Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson

Tarrytown, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson

A BALLROOM IN TARRYTOWN, NY

Located in Tarrytown, New York, the Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson invites couples to step back in time to enjoy 19th-century elegance with 21st-century amenities. Set on the beautifully wooded bluffs of the Westchester area, the Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson provides an amazing view of the surrounding countryside. Forbes Magazine recognizes this area as one of the top 10 "Most Prettiest Towns," making for an ideal spot for couples to exchanges their vows.

Mary Duke Ballroom. This room is large enough to accommodate up to 350 guests in a spectacular 19th-century ballroom that brings to mind an English palace. The high ceilings and elegant natural color palate give the ballroom a light and airy feel. Tall windows allow for an influx of natural light or reflection of flickering candlelight in the evening. Elegant uplighting, gorgeous draperies and a sparkling dance floor make the Mary Duke Ballroom an excellent choice for indoor wedding and reception celebrations.

King House Mansion. Providing space for up to 300 guests in an intimate setting, this space allows couples to reign over their very own palace. Built in 1840, the King House Mansion offers a variety of open-air patios and small gardens for outdoor wedding celebrations along with a large interior decorated with sculpted crown molding and elegant wooden architectural features. The art deco lobby area gives couples that ideal location for first-look photos while preparing for their wedding celebrations.

Winter Palace. This room overlooks most of the Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson with huge windows that share that impressive view. High ceilings decorated with frosted glass chandeliers and ornate wall sconces shed warm light on the gleaming dance floor. A state-of-the-art sound system and plenty of floor space make it simple to entertain up to 300 guests for indoor wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Sculpture Garden. This is the centerpiece of the Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson with its manicured lawns, blooming flowers and trickling fountains. Elegant statues accent each end of the Sculpture Garden connected by lovely walkways edged in bright shrubs. An excellent choice for outdoor weddings or receptions with plenty of dancing under the stars, this area brings to mind a classic English garden with dozens of rare and beautiful roses. The garden accommodates up to 200 guests.

The Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson is a collection of venues designed to work together or independently to provide an ideal space for a Westchester wedding celebration. A huge catering menu is available and can be customized to fit any palate. Entrees include delicious favorites like apricot mustard glazed smoked ham and fresh herb-crusted breast of turkey along with vegetarian options if desired.

Complete wedding packages are available and include valet parking, coatroom attendants, a bridal room, votive candles, linen selection, white-glove services and all outside settings for photographs. Packages can be customized to include specialty cocktails and lodging for overnight guests. The venue also accommodates specialty weddings, such as traditional Indian weddings as well as Kosher weddings.

• Special pricing for guest lodging on site
  • Close to restaurants and nightlife
  • Close to skiing, hiking and swimming

What's your idea of perfection?

The special events in your life deserve an exceptionally special venue like the Tarrytown House Estate. For 165 years, Tarrytown House Estate has overlooked the majestic Hudson River—maintaining a legacy of prominence, elegance, and prestige. Today, after an $11 Million restoration, our perseverance

