Tasha Rae Photography

We know this wedding planning thing can be a little scary, but we'd love to make this process a fun one for you and your family! We believe in telling love stories as they unfold naturally. Nothing cheesy - just clean, beautiful photos. Take a look around. Check out our website. Shoot us a message! Tasha Rae Photography serves the New Orleans and Baton Rouge Area. We are also available for travel!

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 1/04/2016

One word: INCREDIBLE. From the actual photos, to the professionalism of the photographer, she gets an all around best score from me. I have some of the best photos from my wedding that I feel like should be in a magazine. She could not have captured the moments any better.... Read More There are pictures in my wedding album that are simply magical. Considering one's wedding day is one of the most memorable events in a lifetime, I could not suggest a better photographer to capture truly magical moments. She completely nailed it!! I find new characteristics in a different photo every time I open my wedding photo gallery. So, in case I wasn't clear--I LOVE my photos by Tasha! She is also super easy to get along with & very professional. My day went by smoothly, & she gracefully orchestrated the "First Look", bridal party, & family photos. Brides--if you are looking for one less stressful thing to check off your wedding list, I would choose Tasha Rae Photography. God Bless!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

Tasha Rae Photography is awesome! We planned a destination wedding to New Orleans and we knew photography was the most important part of our day.. I wanted to make sure that we got the best fit for us to capture our wedding day. She was by the far one of the best decisions I... Read More made during the booking process for our wedding day. Our pictures turned out wonderful! I can't say enough good things about Tasha!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Danielle B

Tasha photographed our wedding and I just can not say enough about our experience. Her professionalism showed in so many ways! It was a very long day and she stayed completely calm and collected throughout everything.. Looking back on the day, that was a huge help because while... Read More I was getting ready I didn't even have to ask or worry about the details. Tasha has such a calm and kind spirit and I think her presence calmed everyone down and definitely made everyone feel very comfortable. When you pay someone for a service, and outside of the quality of the service they are providing, you also get that feeling that they are just truly a great person, well you can't put a price tag on that! Tasha and her assistant were a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Mary H

Tasha gave us the best wedding gift of all, the ability to remember and cherish our wedding day forever through her beautiful work. She has talent and heart way beyond her years. Not only can you see it in her photos, but you feel it when she’s around you. She’ll calm your mind,... Read More fix your fly aways, and not skip a beat or a ring bearer’s dance move. I’m amazed at the photos she captured and forever grateful for her time and art! I would recommend her a million times over. and over. We loved working with her!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Abby M

Go ahead and make the easiest decision of your wedding by choosing Tasha Rae Photography. Leading up to my wedding Tasha was always available to answer questions and was open to any ideas I had. The day of the wedding her and her husband (her assistant) went above and beyond the... Read More call of photographer duty. She even played wedding planner at some points of the night! My wedding was on a Sunday and I received my pictures the next Tuesday. Her turnaround was so fast but she didn't skimp on quality. She paid attention to every little detail. I have gotten more compliments on my photos than any other part of my wedding. She was by far the best money I spent! If I had the chance to do it all over again I would pick Tasha Rae Photography!!!

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Sara G

Tasha Rae was the ABSOLUTE BEST photographer. Our engagement photos came out gourgeous and our wedding photos came out even better. She was a blast to work with. She has such a beautiful sense of style- you can clearly see it in her work. I will forever go back to her because of... Read More how amazing she was. She was prompt, accomadating, and just quick with her turn around. Photos within days after the event! Please take my advice and book Tasha. One of the best decisions I have ever made.

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Chelsea H

Tasha Rae Photography is more than amazing! We are beyond happy with the way all of our pictures turned out! Picking Tasha to capture our big day was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Our pictures are great quality and Tasha was able to capture every... Read More special moment perfectly.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Elizabeth G

Tasha went above and beyond to capture the happiest moments of my engagement and wedding day! She met us at Oak Alley Plantation in the scorching Louisiana heat and blew us away with the quality of the photos. On my wedding day, she arrived early and was on her feet all day long... Read More capturing every precious moment. We were all so impressed by her creativity, energy level, and enthusiasm. Within 3 days, we already had a "sneak peek" of over 100 photos. We love Tasha! Thank you for everything.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

First off, if you are lucky enough to have Tasha be the photographer at your wedding, you are in for a treat. First off, she is very professional and extremely friendly. She makes taking pictures so much fun and easy to do. She always answers phone calls and/or text messages,... Read More and if for some reason she doesn't she will get back to you immediately. She got great fun shots during the engagement photo shoot, and gave great advice for fun poses and locations on our wedding day. If you are looking for the best/friendliest/ easy to work with photographer in the business, look no further. It is Tasha! Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Katie G

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Tasha and her amazing talent! She was our photographer for our wedding on 12/17/2016 and I had all of my beautiful pictures to download by 12/31/2016. So not only is she absolutely amazing she is super quick in getting your pictures... Read More back to you as soon as she can! I am in love with all of my pictures and I want to look at them over and over again. She captured every moment and more that I could have ever dreamed of and through her pictures I am able to relive the best night of my life so far. I would 100% recommend her to anyone who is trying to chose their photographer!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016

