Tekoa Country Club

Westfield, MA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Country Club Venue in Western Massachussetts

With a focus on excellence and attention to detail, our experienced staff will make your special day one to remember. From our newly renovated championship golf course, to the area's finest banquet facility, Tekoa is ready to host your wedding, tournament or event.

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club

Food + Catering, Planning

459 Russell Road, Westfield, MA

Incredible Venue and Even Better Staff

Reviewed on 1/22/2015 Erin K

We had our wedding at Tekoa Country Club in October 2014 and we could not have been happier. Sara and her staff went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect on the day of the wedding (which was quite impressive given that it was POURING raining all day long). We... Read More had planned to have a cigar bar on the back deck area but given the weather I assumed it was not going to happen but during dinner and the first dances the staff switched out the place card table for the cigar bar. It was amazing that they were able to make it look so beautiful. Sara made the planning process for the wedding extremely easy for us. She helped us to put together a timeline for how the night would go. One of the most helpful things she did was actually give me opinions. I sent her countless cake pictures and she helped me to decide which one would work best for us. We also cannot say enough good things about the staff that Sara has put together. From the moment I stepped into Tekoa they made sure that I had everything I needed. Paul had some type of sixth sense for when my drink was empty or I was looking for something. At some point during cocktail hour someone stepped on my bustle and it broke. Paul not only helped me fix it but made sure that it would still look good for the pictures throughout the night. I switched dresses during the night so he made sure that my first dress got sent home with my aunt. Sara and her staff were also extremely helpful and flexible with everything we asked. I think my mom made three or four trips to Tekoa in the week leading up to our wedding and Sara was always extremely politely and helpful. In addition to numerous other things they: * Get specific craft beers for my husband (one of his few requests) * Change the curtains in the front room * Change the pictures on the wall in the bar area During our final walk through for the setup of the wedding, Sara took tons of notes and pictures of exactly how we wanted the centerpieces, the cake table and all of the decorations to be setup. On the day of the wedding things could not have looked better. And lastly (but very important) the food was incredible! From the appetizers to the late night snacks we got nothing from great reviews from our guests. To top it all off they sent my husband and I home with a sandwich and chips to end the night, just in case we had not had enough to eat. We would 100% recommend Tekoa, Sara and her staff!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 JESSICA C

We could not have asked for a better experience with Sara, and the whole management team at Tekoa Country Club. We chose the country club primarily for the wedding coordinator, and we were not disappointed. Sara was able to answer our questions before we even asked, and went out... Read More of of her way to make sure the details were just perfect, even ordering different colored linens to add to their stock, so it wa so loser to everything else. The owner was at our reception the entire night and it made us feel good that he was so invested in our event. Sara even helped us schedule the rest of he day, to make sure our guests weren't sitting around waiting for something to happen. The banquet hall and cocktail area are just beautiful, classic and traditional, giving you the perfect space to customize your event. And, the pricing was better than anywhere else we looked, and the quality was way better. Our guests are still taking about the foods and seri ice during dinner, and our wedding was three mons ago. The whole experience was perfect, and we still miss meeting with Sara!

Exceeded my expectations

Reviewed on 7/05/2015 Elizabeth D

I had an idea of what I wanted, I had a vision, I did my homework and I tried to find a place that I could envision my wedding. I went to Tekoa and really was blown away. Every question I had, every plan I had, every idea I wanted, every expectation they made happen. Literally I... Read More was blown away with not just what they could do and make happen but with how they treated my husband and I. Sara the Wedding and Events Coordinator was such an amazing woman to work with I would recommend her services and Tekoa for anyone. Tekoa is on a beautiful golf course, which makes beautiful pictures. I was really blown away with how everything came together. I didn't expect royal treatment, we work hard for the money we make and we don't have a lot but we really got the wedding of our dreams, and they treated us like royalty. Every bride should feel like the most important person and a princess and I was overwhelmed with how they made us feel special on our special day. If you have doubts don't, Tekoa is the place. And you can have the ceremony on site which we also loved and took advantage of. Very pleased with Tekoa, five stars...6 if I could give more. ~ The Schwarzenbachs