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel

Destination Weddings, Food + Catering

49 East Sunnyside Lane, Tarrytown, NY (914) 591-3129
INSTAGRAM

A Local Destination Wedding Resort

Reviewed on 2/20/2012 Laurie E

From the moment my fiancé and I drove onto the grounds of Tarrytown House Estate, we were smiling from ear to ear. The winding drive up to the estate gives you the feeling of a destination wedding, without having to board a plane. The buildings are wonderfully different and... Read More architecturally beautiful. The sprawling grounds overlooking the Hudson River are gorgeous. And our first visit was in January – we could only imagine how much more spectacular it would be for our Fall wedding! Since most of our wedding guests were from out of town, TTH was perfect, as everyone stayed on grounds for the entire weekend. Throughout the process, our wedding coordinator, Dave Smith, was fantastic. He was extremely friendly, professional, accommodating, and responsive to all of our very specific needs. He was always quick to return a phone call or email, even on his days off. He, along with the rest of the staff, provided 5-star service from the moment we first visited Tarrytown House until the time we drove off to our honeymoon. We were lucky enough to get married outside in the Rose Garden. With green grass, flowers blooming, and the sun shining overhead, it really was a fairytale. From there our guests proceeded down the walkway to the Winter Palace, where they were greeted by servers holding champagne. Our cocktail hour filled both floors of the Winter Palace as well as the outside terrace. With multiple stations and plenty of food at all of them, most of our guests told us they thought there was no formal dinner, or they thought cocktail hour was dinner! Unfortunately my husband and I missed almost all of cocktail hour, but because we had asked Dave ahead of time, they saved us all the leftover food and brought it to our honeymoon suite. Both the variety and quality of the food was just exceptional. Our reception was held in the Mary Duke ballroom, which has old conference-style chairs and heavy velvet curtains; but once it was set for us, with flowers and lighting from our DJ, it looked beautiful and awesome. The bridal suite is up a staircase right outside the ballroom, which is very convenient before, during, and after your wedding. The dinner service was again perfectly executed, and the Maitre’ D was constantly monitoring the event to make sure it went off without a hitch. Things were run so smoothly that we were able to just relax and enjoy the great meal and party. We continued the party at the Cellar Bar underneath the ballroom, which only overnight guests are allowed at – they are strict, and they do check! We also had a brunch the following day for all of our overnight guests in the Library/Sun Porch/Music Room, which was warm and comforting with a lot of delicious food. All of our guests raved about TTH, saying it was one of the nicest places they’ve ever been to for a wedding. I can’t say enough about the staff at the Tarrytown House Estate - from start to finish, they were all wonderful. Everything about our wedding weekend exceeded our expectations and I can’t imagine getting married anywhere else!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Liz S

Tarrytown House Estate was the perfect place to get married. Liz Edwards, our wedding coordinator/event planner, did a truly amazing job seeing to it that everything ran smoothly from the first day we booked the venue all the way through the day after the wedding. Most of our... Read More guests, including us, came from out of town so it was amazing to have everything all in one location. The staff was accommodating and incredibly polite. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. And the food was to die for. We received compliments from almost every single guest who attended our wedding about how amazing the venue was. I highly recommend Tarrytown House Estate. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Erin H

We had an absolutely wonderful experience getting married at Tarrytown House Estate at the end of August, 2016. The estate does a fantastic job making sure you've thought through all of the major details of your ceremony and reception, and they assign you a personalized planner... Read More who will work with you to organize your ceremony and reception setup and catering. We worked with Antonio Martinez, the Catering Planning Manager, and he was great—extremely knowledgable, kind, and there to help us through each of the events we put together over the course of three days at the estate. Tarrytown House also provided us with day-of helpers who did everything from setting up a bridal changing area to holding my wedding dress train as we were taking pictures on the grounds to helping make sure we got to eat some of our reception dinner! They also took very good care of our 170+ guests, several of whom stayed at the estate's hotel for the weekend.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Charly W

AMAZING!!!! We were married just over a month ago at Tarrytown House Estate and we could not be happier with the decision to trust them with executing the absolute best day we could have asked for. Liz was wonderful to us in the months leading up to our big day - she took... Read More her time to answer every one of our questions about the menu and space to help create both a Ceremony and Reception that was exactly what we hoped for. I emailed her MANY times along the way and she was very responsive and helpful by sending me photos of prior events and making suggestions so that I could create the perfect timeline for our day. Sandra was my Bridal Attendant and she was the BEST! My lace dress ripped a few minutes before photos and she was there to sew it in place. She also helped me with my bustle and and continually made plates of food for my husband and I and made sure we had drinks and were well taken care of as we focused on mingling with each of our guests. She took care of moving all of the items my bridal party and I left in the bridal suite over to my honeymoon suite the evening of the wedding, and she packaged all of our keepsake items and had them ready for me in our suite so that I didn't have to worry about anything at the end of the evening. We also reserved the Cellar 49 space for our after party and our guests really loved being able to stay on the property for every portion of our event. Our phones were ringing ALL DAY the day after our party to say what a great time they had. We contracted the Grand Duke package (for a party of 100) and THE FOOD IS AMAZING! We had enough food at cocktail hour to serve a small wedding. The dessert hour and party enhancements were a great way to add a little something special and unexpected treat for our guests. Our photos just came in and the West Terrace and Biddle Mansion lawn are a gorgeous backdrop for photos. They provided a table for our Cigar Roller and a space for a Sinatra Singer as well. They were completely amenable to any customizations we suggested. We know we made the best decision by choosing Tarrytown House Estate. The service is high quality and you will be well taken care of and happy with every penny you spend. Good luck!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Gina F

