Cakes + Desserts

920 N Main St, Ann Arbor, MI (734) 913-2025

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Emily N

If you want a custom wedding cake, that tastes even better than it looks, look no further than Sweet Heather Anne! While they were pricier than other cake studios, it was worth every penny. Heather worked with us to design every detail of our cake and ensure that it was what we... Read More wanted. The cake come out even better than I could have imagined. Heather's attention to detail is second to none. She spent so much time meticulously arranging fresh flowers on our cake until it was perfect. What was even better than the actual design, was the cake itself. They have a great variety of flavors to chose from. I was also nervous about having a fondant cake as the ones I had tried previously did not taste great. Sweet Heather Anne puts a layer of buttercream between the cake and fondant, so you don't even notice that the fondant is there. We received so many compliments from our guests on the taste of the cake. We cannot wait to try our 1 year anniversary cake!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jessica G

Sweet Heather Anne was the hands down, best choice for our wedding! Her cakes speak for themselves and they were fantastic to work with. It was wonderful being part of the creative process and seeing our creation come to live. Also, the flavors offered and unique yet are... Read More appealing to many! Our favorites were the "mexican spiced chocolate" and the "apricot almond" cakes. We highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Jenny C

"OMG THIS CAKE IS GOOD". Apparently I said that very loudly when we cut the cake and it cracked the wedding up. We got the strawberry vanilla and chocolate salted caramel and it was amazing. Guests were raving about it and if I had an appetite at the wedding, I probably just... Read More would have sat in the corner eating cake all night. It was soooo good. They did a beautiful job with the decorating too -- I wanted a multi-tier buttercream cake with a little pizzazz and they created a beautiful gold "confetti" waterfall that was so fun. My guests actually thought it was part of our décor and not a real cake! Seriously, book SHA. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Cloryssa W

The cutest little bakery that ever was! Sweet Heather Anne was amazing! From the moment I first contacted the shop to the day of our wedding, working with them was a dream! And the macarons we ordered were so delicious!!! Highly recommend this bakery!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Cassie L

Delicious and beautiful!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Sarah P

We loved our wedding cake and loved our experience working with Sweet Heather Anne! The cake is delicious and the decoration is a work of art! It was a wow piece at our wedding! The staff is professional and helped us come up with a design that represented our vision! Our cake... Read More added so much to the wedding! Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Monika R

All of the ladies at Sweet Heather Anne are so lovely. Everyone we worked with was extremely helpful and spent lots of time with us making sure our cake was exactly what we were hoping. Heather was so wonderful to work with --she very much helped us come up with a design for the... Read More cake that fit perfectly with our vision and the theme of our wedding. The cake itself was absolutely delicious (all of our guests loved it) and it was also so stunning. Everything about it was perfect! We will definitely be looking for more reasons to work with them in the future.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Mallory W

Our wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous! Heather is a true artist and Kim was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. We couldn't have asked for a more delicious or stunning cake. We will definitely find an excuse to use Sweet Heather Anne again for another event.... Read More Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016

Sweet Heather Anne is amazing. Hands down one of the easiest and most pleasant vendors to work with. They are very responsive to emails, and the tasting experience is so nicely prepared, even my husband was impressed. Our wedding cake was perfection, exactly how we envisioned.... Read More We received so many compliments on the cake... it was truly delicious. I am looking forward to our anniversary cake this year ;-) The ingredients are the highest quality and the presentation of the cake is a work of art... We absolutely loved our cake, and highly recommend SHA!

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Gina B

Incredible Cake! I highly recommend Sweet Heather Anne for your wedding cake! Not only is the cake itself incredible, but they are extremely easy to work with. My wife and I changed our minds multiple times on what cake we wanted and they were very flexible in adapting to our... Read More needs. They were also very independent and required no hand holding on the day of the wedding. They worked very well behind the scenes with our florist in making an incredible looking cake. We can't wait to have our delicious one year anniversary cake later this year. Just another bonus of working with this wonderful company!

AMAZING CAKES!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Casey R

We just had Sweet Heather Anne make our wedding cake and I had a surprise groom's cake made for my husband. Our wedding cake looked and tasted amazing, and the groom's cake was out of the park. She made an exact replica of the WWE Championship Belt, and you couldn't even tell it... Read More was a cake. We had so many compliments on our cake. The flavors she offers are incredible and the frosting isn't too sweet. I would absolutely recommend her for your event.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Meaghan L

From planning to tasting to the big day, we were so thrilled with the Sweet Heather Anne team. Heather is a true artist – she was able to listen to all our ideas and come up with a beautiful, cohesive design/display that 'wowed' us all. Kim was a great communicator and kept us... Read More informed throughout the pre-wedding process. Not to mention how delicious the cakes (chocolate chocolate and lemon raspberry) were! Thank you thank you for helping to make our best day even more amazing.

beautiful AND delicious

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 YihChieh C

Kim was the one who managed all our communications and was incredibly responsive, sweet, and helpful! She made the entire process really simple and worry free. We met with Heather anne during the cake tasting and consult and could tell she really knew what she was doing...had it... Read More down to a science. The cake is the best cake I have ever tasted and the flavors are unique, yet still loved by all. We had so many compliments regarding both the taste and look of the cake. They were so beautiful and exactly what we had hoped for! You can't go wrong with sweet heather anne!

