Where modern ideas meet old fashioned service

Congratulations, you are getting married! We are excited that you are considering our services. We are a professional boutique firm whose motto is "Where Modern Ideas Meet Old Fashioned Service" We offer full service destination wedding services and customize our services to suit you & your wedding. Full list of services https://www.tanisjevents.com/about-tanis-j/services-and-pricing We also offer state of the art draping services for weddings and events.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Charleston, SC and the Lowcountry (843) 847-8478

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Karoun L

We can’t say enough great things about Tanis J Events! We were a destination couple & we thought we’d have to come to Charleston 4 or 5 times to pick out vendors but we followed Tanis’ advice and came in during the first week in November 2015 and got them all done in 3 days! We... Read More couldn’t believe we left Charleston after just meeting her for the first time and had all our vendors picked out. Our wedding day was flawless and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. It was like she read our minds – it was time for toasts & she was standing their with our flutes filled. It was time for cake and there she was with the cake cutter ready to go. Yes Tanis you were right about filling out all your paperwork ahead of time! Lol! We didn’t have to worry about anything all day & didn’t have to talk to any vendors at all. At the end of the night she had all our items ready to go with our parents & two days later we received our damage deposit back from the venue!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Tish R

When I started my wedding planning I was doing it myself but soon realized that I needed help. I did some research and sort out Tanis initially to help with my budget. Upon our first meeting she explained everything in detail and walked me through things I didn’t even think... Read More about. Then and there I knew I needed to hire her as my partial planner. I must say I made the right choice. Tanis did an amazing job bringing life to my ideas and thoughts. She is very organized, resourceful and thorough. She provided a list of excellent vendors and also did research on the list of vendors I found and wasn’t sure of. She answered all of my emails quickly and would find solutions to any problem I had during the planning stages. Planning a wedding is a lot of work and you need someone to help you with the list of things to do and remember, especially coming down to the end. Tanis did everything from set up to break down and making sure everything was taken care of before she left the venue. Thank you Tanis for your time, patience and kindness. We are very grateful we found you to help us with our wedding. Our family and friends can’t stop talking about how beautiful and amazing our wedding was. You did an excellent job!!

2017-01-28T07:49:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Tish! We wish you and Zach a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Whitney A

We don't even know where to begin. Tanis is the most amazing wedding coordinator! We had a pretty expensive vision of what we wanted for our big day, but our budget was not on the higher end for a Charleston wedding. Tanis was able to keep us within our budget and we had... Read More everything we wanted and MORE! We never lifted a finger and she and her husband did an incredible job at making our wedding the best ever! We had so many guests talk about how our wedding was the best weddings they've ever been to! If you want a stress free wedding day, you need to hire Tanis.

2017-12-28T09:51:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Yolanda P

It was a stroke of luck for us that Tanis J Events was available at the last minute for draping. The price was right and the quality was even better. We wanted something to highlight the ceiling and add class to the ballroom. Tanis and her team delivered in spades. She was... Read More able to create a special starburst design that attached to the ballroom chandeliers. The guests are still buzzing about the draping decor. Thank you very much, Tanis! You made our wedding look and feel very, very special. xoxo Yolanda & Phillip

2017-07-27T09:51:58 Response from the vendor

Dear Yolanda and Phillip Thank you for your kind words! We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Jennifer S

We used Tanis J Events for reception draping at our May wedding and we can't say enough great things about the beautiful results! At first we didn't think our venue ceilings would be tall enough to do draping, but I had always envisioned white draping with string lighting to add... Read More that glamorous feel. I'm so glad our wedding planner had recommended Tanis to us. She made my dream come to life and we couldn't have been more pleased. The lighting illuminating from within the fabrics created a beautiful glow over the dance floor, and our guests kept saying how perfect everything looked. We are truly grateful for Tanis and her staff for making our dream wedding flawless!! THANK YOU!!!

2017-07-10T08:48:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy we were able to create ceiling draping for you and loved how it lit up at night.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Kristin J

Tanis was absolutely amazing to work with! She made our venue look and feel like a fairytale. Her draping was everything I wanted and more! We had the most perfect tent draping with a mixture of ivory and white! Thank you so much Tanis! Anyone looking for draping within a... Read More budget... she's the one! Much love, Kristin Stewart

2017-07-02T16:32:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Kristin! We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Teresa T

I can not say enough how much we appreciate Tanis and the amazing work she put in for our daughters wedding! From the moment we first met to the day after the wedding she was on top of every detail. Including details we were not aware of! Her advise and knowledge are priceless!