This place was amazing. From start to finish they made me feel important. When I was shopping for venues, everywhere i sent inquiries to sent me back a general response with quoted prices, and being someone who wanted half of the minimum standard guest requirement, Tarrytown... Read More House was the only venue who asked me "what is it that you are looking for maybe we can work something out" after sending me their standard wedding package and finding out I was not looking for that type of wedding . They were the only venue that didn't force me to have the wedding they wrote on paper and they made my small intimate wedding become a beautiful reality. My wedding was amazing, it went flawlessly because of the impeccable service Tarrytown House exudes. I left my veil somewhere (have no idea where and didnt even notice i forgot it) and when I got to my room that night it was hung and wrapped in the closet, being so involved with my guests staff took initiative to wrap the top layer of my cake for me, and when I didnt remember it the next morning the Staff asked me if I had it and got it for me prior to check out. I didnt have to think, the staff here were on top of everything, there was not one thing i had to ask for or inquire about the staff clearly were proffessionals in what they do. I was stress free on my big day, i had so much fun and everything was beautiful and perfect. This place cuts no corners whatsoever, including handing out umbrellas to my guests, and setting up a pavilion umbrella (classy colors at that all uniform as if it was planned) when it began to drizzle and I told them I still wanted my ceremony outside. I noticed no rain on my day, it was all perfect. Thank you thank you thank you, best day of my life and Tarrytown House made that happen.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Amanda B

Months after, I am finally writing my review and I really do wish I had more positive to say. We were beyond excited to have our wedding here as this venue is truly unique and gorgeous. We were even able to move past the stressful negotiations and contracts at the beginning. We... Read More had an issue at one point with the reservations dept, but they did fix it and Alex was so helpful in the process. Leading up to the wedding, we knew there was a chance of rain on the day and we were pretty nervous about this as our plan was to be married on the terrace of the biddle mansion. The day came and of course it did wind up raining, but early enough where it did clear up in time for our ceremony. However, this is where is just all went wrong. The way Tarrytown House handled this was so disappointing and truly ruined our day. I wish I could give them an excellent rating, but they did not prove their professionalism, responsiveness or flexibility in this event. Other reviewers had met the manager Joe. Unfortunately we did not. We found out after speaking to him that he was there that day however, he never did come welcome us or intervene during our ceremony setup. Our banquet manager caused so much stress between my husband and I that it left us not even wanting to go to our own reception. When rain was in the forecast, she kept coming to us repeatedly asking if we wanted our ceremony outside(even interrupted our first look), but failed to acknowledge our request of keeping it outside. Everything was set up inside and when we asked to move it, we were told there was not enough time and our wedding party would have to help. A wedding venue with a full staff is incapable of moving 90 chairs in a matter of an hour? Joe admitted this was a mistake on their part and offered us a partial refund but it was not enough considering it ruined our wedding day. I caution other brides to be VERY upfront and forceful with what they want. No one should have felt the way we did on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Ally S

It's almost a year since our wedding at the Tarrytown House and we still have family and friends raving about the venue. The location is obviously beautiful and historic, and, for us, it had the added perk of being conveniently located for both of our families. Here are some... Read More main takeaways, in hopes they can help you with your selection: Outstanding: - Staff that helped plan our wedding (notably Antonio and Liz). They were accessible via email ahead of time and very accommodating the weekend of. - Options; the folks at the Tarrytown House are pros at making sure your wedding is suited for you (For example, I was worried about getting married outside because of temperamental weather in August and there was always an indoor option. Also, the flow of our wedding from area-to-area worked out exactly as we hoped for.) - Food (I eat salmon now because of the salmon served at my wedding). Constructive Criticism: - I found the event department easier to work with than the accommodations department for our room block. - There was one policy that changed after our contract was signed and I was disappointed the old policy wasn't grandfathered in. (To be fair, staff worked with us for another after-hours option). - Because the location is historic, there are more stringent rules about vendors, outside food etc. Overall, I would recommend the Tarrytown House and am very happy we decided to get married there.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Ally S

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Leigh K

Our wedding at the Tarrytown House was truly one of a kind. Thank you to Antonio and Liz. It was the best day of my life. You guys are so patient, kind and loving. I could not have asked for a better team to help with this wedding planning process. Tarrytown House is a very... Read More special place. We are so grateful! Highly recommend!

