Taylor Made Catering

Serving the Kansas City Metropolitan Area

Over 22 years of experience!

Taylor Made Catering has been serving the Kansas City Metropolitan Area for over 22 years! We are a family owned home-town caterer that prides ourselves on our friendly service and the outstanding quality of our food.

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian

Buffet, Menu Tastings, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

12822 W 91st St, Lenexa, KS Serving the Kansas City Metropolitan Area (913) 492-5250

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Kendra K

My fiance and I found Taylor Made on the Knot. We went in for our tasting and felt so at home and welcome by Woody + Team. They were great to work with and I felt like they made my day a priority. We wanted to support small businesses when we set out to pick vendors and I would... Read More recommend this to anyone. We felt like the food was amazing and not a detail was missed because my day was as important to them as it was to me. They didn't miss a single detail and were amazing. If customer service, communication, response time, food and relationships are important to you - Taylor Made is your catering business.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Kaylene E

We were recommended to try Taylor Made by our venue, so we scheduled a tasting and knew instantly they were the right people for our wedding reception! We knew we wanted BBQ and when we got there and were able to try their whole spread of meats and sides, we were drooling!! Not... Read More only are we still receiving compliments from our guests about how delicious our food was, but Woody and Janet were awesome to work with! They were so attentive to us at our reception, we didn't have to worry about a thing, they were so efficient and friendly! We are so very thankful we found them to cater our reception, and the best part is, we are still enjoying our leftovers! Thank you so much Taylor Made-you guys are the best!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Ashley E

Taylor Made was a pleasure to work with at our wedding! They arrived on time, conducted their business with minimal intrusion and professionalism. Everything was set up on time, and tasted amazing! They were very efficient with providing us with quotes and providing us with... Read More logistical details that made our wedding run ultra smoothly. The food was first class! All the guests were pleased and the presentation looked fabulous. The taste tasting was even wonderful! Can't wait to use them at our next event!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Carli S

Taylor Made catered our wedding October 21, 2017 and they were absolutely wonderful. Janet and Woody are fantastic and so easy to work with. They were very responsive and helpful throughout the long planning process. The actual night of the wedding, we received SO many... Read More compliments on how delicious all the food was! Highly recommend this company!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Shelby H

Taylor Made Catering was really a joy to work with. The food was amazing, they were very attentive, and willing to work with us on already reasonable prices and much more! My husband and I really wanted chicken as our entree, but elected not to have it because we have a few... Read More family members who are allergic, and we couldn't afford to have two entrees in our budget. Woody and Janet worked with us to create a custom spread so that we could have what WE wanted to eat, while also taking our guests into consideration. Beyond that, they went out of their way to accommodate my little sister! I mentioned that she has Down syndrome, and is very selective about what she'll eat. They went above and beyond by cooking her own, separate plate of plain chicken nuggets and even brought her favorite side dish - Doritos! The smile on her face when they hand served her food she actually liked made Taylor Made worth it alone - not to mention all the compliments on the amazing food! They asked ahead of time what we wanted from the buffet and brought us to it, so we could take a breather and eat while our guests lined up for their food - ensuring we were able to get what we wanted with as little stress as possible. Basically, the food is wonderful, but what makes this place a full five stars is their customer service. We were so pleased, and I can't recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017

Woody and his crew are awesome to work with. From start to finish they exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Shannan S

We could not have had a better catering experience from Taylor Made Catering. We first tried their food at the KC Wedding Expo and fell in love with their cheesy potatoes! We then looked around and tried other caterers but nothing compared to Taylor Made. We then scheduled a sit... Read More down tasting with them and WOW they gave us so much food and it was AMAZING! Janet was easy to get in to contact with and responded quickly. On our wedding day Janet made sure that everything was perfect on their end. I didn't stress about our food at all (which is not normal for me.. I worry) but I knew we were in good hands with Taylor Made. Seriously the best decision! You can't beat their BBQ!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Melody M

We originally tried Taylor Made at a wedding expo but the moment we had our tasting we knew they were the one!! Janet was awesome to work with! She was quick to respond to my millions of questions and definitely took care of us first and foremost at the Wedding. When people... Read More congratulate us on our wedding they say it was LOTS of fun and they LOVED the BBQ. So happy with our decision and would recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Kristen N

We used Taylor Made for the catering at our wedding. The food was delicious and enjoyed by all. They were extremely helpful during the reception. Before the wedding, they were a little hard to contact but they were very generous in the tasting process. They're a very affordable... Read More and delicious option for catering!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Liz K