2017-06-07T13:49:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We wish your daughter and new son in law, as well as the whole "team" a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017

Thank you Tanis for coming through with my last minute draping request. Your work and creativity were stellar. I will definitely refer my friends to you.

2017-06-06T07:45:32 Response from the vendor

Dear Maria, Thank you for your kind words. We wife you and your wife a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Penelope G

Tanis J Events is an outstanding wedding planning company that does equally wonderful wedding draping! They are a hidden gem in the Charleston wedding industry. I would recommend them to any wedding couple looking for a planner who is proactive, who looks out for the bride and... Read More groom's best interest, who can deftly work a timeline, and who can maintain that stress free atmosphere during the wedding. My husband and i could not have planned this wedding without you. Thank you very much, Tanis!

2017-06-03T19:56:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Penelope! We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017

My husband and i had a stress free wedding day thanks to you. We really appreciated the way you kept our wedding timeline on point. We are so glad that we followed your vendor selection recommendations. Everything was outstanding! I do not know why anyone would hire anyone... Read More else to be their wedding planner. You are truly amazing, Tanis!!!

2017-06-01T14:05:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017

I had a feeling that the ceiling draping you did for my wedding at Cedar Room at Cigar Factory would be stunning. I was wrong! It was stunning, exquisite, and breathless! :-) Your draping made my wedding feel extremely classy. We will never forget the endless compliments... Read More from our guests and family. Thank you so much, Tanis! You are a very nice lady!

2017-05-24T08:47:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was beautiful and elegant. We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017

Tanis, you did a superb job of keep me stress free, keeping the timeline flowing, and putting on a great wedding for my guests and family. During our interactions over the course of the past year of planning, you emphasized to me how to strive for excellence instead of... Read More perfection. Now i know what you meant. Our guests are still talking about the wedding. The draping was beautiful and typified my vision of elegance and class. You rock, Tanis!

2017-05-24T08:48:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was excellent! We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017

Tanis was wonderful and provided excellent service. Everything was set up just like our daughter wanted it to be and Tanis handled all details before and after the wedding. I would definitely use her again and recommend her to anybody looking for a wedding planner.

2017-03-20T11:33:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased your daughter's wedding turned out the way all of you hoped.

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Kayla M

We found Tanis J Events by chance on the internet while looking for an event coordinator for our wedding. After one conversation on the phone we knew she was perfect for us! Tanis is very organized, approaching event planning like a project manager. She is creative, yet... Read More practical and is not afraid to disagree with a client or suggest alternative ideas. Every one of her suggestions or changes was perfect! Tanis proofed all of our paperwork, attended meetings and coordinated with vendors as we were out of town, and managed the day of without a hitch. Everyone says that our wedding was one of the best and smoothest weddings ever; we attribute that to Tanis and her husband. Worrying about the wedding was the last things on our mind coming wedding day thanks to them! Honestly, I could go on forever about why you should chose Tanis J Events. She is amazing!

2017-03-09T08:07:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! You were also like a project manager with your prompt responses & detailed information. We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 12/24/2016

Tanis J Events' draping services are breathtaking and meticulous! The owner, Tanis, is well worth the time for investment in your wedding ceremony and reception. Her draping added a touch of symmetry and exquisiteness to the ballroom and provided me with an elegant entrance to... Read More my wedding ceremony. Thanks again Tanis! My husband and i wish you much success in the future. Merry Christmas!!

2016-12-25T18:06:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We wish you and your husband a Merry Christmas and many years of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 12/24/2016

Tanis, your draping services were the best investment at my wedding ceremony and reception. The finished product was fabulous!!! My husband, our guests, and myself are still buzzing about the starburst chandelier draping design and the gold backdrops. You are an outstanding... Read More designer and as you explained to us earlier in the process, "It's all about the details." I will definitely refer you to my friends and other family members in the future. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2016-12-25T18:07:30 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Mariah N

Tanis is AMAZING! These starts don't do her justice. We needed to spruce up Hibernian Hall and she totally transformed the building. We hired her to do the draping on the exterior gates and interior ballroom entrance. It looked magnificent! She was the first person on site the... Read More day of the wedding and was prompt and professional. She is always quick to respond and was a pleasure to work with!

