Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Online Ordering, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion Services, Fashion

1 Towne Centre Blvd, Fredericksburg, VA (540) 370-8574

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Alina S

That's my Dress did NOT provide the experience I wanted. As a bride I really expected to be listened too by the bridal shop. Yes, they have a gorgeous assortment of dresses but that's about it. I fell in love with a dress and when I was measured, to keep this short, they didn't... Read More listen to me. I know my body. They ordered a size I was adamantly against and yet they said "you can always get it altered." You know what? Yes. But I'M paying for those alterations. So after unenthused phone calls, never returning my questions... my dress came in 9 months later. AND IT WAS HUGE! I'm talking... 4 inches too big. I was in TEARS! And yes one associate said "You did say you were going to loose the weight." So they send me off to get a dress sized for an elephant... because they don't do alterations in house. Thank GOD for FAB Alterations on Plank Road. THEY'RE they heroes. After months of crying and anxiety over my dress, Fab Alterations LISTENED and made it right and finally on my wedding day I fell in love with my dress. So here it is - Don't get your dress from That's My Dress unless you have a ton of time, are ok with what you're getting, and don't expect phone calls. But no matter where you DO get your dress from, got to Fab Alterations on Plank Road.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Holly R

This business is nothing short of awful. We did not get what we wanted what so ever. 1 out of the 4 dresses we ordered and paid for up front were correct. I ordered my bridesmaids dresses from here December 9th. I was told 3-4 months. And that's plenty of time for them to be... Read More here. I began calling to check up on them in April, between my calls being dodged to feeling not valued, it got tiring. This was supposed to be one of the things that wasn't stressful. And it turned out to be the most stressful part of all the wedding planning. One of the times I went in to check on the status of my dresses I got my order print outs from a sweet girl who worked there. On one of the print outs it says it wasn't ordered til APRIL 28th. Oh and they used bridal show coupons on them as well. Just shows my dresses we not ordered when they were supposed to be and they get you to pay full price for something they are getting a discount on. The bridesmaids dresses came in 2 weeks before my wedding, unorganized and wrong. One of the dresses was a completely different color grey than the other two and a size that we didn't order at all ( I figure it was the dress off the floor since that was the size and it was no longer on the floor since the week before when I went in to check) 3 of the dresses were supposed to have pockets, only one dress ended up having pockets. And we had to completely alter 2 out of the 3, so why did I have my girls travel from Woodbridge, richmond, Florida, and stafford to be sized when they weren't even ordering the correct size. Also the owner told the alterations people to put all the prom and everyone else's stuff aside and get this done. Just rude to those people who had nothing to do with her company's mistakes. Since the dresses came in so late one of my bridesmaids even had to call out of work to be able to get there and try it on to prove it wasn't going to work with her sick baby. Then the owner wanted to make a whole new back so it would allow extra room with a "dress the same material and color back at the shop that she WOULDNT MIND CUTTING UP." So when we asked what plan b would be if this didn't turn out since it wouldn't be done til 2 days before the wedding day. She said we didn't need one that this would work. Well 3 minutes later she tells us the dress company just called and is sending us another one..... but I thought we didn't need a plan b? Fast forward to a few days later when that dress came in from the company (took 2 days to get that...so why did we have to order 3-4 months ahead of time?) it was 4 sizes too big? I just don't understand any of this because no one was being straight up with us. Yes the owner paid for the alterations, gave me a bottle of wine, and a free garter, but none of that makes up for a nightmare that could have been avoided and expecting exceptional customer service. Apparently according to Valerie my wedding date, May 20 2017 will go down in history as a nightmare for the dress companies. Or maybe just don't lead your clients on.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Jackie C

My experience with this shop has been a nightmare! The day I found my dress, which was in June, was great. I was treated so nicely and the ladies there made me feel important. After putting a deposit down on my dress, I was told it would be ready between 4-6 mos and they would... Read More call me when it comes in. Come January, seven mos later, no call. I call the store and nobody I talked to had an answer for where my dress was or when it would be there. One of the few times I called, a lady told me that they were really busy with other clients in the store so they had to call me back. Which made me feel like since they already had my sale, I'm no longer important. After days of calling them and not getting a phone call in return with answers, I go in the store. I asked a lady that worked there where my dress was and by what they told me when I put the deposit down I should have had it already. She tells me it won't be there until the beginning of APRIL! (Ten mos after purchasing the dress!) It's April. I go in the store, nope. Still not there! I was questioned if there was a reason why I wanted my dress 6 mos before the wedding! I was told the manufacturer looks at the wedding date and the arrival of the dress is based on that. After getting avoided, lied to and getting fed with all these absurd excuses I just want a refund. They refused to give me my money back and the owner told me she would call the manufacturer and call me on Monday to let me know the status. It's Monday and it's 11 pm. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!! I wish I had!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 A C

