Be treated like royalty at Tamzen’s Bridal

At Tamzen’s Bridal, you’ll experience wedding dress shopping like no other. Our passion for gowns, tuxes and bridal accessories will show as we shower you with care during your private consultations. As a family owned boutique, we focus on our clients as if it were our special day!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion Services, Fashion

11 South Hanover Street, Carlisle, PA (717) 713-4628
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Kirsten D

I LOVE TAMZEN'S BRIDAL! I went in one afternoon looking for bridesmaid dress colors. I fell in love with the atmosphere and the sweet couple that owns it. Tamzen and Doc were so very helpful, sweet, and honest. Before leaving, I set up an appointment for my first wedding dress... Read More appointment! Tammy was so excited that she wanted to start right then to help me find my perfect dress. Of course she understood that I needed my mom, sister, and grandmother there so we just talked about what kinds of dresses I would like. A few days later when I went back for dress shopping- this time with my family. My family had heard me talk about this shop and how great it was that they were just as excited as I was to go back. We were greeted at the door with an adorable, personalized sign. We got started right away, and we were able to look through each of the dresses ourselves. After pulling probably 12 dresses, we started to try on. Tammy helps you find your perfect dress by looking at your body type, skin tone, engagement ring, and your opinion. She helps you visualize the dress by adding accessories. Doc even dims the lights to show you your dress sparkle in the spotlight. They let me take pictures in the dress I loved so that I could think about my decision. (My sister regretted buying hers so quickly so I felt I need to wait.) Well, here I am excited to go back to order the dress! I can't wait! All of the dresses in this bridal shop are BEAUTIFUL! I feel like mine is guaranteed to wow my groom and guests! I can't wait to show off how unique and well designed my dress is. And, I get a teacher discount! I haven't stopped talking about this bridal shop, and I would recommend to everyone to start your experience here!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Abby F

We love this shop! My sister and I both got our dresses here. The owner Tammy did our appointment. It is the most personalized experience! We were the only appointment for the day! We did not feel rushed and she made sure we had plenty of time to make a decision. I will... Read More recommend everyone here. They even help to work with your budget. Thanks again for making both my sister and I feel very special for our big days ahead!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Katie S

My time with Tamzen couldn't have been better! She made me feel important and cherished and gave me the exact experience I knew I wanted when searching for my dress! I was happy to find my dress with my first appointment! If you want a personal experience I highly recommend... Read More trying her salon first!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Alexandria M

Tamzen's was the bridal shop I couldn't get out of my mind when I was looking for my wedding dress! It was the first place I went – and the last after a long search brought me back to their doorstep. I was beginning to think I would never find the dress, but the team here was so... Read More incredibly helpful and encouraging. They aided someone indecisive in pruning down the sometimes confusing options until I was left with the perfect dress! I wouldn't have wanted to find "the one" anywhere else.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Katherine Z

I had a wonderful experience working with Tamzen and everyone at Tamzen's Bridal. I am not a huge fan of shopping generally, but Tamzen put me at ease and made the entire experience of trying on different styles of gowns exciting and fun. I commuted from NYC for all my... Read More appointments, and Tamzen was always extremely accommodating with my schedule. I am so grateful to have met and worked with her! The dress was beautiful and worked perfectly with our beach wedding location, and it was all possible thanks to Tamzen's Bridal! Thank you so much Tamzen!!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Darlene d

We had a great experience on the day my daughter-in-law found her dream dress. It was beautiful. It went downhill from there. We choose to order tuxedos from Tamzen's which was the biggest mistake. The sizes were wrong and didn't ship ahead of time as promised. The owner Doc... Read More was rude and didn't take respnsibility. Don't order your tuxedos from there.

2017-07-16T15:33:02 Response from the vendor

This is a perfect example of someone sending in a review who was not the client and not even close to factual information being shared. The truth be told was that Tamzen's went out of the way after Jim's Tuxedos sent tuxes based on the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Madeline B

