Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson

Destination Weddings, Food + Catering

49 East Sunnyside Lane, Tarrytown, NY

A Local Destination Wedding Resort

Reviewed on 2/20/2012 Laurie E

From the moment my fiancé and I drove onto the grounds of Tarrytown House Estate, we were smiling from ear to ear. The winding drive up to the estate gives you the feeling of a destination wedding, without having to board a plane. The buildings are wonderfully different and... Read More architecturally beautiful. The sprawling grounds overlooking the Hudson River are gorgeous. And our first visit was in January – we could only imagine how much more spectacular it would be for our Fall wedding! Since most of our wedding guests were from out of town, TTH was perfect, as everyone stayed on grounds for the entire weekend. Throughout the process, our wedding coordinator, Dave Smith, was fantastic. He was extremely friendly, professional, accommodating, and responsive to all of our very specific needs. He was always quick to return a phone call or email, even on his days off. He, along with the rest of the staff, provided 5-star service from the moment we first visited Tarrytown House until the time we drove off to our honeymoon. We were lucky enough to get married outside in the Rose Garden. With green grass, flowers blooming, and the sun shining overhead, it really was a fairytale. From there our guests proceeded down the walkway to the Winter Palace, where they were greeted by servers holding champagne. Our cocktail hour filled both floors of the Winter Palace as well as the outside terrace. With multiple stations and plenty of food at all of them, most of our guests told us they thought there was no formal dinner, or they thought cocktail hour was dinner! Unfortunately my husband and I missed almost all of cocktail hour, but because we had asked Dave ahead of time, they saved us all the leftover food and brought it to our honeymoon suite. Both the variety and quality of the food was just exceptional. Our reception was held in the Mary Duke ballroom, which has old conference-style chairs and heavy velvet curtains; but once it was set for us, with flowers and lighting from our DJ, it looked beautiful and awesome. The bridal suite is up a staircase right outside the ballroom, which is very convenient before, during, and after your wedding. The dinner service was again perfectly executed, and the Maitre’ D was constantly monitoring the event to make sure it went off without a hitch. Things were run so smoothly that we were able to just relax and enjoy the great meal and party. We continued the party at the Cellar Bar underneath the ballroom, which only overnight guests are allowed at – they are strict, and they do check! We also had a brunch the following day for all of our overnight guests in the Library/Sun Porch/Music Room, which was warm and comforting with a lot of delicious food. All of our guests raved about TTH, saying it was one of the nicest places they’ve ever been to for a wedding. I can’t say enough about the staff at the Tarrytown House Estate - from start to finish, they were all wonderful. Everything about our wedding weekend exceeded our expectations and I can’t imagine getting married anywhere else!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Liz S

Tarrytown House Estate was the perfect place to get married. Liz Edwards, our wedding coordinator/event planner, did a truly amazing job seeing to it that everything ran smoothly from the first day we booked the venue all the way through the day after the wedding. Most of our... Read More guests, including us, came from out of town so it was amazing to have everything all in one location. The staff was accommodating and incredibly polite. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. And the food was to die for. We received compliments from almost every single guest who attended our wedding about how amazing the venue was. I highly recommend Tarrytown House Estate. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Erin H

We had an absolutely wonderful experience getting married at Tarrytown House Estate at the end of August, 2016. The estate does a fantastic job making sure you've thought through all of the major details of your ceremony and reception, and they assign you a personalized planner... Read More who will work with you to organize your ceremony and reception setup and catering. We worked with Antonio Martinez, the Catering Planning Manager, and he was great—extremely knowledgable, kind, and there to help us through each of the events we put together over the course of three days at the estate. Tarrytown House also provided us with day-of helpers who did everything from setting up a bridal changing area to holding my wedding dress train as we were taking pictures on the grounds to helping make sure we got to eat some of our reception dinner! They also took very good care of our 170+ guests, several of whom stayed at the estate's hotel for the weekend.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Ally S

It's almost a year since our wedding at the Tarrytown House and we still have family and friends raving about the venue. The location is obviously beautiful and historic, and, for us, it had the added perk of being conveniently located for both of our families. Here are some... Read More main takeaways, in hopes they can help you with your selection: Outstanding: - Staff that helped plan our wedding (notably Antonio and Liz). They were accessible via email ahead of time and very accommodating the weekend of. - Options; the folks at the Tarrytown House are pros at making sure your wedding is suited for you (For example, I was worried about getting married outside because of temperamental weather in August and there was always an indoor option. Also, the flow of our wedding from area-to-area worked out exactly as we hoped for.) - Food (I eat salmon now because of the salmon served at my wedding). Constructive Criticism: - I found the event department easier to work with than the accommodations department for our room block. - There was one policy that changed after our contract was signed and I was disappointed the old policy wasn't grandfathered in. (To be fair, staff worked with us for another after-hours option). - Because the location is historic, there are more stringent rules about vendors, outside food etc. Overall, I would recommend the Tarrytown House and am very happy we decided to get married there.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Ally S

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Leigh K

Our wedding at the Tarrytown House was truly one of a kind. Thank you to Antonio and Liz. It was the best day of my life. You guys are so patient, kind and loving. I could not have asked for a better team to help with this wedding planning process. Tarrytown House is a very... Read More special place. We are so grateful! Highly recommend!