We used That’s My Dress for our bridesmaids’ dresses. The bridesmaids could pick any dress but they all had to be the same and in the color I picked. The staff made us feel at home and let us all have a fun day pulling dresses and trying on the different dresses. We even had 2... Read More little ones and they didn’t mind at all. It was a little tough since they do not have different sizes in all the different dresses so not everyone was able to try on the dress we picked and had to order based off of measurements. It turned out fine and all the girls looked great in their dresses. I would recommend going with plenty of time for the dresses to come in. We went in May and the dresses arrived the beginning of August. The girls had 2-3 weeks to get alterations and they all at least needed to be hemmed. With busy schedules, I just felt that my bridesmaids were rushed to get their alterations done in time.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 C P

I had the greatest experience ever at That's My Dress. Valarie was very sweet and helpful,and I even got to speak with the designer of my dress (David Tutera) himself it was so breathtaking . I was feeling very helpless until I came across this bridal shop because I found and... Read More fell in love with a dress online that was a part of the David Tutera collection and NOBODY had it yet and it would be well over 6months before they could even get this style in their shop. So i tried to forget about it and I went to every bridal shop in my area, they all tried to get me in a dress similar to this one particular dress that I wanted but none of them seem to be the right dress for me. So I decide to start back looking for the dress I wanted at first. This time I called other bridal shops far off and thats when I came across That's My Dress which was only 2 hours away. I must say if it wasn't for Valarie and the connections she has I wouldnt be happy on this day. Im very blessed and grateful to have found my NEELA lol its so gorgeous and im in love with it. I would like to send my special thanks to Valarie for all her help and David Tutera for designing this beautiful dress. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Dani G

I made an appointment about a week before I went in, extremely excited to be able to try on some beautiful dresses. I'm not exactly a size 10 so my selection was extremely limited. Ontop of that it was as if my family and I were the only ones picking out dresses for me- which is... Read More complete chaos since I came with 5 other women. We had to share an area with another bride and her family- which didn't exactly work out. My consultant was very sweet, but wasn't able to give me 100% of her attention. I was ready to go and left feeling pretty down and overwhelmed. I understand how businesses have their busy times, but this was supposed to be a special day for me, my family and my soon to be in laws. Hence the reason I made an appointment. Maybe they should cut back on how many appointments they book at once. I think if my family had a place to sit and relax, the appointment would have been better controlled and I wouldn't have felt overwhelmed. Also, if there was more dresses in more sizes for us girls who have a little bit more up top. Thankfully I did have a plan B and booked an appointment at another shop where I found my dream dress, so the day did end great!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015

Val and her girls are so amazing!!! They were so personable, fun, and friendly! They listen to your style and what you're thinking and help you so much! They even picked out the dress I said yes too! I've been to other bridal stores and this was my best experience. They truly... Read More make it about you and help you for your special day! Val and her girls really have the experience you're wanting whether it's you're first time trying or dresses or your fifth time. The truly are the best!

Absolutely Fabulous

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

From the moment I walked in to even weeks after my wedding I have felt important to the store and I could say I feel like family. From Brittany helping me try on at least 10 dresses even though the first dress was the one to Val finding a seamstress to fix my father-in-laws... Read More pants the day before the wedding. These ladies truly care about the BRIDE! I found my dress in March and by August I had lost 5 dress sizes. Brittany could see the panic in my face but made me feel at ease with her kind voice and words. Vicky, the seamstress was phenomenal. I don't know how she did it, but she basically made me a "new dress". And then when I lost another 3 dress sizes in two weeks she just fixed it again. I felt so bad, but she was so incredibly patient with me. I mean good for me for losing weight and trying to be healthy, but I know taking in a dress that much can't be easy. But, I tell you the dress was the talk of the wedding. Yes our wedding was beautiful due to all the vendors, but I looked so incredible in that dress that all eyes were on me. I am so lucky to have found That's My Dress, and I will tell you those are literally the words that came out of my mouth when I finally picked it. Please come see these ladies, you will not be disappointed. It has been 3 weeks since my wedding and I still get big ole smiles and hugs when I drop by just to say HI!

Bridal Gown

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Tracie K

I would definitely recommend this place to any bride the customer service is spectacular and I found my dream dress here!!! Their shop was so nice and they all welcomed me and my family and were so nice to us.