Where to even begin? This was my third stop with my mom and bridesmaids as we continued to search for the perfect wedding dress for me. Tamzen welcomed all of us with open arms and made us feel at home right away. She had already picked out some dresses based on pictures I sent... Read More her, but I soon discovered that what I initially picked out was not at all what I wanted in my wedding dress. She listened to me discuss everything with the other girls and quietly picked out dresses based on what she overheard. One of them ended up being the absolute perfect dress. She dressed it up with ribbon, a beautiful veil, and a hairpiece which made the whole look unique to my taste. She understood my concerns about the bust area and talked me through different options. I was thrilled to find my wedding dress, but I was equally thrilled to buy it from Tamzen, because she was an absolute joy to work with. She and her husband have a great balance. He coordinated the arrival date of the dress and any other questions we had. They also recommended an amazing seamstress who did all of the work at a very fair price. Overall, I would make the trip to Tamzen's even if you're not local. It is worth your time to meet these two genuine people and know that you're in capable, trustworthy hands when picking our your dress!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Alexis B

Tamzen's was the best salon I went to!! She helped me find my dream dress! She is very personal and does not put you in something you don't want. She also knows her stuff and gives you her professional opinion. Everybody raved over my dress and it made the wedding even more... Read More perfect! Also check out her son, he owns Pencil Me In. He does day of coordinations as well as amazing florals! I highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Megan E

Tamzen's is a great shop to purchase your wedding gown. They make it their priority to give you their undivided attention to help you find exactly what you are looking for. By far the best customer service!

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Callie S

I cannot say enough good things about my experience. Beautiful boutique with gorgeous dresses. Tamzen was wonderful! She gave helpful feedback and ask thoughtful questions that made picking the perfect dress so much easier! Would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Ashley S

I would recommend this bridal boutique to any bride to be! They make everything personal for you from the moment you step in. Each bride gets their own time in the shop and Doc and Tamzen really take the time to get to know you and what your looking for. I went in with an open... Read More mind and ended up leaving with a beautiful dress! I can't thank them enough for helping me to find the dress of my dreams!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Bri B

I can't say enough about how wonderful it was working with Tamzen! I live in Pittsburgh, but my fiancé grew up in the area and his family is there. It was important to me to involve his Mom in the process, so we went looking back in August. I had already been to a few... Read More appointments elsewhere and was beginning to get overwhelmed, but Tamzen and her staff were helpful, honest, and warm people. It was a little too early to make a decision, so I booked another appointment for November. I went to some local bridal shops in between, and I had found a dress online that I loved that wasn't out yet. I called Doc and corresponded with him a few times over the phone as he tried everything to get it in for me before November to try on, which was super appreciated and wonderful customer service. When we went back in November, the experience was just as wonderful as the first time. I brought my Mom, his Mom, and his sister, and I ended up "saying yes" to a dress I had fallen in love with the first time I was in the shop. Tamzen was very helpful with suggestions about belts and other accents to my dress, and my Mom ended up finding her dress as well! I've been recommending as much as possible to people here to make the trip, but if you're already in the area, go to this wonderful shop!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Phylicia B

Tammy and Doc are truly amazing! I made an appointment with Tammy, and had no plans to purchase a dress that day. She was so wonderful throughout the entire process. There was no pressure, we had the entire shop to ourselves for our time, and Tammy made reccomendations that I... Read More never would have considered. I actually went into their shop with explicit instructions not to put me in silk/satin, Tammy said "just try it" sure enough as soon as she put the dress over my head I said "that's it!" She is just the most wonderful person and I am SO happy I decided to go there! Thank you Tammy and Doc!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lauren C

At such a great experience at Tamzen's Bridal! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for their wedding dress!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Katlyn S

I said "yes" to the dress yesterday at Tamzen's Bridal and I could not be more thrilled! When I was looking for a dress, I kept coming back to the same three designers that I loved. There two salons where I live that carried the designers, but I had terrible experiences with... Read More both of them in the past so I wanted to go somewhere different. I am so happy I went with Tamzen's! From the beginning she listened to me and my opinions and didn't force me into anything. She pulled a couple different styles to keep my mind open, but never forced the issue if I didn't like it. It was very important to me that I not be forced into selecting a dress and Tammy was wonderful about that. I am happy to say that my dress is ordered and I cannot wait for it to come in! I would highly recommend this salon and I am so happy it was my first and only stop!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Sara P

I had an amazing experience at Tamzen's Bridal! From the moment I called and scheduled my appointment, I was treated with kindness and respect. I came in with five women in tow, and Tamzen (Tammy) kept them all in line with ease. We were the only customers in the store and I... Read More received undivided attention. I had a very specific vision, and Tammy pulled dresses that perfectly matched what I had in mind. She read my reactions to each dress and perfectly expressed how I felt when I couldn't find the words. We took our time trying on quite a few options, but I never felt rushed or pushed to make a decision or a purchase. I ended up choosing a gorgeous Stella York dress, and Tammy was very careful to order the correct size - measuring me and going over the specifics of how a 6 would fit compared to an 8, how alterations would work, etc. She was detailed and kind and fun, the shop was well organized, and I would recommend Tamzen to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Vanessa O