Reviewed on 5/08/2015

After doing some research on cake boutiques in the Metro Detroit Area, we stumbled upon Sweet Heather Anne's. We started by doing a cake tasting with the team and a meet and greet. After the cake testing, we designed a cake which would fit our wedding. Working with Heather,... Read More Claudia and Kim was an absolute pleasure. They were quick to respond to any concerns we had and made the experience fun and stress free. The product itself is absolutely fabulous, I don't think you will find a better shop in the state. The cake was perfect, everything we imagined and more. We also had a dessert table at our wedding which included cookies, cake truffles and macaroons. All of our guests were raving about how excellent the desserts were. Not only did everything taste great but the presentation was elegant. If you have any doubts, take a look at their portfolio and pop in to introduce yourself. I wouldn't go anywhere else, highly recommend!

Wedding and Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Julie T

My Husband and I are truly blown away by the Wedding Cake and the Groom's Cake (which was a surprise for my Husband). Both cakes were pure perfection and we received so many compliments about how beautiful and tasteful it was! The Wedding Cake was breathtaking. The Team... Read More did such an incredible job, I am speechless. It was all I imagined it would be and then some! And the flavors of Apricot Almond and Vanilla Damson Plum were so tasteful!Everyone loved it!! I can express my gratitude for creating and executing my Dream Wedding Cake and surprise Groom Cake.

Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Grace H

I loved working with the team at Sweet Heather Anne. They had just an artistic vision, but were willing to simplify their cakes to my taste. Also, their flavors are delicious and it is apparent that they pay attention to the details. Everything went without a hitch the day of... Read More the wedding, and several guests commented on how beautiful the cake was!

Amazing cake

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jasmine B

I absolutely loved my wedding cake, my husband and I chose to have three different flavored tiers, and all three were a major hit. The cake's decorations were exactly what I wanted.

Absolute BEST!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Kelsey C

We used Sweet Heather Anne for our Favors, Cakes, and Welcome cookies and EVERYTHING was amazing. Our cake was so beautiful, delicious, and exactly what we wanted. The grooms cake was such a hit at the wedding, I think it got as many photos as we did as a couple :) We did... Read More macaroons for the favors and they were delicious and they put them in our custom favor boxes for us, which was a HUGE help. I highly recommend them! Kim was so easy to work with and communicate with, and despite me asking for SO many things to be done, they were true professionals and handled it like it was no problem. I cant thank them enough for being a part of our amazing day!

Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Karla F

Excellent service from cake tasting, designing the cake, all the way to delivering the day of. The girls at Sweet heather anne designed a beautiful cake using my wedding invitations as inspiration. It was delicious!

True Artists!

Reviewed on 3/18/2014 Katie W

Thank you SO much for our beautiful wedding cake! Sweet Heather Anne is an amazing bakery, we will be recommending them to everyone. Our cake blew people away, they were so impressed with it's beauty. If you are looking for a great bakery for your wedding day, or for any other... Read More occasion, look no further! They are absolutely wonderful.

Beautiful and Tasty, Yet Pricey

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Katie K

After completing over six cake tastings, my fiance and I decided to select Sweet Heather Anne as our cake designer. The cake turned out beautifully and tasted delicious but I cannot say working with this establishment was ideal. Though the staff was always pleasant, pricing of... Read More design elements was not up front. It turned what should have been a very enjoyable process, which I had been looking forward to, into a stressful hassle.

Pricey but delish!

Reviewed on 1/14/2013 Liz T

They have the best tasting cakes by far.It literally melts in your mouth. That being said they are expensive. I have regrets about spending too much on a cake. Our cake was 5 tiers and was said to feed about 250. We had 3 tins of cake left over. I think we could or ordered cake... Read More for 200 and been fine (we had 280 guests). It was a very plain looking cake with cute toppers but still plain. However that being said taste was more important to me and it tasted GREAT. They make you a free cake on your anniversary, although I doubt we will need it with all the left over cake in the freezer...They are worth checking out the cakes are so yummy.

The VERY BEST WEDDING CAKE EVER

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Tia S

The cake I choose from this bakery was the absolute very best I've ever tasted. The cake was a masterpiece like nothing I had ever seen. We've been married three months and I still have people calling to see where my wedding cake came from. I had a minor mishap when my cake... Read More started to lean towards the later part of the evening to which the store manager was more than willing to compensate me for. Therefore I recommend this bakery 100% if you want to serve a dessert that tastes just as good as it looks.

Best dessert table!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Carrie L

Our guests are still giving us rave reviews on our dessert table more than a month after our wedding. Heather and Rachel do great work making desserts that taste spectacular and are pretty to look at, too.

EXACTLY what I pictured!

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Nicole C

I first met Heather from Sweet Heather Anne through a mutual friend. I loved everything she made and for years I had wanted to her to do my cake. By the time I got engaged and began wedding planning I had decided I wanted cupcakes but I still wanted her to do something so I had... Read More her do my small cutting cake. After going over many ideas I found two distinct styles I loved and she was able to put them together and recreate the look of both while making them look well together. I was so excited to see the finished work after seeing all the sketches and was so happy when I finally got to see it in person! It was beautiful and looked exactly as I thought it would. I would recommend her to everyone!