Baking up happiness, one bite at a time!

Award winning Sweet Rhi offers unique and delicious creations for your wedding and special events, focusing on individual customer style. We offer wedding cakes, dessert buffets, cupcakes, pies and more. We pride ourselves on using organic and seasonal ingredients. Fresh, local & delivered to you!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Charleston, SC Charleston, South Carolina and the Asheville, NC area (480) 205-2404

Absolutely Delicious!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015

As my wife was planning our wedding while I was deployed with the military, it made me happy to hear that she had found someone who she described as a "wonderful person" to both cater the reception and make the wedding cake. Sweet Rhi made everything stress free for my wife at a... Read More time when things were quite the opposite. When the wedding day came, I was extremely pleased with everything she had done for us and the cake was absolutely amazing. I can honestly say that I have never tasted a more delicious cake.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Jennifer B

I cannot begin to express how amazing Sweet Rhi is. Rhiannon constantly went above and beyond to ensure my grooms cake and wedding cake were both beyond my expectations. Not only was each cake beautifully detailed, capturing lots of attention from guests, but they were delicious... Read More as well. Being an out of town bride, finding Sweet Rhi was truly a blessing. With all the stressors that come along in planning wedding, I never had to worry with her. She is trustworthy, detail oriented, communicates with ease, but most of all a kindhearted person who treats everyone like a friend. I will be forever grateful.

2016-07-14T13:57:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Jennifer, it was my pleasure to work with you on your special day!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Sara M

Rhiannon was amazing! She was always very quick to respond to any questions and was very sweet and understanding whenever we had an unexpected change occur. The cake turned out beautifully and tasted amazing, it was gone so fast! Our guests loved it. I'm so beyond grateful Sweet... Read More Rhi was a part of my wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Jamie B

The most delicious cake I've ever eaten. We did a cheesecake for our wedding cake it was beautiful and incredible!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Ashley R

Rhiannon did a wonderful job on our wedding cake! It was beautiful and tasted amazing! We can't recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Morgan J

Rhiannon is so amazing!! She made my entire desert bar including two cakes, cupcakes,chocolate covered strawberries, cookies, fruit skewers, and macaroons. Her deserts look absolutely beautiful and taste even better than they look. All of my guests raved over her amazing... Read More deserts. I was so happy to work with her, she was so flexible whenever I wanted to change my mind and even gave me suggestions, she even made my fiance a gamecock grooms cake that he just had to have. It looked amazing and tasted absolutely amazing. I would recommend her to anyone getting married in Charleston!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Brian E

Sweet Rhi is top notch. The cake was exactly as we had hoped and looked absolutely amazing. The process of picking flavors and icings was easy and stress free and the pricing was clear and reasonable. Rhi was also very responsive via email and it made any last minute... Read More questions a breeze. We would absolutely recommend Sweet Rhi to friends and family!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Mayci M

Sweet Rhi was awesome. We decided to go with cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake, and they were all delicious. Our guests went back for seconds and I don't think there was a single cupcake left at the end of the night! Rhi was very easy to work with, she responded... Read More quickly to emails and she set the display up at our reception beautifully. I definitely recommend Sweet Rhi for your wedding!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Sara C

Rhi was very easy & pleasant to work with! She made everything so easy with delivering the cake on the wedding day that I had to do virtually nothing but tell her the date and time to deliver. We showed up to the reception and bam! Our cakes were there and identical to the... Read More photos I sent her. She also offered to pick up the cake stands from the hotel where our wedding was the next day so my husband and I didn't have to even worry about it (we only had 2 days together after our wedding due to me having to return to Korea on military orders--so this was especially appreciated!) Also, I thought her prices were very fair--I priced the same exact cakes somewhere else before finding Rhi, and they wanted nearly double rhi's quote! I just couldn't afford that, and I knew what the cakes should cost, and she was right in that ballpark :) Thanks for everything Rhi!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Lisa W

The food was amazing and the service/delivery was excellent. I would definitely recommend and would use her again in a minute.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Shanna R

Our cake was way better then what we expected from the decore to the style we wanted. Our combinations of frosting, cake filling and cake flavor was so delicious. I'm so grateful that I was able to take more home and enjoy it for a week after our wedding! Thank you so much Sweet... Read More Rhi!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nikki Z

Rhiannon was absolutely wonderful! When taste testing her delicious cupcakes she informed me that she could actually make a red velvet cake but in purple!! I was so excited that she took our wedding theme and colors into account and personalized our cake to us! She even found us... Read More the perfect little ceramic blue birds of happiness to use as our topper along with a gold ribbon, to go along with our fairytale theme. (like cinderella!) Rhiannon was on top of keeping communication lines open, as we were planning our Charleston wedding from Charlotte, NC. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a delicious cake AND a wonderful professional baker! Thanks Rhiannon! <3

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Haley T

Rhiannon was wonderful to work with! Thank you for making our cake so beautiful and delicious :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Michelle P

