The 173 Carlyle House

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

At the 173 Carlyle House in Norcross, Georgia, the event coordinators have a few rules about weddings. First, the bride and groom need to feel like guests at their own wedding. Second, everything about the event needs to be surrounded with graceful elegance. This stunning venue offers both indoor and outdoor event spaces for full flexibility. You can plan every facet of your wedding day at the 173 Carlyle House.

Grand Ballroom. This charming event space offers every indoor amenity you could want. Generous windows provide plenty of natural light, as well as splendorous views of the trees and gardens on the grounds. An ornate chandelier serves as a gorgeous focal point. French doors lead out to the wrap-around porch. The Grand Ballroom will accommodate up to 300 guests for a buffet reception and 200 guests for a seated dinner.

Drawing Rooms. With five drawing rooms in the home, the space for accommodating guests is extensive. Your intimate gathering can use one room or you can use them all.

Terrace. When an open-air event is in your plans, the 173 Carlyle House terrace is the place to be. Surrounded by the lush beauty of the gardens and grounds, your ceremony and reception can't help but be flawless. This space can accommodate up to 250 guests and the terrace can be tented.

The event staff at 173 Carlyle House can provide you with as much or as little help as you want with your wedding plans. A wedding planner is assigned to every wedding event. From here, you can be involved with choosing wedding services such as florists and photographers or you can hand everything off to your planner to handle.

This all-inclusive venue is a bride's dream, thanks to the extensive services included with every event. The facility fee for rental of 173 Carlyle House includes full use of the venue with tables, chairs, white linens, tableware and candles with hurricanes on each table. You also have use of a dance floor.

Chef William Janousek is in charge of the culinary team at the venue. With his expertise, you are assured of a tempting reception menu. The chef will consult with you to learn your desires and tastes and then he will create a menu that fits you and your style. Tasting opportunities are provided for every couple. Wedding cakes are a specialty of Chef Janousek. Imagine your dream wedding cake and chances are, he can make your dream a reality.

The venue provides on-site parking for more than 100 vehicles. Overflow parking is also available. The facility assures full handicap access.

With the generous and responsive southern hospitality of the event staff at 173 Carlyle House, your wedding is sure to be an unforgettable success. The team strives to grant every request. Package enhancements are also available.

• Request a linen upgrade to receive colored napkins
  • Host your rehearsal dinner at the venue

Hosting stylish events is our specialty.

Wedding receptions...ceremonies...rehearsal dinners. Award-winning chef. 1800s historic house with large ballroom. Two acres of lush landscaping. New terrace allows for a fresh approach to outdoor dining and ceremonies.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Tented

173 S Peachtree St, Norcross, GA (770) 662-5800

Wedding Reception Location was Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/03/2014 Ashley D

From the start of planning I knew I was in good hands with Gerise- she quickly put me at ease in the planning and assured me that she would help with all the details for the reception. It was really nice to have the food, cake and venue with just one vendor, rather than... Read More coordinate between a caterer, a bakery and a venue and try to keep everyone informed and on the same page. We actually held our rehearsal dinner here the night before the reception, and the expansive menu variety allowed us to have a completely different vibe for each evening! The food was superb- we got so many compliments on the dinner as well as the gorgeous cake! I was able to send over a few photos of the types of details I was looking for, and Gerise was able to put them together and create exactly what I was looking for! Would definitely recommend this vendor, not just for the location and cost, but for the ease of mind that goes along with planning the perfect day! Thank you so much!

So great to work with - beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Laura C

In one word, our wedding at the Carlyle House was PERFECT. If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t change a thing! After looking at several venues around the area, we knew we had found the place for our wedding as soon as we walked into the Carlyle House – we loved... Read More that it had the classic “original house” space for cocktail hour, the newer ballroom, and the beautiful outdoor space (including the wrap around porch!), all with a little Southern charm. The house has so much character, and we had the freedom to customize a lot of things related to our day - which we loved. Gerise, the wedding coordinator, was SO great to work with and was always very responsive and flexible throughout the whole planning process. Everything was taken care of, and from the planning process to the night of the wedding, it all just ran so smoothly. Our guests loved the food (especially the shrimp & grits martinis and our cake!), and several of our guests told us afterwards that it was their favorite venue they’ve ever been to – we agree :) Thank you so much!!!