We feel so honored to have Tasha as our wedding photographer. She is the most timely, hard working, and efficient person I have ever met. Her artistic perspective and talent is like no other. We were absolutely blown away by our photos, it was the best investment we made for our... Read More wedding. I could not recommend, encourage, or rave enough about Tasha. If you want the most memorable photos that you, your family, and friends can treasure for a life time, Tasha is your photographer! Thank you Tasha for being so easy to work with, and for wrangling our HUGE family. She surpassed all of our expectations for our wedding day and photos that resulted. I would not change ONE thing about our experience with Tasha.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Lexee E

We had a destination wedding which is hard enough in itself but... Tasha was AMAZING!!!! She is the most charming and incredible person to work with, I feel like we hit the jackpot in having her as our photographer. She was super attentive to detail and helped us along every... Read More step of the way. Thank you Tasha!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Nicolette H

Tasha was absolutely wonderful. She made me and my girls feel so at ease during my wedding day even at the most stressful times. Most importantly, her work just blow me away. If you're looking for an awesome photographer with an eye for style and taste, she's your girl. If I... Read More could get married again, I would hire her again in a heartbeat <3.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Rosalind S

Tasha was so professional, fun, sweet and wonderful. She was helpful in every aspect of my wedding day and knew exactly what I wanted in a wedding photos. Her style is timeless and I have received so many compliment on our wedding photos. She was easy to get in touch with and... Read More has an open contact policy. She answered all my questions quickly and gave me great advice for shots I wanted and ideas I was having with the poses and locations for my shoots. Tasha is efficient and got us out of the church on time after the ceremony and stayed with us for our entire second line capturing every moment. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Arielle H

I am so incredibly thankful for Tasha's photos of our wedding Every single photo is beautiful and romantic. She captured every single little thing so I can remember the day forever, and she was so sweet and helpful on the day of my wedding. The photos are perfect, and Tasha is... Read More SO very very talented. I could not have dreamed for better photos or a better experience with a photographer. Still feel like I'm floating (almost a month later) every time I see my wedding photos. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jen

I could not say enough positive things about Tasha! She perfectly captured our wedding day and created beautiful memories. She also took our Engagement photos. Photos were ready to be viewed so quickly - less than a month from the wedding and only a couple of weeks from the... Read More engagement She knows exactly how to instruct you to make great photos, and great at taking priceless candid photos. She is also very quick to respond to emails, texts, or whatever form of communication. She was very professional and easy going, which made spending time with them during the photo shoots a delight. She listened to what I wanted and was also good at recommending ideas for photo session locations, poses, etc., if you're more unsure of what to do. Overall, PERFECT experience! I will be recommending Tasha to all of my friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Marie F

Tahsha was phenomenal! I can't tell you how many compliments I heard after she posted our wedding pictures. Her style is elegant and timeless. She captured every single moment I wanted and made them look better than I could have imagined. She was timely, precessional, and fun to... Read More work with. If I could give her 10/5 stars I would.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Sarah Kathryn K

What can I say about Tasha that others above me haven't already said. She was INCREDIBLE. So friendly, professional, comfortable... And her photos... My goodness! So clean, light and crisp. So far, I've loved EVERY SHOT of my wedding, and there are so many more to come! She... Read More really captured details in a way that not only told our story and showcased the emotions of the day, but ones that only someone with the rarest of eyes could have seen. Her mastery of light and composition, her precise adjustment of aperture to acheive the most beautifully done bokeh (the blurry stuff, y'all :) and really showcase her subject... She shoots in manual, of course, as any photographer who ACTUALLY knows her craft should. Although I'm unsure of her educational background as far as photography goes, Tasha is not some "I bought a nice camera on a whim, please help me pay it off" home-grown backyard photographer. Tasha is a professional in every sense of the word, and you can see it shining through every frame of her work. I know I'm gushing, but I can't really help it. True story, guys: Before I hired her, I was excited about the MARRIAGE... Not so much about the wedding. Planning one was completely overwhelming to me. After we booked her, I genuinely had a hard time sleeping for a few weeks I was so excited. AND when I told her about some problems at my original venue (a ho-hum, used to be good, seriously wanning restaurant), she recommended what ultimately became our new one, Maison Lafitte (gorgeous!). I actually ended up changing not only my venue, but my florist and even our date - about 4 months out if I remember correctly! And guys, I'm not lying when I tell you she was the number one priority when it came to coordinating all of these changes. If she was unavailable, the date was automatically out. I even would have kept the old place, warts and all if I'd had to in order to keep her. Whew! Okay, probably too much background in order to say this: if you are looking for a fine arts/ portraiture photographer with a tell-the-story, journalistic bent, do yourself a favor and just LOOK at her work. Just visit her website (and don't skip the blog!) Her bright, clean, timeless shots, free of "Instagram-esque," quickly dated, trendiness speak for themselves. Combining them with her warm, bubbly, and professional personality made her, without a doubt, the best choice I made for our wedding (my now husband excluded, of course ;) P.S. Please don't hate me, y'all, but if y'all want her, you should try to book quickly. I couldn't NOT tell her how seriously she undercharges for her services. Not only was she the best of the 7 or 8 photogs I looked at, she was also the most affordable by about $700 dollars (with more hours AND the engagement session included.) She's young, so I guess that's why. Give her a few years and I doubt I would have been able to afford her. But if you get her at her current prices (as of October 2016), she's a STEAL. I actually feel a little guilty, because I would have paid at LEAST $1,000 more. Tasha, if you read this, ARE YOU LISTENING??? Don't sell yourself short! You are worth SO much more!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Callie