Deserves 10 stars in my opinion :) My husband and his family have some crazy food allergies and we thought finding someone to accommodate all of this would be impossible. Sweet Rhi to the rescue!! My husband is allergic to eggs (not a sensitivity, an actual epi-pen needed... Read More anaphylactic allergy, so pretty serious business) and can rarely eat desserts (unless we find vegan options, which are hard to come by, even then they are sometimes cross contaminated unfortunately). I'm fairly certain the day we had our wedding cake tasting was a day he (and I) will never forget. Rhi made 5 different options that were all egg-free that he could try! He was pretty happy, and it was awesome being able to see him eat all of these different types of cake he had never been able to try in his 35 years of life! Our entire wedding cake was egg-free and no one had a clue because it tasted the same as regular cake (and it was super delicious by the way!). A few members of his family are allergic to cream cheese and Rhi actually made them a separate little cake so they could eat cake as well (here's hoping our kids take after me with no food allergies!!). Bottom line, food allergies or not, Rhi was amazing to work with and I'm so thankful for everything she did for us!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Brittany R

Rhi did an awesome job throughout the wedding process. We picked a 4 tier cake and she put aside our top tier for us. She was responsive, helpful, and professional. I would for sure recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 jessica l

Rhiannon was AMAZING! We were originally supposed to have our wedding on Oct 7 but due to hurricane Matthew, ended up moving it up to Thursday Oct 6. When I called Rhiannon to let her know of our change in plans she was 100% on board! She was so accommodating! Not only did we... Read More have to change our date, but our venue and the time of our reception as well. She was so amazing with all of those changes. On top of that, the cake was beautiful and fabulous, exactly what I had envisioned and what we had talked about! All of our guests raved about it and we even had a tier left over to bring with us to the hotel we stayed at during the hurricane. We shared with other guests and the hotel staff and they all said it was delicious (and this was 2 days later!). Book Sweet Rhi for your wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Meghan L

I recently got married in Charleston and being from Minneapolis I relied heavily on reviews. Rhiannon was amazing to work with! My fiance and I met her once in person and she came prepared with creative ideas, cupcakes for us to try, and she made the entire process stress... Read More free. If you're looking for someone who truly cares about your special day, Sweet Rhi is a great choice. Thank you Rhiannon!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Emily K

Sweet Rhi was AMAZING. She not only made delicious cake, she was super communicative. Best choice around.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Amy M

Rhi was absolutely amazing to work with! We were greeted with her delicious cupcakes at our first consultation and were sold! Rhi was able to take our vision for our cake and make it a reality. Our wedding cake was stunning and we cannot thank Rhi enough for working with us!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Courtney B

We couldn't have chosen a better pastry chef than Rhi for our wedding last week. I have both a dairy and gluten allergy, and Rhi was able to create a beautiful, delicious wedding cake that looked exactly how I imagined it to be. The macarons and cobblers were also dairy and... Read More gluten free (and absolutely delicious), and we didn't have one morsel of anything leftover after the party! People had no idea the recipes had been modified to account for allergies, and my friends and family with similar allergies greatly appreciated being able to have desserts. I highly recommend Sweet Rhi! She is extremely professional and attentive, and she is a gifted pastry chef.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jackie B

Rhianna did such a great job on our wedding cake and dessert table! She really nailed it exactly what we wanted and was super easy to work with.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Katie R

Rhi was absolutely wonderful. She was super flexible when it turned out that the labor intensive groom's cake I wanted was going to be out of our budget and found a way to incorporate everything I wanted on a smaller cake and cookies. She communicated back and forth as much as... Read More we needed to get every detail perfect, as we were out of town. She is really sweet. I was going to go with just a grocery store cake but found her prices to be even better! Loved working with her.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Ashlee M

Rhiannon is so amazing at what she does!! My husband and I live in Ohio, so when we were trying to book vendors for our destination wedding I relied so much on reading reviews. I read so many reviews for cake bakers, but when I came across all of Rhiannon's awesome reviews I... Read More knew I had to contact her. She got back to me so quickly after I emailed her, her prices were so reasonable, and the pictures of all her cakes looked amazing. My husband and I went down to Charleston a few weeks after contacting her to have a cake tasting and we were blown away by how good the cake was! My husband typically hates cake and really all desserts, but he loved the cake samples Rhiannon had made! He even tried to eat my share of the samples! We both knew at that point we had to book with her!! She was so easy to work with and she made my wedding cake vision really come to life. Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted amazing, it was perfect!! We are so glad we booked with her!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

The cake was delicious, as well as beautiful. We ran into some issues in that the rented cake stand was too large for the table on which the cake was to be placed, but Rhi got it figured out, and used one of the caterer's crates, and decorated it so that it looked as it if it... Read More was intended all along, before we were even made aware we had a problem it was solved. We had raves.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Kathleen W

It was such a joy working with Rhiannon. The cake she made for the wedding I coordinated not only tasted heavenly but was also aesthetically a work of art! I would definitely use her again!

Rhiannon Chandler

Award winning Chef/Owner Rhiannon Chandler, aka “Sweet Rhi,” has over 12 years experience in the food service industry. After studying culinary arts at AB Tech in Asheville, North Carolina, she began an extremely successful career as a pastry chef while nurturing her deep passion for food. She developed her talents with stints at several restaurants around the US, where she had the opportunity to work under world-renowned chefs. Rhiannon is thrilled to bring her business and passion to Charleston, South Carolina, where she can be back to her Southern roots!