2015-07-06T13:59:18 Response from the vendor

It was truly an amazing experience to have worked with you both and we thank you for your kind words! Congratulations! -Tekoa Country Club

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Kimmy P

We had our wedding reception at Tekoa on June 28 and everything was better than we could have imagined! I could go on for days about the venue; it is elegant, great dance floor, the food was fabulous, cocktail hour was superb...but our favorite part of the experience was Sara... Read More from Tekoa. Throughout the whole process, she was so helpful, patient and genuinely cared about our wedding day! She always made time for meetings with us, went above and beyond to help us with our ceremony as well and put so much effort into a candy bar that was just above and beyond. We could not have asked for better service or a better venue and I would recommend this venue to any bride looking to have a truly amazing experience!

Mr&Mrs. Molina 5/23/2015

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

So first let start by saying hello, if you are looking for a place this is it; and here is why. Sara is the most amazing person, she help me a lot lol in fact she was more worry about me not being on top of her with what I wanted for the wedding. Being a first time bride... Read More she helped me in ways that gave me relief at times. When I first came to Tekoa Country Club; when I first came to my appointment I fell in love with the place, and talking to Sara I made my choice it was a good one. Tekoa is affordable yet 100% Customer Service the staff was awesome. I would not change it for the world. The food was awesome too, My guest loved it, they couldn't stop talking about how good the pasta was; along with the bread stick and salad.

The Tekoa Country Club

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

The Tekoa was the perfect venue for our son's rehearsal dinner. The room was beautifully set up and the food was delicious and artfully presented. Sara and her staff did an amazing job and worked hard to make sure everything was done in a timely manner including the service... Read More which was spot on. I would highly recommend the Tekoa. The event was organized long distance and Sara did a great job communicating and working with me on every aspect. Really a wonderful experience!

Spring Wedding

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Traci S

Our wedding day was wonderful and we would definitely recommend Tekoa to other couples looking at venues. We had plenty of room to move around and have fun and the food was very good. The planning went smoothly and our wedding played out as we intended it to.

2015-05-08T10:43:04 Response from the vendor

Traci so good to hear from you! Thank you so much for the review! It was was an honor to have worked your wedding! Happy One Year Anniversary!

Kristen & Andrew Wedding Oct.18,2014

Reviewed on 1/22/2015 Kristen J

My husband and I have been to several weddings including our own! We knew that we chose the right venue as we had been to Tekoa Country Club several times prior to our wedding. I have to say that even though there was a change in wedding planners twice in the two years prior to... Read More our wedding, Sarah was absolutely amazing!! She was willing to meet with my mother and I at anytime that was convenient for us, made sure we had everything we needed up to and during the wedding! Sarah was able to use quick judgement as it poured the day of my wedding and was able to set up the dining room in a matter of minutes! The ceremony was perfect, pictures were perfect, the music, lighting, flowers and food was also perfect! The food was AMAZING!! We are still getting raves about the food and our wedding and it's been 3 months! Paul, the lead server was also amazing! He was there every step of the way, bustling my dress, making sure that my bridesmaids, myself and of course the groom had everything we needed. He even helped sow my dress when it ripped. He stayed to calm the panic attack before the walk down the aisle and made sure that my dress always looked it's best!! Every bride needs a team like Paul and Sarah! My wedding was a day I will always cherish and would not change a thing about it!I would definitely recommend Tekoa Country Club to any bride and groom that are looking for a venue! It was everything that I had hoped it would be! Thank you Sarah, Paul and the rest of the staff!!