Fabulous person and photographer!! If you want someone who takes their job very seriously, but doesn't take themselves very seriously, Tasha is your girl! Her attention to detail, ability to instill calm and yet remain very organized is a remarkable gift. I can't really imagine... Read More our wedding day without her, but she was also a very quiet and non-obtrusive presence. She very calmly and cooly did her job, and the results, we believe, were amazing. In the end, you are hiring an artist to capture very personal events. I couldn't recommend anyone more highly for that very important job than Tasha!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Megan

I heard about Tasha from a friend of mine who recently got married. The pictures were stunning!! I had to have Tasha as my wedding photographer. She was so friendly and so easy to talk to. My husband and I felt comfortable while working with Tasha. She caught moments between my... Read More husband and I that I couldnt even have dreamed about. I was beyond blown away by the way that she captured our wedding day. I will be thankful forever for the amazing creative photographs she took. I literally recommend Tasha Rae Photography to anyone I talk to!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Jonathan T

First off, Tasha takes great pictures. You can tell that from her sample photos, and we can validate that from the photos we received for our wedding. And, this is coming from someone who has dabbled with photography as a hobby for 5+ years. However, it is Tasha’s incredible... Read More attitude and very friendly personality that made us so happy for her to be our photographer. She will make you feel so comfortable and will have you loose and laughing the whole time (which is a great thing to have on a nerve-wracking wedding day). She was such a joy to work with. She’s a great listener and will get every shot you want plus come up with some creative ones you never considered. I really appreciated the ability to download all the photos she took so we could share them on our desired sites and print them ourselves. I can’t recommend her enough. You won’t be disappointed, of that I’m sure.

Reviewed on 4/08/2016

Tasha's team does a outstanding job! They have some pretty amazing photography skills as well! They made our wedding process so much more enjoyable and relaxing. It was wonderful to have them to talk to about wedding stresses because they get it! They are incredibly... Read More sweet,amazingly personable, and totally professional. We absolutely loved getting to work with them and have been nothing but amazed by the pictures they have made for us. I cannot recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Marina G

Tasha was a DELIGHT to work with! We did both engagement pictures and our actually wedding with her, and we were thrilled with the quality (and quantity) of the pictures. She takes her time with everything she does, which I really appreciated (although I think it may have... Read More frustrated our wedding coordinator). You can tell she loves what she does, and she makes you feel so comfortable taking photographs. Very highly recommended!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Courtney

We LOVE Tasha Rae! We were recommended her through a friend and it was the best advice I got for my wedding. My wedding photos were beautifully done and exactly what I wanted. She has a talented eye and has a vision with weddings! I trusted her and it was the best decision I... Read More made. I know this might come off a bit much, but seriously, I was so happy with Tasha and her team!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

When I began looking for a wedding photographer I was sure of only one thing - I didn't want my photos to look like every other wedding photo I had ever seen. I am extremely particular, and I literally looked at almost 30 photographers and contacted 8 before I hired Tasha. I... Read More discovered Tasha's profile here on The Knot. The image that you see next to her name on here caught my eye and after evaluating the gallery on her website..she listen to what I wanted and what I was looking for - she made suggestions on how to make them happen. She was brutally honest with me as well - discussing the logistics of why some of the shots that I wanted may not work based on time, location, and light - which was really helpful to me - I wanted to use our time optimally to create the best shots possible - who doesn't? We opted to do an engagement shoot with Tasha about 6 months before the wedding which was really helpful - especially for my now-husband. Tasha immediately put us both at ease and my husband, who would rather have a root canal than have his photo taken, actually left the shoot saying how much fun he had. Not to mention, our photos are gorgeous. So, when Tasha and her second photographer showed up on our wedding day we thought we knew what to expect. She far exceeded our expectations that day - she was fun, relaxed, and willing to roll with the punches. It felt like one of our good friends was our photographer - we were so comfortable with Tasha and our family all fell in love with her too. Hiring Tasha to take our photos was the best choice and investment we made in planning our wedding. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Tasha and her level of talent and professionalism.

Tasha + Jacob Creel

Dear future bride/groom, Welcome to Tasha Rae Photography! We (Tasha + Jacob) are so excited to work with and your family to document this exciting time in your life! We want you to know we are people-people.. we love working with upbeat couples who value photography. We want you to have photos that truly tell your love story in the most natural way possible. We get that weddings can be stressful, but we'd love to help you through this journey and be there for you every step of the way. Feel free to email us directly at [email protected]! Can't wait to hear from you! T+J