Thalassa Restaurant

Ballroom, Loft, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

179 Franklin St, New York, NY (212) 941-7661

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Lyss L

THE BEST!! Great service, delicious Mediterranean food, beautiful space, and the epitome of professionalism. My new wife and I came across Thalassa last year while searching online for a venue for our wedding reception (extended cocktail style). We had been very disappointed... Read More by several of NYC's top restaurants due to their lack of attention, communication, and detail. When we contacted Thalassa, we were introduced to their general manager, Tasso. He was the game-changer! It quickly became clear that Tasso was extremely detail-oriented, communicative, and dedicated to ensuring our satisfaction. This effort, exhibited before we had even tasted menu items, put Thalassa at the top of our list. I scheduled a tasting with Tasso, on a busy Saturday night no less, and he could not have been more accommodating. He toured me around his beautiful restaurant while my fiancee was FaceTime'ing with us. We immediately fell in love with the wine cellar, which is furnished with masterfully hand-crafted Greek wood tables. Then I began wine tasting. The selection is to die for! Afterwards, I began sampling several items from the Private Events Menu. The freshness, quality, and delectability of each bite was almost overwhelming. That locked us in. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Tasso was communicating with us regularly and responding to any questions we had. Truly attentive. Needless to say, our wedding reception went off exquisitely. Tasso even made arrangements for our live singers to perform using the on-site PA system. We received countless compliments on the food and service provided my Thalassa's staff. The tastiness of the food reflected its beautiful presentation. The bartenders and butlers were always available to us and our guests. Many of our friends and family also commented on the beautiful decor and ambiance. We did not decorate a thing. That's just how Thalassa rolls. Thalassa, Tasso, and Chef Ralpheal Abrahante were the BEST! I wish I could add more stars to this review.

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 J C

We had our wedding here, and it was incredible! So many of our guests said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, the best food they'd ever had at a wedding, and we owe it entirely to the Thalassa staff (especially Tasso, the event coordinator). From day one Tasso was so... Read More helpful in our planning - everything from figuring out the contract, to scheduling a tasting, to working out the timeline on the day of, to accepting deliveries and packages for our event. The restaurant was gorgeous for our wedding, and the staff was so great - guests never had an empty glass, plates were cleared immediately, our cake and cupcakes were presented and served perfectly - the entire day was completely seamless and smooth because of their expertise and impeccable service. We can't wait to go back and celebrate anniversaries and other occasions at Thalassa - we highly recommend them for any event you are considering. They helped give us the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Nadine W

From the moment my daughter and her fiancé entered Thalassa to have dinner eight months prior to their wedding, they knew that this was where their wedding reception was destined to be. They could not have chosen a more perfect venue. Tasso worked magic, and like the true... Read More professional he is, was patient and supportive. His behind the scenes efforts and the guidance he gave was a perfect mother-of-the-bride’s best substitute. The staff was exceptional and the food absolutely delicious. Everyone at Thalassa extended 110% effort to assure the reception was perfect. Thalassa is a 5 star venue. Every effort was made to create a welcoming, accommodating, beautiful evening. It is my honor to highly recommend Thalassa to anyone in need of a reception venue.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Stephanie H

There are not enough stars to give an honest rating to Thalassa and Tasso (Thalassa's event coordinator)! My wife and I were married at Thalassa on 9/4/16, and Tasso and the staff there worked tirelessly to put on an absolutely perfect wedding for us! From the moment we set... Read More foot in Thalassa to visit as a potential wedding venue, we were greeted with impeccable service and a beautiful atmosphere. We had a rather long planning time of 1.5 years, during which Tasso was so patient, reassuring, and wonderful. Each time we visited the restaurant to either show our photographers or our parents, Tasso and the staff made sure we were taken care of with drinks, snacks, and a comfortable place to sit and plan. Whether we were 1 year or 3 days before our wedding date, Tasso always responded to inquiries immediately, and was always ready to accommodate any extra need we might have. The wedding day itself could not have been more perfect. The restaurant was set up so beautifully, the staff were so attentive and polite, and Tasso was there to oversee everything. The food was absolutely fantastic and just as delicious as anytime we went into the restaurant for a more typical dining experience. The bartenders and serving staff were amazing, and always present should anyone need anything. Tasso, the staff, and Thalassa in general are truly amazing. They seamlessly transition a fantastic restaurant into a perfect wedding venue from one day to the next, and do so with absolute elegance, patience, and the utmost perfect customer service. My wife and I are so thankful we had our wedding at Thalassa, and are so excited to continue to go back for brunch, dinner, and cocktails to relive the perfect day that Tasso and Thalassa gave us. For anyone who is considering having an event at Thalassa - we promise you, this is the place to be!

Great Venue, Great Service, Great Wedding

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Kyle B

We got married at Thalassa over memorial day weekend 2014. My husband and I, both in our early 30's, were looking for a venue that wasn't the traditional ball room feel and had it's own character. We were looking for a place that 1) we could manage logistically since we... Read More didn't hire a wedding planner or day-of planner, 2) provided in-house catering, and 3) had separate rooms for each part of the event. Thalassa exceeded all of these attributes. The restaurant manager - Tasso - is great. He's been at Thalassa for several years, has overseen weddings there before, and is willing to provide the customer service necessary to ensure everything runs smoothly. This was a huge bonus, and comfort factor going into a wedding with no planner, but everything went great. The staff was also great. Only compliments from guests on the food and service. It rained at the end of the reception, and staff members helped our family members into cabs without umbrellas. Proof of outstanding service. Only compliments for the food, and the decor (which we added very little since everything looks great as is). Venue - What we loved about it was that it's 3 levels. The ceremony occurred in the wine cellar, cocktail hour in the main dining, and reception in the loft. Total guest list was 120, which is maxing it out, but still comfortable. Not everyone could view the ceremony from downstairs due to size constraints but they were able to see from the side or the balcony. No one cared. The separation of space is so great because it adds a unique component to each part. Only compliments around. Overall, highly recommend

Start a Conversation!