I found Nancy at Sweet Elegance bridal. The day I went to try on my dress was very fun and easy. Unlike some other stores, Nancy made trying on super easy, she brought everything to the... Read More room and humored my family at the same time. She made me feel comfortable even though I was almost completely naked. She buttoned, tied, laced, and zipped dresses quickly like a pro. Loved every minute of it. She was a stickler about NO photos though (until you buy the gown). I ended up getting a Pronovias gown and I had their recommended seamstress Valentina add custom straps for me. I ordered extra lace and netting from the designer, Nancy facilitated this and got in contact with them directly so I would get my fabric on time. What a hero! Sometimes the shop was very busy and I would have to call back, but the personal attention is worth it. They are like a family in that shop! Thank you ladies for making something that could be stressful be very fun!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Kim T

I had the best experience at this bridal shop. They were so welcoming and Nancy made me feel so at ease. She pulled dresses that I would never have chosen for myself but they looked amazing on. I never felt pressured to purchase my dress. It was an amazing experience and I... Read More can't thank Nancy enough.

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Elizabeth S

I had such a great experience here and would highly recommend it. My consultant was the one to pick out THE dress for me. It was something I never would have picked out for myself, but it was absolutely perfect. Everyone was super friendly and made me feel special, even though... Read More it was pretty busy since it was a Saturday. Great selection, great service, and I even came in under budget!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Rachael E

I can not say enough great things about this store and staff!!! I went shopping to about 7 bridal salons and Sweet Elegance is definitely one of the best!! The dresses are BEAUTIFUL and at a great price, but Aimee and her staff is really what makes this place stand out!! The... Read More girls who helped me were 100% attentive to what I wanted and to my group (they were not distracted or helping other costumers) and they really did understand exactly what I wanted. They pulled dresses I immediately loved! However, I realized I had my mind set on a dress at another store, but I so wish I could have bought a dress from sweet elegance because they were so AMAZING. And Aimee (the owner), was incredible, even though she knew I had decided on another dress at another store, she did not treat me any differently she actually gave me some very helpful dress advice - how I should alter it etc.! I will definitely be bringing all my future bride friends here!!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 April J

A must-visit when you are shopping for your gown! We went to about 6 places around Atlanta, and had the best experience with Amy and team at Sweet Elegance throughout the process. My mom & I went the first time and really had no idea what I wanted. Amy asked me a few questions,... Read More then asked that I trust her & brought me a few gowns to test out. Based off my response, she would eliminate and keep the favorite, requiring a choice each time, which really helped narrow down! She would take in to account what I liked, and bring more until we got to the one ... and we did get to the one on the first visit! We didn't buy that day, as I really didn't expect to love that style, so we shopped around. We kept circling back to the gown at Sweet Elegance, not only bc it was gorgeous, but bc Amy and her whole staff helped make me feel my prettiest, sexiest, & most beautiful! On our trip back to try it on again, we added an amazing lace jacket and everyone cried ... including strangers shopping for their gown, who waited until I had tried on all options before leaving bc they wanted to make sure I picked "my gown." I did, and it truly was amazing on the big day! I saw those ladies a few months later at the Peachtree Road Race and they remembered me! Said they had talked about the dress & how perfect it was, hoping I had bought it - what a nice compliment! My mother also got her dress here, and was truly stunning! Mom is only 5'2", but wanted a long dress to match the elegance of mine for a fall wedding, & Amy helped us find the perfect dress to enhance mom's figure & make her feel her most beautiful. It was navy & perfection! We got some coordinating navy dresses for my bridesmaids and ordered everything! I highly recommend Sweet Elegance, so many dresses & price options. Just make sure to book an appt bc they get booked up, & hard to adjust bc of the time they dedicate to you when you are there. Prices are very reasonable. You'll love it!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Kalyn G

I attended a Sample Sale there and found my dream dress. It wasn't something I would have even tried on before, but when I saw it from window- I knew it was perfect. A couple girls followed me around the store hoping I would set it down. The experience was great and the owner... Read More (can't remember her name off the top of my head) was so sweet and helpful. So thankful we attended this wonderful event!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Chiara D

All I have to say is that this place reminded me of a cattle call! They don't give you the names of the dresses or designers and when you are making such a big choice that concept infuriates me. It was a waste of my time to go to a place that would not let me go home and analyze... Read More the dress. It takes the business model of buy now and would not give you did not. Do not recommend

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Mary C

Fantastic service,before and after the wedding. I highly recommend this store is the best bridal store in Atlanta with the largest inventory.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Doni B

I had the most AMAZING service with Ashleigh. I showed her a previous dress I tried on, I thought that could of been the one. But she listened to what I truly wanted, she found the PERFECT DRESS for me. The Customer Service, prices are SUPERIOR. #WOW #STUNNING #YESTOTHEDRESS... Read More #TeamMitchell8/19/17