The Tarrytown House Estate was wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 Sarah K

The Tarrytown House Estate was wonderful! We worked with Liz and Antonio and they were awesome! They were both extremely helpful and responsive. They were easy to talk to and a calming presence the day of our wedding. All of our guests are still talking about how great the food... Read More was for both the rehearsal and the reception. The service was exceptional. We are so happy and couldn't not have asked for a move perfect experience.

Venue is beautiful

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Cristina

Tarrytown is a BEAUTIFUL location. The setting is gorgeous. The food was amazing. I did have issues with the actually contract and warn everyone to read the contract thoroughly and make sure everything promised is written in the contract. Also the day of the wedding the... Read More staff was not very helpful when there was confusion with table arrangements. Also several of my guests had specific dietary needs that I made clear ahead of time that were not followed (for example my mother has a nut allergy and her salad had nuts on it anyway). I would highly suggest the location but just caution everyone to be very specific in all contracts.

Great venue for an unforgettable wedding!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Lakshmi S

Truly spectacular. Even thought our wedding was rained in, and all indoors, the guests were simply amazed at how stunning tarrytown house was. Amanda did a great job coordinating with all the vendors to make it a stress free day =)

Beautiful setting and excellent food!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Christine G

We had our ceremony and reception here. The setting is beautiful and guests raved about the food! We were planning the wedding from out of state and the staff was very accommodating. They have lots of experience with their recommended local vendors so the whole day was... Read More seamless.

Horrible

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Ellen C

HORRIBLE!!!!!! Beyond disgusted with management and staff. I have lived in tarrytown my whole life and I can not even believe the way we were treated like criminals. Security circles around you from the minute you arrive at the after party. Bar staff was rude and you could... Read More tell had no desire to be there. I know they have had changes in management but if they hope to last they better hire some capable management teams ASAP. It's almost like they don't want to do weddings which is fine but not after we have paid and entered a contract for a service. Good thing I live in tarrytown we will never use or recommend this establishment again for corporate or pleasure events. For someone that had the rehearsal dinner,wedding,after party,and brunch in addition to multiple rooms, at a loss of words for the lack of professionalism and down right lack of service that was agreed upon I would recommend looking else were if you want what you pay for and an enjoyable night. Thank god for my amazing vendors that made my night amazing despite the horrible venue.

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 5/13/2013 Jessica Bay B

Tarrytown House was a beautiful venue for our wedding. After a lot of searching it seemed the perfect place for our ceremony cocktail hour and reception. The majority of everything we had to do was very organized and timely. They were really good with communication the entire... Read More planning time. Reservations were a little hard because their reservation line is sometimes closed. There were a few things that I wanted to do myself the morning of my wedding but I was assured that Tarrytown would take care of it and that I shouldn't worry however those couple things that I really wanted to do myself did not happen the way I wanted them to and I wished I would have followed my gut and just done them. We couldn't have asked for better weather wedding day and all of our guests loved the hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Overall we were really happy with the venue though it was pretty pricey especually because we also brought in our own caterer.

Excellent wedding venue!

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Michelle M

The Tarrytown House had amazing service. From the minute we started the planning process, right through breakfast the next morning, they had all the details covered. The reception was flawless and I did not hear one negative comment about our day. Dave was fabulous.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Danielle C

They did everything perfectly, Amanda was awesome to work with; and paid attention to every single detail (and there were a lot).

Not easy to work with

Reviewed on 7/29/2012 Marcie V

As a bride there are many things to organize while trying to stick to a budget. The Tarrytown House seemed like the perfect place. Everything was right on the premise and the place is beautiful. We had a wedding of 300 people and they were not willing to work with us what so... Read More ever. After all the add ons we included, the 167 rooms we booked there, the rehearsal dinner, and breakfast we had there for that weekend they would not even budge on giving us anything! They gave us a room for the night of our wedding but when asked if they would give us the room on Friday night as well ($169) they refused and said thats not policy. We spent $95 a head for the rehearsal dinner, $305 a head for the wedding, and $35 a head for breakfast. After all that i thought asking for a $169 room wouldn't be a big deal. We all asked to have a tv placed in the room for a video montage. It wasn't until Friday (the day before the wedding) when i handed over the flash drive full of pictures that i was told the TV was broken and i could use their AV team who is contracted out from the Tarrytown House for a small cost. Something that was supposed to be included. The day of the wedding the cake was put out in the room in the middle of a heat wave 6 hours before the reception. The cake started to melt and the tiers were falling when my photographer got someone to move it back in to the fridge! The place is beautiful and does have a lot to offer, including great food. Just don't expect to "make a deal" and make sure you keep on everyone that is running your wedding or things will more then likely slip through the cracks