2016-12-23T08:42:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased you were happy with your draping.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Gertrude M

We used Tanis J Events for full service wedding planning and draping. Tanis Jackson is a pro and knows her stuff. My expectations on the vision of my wedding were greatly exceeded due to the diligent and exhaustive work of Tanis and her staff. As she had promised, by taking... Read More her vendor recommendations, we were able to actually stay under budget ($40K) and save $3500. Tanis provided us with modern chandelier draping which accentuated my wedding color schemes. I seriously do not know what we would have done with her. Thanks again to Tanis and her staff

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Gertrude M

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Johnnilee D

I wish we could give Tanis a 100 star raiting! Tanis is full of life and energy. She is so passionate about what she does and you can see it in her work. She is very professional and she knows a lot about the wedding business. My husband :), was not too sure about hiring a full... Read More service planner but after he saw how helpful Tanis was, he was fully on board with hiring her. She is very organized and handled all contact with our vendors. She came with us to almost every vendor meeting and made sure everything went smoothly. This lady LOVES paper work and I think that is great!! She keeps track of all contracts and notes every little detail to ensure nothing is missed!! (This really helped out when we had a vendor who did't show up to our wedding) She even came to help me with my bridal shoot and that was something that was not required in the services I paid for. She did it out of the kindness of her heart. She truly is such an amazing woman and I would recommend her to anyone! She also did our draping and candy bar and they both were a hit!! She's got an awesome sense of style and she captured my gatsby theme perfectly! Thank you Tanis for making our wedding day so magical! Wouldn't have been the same with out you!!!

2016-10-28T09:11:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! I am glad we got your husband on board and wish the both of you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Felicia S

Hey Tanis!  The ceiling draping design that you provided for my wedding was state of the art perfection.  You were very friendly, courteous, and extremely easy to work with.  I cannot wait to refer my friends and family to you for future business.

2016-10-27T08:01:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy you were pleased with your draping.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

I would like to give a big shout out to Tanis J Events! They certainly know how to produce a wedding. Tanis is especially good at budgeting and timelines. My original budget was $60K and Tanis ended up saving us $6K which my fiancé and I used on our honeymoon and for making a... Read More down payment on a home. We will always be grateful to Tanis forever!

2016-10-27T08:14:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We hope you and your wife had a fantastic honeymoon!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016

2016-10-19T17:25:31 Response from the vendor

Dear Helena, Thank you for your kind words We are pleased to hear that you were so happy with our services. We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness. Tanis J

Reviewed on 10/19/2016

I used Tanis J Events for wedding planning and draping and couldn't be happier! We opted for a custom package and appreciated that we were able to customize and get the exact services that we wanted, especially since we had already picked out our venue. Tanis made vendor... Read More recommendations based on our budget and style and then made the appointments for us so we were able to get ALL of our vendor appointments done in just 2.5 days! Initially we thought we would have to make 4-5 trips to Charleston to get all of that done. We also really liked that Tanis gave us her planner discount whenever it was offered and saved us a lot of money. She looked at all of my many pins on Pinterest and was able to help me make selections that fit my vision and my budget and remind me when I was adding too many colors & ideas to fit into one wedding :) On our wedding day we didn't have to worry about anything at all. Tanis supervised the setup of everything, checked in all our vendors and made sure we started on time. All we had to do was follow her lead and I don't think she asked us anything all day, except what we wanted to drink. Her attention to detail was incredible. At the end of the night we left knowing everything would be taken down & accounted for which it was. Oh and the draping! Absolutely beautiful draping that completely transformed our wedding venue! She came up with ideas we would have never thought of. I will definitely refer you to my other friends who are getting married. Thanks again Tanis J Events!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Joy K

I couldn't have asked for a more professional draping specialist! My wedding was absolutely beautiful because of Mrs. Tanis efforts and dedication towards making our wedding day perfect! Thank you!

2016-10-05T07:25:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy you were pleased with your draping.

Tanis Jackson

My name is Tanis Jackson and I am the owner of Tanis J Events. I planned my own Charleston destination wedding from across the border in Canada and understand the stress that comes with planning the biggest day of your life. I love working with couples to create a unique and personalized weddings and have incorporated multicultural and “alternative” ideas over the 100+ weddings I have planned over the last 8 years. My favorite Charleston wedding food is definitely shrimp & grits and I love some cream cheese frosting on my red velvet cake!