Five stars just isn't enough, I would give a hundred gold stars. I've been to several salons and it was ok but the second I stepped in I felt the connection. Tammy, Joyce and Doc were thoughtful, caring, attentive, personable and they listened. It wasn't about making a sale with... Read More them it was about the journey to fund your dream dress. I found my dress and at the end and there was so much love from all of them and it's genuine. I have nothing bad to say about any of it. I recommend this place and the wonderful people all day long. Hands down the best place to go with great affordable prices and what an unbelievable selection of dresses.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Laura M

Tamzen's was an amazing experience! I had gone to a number of places prior, and was completely underwhelmed at the dress shopping experience. That is until Tamzen. She was unbelievably helpful and wonderful. She gives her full attention to her clients and makes them feel so... Read More special. She seems to genuinely care about each and every one. I was able to try on anything and everything. I was so lucky to have found my dream dress there! Best bridal shop I've been to!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Samantha N

Customer service is top notch. We walked in and were promptly greeted. As this was my first bridal shop stop, Tamzen was very patient in helping me to decide what styles I liked and flattered my body type. She also encouraged trying on a variety of styles and designers. She... Read More helped put my hair up and put on a variety of veils, hair accessories, etc. She is very knowledgable and professional. Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Zeenath D

The worst service ever. Doc is the rudest person and a very mean person to deal with. He never answered our phone calls he was so rude he swore at me he ordered all the boys suits wrong and my fathers suit completely wrong. He told us that we need to get a seamstresses opinion... Read More to later find out they ordered all the wrong suits then he calls back acting like its a joke. If you can stay a away!!!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Keirsten S

I honestly can't say enough about this wonderful place, and the fabulous people who work there. I was treated right away by Tammy, and she honestly took care of EVERYTHING. I felt as though I was her number one priority the ENTIRE time. She listened to what I was looking for... Read More and didn't try and push anything on me I wasn't in to. She was great with my guests as well. Honesty by the time we left they felt like family. Tamzen's is clothing our entire wedding!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Megan M

I'm writing on behalf of the experience I had with my mom and shopping for her MOB dress. (I live out of the area and bought my wedding dress in my local city). She had met Tamzen and Doc at a local wedding expo, and she won a gift certificate to their store. Upon walking in,... Read More Tamzen gave my mom and I her undivided attention, while Doc gave my fiance and my dad his undivided attention. They were both accommodating, friendly, and obviously knew their stuff. When my mom decided on her dress but was having a hard time figuring out which size she would be more comfortable in, Tamzen was able to work some back-end inventory magic and order another size for my mom to try on in a couple weeks, at no extra cost. Not only that, but they also honored the expired gift certificate my mom had. Talk about customer service--even for a MOB dress! We will most likely end up ordering my fiance's and his groomsmen's suits from Tamzen's as a result. I obviously can't speak to their bridal inventory, but I can tell you that their customer service made for a wonderful experience for us.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Jessica B

I would highly recommend Tamzen's bridal! The whole experience was perfect and the dresses are gorgeous!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Christina Z

My experience with Tamzen's bridal was exceptional. I had three appointments in one weekend, Tamzen's being my last stop, and they were by far the best one I had. I loved so many of their gowns and Tamzen's expertise helped me to find the right one. They focus on one person (or... Read More bridal party) at a time which was awesome to receive their full attention. I would recommend them to anyone and I cannot wait until my fiance and guests see my gown!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Jamie H

What a wonderful experience! I loved working with Tammy and her team to find my perfect wedding dress! She was so accommodating and had me try on so many different styles and colors just to make sure everything was perfect. I felt great and not at all stressed! They even... Read More recommended a great place to get alterations done! We had such a fun time at Tamzen's and I absolutely found the gown of my dreams!

Tamzen & Robert

Tamzen and Robert Sonntag decided to open a bridal store when they began planning their own wedding. Tamzen wasn’t enjoying wedding dress shopping as much as she had hoped; having both positive and negative experiences with both customer service and options. Together they plan to use their experience of wedding shopping all over the world (their wedding was in Austria!) and bring it to the Carlisle, Central Pennsylvania community. They hope their loving spirit and pure enjoyment in what they do shines through to every person they meet along the way!