2458 Boston Post Rd, Guilford, CT (203) 453-1896

Beautiful & Delicious Cakes

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Melanie S

Take the Cake did an amazing job on our wedding cake. Everyone said it was delicious and it looked beautiful. When I went for the tasting, they gave us a bunch of different cake samples to take home and enjoy in the comfort of our home, which was a nice way to savor each one and... Read More take our time deciding on the right one. They were so easy to work with and I would most definitely use them again for an event.

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Alicia

Our wedding cake from Take The Cake was perfect! Everyone loved it and they decorated it exactly how I wanted. They only use butter cream to decorate the cake but that is exactly what I wanted. The amount of cake that they give you to taste is huge, we got to truly try the... Read More flavors before picking ours, which we chose white choc. mousse and choc. raspberry.

Couldn't have asked for more

Reviewed on 11/25/2012 kaitlin P

The cake was not only tailored to us and amazing, but the service and kindness we received every time we went to the shop was wonderful!

Perfect Choice

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Heather L

Usually wedding cake is nothing to write home about, but in this case it was. My family uses take the cake for birthdays so I was already aware of the quality of their cakes. I met with Nancy who was wonderful and easy to work with. We were having a nature inspired wedding... Read More and wanted a birch tree cake design, they took the picture I had brought in and tailored it to what we wanted with perfection! The design was perfect and the cake tasted wonderful. They let us choose a different flavor for each tier of cake and sent us home with several samples after our first appointment. Another really great thing about this bakery is that on your one year anniversary they bake you a free cake so there is no need to save the top tier. No complaints at all!

hands down- best cake in CT

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Cynthia M

When I got engaged, we had an engagement party. There was no question where we'd get the cake because my family has been going here for years. When we served the cake, so many of my fiance's family came up to me and said that this was the cake we "had to have at our wedding, or... Read More they wouldn't come"!! We had 3 flavors for our wedding cake - all were absolutely amazing. The cake was GORGEOUS!! Simple, fresh, and more or less - perfect. This bakery comes highly recommended - (try just one bite of the white chocolate mousse cake, you'll understand)