The Tarrytown House Estate was wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 Sarah K

The Tarrytown House Estate was wonderful! We worked with Liz and Antonio and they were awesome! They were both extremely helpful and responsive. They were easy to talk to and a calming presence the day of our wedding. All of our guests are still talking about how great the food... Read More was for both the rehearsal and the reception. The service was exceptional. We are so happy and couldn't not have asked for a move perfect experience.

Venue is beautiful

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Cristina

Tarrytown is a BEAUTIFUL location. The setting is gorgeous. The food was amazing. I did have issues with the actually contract and warn everyone to read the contract thoroughly and make sure everything promised is written in the contract. Also the day of the wedding the... Read More staff was not very helpful when there was confusion with table arrangements. Also several of my guests had specific dietary needs that I made clear ahead of time that were not followed (for example my mother has a nut allergy and her salad had nuts on it anyway). I would highly suggest the location but just caution everyone to be very specific in all contracts.

Great venue for an unforgettable wedding!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Lakshmi S

Truly spectacular. Even thought our wedding was rained in, and all indoors, the guests were simply amazed at how stunning tarrytown house was. Amanda did a great job coordinating with all the vendors to make it a stress free day =)

Beautiful setting and excellent food!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Christine G

We had our ceremony and reception here. The setting is beautiful and guests raved about the food! We were planning the wedding from out of state and the staff was very accommodating. They have lots of experience with their recommended local vendors so the whole day was... Read More seamless.

Horrible

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Ellen C

HORRIBLE!!!!!! Beyond disgusted with management and staff. I have lived in tarrytown my whole life and I can not even believe the way we were treated like criminals. Security circles around you from the minute you arrive at the after party. Bar staff was rude and you could... Read More tell had no desire to be there. I know they have had changes in management but if they hope to last they better hire some capable management teams ASAP. It's almost like they don't want to do weddings which is fine but not after we have paid and entered a contract for a service. Good thing I live in tarrytown we will never use or recommend this establishment again for corporate or pleasure events. For someone that had the rehearsal dinner,wedding,after party,and brunch in addition to multiple rooms, at a loss of words for the lack of professionalism and down right lack of service that was agreed upon I would recommend looking else were if you want what you pay for and an enjoyable night. Thank god for my amazing vendors that made my night amazing despite the horrible venue.

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 5/13/2013 Jessica Bay B

Tarrytown House was a beautiful venue for our wedding. After a lot of searching it seemed the perfect place for our ceremony cocktail hour and reception. The majority of everything we had to do was very organized and timely. They were really good with communication the entire... Read More planning time. Reservations were a little hard because their reservation line is sometimes closed. There were a few things that I wanted to do myself the morning of my wedding but I was assured that Tarrytown would take care of it and that I shouldn't worry however those couple things that I really wanted to do myself did not happen the way I wanted them to and I wished I would have followed my gut and just done them. We couldn't have asked for better weather wedding day and all of our guests loved the hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Overall we were really happy with the venue though it was pretty pricey especually because we also brought in our own caterer.

Excellent wedding venue!

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Michelle M

The Tarrytown House had amazing service. From the minute we started the planning process, right through breakfast the next morning, they had all the details covered. The reception was flawless and I did not hear one negative comment about our day. Dave was fabulous.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Danielle C

They did everything perfectly, Amanda was awesome to work with; and paid attention to every single detail (and there were a lot).

Not easy to work with

Reviewed on 7/29/2012 Marcie V

As a bride there are many things to organize while trying to stick to a budget. The Tarrytown House seemed like the perfect place. Everything was right on the premise and the place is beautiful. We had a wedding of 300 people and they were not willing to work with us what so... Read More ever. After all the add ons we included, the 167 rooms we booked there, the rehearsal dinner, and breakfast we had there for that weekend they would not even budge on giving us anything! They gave us a room for the night of our wedding but when asked if they would give us the room on Friday night as well ($169) they refused and said thats not policy. We spent $95 a head for the rehearsal dinner, $305 a head for the wedding, and $35 a head for breakfast. After all that i thought asking for a $169 room wouldn't be a big deal. We all asked to have a tv placed in the room for a video montage. It wasn't until Friday (the day before the wedding) when i handed over the flash drive full of pictures that i was told the TV was broken and i could use their AV team who is contracted out from the Tarrytown House for a small cost. Something that was supposed to be included. The day of the wedding the cake was put out in the room in the middle of a heat wave 6 hours before the reception. The cake started to melt and the tiers were falling when my photographer got someone to move it back in to the fridge! The place is beautiful and does have a lot to offer, including great food. Just don't expect to "make a deal" and make sure you keep on everyone that is running your wedding or things will more then likely slip through the cracks