Taylor Made did a great job catering for our wedding. From the very beginning we were in aw of how delicious the BBQ was. Working with Woody was a breeze. He turned our vision into reality and it turned out to be incredibly delicious! All of our guests raved about how good... Read More the food was from the meat and sides down to the homemade slider buns. Woody even planned for my husband and I to have our food brought to our table so we could enjoy our first meal together. He also made it possible for us to be able to include our summer sausage that my husband prepared himself as an appetizer. They set up, waited, and cleaned up with ease. We would highly recommend this company to anyone who is getting married or to anyone needing an event catered. The staff are great and the food is even better!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 M

Taylor Made Catering was WONDERFUL to work with. Janet did an outstanding job prior to the wedding as well as that evening. We chose a BBQ meal and the food was GREAT. Our guests were very satisfied and the level of service provided by Taylor Made that evening was... Read More outstanding. We loved the boxed meal Janet put together for David and myself to take with us, in case we hadn't been able to eat during the reception. They cleaned up everything and boxed up the leftovers for my parents to take home. Thanks so much. I will definitely recommend Taylor Made to by friends and family.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Grace M

Taylor Made Catering is hands down the best food my husband and I have ever had. We first scheduled a tasting, loved working with Janet and Woody. The communication throughout the whole entire process was amazing, keeping us updated with all the details that come with catering a... Read More wedding. Obviously being new to planning a wedding, they made it a breeze for us! We were served personally by the staff (not expecting to be) and told that anything we needed at all would be done, and it was! They treated our guests with the upmost respect which was much appreciated. They were all so friendly and caring about our needs all night, I could not stress that enough. Cleaned up and boxed up all of our leftovers! We could eat for almost a week after, even had plenty to share with friends and family! Definitely recommended using Taylor Made Catering for anyone looking for a friendly, reliable, and caring staff!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Corey K

Our experience with Taylor Made was a rollercoaster. We initially found them at a bridal fair, and booked a tasting that day. Our tasting was fabulous! The staff was very attentive, the food was great, and we got to take home all the extras. Since we were having a Kansas City... Read More wedding, we decided on a BBQ menu - pulled pork, brisket, cheesy corn, and a loaded potato bake as well as salad and rolls. We booked Taylor Made as our caterer very shortly after our tasting, and we put down half of our total due as a deposit - we were super excited! However, as it got closer to our wedding (4/22/17), we started having some issues. From what we were told, one of the business partners (whom we had been working with) had been fired, and with that all record of our event had disappeared. Our wedding planner had issues getting ahold of the owner, and for a time we felt as though we were in limbo - unsure if we needed to book another caterer. When our planner finally got ahold of the owner, we were asked to provide him with a copy of our contract (which had been signed by both parties) because it had gotten lost in the transition. They also claimed they had no record of our initial payment. 2 weeks before our wedding, we were able to schedule a meeting with the owner and discuss our concerns. We brought copies of all emails, and bank records proving our initial payment. Woody apologized for the trouble, and assured us that we didn't need to book another caterer - he would take care of us on our wedding day. Fortunately, they showed up on the day of our wedding and the food was fab - all of our guests enjoyed the menu. However, due to the stress that was put on me in the weeks leading up to our wedding I cannot recommend Taylor Made as a vendor.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kelly H

Taylor Made Catering catered our sorority alumnae chapter's annual fundraiser and I can't say enough wonderful things about them. They were very accommodating to our specific needs, the food was delicious and Woody and Janet are so personable! They really went the extra mile to... Read More ensure our event was a success! Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Maria D

We loved our experience with Taylor Made catering. Janet and Woody were wonderful and stressed how important it was to them to treat us like one of the family. I loved the anecdotes they shared about helping their clients have the best possible wedding reception. Taylor Made... Read More was extremely kind with working within our budget offering quite a few options. We chose to have an appetizer reception instead of a formal dinner. The food was so delicious; I honestly did not want to feel full in order to keep eating!!! Our wedding guests loved the food as well! We only received positive comments about the food and the staff working our event. I will definitely seek to work with Taylor Made in the future and recommend them to anyone who wants to eat excellent food!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Nicole M

Taylor Made catered our wedding on October 22, 2016, and everybody absolutely loved the food! We had plenty of leftovers, and when the food came, the service was awesome! However, the reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 was because they didn't show up at the time they said... Read More they would. They also did not call saying they were running late, which was the only stress I had on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Alyssa P

