Terrapin Hill Farm

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Tented

Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

3696 Mackville Road, Harrodsburg, KY (859) 612-9670

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Tera B

Heaven on earth! Whoever you are, your celebration at Terrapin will be one for the books. Everyone there is most helpful, and it fulfills all of your wedding needs and wants! Love Brenda and Pete!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Devon R

We could not be happier with our wedding experience at Terrapin Hill Farm. Brenda was always available to answer any questions I had and helped me to find local sources, which was extremely helpful since I was planning the wedding from California. We held the rehearsal and... Read More dinner at the farm as well. Pete tended to a bonfire for us to cap off the wonderful weekend. We would highly recommend Terrapin Hill Farm for your wedding or any celebration! Thanks

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 bethany S

We had our wedding June 2017. We couldn't have been happier with the farm and services. Brenda and Pete we're very helpful and worked with our ideas ( and lack of ) . We will have great memories of our special day and the people who helped make it simple and a lot less... Read More stressful. I highly recommend Terrapin Hill farm for your event if your looking for a beautiful setting and great people to work with.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Jessica D

I can't say enough good things about Brenda and Pete and the farm. Brenda was so easygoing, while still staying on top of everything, and I definitely needed that in the stress of wedding planning. I opted to use her as a coordinator and that was such a great help. The farm is... Read More beautiful and had everything we need. We held our ceremony at the Chapel Stage and reception under the pavilion. We had rain up until 5 minutes before the ceremony started so we thought we were going to be forced into a ceremony under the pavilion. While that would have been fine, it wasn't what I had dreamed of and I was having a sad. Brenda and my MOH took control and used that 5 minutes of rain relief to move 100 chairs and guests back to the Chapel Stage. That was incredible and I am so glad, because it all felt perfect once I started walking down the aisle. Pete bartended for us and my friends really enjoyed him. Several of them have been to festivals at the farm before so they loved getting some time with the couple that makes it all happen. Pete also maintained a big bonfire for us and our guests got to relax around it and roast marshmallows. Favorite things about the farm: -No noise restrictions! This was an issue with some other locations but on the farm, we got to play our music loud and not worry about it. -No hard in/out. We got to come Friday and set up/rehearse, and came back Sunday to tear down. No fuss, no rush. We opted for the overnight package, worth it. We had about 30 friends that love camping and saving money, so they continued the party after we left and no one had to find a way home that night. Highly recommend this option, if you have any campers on your guest list. -No contracted vendors. I really can't stand vendors who force certain caterers down your throat. You are free to use whoever you like here, though Brenda was happy to recommend some when I asked. -BYOB. This saves a lot of $$ I have run out of space - eek! In summary, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Alicia J

I couldn't imagine having a wedding anywhere else. Getting married is such a special time in a person's life and Brenda and Pete know exactly how to make that time the best it could possibly be. Their property is breathtaking. After the wedding, (and after the most epic,... Read More gigantic bonfire) my husband and I just sat looking at the stars and taking all in. That is the most unforgettable moment of my life. It wouldn't have been possible without these two awesome people and their generosity in sharing their beautiful farm with us. If you are looking for the most beautiful, stress free wedding you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Anna C

We had the most amazing wedding weekend at Terrapin Hill. Brenda and Pete were wonderful to work with. We planned our wedding long distance. Brenda was in close communication with us, able to answer our questions, and provide advice/contacts if desired. During our wedding... Read More weekend Brenda and Pete were available to help with anything! We paid extra to have Brenda as "day of coordinator" which was well worth it. Both were available to help out and take care of matters but not invasive or overwhelming by any means. I think it is a good sign that looking back on our weekend, I see times when I could have actually leaned on Brenda and Pete a little more than I did! They were very helpful and thought of things I did not! To boot, our guests expressed how much they enjoyed our wedding. Comments I heard were: beautiful, laid back, relaxed, enjoyable, not stressful. Our goal was a more low-key wedding, Terrapin Hill was the perfect locale with the most enjoyable hosts that fostered our simply joyful wedding weekend.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Anna C

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Jenny P

Brenda and Pete were gracious hosts who were very willing to help us in whatever way we needed on our big day. Beautiful grounds and facilities, clean restrooms, and helpful staff helped to ensure that everything that could be done to make our wedding a success, was done. Very... Read More reasonable requirements for the cleanup and no restrictions on vendors. Thanks again to everyone at Terrapin Hill Farms for helping to make our Big Day so special!!! Would recommend to anyone interested in an outdoor wedding and reception.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Alyssa B