October Wedding

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

The staff was wonderful, helpful and professional! They took care of every detail with perfection. The food was outstanding. We are still receiving compliments from friends and family about the food, the decorations, the staff, and the grounds. We had several guests with... Read More unique food requirements. Their food was just as delicious as the main buffet. They took care of my daughters every need through the ceremony and celebration. I would recommend Takao for any type of celebration you are planning.

Mr.& Mrs.Gouin 5/31/2014

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Tricia M

Tekoa Country Club was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. The outdoor ceremony site provided a picturesque setting and was great for our wedding photos. The reception was beautifully decorated and every detail from the menu, signature drink and the French... Read More macaroon cookies for our wedding favors complimented our Paris themed wedding. Our wedding coordinator Sara Velasquez worked with all of my vendors to make sure everything was perfect for our wedding day. The staff was very professional and attentive and our guests are still raving about the food! Thank you Sara, Chef and the staff at Tekoa Country Club for everything you did to make sure our wedding day was so special. We will cherish the memories always! Tricia & Mark Gouin

Fabulous wedding reception!

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Linda C

We recently had our daughters wedding reception in the Berkshire room at Tekoa country club and it was just fabulous! The staff at TCC is wonderful to work with. Sara V., the event coordinator, was such a pleasure to work with. She met with us, got a true feel for our vision for... Read More the reception and was on point for every single detail we asked for and more. Sara gets the job done! The chef, Jeff, was also very helpful and did a wonderful job. Guests raved about the food, from the delicious appetizers of stuffed mushrooms, scallops wrapped in bacon, beef Wellington, etc. to the dinners of shrimp, sirloin with Jack Daniels sauce, and chicken franchaise, everything was so delicious and served nice and hot. The food presentations were great too. The rest of the staff was great to work with as well, from the bartenders to wait staff and everyone in between. Dan B., well, let's just say he was just wonderful in every way! The venue was clean inside and out, pretty flowers outside and at the entrance, outdoor decks, all nicely done. We brought in our own items to give the reception that personal feel. Sara and staff worked with us to get it all in place and everything looked great. Three weeks later now and we're still getting compliments! I just can't say enough about Dan, Sara, Jeff , Steven, and the entire staff at Tekoa. They got the job done and are easy to do business with. We highly recommend this venue.

Great Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Sara B

We had a great wedding at Tekoa! Sara was excellent - she helped us every step of the way and made this a very easy process. She listened to our thoughts and also had good recommendations. The wedding day was seamless and everything looked beautiful. The food was delicious and... Read More everyone was raving about it. The room looked amazing and I couldn't have asked for any better. I would recommend this venue to anyone as they are able to work with a wide array of budgets. Thank you so much for making our day so special!

Bride

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Maritza O

Absolutely beautiful place to get married the service was great and the food was delicious! Sarah was wonderful always there when we needed her.

Wedding Experience

Reviewed on 6/30/2014

Tekoa Country Club was the perfect wedding venue! Sara and her staff were simply amazing. From the first day we met with Sara, we were very impressed and happy she would be helping us plan our wedding. She paid very close attention to detail and was always available when I had... Read More questions to ask. During the planning process Sara ensured we were comfortable with everything. On our wedding day we couldn't have asked for more from Sara and her staff. They helped make our day perfect! From the decorations in the room, to the aisle for the wedding, to the food! We are still hearing from our guests how great the food was and what an amazing wedding. We couldn't have been more pleased with Tekoa and Sara. Thank you for helping us make our wedding day so special!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 6/06/2014

Great food, great employees and beautiful rooms! I only had one issue where the bar tender kept charging my bridal party when they were already paid for.