Woody and Terry at Taylor Made Catering are the best! Leading up to the wedding, they entertained my millions of questions unfazed. They were beyond accommodating both for the tasting and the day of the wedding. Afterwards, the guests were raving about the food; even my new... Read More (vegetarian) sister said THE PORK WAS DELICIOUS! This is definitely the best BBQ from a full-service caterer in Kansas City. I highly recommend Taylor Made Catering if you want delicious food and great service on your big day!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Nicole L

Horrible customer service. We set up a tasting with Taylor Made but got a call a few hours before the scheduled tasting cancelling our meeting. We immediately rescheduled for a month later. On the date of the new meeting, my fiancé and I drove an hour into town to arrive at a... Read More closed business. When I called to see if someone had planned to meet us, the owner (who I had scheduled both meetings with) didn't remember us or our meeting and denied making it! He promised he would call later to set up a third meeting but he never did. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Ally C

Taylor Made Catering was the perfect choice for our wedding. From our very first meeting, they were personable, organized, and really listened to what my fiancé and I wanted. We chose the pulled pork, brisket, and turkey and could not have been more pleased. They arrived early... Read More and had everything set up and ready to go, and the attendants made sure that my husband and I were the first to eat. Our guests were complementing the food all night! I cannot say enough about how happy we are to have found Taylor Made!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 April Bride <

The food was fantastic, but communication leading up to the wedding and service on the day of the wedding did not meet our initial impression.

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Elaine C

Our guests raved about the food from Taylor Made Catering at our April 2016 wedding and reception. We had a small private wedding ceremony followed by a luncheon for our immediate families. Later in the day we served appetizers and snacks to a larger crowd at a reception.... Read More The luncheon was wonderful - with a moist & flavorful chicken dish and a mashed potato bar that was a hit. The reception in the afternoon included all your standard appetizers and snacks - the bacon wrapped chicken bites were amazing and we ran out of them quickly, as did the fresh fruit and vegetables. The service was good and efficient. We would recommend Taylor Made to anyone for an affair of any size.

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Courtney L

The guys at Taylor Made were so great to work with. Terry and his crew took care of us for our special day. They went above and beyond from our initial tasting to the actual wedding day. I was impressed with their service at my reception when they delivered plates of food to my... Read More husband and I at the head table so we could eat first. They were flexible to help us get exactly what we wanted for our day. The food was also really delicious. The prices are super affordable as well. We were so pleased with the food and the staff!

7-25-15

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Jessica N

The guys at Taylor Made did an awesome job with our wedding! When our wedding took an unexpected turn three months before, they were there offering any help they could to make the day happen flawlessly! I do not have enough great things to say about them! We are so glad we... Read More stumbled across these guys, we will absolutely be using them for catering again in the future! The pulled pork and smoked salmon are to DIE FOR!!!

DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Faith R

Our food was the bomb! Not only did we love it, but our guests said they couldn't stop eating it! They were no nice and family oriented and I think that is what we appreciated most! These guys were so helpful and professional we didn't have one bad thing to say about them! Their... Read More spin dip is to die for and so is their flat bread pizza! I highly recommend them for any wedding or any catering reason!

Excellent Catering Company

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Jamie V

Taylor Made Catering provided wonderful, great quality food for our wedding on August 2, 2014 at Stony Point Hall in Baldwin City, KS. As a military wife, I called myself the "long distance wedding planning" as we were planning a Kansas wedding while stationed out in San... Read More Diego, CA. With this being said, I didn't get to go to tastings with my husband to try out food we would want for our wedding. It was hard to find someone we trusted. After having my mind almost set on choosing a major grocery store (i.e. HyVee or Price Chopper) to cater our big day, I got a correspondence from Terry at Taylor Made Catering via e-mail. It could not have came at any better of a time! Terry was amazing to work with! We weren't able to come in and taste the food, but after reading reviews online and hearing from Terry, I knew this was our best bet! Terry even suggested that we could come in for a taste test the week before the wedding when we would both be in town. There was no need for it. After getting to meet Terry in person, we knew he was going to be a great asset to our big event! We started with a total headcount of around 130 guests, and we had to bump the number up because of last minute RSVP's and ending up having around 175 guests. This was no problem for Taylor Made Catering. They also assured us that they would bring extra food just in case we had any extra show up unexpected. We had 2 entrée items, 2 sides, and a salad and dinner roll served by the professional staff from the company. They came in at an appropriate time and set all of the food up, served everyone that came through the buffet line, cleaned up the plates from the tables, and even packaged up all of the leftovers! They went above and beyond! I would recommend Taylor Made Catering for any small or big event. We got so many compliments on the food and service. We were very, very pleased!