Fabulous venue, terrific staff

Reviewed on 12/18/2011 Marita P

Having my wedding at the Tarrytown House Estate was pretty much a fairytale. We had a beautiful Saturday day wedding in November and were able to have the ceremony outside, which allowed a view of the Hudson River. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff is fantastic. Their... Read More professionalism and attention to detail exceeded my expectations.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2011 Lauren R

The Tarrytown House Estate is truly amazing,we had our dream wedding! The Tarrytown House Estate offered all the we were looking for and more, beautiful views and grounds, option for cocktail hour outside on a gorgeous terrace or inside in the many quaint rooms, a two level... Read More reception area surrounded by windows over looking the beautiful landscape and an amazing catering manager to work with with the bonus of a hotel on site for our guests. They catered to our every need and more, staff was extremely professional and made our wedding the perfect day we hoped for. We HIGHLY recommend!!!

Fairy tale wedding

Reviewed on 5/29/2011 Jessica Y

This venue is not only beautiful, but the staff is amazing and helpful, especially Dave! We got married a month ago and are STILL getting compliments on the venue!

Wedding bliss in Tarrytown

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Katherine K

my husband and I had our wedding reception in historic Tarrytown House Estate in May 28, 2010. A beautiful estate, my guests were immediately impressed the moment they first drive throug the curved uphill driveway. The staff were wonderful, giving me and my husband plenty of... Read More attention. A big hug to our weding host, Dave S., who acted as our reception coordinator. The food was delicious and in large amounts, everyone was full before the cake was served. Cocktail choices included from varying types, to list a few...such as hotdogs (to show my out of towners a NY side), roastbeef sandwiches, deviled eggs with caviar, taste of Sangria, lemonades and open bars. There is a whole lot more that I could not list here, but check the menu and you'll go crazy just choosing all those mouthwatering foods! We had the cocktail reception at their outside garden area, and moved the party indoors at the large ballroom for dinner. Everyone raved about their meals, it was indeed 2 thumbs up! The only beef my guests had about the meals was that the wait staff were quick in taking the plates away while they were not yet done but were out on the dancefloor dancing. We continued the party way after the event to the Cellar which is located beneath the Mansion. Only guests that were staying in the estate hotel can get in though. They were also very strict regarding noise due to the estate located in a residential neighborhood. Overall, I had a wonderful experience having my wedding reception at Tarrytow House. From the first meeting with Dave to the last day we left, they have given us their full attention and service to the hilt. We even forgot the top of our cake and called them 2 days after, they have the cake in their freezer and kept it till we got the chance to pick it up. :-) My husband and I are already planning on staying there on our anniversaries. We stayed at the King mansion and it was gorgeous. Till now everyone still talk about our wedding and how Tarrytown Estate provided a beautiful backdrop to a wonderful day!

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/24/2010 Jennifer G

I loved having my wedding here. It was a fairytale wedding. More then I expected. They were amazing. They understood me and my guests. They rearranged dinner to give us plenty of time to dance. They took care of me when I was overheating in my heavy dress. They were above and... Read More beyond. I was happy. It was expensive, but worth every cent! And more.

Excellent venue and excellent service

Reviewed on 8/18/2010 Shana C

Our many out of town guests who had never been to this area raved about how beautiful the property was. The food, service, accomodations/lodging, and beauty in the property made this the perfect choice for our wedding!

All went Smoothly on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/29/2010

The grounds and space are lovely, the service attentive, and everyone had a delicious meal. My only complaint is that we had a number of plates that were paid for (at a considerably high price), that they insisted they would Not put aside for us. It would have been nice for a... Read More few of us to not to have to worry about dinner the following night and to be able to enjoy a meal we didn't have time to the night of. Or, at the least to know that these plates and other left overs were donated. Same with our flowers, none of which were to be found the next day. I don't think it's too much to ask for us to be able to enjoy that which we paid for. Also, I found it tacky that we were charged for our full meal when deciding on the venue (since we would otherwise be tasting their food only a month or two before the wedding). I feel that putting the dinner towards the wedding would have been a nice token of appreciation. So, on the whole a wonderful experience, but the establishment would do well not be so penny-wise with patrons who are spending 10s of thousands of dollars at there location.