Borelli-Gromaski baby shower

Reviewed on 11/13/2013

Although my hubby & i originally chose Tekoa for both our daughter's baby shower & our vow renewal because it was close to our house, but I couldn't think of a more awesome place to hold any of our special events!! Every detail was paid attention to, right down to the letter,... Read More from the color swatches, to seating, to the food!! Everything had been placed perfectly!! Kate & her staff made sure we were happy & comfortable. They were courteous & pleasant to all of my family & guests. Kate personally helped me put together a surprise for my husband at the shower. The fact that she genuinely cared about our day really made all the difference :-). All of the guests came back to me & had said that this was the nicest & most beautiful shower they had ever attended. Now, we are looking forward to our vow renewal this upcoming summer. I have complete faith that Tekoa will help us put on another event that we will talk about for years to come!! To anyone looking for a fab location for a shower or wedding, this is indeed the place!! Cheers, Christie Borelli-Gromaski

Tekoa Country Club was everything I dreamed and more!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Samantha H

I am so happy we decided to go with Tekoa Country Club for our wedding! Kate, the wedding planner is amazing and really made the day go perfectly. She makes sure you are happy with everything and that you have nothing to worry about but having a great time. We also used Tekoa... Read More for the ceremony. It was beautiful and nice to do everything at one venue. The background was perfect for pictures! The food was delicious and everyone has told us how much they loved it. The space inside is beautiful and very spacious. We looked at a bunch of venues and Tekoa had the best prices too! I would and will recommend Tekoa to anyone I know. Thank you so much Kate for making our wedding day so perfect and truely a day we will never forget.

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Heather s

Tekoa Country Club was the perfect wedding venue for both our ceremony and reception. The beautiful backdrop and amazing staff made our day perfect. Kate Sklarski- our banquet manager was outstanding (not only on our wedding day but for 10 months leading up to our wedding).... Read More She met with us several times to go over all of my little details and personal touches. She would contact me on the weekends to tell me about things she found that I might like for our wedding. We felt like Kate treated our wedding as if it were her own wedding. At one point during the night a guest stepped on my dress while dancing and ripped it. Kate was right there with her sewing kit, sewing my dress back together in minutes so I could go back out on the dance floor. I had a lot of guests compliment how "on point" my wedding coordinator Kate was. Food- The food was delicious. My uncle said that the stuffed mushrooms were the best he'd ever had. I had many guests complimenting how awesome the food was! The cake was to die for. YUM! Staff- The staff was phenomenal. The week of our wedding I was making trips to Tekoa to drop off 5 carloads worth of things I wanted incorporated into my wedding. Every time I showed up there was at least 5 staff there with carts to help me unload everything and put it in a safe place. The day of my wedding the staff was on top of everything. There was never an empty water glass or wine glass. Overall Tekoa Country Club made all of our wedding dreams come true. The day was so easy and carefree because of the amazing staff! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING TEKOA COUNTRY CLUB STAFF!!!

Mike Welsh

Reviewed on 10/28/2013

Tekoa Country Club did a great job! Service was prompt and efficient. The setting was great. The food was really good. Kate Sklarski was great to work with. She is well organized and kept things moving smoothly.

could not be happier with the service that was provided

Reviewed on 10/26/2013

The whole team took all our stresses away. They set up the night before so we could see/approve everything, which allowed us to sleep great the night before the wedding. Everything was beautiful! Kate was amazing and guided us thru the whole thing! She got us everything we... Read More needed and was even going to make my soon to be wife a grilled cheese becuase she was to nervous to eat anything!!!!!!! Thank you Tekoa!!

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Ashley L

We honestly couldn't have found a better place to make one of the most important memories of our lives than Tekoa Country Club. Kate is an amazing and talented wedding coordinator and she made sure our wedding was flawless. She went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding... Read More and reception was something we will never forget. From the tasting to the rehearsal and even to last minute changes Kate and the staff were wonderful. Tekoa and Kate went above and beyond. The price of everything is very reasonable for the quality and service you receive. I would 100% recommend Tekoa Country Club to anyone who is looking to have a wedding or any other function. Thank you Kate and Tekoa! ~ the Muscaro's

