Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Brittany M

Tara is an amazing photographer and an even more amazing person! Her ability to make us feel comfortable was a core reason why our engagement and wedding pictures turned out so well. Combining that with her talent behind the lens and in editing makes her the best! We had rain on... Read More and off all day on our wedding day, and I was hesitant to take pictures outside. Tara encouraged us to take quite a few photos outside; and I am so glad she did because they are some of our favorites. We had our wedding at the Priory, which has a beautiful organ as a backdrop; she captured the perfect shot of our first dance with that background despite the low lighting. Tara really cares about her clients and wants everyone to have amazing pictures. Hire her and trust her judgement; you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Staci M

I picked Tara Strictly off her work. Tara is so easy to get along with and truly makes you comfortable. We had her for our engagement session and our wedding and we couldn't of asked for anyone better! She is truly amazing and you can tell she loves what she does. She paid... Read More attention to detail and will do some crazy things to get that perfect photo! We cant wait to use her again in our future!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Anna S

We had such a wonderful experience with Tara for our May 2016 wedding. She was professional, friendly, and fun to work with. We had a pretty rainy day and she worked really hard to make sure we got the pictures we wanted. She was actively taking pictures all day, and blended... Read More seamlessly. My 3 and 4 year old nephews LOVED her! For the quality and number of prints we are getting the price was great.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Ariel W

Tara is the best! She makes you feel so comfortable and does such a good job at capturing moments for what they really are. The pictures that she takes allows you re live your wedding day over and over again. Her up beat easy going personality allows you to be yourself. We now... Read More use Tara for all of our picture needs and she never disappoints!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Sara A

Tara's sweet, energetic and professional personality made our engagement and wedding photos very fun and comfortable. Tara's picture taking ability and editing is stunning and natural. She was able to capture our wedding day just the way we remembered it.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Ben D

My husband & I HIGHLY recommend Tara! She very talented, patient, creative, reliable, & provides your pictures to you in a timely manner. I provided Tara with a list of family pictures & ideas I found on pinterest. She did a WONDERFUL job in making sure she captured all of... Read More them. We will always use Tara as our photographer & look forward to working with her in the future! We can't say enough about her!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Brianna M

If it allowed me, I would give Tara 20 stars! She has such a unique talent and a personality to match. Our wedding photos turned out so beautifully and the video is something I will cherish forever. I highly recommend Tara for your wedding, engagement or personal photography... Read More needs!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Nina S

It's hard to say what I loved most about working with Tara - obviously her talent is unmatched, but I think it's her passion for photography that really sets her apart. She truly LOVES what she does, and goes above and beyond for her clients. When shooting with her, she is... Read More always ready to capture a special moment. As a bride, I was confident that she would not only provide beautiful formal photos on my wedding day, but also the fleeting candid moments that only a true photographer can capture. She is the perfect balance of fun, outgoing, and incredibly professional. I recommend her at the highest level!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Nina N

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Miki B

My husband and I absolutely adore Tara. We fell in love with her photos through a mutual friend, so we hired her to do our engagement session. We knew immediately we needed her for our wedding. We are both uncomfortable in front of the camera and being the center of attention,... Read More but Tara made us so comfortable and we had a great time. You can see the genuine laughter in our pictures. She has such a creative eye on top of being a bubbly and fun person. We enjoyed filling our home with these beautiful photos we will have for a lifetime. We can't wait to book her for our maternity pictures early next year. I would recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful pictures and a sweet person to take them.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erin S

Tara did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding photos! She was very accommodating and made everyone feel comfortable! We were married on August 27th, 2016. She was amazing! She was able to take all the photos we wanted and work around our schedule. I definitely... Read More recommend her to everyone I talk to now. She was also very quick to send us our edited photos for the wedding and engagement photos! We received our photos from the wedding a week later! Truly amazing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kelly F

Can I give Tara 10 stars?! I can't even express how great she is! She's simply the best! She did both our engagement pictures and captured our big day. We just got our photos back and they are AH-MAZING! We could not have asked for anything better. She captured every second and... Read More every detail of our day. She has been a joy to work with and is always willing to do whatever to make sure your photos are the best. We will be using Tara in the future for family photos and any other photos we will be getting!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Brittany R

Tara is awesome! She did our photos in August and they were perfect! She is so talented!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Katherine H

Tara is absolutely amazing! She was our wedding photographer for our wedding in July. She is extremely reliable and talented. Our wedding photos were exactly what we wanted, and her prices were very reasonable. She is also fun to work with, and she is very flexible. I hope... Read More to use her again in the future for newborn and family pictures.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Gena G

Tara was recommended to us by mutual friends and we are so lucky she traveled to our MD wedding from PA! After researching many photographers we found Tara's rates to be very competitive and really appreciated the thoughtful wedding package she put together for us. After an... Read More engagement shoot with Tara the wedding was a breeze- she really made us feel comfortable and it showed in the pictures! At the wedding Tara felt more like an old friend than a "vendor" and our family and friends all remarked how relaxed and calm she was. Tara was very responsive during all of the planning, but she surpassed our expectations by having our pictures ready before our honeymoon was even over! Tara's pictures of our Great Gatsby Themed wedding turned out beautifully! Without ever seeing the Ceresville Mansion where we got married she had an eye for the property and captured amazing pictures that made the mansion a beautiful complement to our wedding. We recommend Tara for your wedding, engagement, family, or personal photography needs!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Katelyn S

Tara added such a positive energy to our wedding day! I felt comfortable during the picture process! She came in while I was getting ready and got right to work - she did more than just take pictures! She helped with my shoes, jewelry and anything else I asked of her! Tara is... Read More professional yet fun, and above all else, crazy talented! I live hours from her and have already told my husband that she will be taking pictures of our children when that day comes! I would recommend her a million times over and if I had to do it again, she would be there!

Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Katie H

We owe a huge thank you to Tara & Stacy from Tara Bennett Photography for helping make our wedding so perfect! Tara and Stacy are professional, helpful, and friendly and have a creative style in shooting photographs! I had a detailed list of moments/images that I wanted captured... Read More on our wedding day and they made sure to capture every moment plus more. Tara was very prompt at responding to emails – day and night. She had great feedback as far as helping us plan the timeline of our wedding day to ensure that we could capture all of the moments that we wanted covered in various locations. The timing was perfect, with a few minutes to spare before the ceremony. Tara was cogitative in using natural sunlight appropriately for our wedding pictures so that pictures came out clear and sharp. Tara also took into account the timing of the sunset and took us outside to capture some beautiful pictures! Tara and Stacy are passionate about capturing every special moment as it happens from various angles. I love looking at our wedding pictures and how STUNNING each and every image is! They made the day more enjoyable by knowing that they were capturing all the pictures that we wanted to one day look back on. I myself love to take lots of pictures and to make sure that everything is captured, so they really eased my fears of missing something by being present for the whole day! We highly recommend Tara Bennett Photography to anyone who is looking for BEAUTIFUL AND STUNNING pictures! Tara Bennett Photography will remain our top recommendation when talking with family, friends, and really anyone who is looking for a photographer in Western Pennsylvania. THANK YOU TARA & STACY! You really helped to make our wedding day so perfect and special for Taylor and I!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Tara did and absolutely amazing job with my wedding and engagement photos. My husband I were married Aug. 2nd 2014 outside at my parents house but decided to do the Sneak Peek photos. Tara was very accommodating and extremely easy to work with. I am one of those people who want... Read More pictures of everything and remember I would look up thinking, "oh I hope someone is taking a picture of this" and there she was. I would highly recommend Tara Bennett Photography to anyone who wants to capture one of the most important days of their lives.

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Amanda S

Tara Bennett Photography was the best investment for both our engagement and wedding photos, August 2012. Not only did she provide images that exceeded our expectations, but she so willingly agreed to travel to West Virginia for both! She was flexible, professional, and very... Read More accommodating to our needs/wants on both occasions. Together with her contagious personality and uniqueness behind the camera she was able to capture natural and breath taking photos we will cherish for years to come.

Reviewed on 7/19/2015

We were thrilled with the services provided by Tata Bennett Photography for our wedding on June 14, 2014 at the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh. Tara was quick to respond to any questions we had prior to our wedding. She was professional, easy going, and just went with the flow.... Read More We loved both the traditional photos and the candid photos that Tara managed to capture both of the bridal party and our guests. She was quick to provide us with a few teaser photos the week after our wedding, and maintained communication with updates of the progress of our photos while she was editing them. I would highly recommend. Tara Bennett Photography for a wedding or any other event!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Lindsey L

We used Tara for our engagement and wedding pictures and couldn't be happier with how they turned out. She captures the true emotion of a moment. Her photo journalistic approach gave us so many different photos to remember our day by. From the little details to family... Read More portraits and candids. Tara is professional and makes you feel completely at ease so that your pictures look amazing and natural.

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Rochelle S

Tara did an amazing job on both our engagement and wedding photos. She is very talented, and we would highly recommend her to anyone seeking an exceptional photographer! We hope to continue to have her take photos for us in the future as well!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015

We absolutely adore Tara!! :) My husband and I worked with her for both our engagment photos and our wedding photos and I can't imagine having a better experiance with anyone else. She captured our day perfectly in every way. She made us feel super comfortable and confident,... Read More with every shot looking natural and not staged. Tara is passionate, friendly and has a fantastic eye for capturing the beauty and sparks between two people :) She truly is a gem and I would highly recommend her to anyone! We plan to use Tara exclusively for all future photo shoots in our growing family!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

Tara was incredible to work with. Incredibly flexible and professional! She did our summer of 2012 engagement shots and then our June 2013 wedding! I didn't know it was possible, but she just made our day easier. She knew what we wanted and just went for it! I wasn't stressed to... Read More get the photos back because I knew she got the shots that I wanted plus the shots I didn't know I would want! They were more perfect than we could have imagined. I can't wait to show my children one day, the work that Tara did for us!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Sherry A

I absolutely loved having Tara as my photographer. We had her do our engagement photos in June 2013. I saw the look I wanted on her website so we traveled 2.5 hours just for her to be our photographer. You can really tell this is Tara's passion. Her excitement after she captures... Read More a moment is priceless. So of course we had to use her for our wedding on November 23, 2013. Again, she did a great job! We recommend Tara to everyone we know who is looking for a photographer. I am looking forward to working with her again.

Tara Bennett

Hi! I'm Tara. A full time wedding and portrait photographer, wife, and mama of three. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, but travel all over for weddings. You can learn more about me on my website, or drop me a line and we can chat!