We had a beautiful wedding at Terrapin Hill Farm earlier this month. Our experience was wonderful from the start of our communication with the owners all the way through our wedding day. The owners had great ideas for decor and were very knowledgable about setting up their... Read More venue to meet our needs. They responded to all of our questions in a timely manner and also allowed us to visit the site multiple times before our wedding date. The staff of the farm were there the day of the wedding to help us out in any way possible which really made the day easy on us! The venue itself is very beautiful. It's very natural and rustic. We got married on the chapel stage and had our reception under the pavilion. All of the guests commented on how pretty it was. I cannot say enough good things about this venue and strongly suggest it to any soon-to-be bride in the area!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Anna O

Brenda and Pete went above and beyond to make our wedding day incredible. They were so accommodating and flexible to work with. We used Brenda's coordinating services and it couldn't have run smoother. She promptly answered all of our countless questions and emails leading up to... Read More the big day. When we got there she helped ensure that every detail was perfect. The farm crew was so helpful and assisted us with everything that we needed for set up and clean up. The farm property was an absolutely stunning setting and filled with positive energy. It really felt like we had the whole countryside to ourselves as the only noises to be heard were the sounds of birds chirping and the laughter of all of our guests having a great time.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Our wedding at Terrapin Hill Farm in July was beautiful and we can't thank Brenda and Pete enough for helping us to make it so special. We chose Terrapin Hill because of the gorgeous setting and the perfect facilities for an outdoor wedding. Their new stage, put up right before... Read More the wedding day was stunning and perfect for the ceremony. Brenda and Pete helped us with so many details and since it was very much a DIY wedding, we asked a lot of them. They helped so much in the planning stages too, recommending an amazing caterer Judy Gurnee and an excellent contact for a bluegrass band. The weather was tenuous leading up to the big day and they were happy for us to make multiple visits to concoct our plan B. The evening was so relaxed and guests loved wandering the property, and there is nothing like looking up at all those stars! We had a bonfire which my guests loved and they even brought their gorgeous Basset Hound puppies for a visit (at my request). Overall I would recommend this venue to anyone wanting a lovely space to create their own unique event. It will likely be a little more work for you than a more traditional wedding venue (this is a working farm after all) but it was well worth it and you have the satisfaction of knowing you planned every detail.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Jessica B

We had a wonderful experience at Terrapin! Brenda, Pete, and their staff member Charlie, were so incredibly helpful and supportive throughout the whole process. The venue provided a beautiful backdrop for our wedding that our guests are still raving about. It is the perfect... Read More venue for the couple that loves nature and wants something laid back and cozy. Make sure to get the bonfire!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Angela G

The Cashells' are absolutely amazing people to deal with. They were so accommodating and flexible. Such wonderful people to do business with. The farm is beautiful and the farm crew worked so hard to make sure everything was prefect. Well definately be back to see them. :)

What an amazing place!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Mary Rachel J

Terrapin Hill Farm made for the most amazing wedding for my husband and I! If you are looking for a venue that doesn't bog you down with rules, and limitations all while providing an amazing setting and atmosphere look no further! Brenda and Pete (farm owners) are such amazing... Read More people, offering their amazing land and services speaks volumes on their behalf. Brenda was so helpful and so easy going about the entire process it almost made it feel like you were planning with a friend. I couldn't be more thrilled with how everything turned out. It rained on our wedding day, and was a bit chilly, but Brenda and Pete made sure everyone stayed comfortable and cared for. This venue allows you to choose what you would like for your big day and on your time. No hidden costs for things you may not need or want, and always a quick and friendly reply to any questions you may have while planning. I couldn't speak more highly of another venue because there are none like it! You and your family and friends will love it! Thanks so much Terrapin Hill Farm!

My dream wedding!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Tiffany C

I've been going to Terrapin Hill Farm for their festivals for years with my now husband. We knew from the moment we decided to get married that Terrapin Hill was the place we wanted our special day to happen. The farm is beautiful! Our ceremony was held on a hill overlooking the... Read More amazing countryside. The reception was at the pavilion and was perfect. Pete, Brenda and the rest of the Terrapin staff were absolutely amazing! They helped us with every detail we needed. Their efforts really made our big day exactly what I had dreamed of!

Terrapin Hill is the BEST!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Stephanie W

Brenda and Pete of Terrapin Hill are the most gracious hosts a bride could hope for! They are patient, informative, and accommodating. Their farm provides the most gorgeous backdrop for a wedding, they assist with logistics and setup where needed. They set my pre-wedding jitters... Read More at ease with quick responses to my inquiries, and early on provided me with local vendor recommendations that proved incredibly helpful. I highly recommend Terrapin Hill for a laidback, outdoor wedding of your dreams!