Tekoa Country Club

Reviewed on 10/25/2013

I have nothing but nice words about Tekoa and all the employees. The wedding coordinator, Kate Slarski, was absolutely amazing!!! No matter what are vision was, she would do anything to make that vision come true for us and she did! We couldnt have asked for a better place to... Read More have gotten married at. Everything from the ceremony to the reception was beyond beautiful and more than we could have ever asked for. The food was phenomenal and the service was GREAT!! I was so pleased and astonished at how amazing that place is run! Kate took all our stress away by guiding us through the process. And when it came to our big day, she went beyond just being a wedding planner and made me feel more comfortable and at ease. She made everything that day run soo smoothly! and If we needed ANYTHING, we know without a doubt, she would be right there helping us in any way she could. I truly recommend Tekoa Country Club to any couple looking for an amazing venue! Our day was perfect and I couldnt have been more happy that we found Tekoa.

best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

I had the best day at my wedding thanks to Kate from Tekoa. Even with the drama my family created I never knew a thing Kate took care of it and I loved it.

Wedding Nightmare

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Kat B

We had originally written Tekoa CC a good review, despite a few issues we had with them. We had a great experience up until our actual wedding day with the club, and a great experience with Kate until a few weeks after our wedding. We had a tentative schedule mapped out for us,... Read More the one time I told them was very important to me was the dinner to be at 6:30. The wedding party didn't eat until after 8:00, some of our guests didn't get there dinner until almost 9:00. We were waiting until after dinner to go around to the guests tables but by the time we ate we didn't make it to half before the DJ told us we either had to start the dances, etc.. or we wouldn't have enough time to fit everything in before the night ended. We had skipped the receiving line with the thought we greet everyone at tables, skipped the anniversary dance, as well as hurried our photographer so we could get to the hall on time. Once we got to our seats Kate told us there was a problem with one of our guests not having enough chairs at her table, Kate approached me I told her it wasn't a big deal and to let it be. The guest was so upset she talked to the owner and Kate asked me to talk to the owner for her, which I did. Well a couple weeks after the wedding I was told by other guests at the table Kate was indeed rude and unprofessional to the guest at the table, I'm sure the guest was probably being rude as well but that is no excuse to be unprofessional. When we signed up for the hall a different wedding coordinator was working at Tekoa, and she told us that we could substitute the cake for chair covers and two hot appetizers. My mom who was with me asked her to put it into writing but she assured us they do this all of the time and promised to honor this for us. About 6 months before our wedding a new wedding coordinator took her place. She checked with the chef and told us they would sill honor this for us, but the choices would be "chef's choice". We said that was fine but there was a list of things I didn't was served so she told me to send her a list and the chef would not make them. A couple weeks after the wedding we had guests over for dinner and I asked how the appetizers were at the wedding and sure enough they didn't serve any. At this point I was very upset with Tekoa and contacted Kate about why they didn't serve the appetizers she assured me they did and said she would get back to me. After a couple days of hearing nothing, I asked again why they did not serve appetizers they promised. She then told us she would check with her boss and try to give us some money back. Well after a couple weeks of phone tag she said they would reimburse us for the extra hour we paid for since we waited so long for dinner, but she wouldn't for the appetizers they promised us. I told her I have this in writing and feel its fair to be reimbursed for them since they were promised to us. She said since it was only in Email and not in contract they didn’t have to. And we still haven't seen a check for the extra hour we paid for. This has been an awful experience for us when I think about my wedding day I get an awful feeling, people kept telling me something will go wrong at some point in the day but I never expected all of this.. Tekoa is a very beautiful place to get married and the food is good, but not being able to trust the coordinator just about ruined my wedding. If you do go with Tekoa have them put EVERYTHING in the contract!

Jasmine

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 jasmine n

Tekoa was absolutely beautiful. I was a DIY bride brought in a lot of my own decor the Tekoa staff were amazing they set up everything I wanted exactly the way I wanted it. There were unfortunate circumstances that came up but Tekoa pulled through and did a fantastic job. Would... Read More highly recommend!

TO Tekoa Country Club