Fabulous venue, terrific staff

Reviewed on 12/18/2011 Marita P

Having my wedding at the Tarrytown House Estate was pretty much a fairytale. We had a beautiful Saturday day wedding in November and were able to have the ceremony outside, which allowed a view of the Hudson River. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff is fantastic. Their... Read More professionalism and attention to detail exceeded my expectations.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2011 Lauren R

The Tarrytown House Estate is truly amazing,we had our dream wedding! The Tarrytown House Estate offered all the we were looking for and more, beautiful views and grounds, option for cocktail hour outside on a gorgeous terrace or inside in the many quaint rooms, a two level... Read More reception area surrounded by windows over looking the beautiful landscape and an amazing catering manager to work with with the bonus of a hotel on site for our guests. They catered to our every need and more, staff was extremely professional and made our wedding the perfect day we hoped for. We HIGHLY recommend!!!

Fairy tale wedding

Reviewed on 5/29/2011 Jessica Y

This venue is not only beautiful, but the staff is amazing and helpful, especially Dave! We got married a month ago and are STILL getting compliments on the venue!

Wedding bliss in Tarrytown

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Katherine K

my husband and I had our wedding reception in historic Tarrytown House Estate in May 28, 2010. A beautiful estate, my guests were immediately impressed the moment they first drive throug the curved uphill driveway. The staff were wonderful, giving me and my husband plenty of... Read More attention. A big hug to our weding host, Dave S., who acted as our reception coordinator. The food was delicious and in large amounts, everyone was full before the cake was served. Cocktail choices included from varying types, to list a few...such as hotdogs (to show my out of towners a NY side), roastbeef sandwiches, deviled eggs with caviar, taste of Sangria, lemonades and open bars. There is a whole lot more that I could not list here, but check the menu and you'll go crazy just choosing all those mouthwatering foods! We had the cocktail reception at their outside garden area, and moved the party indoors at the large ballroom for dinner. Everyone raved about their meals, it was indeed 2 thumbs up! The only beef my guests had about the meals was that the wait staff were quick in taking the plates away while they were not yet done but were out on the dancefloor dancing. We continued the party way after the event to the Cellar which is located beneath the Mansion. Only guests that were staying in the estate hotel can get in though. They were also very strict regarding noise due to the estate located in a residential neighborhood. Overall, I had a wonderful experience having my wedding reception at Tarrytow House. From the first meeting with Dave to the last day we left, they have given us their full attention and service to the hilt. We even forgot the top of our cake and called them 2 days after, they have the cake in their freezer and kept it till we got the chance to pick it up. :-) My husband and I are already planning on staying there on our anniversaries. We stayed at the King mansion and it was gorgeous. Till now everyone still talk about our wedding and how Tarrytown Estate provided a beautiful backdrop to a wonderful day!

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/24/2010 Jennifer G

I loved having my wedding here. It was a fairytale wedding. More then I expected. They were amazing. They understood me and my guests. They rearranged dinner to give us plenty of time to dance. They took care of me when I was overheating in my heavy dress. They were above and... Read More beyond. I was happy. It was expensive, but worth every cent! And more.

Excellent venue and excellent service

Reviewed on 8/18/2010 Shana C

Our many out of town guests who had never been to this area raved about how beautiful the property was. The food, service, accomodations/lodging, and beauty in the property made this the perfect choice for our wedding!

All went Smoothly on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/29/2010

The grounds and space are lovely, the service attentive, and everyone had a delicious meal. My only complaint is that we had a number of plates that were paid for (at a considerably high price), that they insisted they would Not put aside for us. It would have been nice for a... Read More few of us to not to have to worry about dinner the following night and to be able to enjoy a meal we didn't have time to the night of. Or, at the least to know that these plates and other left overs were donated. Same with our flowers, none of which were to be found the next day. I don't think it's too much to ask for us to be able to enjoy that which we paid for. Also, I found it tacky that we were charged for our full meal when deciding on the venue (since we would otherwise be tasting their food only a month or two before the wedding). I feel that putting the dinner towards the wedding would have been a nice token of appreciation. So, on the whole a wonderful experience, but the establishment would do well not be so penny-wise with patrons who are spending 10s of thousands of dollars at there location.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 danielle r

We loved that the venue had a deent amount of guest rooms available for our guest to stay at, with out too much of a corporate hotel feel;the bar closes early :)

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Tricia S

We got married at Christmas time so the venue was already decorated beautifully for that time of year. During our cocktail hour, guests mingled throughout the small rooms of the mansion with fires going which was very warm and intimate and then the reception opened to the main... Read More ballroom which was fantastic!;The hotel and the reception venue are separate so we had some difficulty with guests booking rooms at our rate. This seemed to be due to an off site reservations firm that I believe they may have stopped using, but just make sure your guests get your rate.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 laura e

From the moment we got there everything was taken care of. The staff was excellent and professional, the food was amazing. Everyone who came to the wedding had a great time and was impressed by Tarrytown's beautiful location, food and service.