Truly a Blessing!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Tara B

Afternoon Gerise, Now that we are settling into our home and looking back at videos from the wedding, we can't help but try to rewind the time to our wedding! That day went by super fast, I honestly thought people were joking when they told us the day would go quick. Gerise,... Read More we had an AMAZING time and you made our day even more beautiful. Our family and friends have said our wedding and reception was one they've NEVER seen and people will have a hard time trying to top it! Thanks so much for your advice and patience while working closely with us. We appreciate you greatly and would recommend you to anyone wanting an outstanding party that will leave your guests and you overjoyed. We got our cake topper and other items from the reception. I can't say it enough, you out did yourselves and made our day the best!. From the food, service, preparation and set up; to the beautiful environment for photos. Even our second line entrance was a hit, it's now on youtube! I will always remember this day and cherish it for the rest of my life! Thank you so much for all you've done, we pray you have many more blessed events that bring joy and love that will last a lifetime. Many thanks, William and Tara Johnson July 7, 2013 Check out our wedding website: http://willandtara.modwedding.com

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Natalie J

The Carlyle House was truly wonderful in every possible way. After visiting a few different venues, I walked away from The Carlyle House and cancelled all of my future venue appointments. The Carlyle House and the surrounding grounds are beautiful. There are a ton of different... Read More spaces to utilize, which provided amazing areas to guests to celebrate in at my wedding- quaint, elegant, charming rooms inside the house, a spacious, luxurious, and beautiful ballroom, wrap around porches with rocking chairs and tables, courtyard for both the ceremony as well as outdoor seating during the reception, and gorgeous grounds, full of trees and flowers- perfect for pictures. Gerise, the venue coordinator, is like "the cool aunt" you always wanted. She makes you feel like family. Gerise was quick to respond to my inquiries, inviting and welcoming, attentive to my needs, always gracious with her time, always offering to meet in person, and extremely reassuring. She was truly such a fun blessing- she made the planning and coordinating a seamless and stress free process! The food was INCREDIBLE... seriously, wedding food is never that good. All of my guests were raving about the food, service, and venue spaces! The Carlyle House was also EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE! The Carlyle House made me feel like I was the only bride in the world and were such a joy and comfort to work with!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Eh-den P

I cannot begin to explain how helpful Gerise was at the Carlyle House. Any question I had was answered promptly and precisely. Any anxiety I may have had was quickly melted away knowing I was in good hands. The actual day of, the wedding went smoothly, and each specific task,... Read More from the catering, to the chuppah, was well handled so I didn't have to stress. I would more than recommend having a wedding at the Carlyle House.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Andi C

Stop your search and choose the Carlyle House! My daughter's wedding here was incredible. The venue itself is so beautiful - an old Southern house with beautiful chandeliers and a glassed in room for the ceremony and reception. They also let you customize decorations for the... Read More mantlepieces and bookshelves scattered throughout the house, making it really "your" wedding and not some mass produced event. The food is great - cooked on site using really fresh ingredients. Our guests complimented us on the good food. And, perhaps most importantly, Gerise, the venue coordinator, was amazing. With her at the helm, there is no need for a high priced wedding consultant. She helped us with all aspects of organizing the wedding, and was incredibly patient and great about answering what felt like hundreds of emails we sent. She also helped us stay within our budget. She directed the ceremony & made sure the wedding and reception ran incredibly smoothly. And, although this is unlikely to happen to anyone else, she helped us pull off a wedding during a weekend ice storm. She was great - even offered to pick up her staff in a four wheel drive vehicle to get them there. The staff all arrived and did a marvelous job during the ice storm - my daughter got the wedding of her dreams, despite the weather! This is a family run business, not a corporate entity, and it shows. You just can't do better than this venue.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lauren L

My husband and I were married at The 173 Carlyle House this past weekend and it was an AWESOME experience! Geriese is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Along with her team; they made our special day absolutely better than I could have imagined! The cake and food that are made in house are... Read More AMAZING as well! The venue itself is gorgeous so minimum decorations do a lot! I could not have found a better place to have my special day! Thank you to all that made 10/29 a day to remember forever! The Grants!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hyo K

I highly recommend this place for your big day! Gerise was so great for helping me planning wedding. She always responds really quick and willing to help! Also very flexible with everything too. On wedding day her and her staffs were so helpful and stayed top of everything so I... Read More didn't have to worry about anything!! Food was wonderful and everyone was pleased!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Roxanne P

We were married at Carlyle House on October 8th and everything about the day was everything we envisioned it to be and so much more! The venue is absolutely stunning. The wrap around porch and rocking chairs are wonderful on fall days for guests to sit back relax and enjoy... Read More cocktails. When you walk into this Victorian style house, you are blown away by all the beautiful chandeliers that are elegantly hanging in all the rooms. The big mantles and fireplaces add a romantic touch. So no matter where your guests are, they are embraced by the warmth and love this house embodies. My favorite room in the house is the ballroom and it is incredible! Two walls of windows line the ballroom so that guest can look out into the beautiful terrace and courtyard. The staff was very accommodating and attentive to all the guests. Gerise is so wonderful to work with. No matter what you need, she will make sure it is taken care of. She makes sure that your wedding day is everything you envisioned it to be, without any of the stress. We were able to relax and enjoy our day. We loved that this place was a one stop shop and could take care of everything for us; food, wedding cake and alcohol. The food was delicious and all of the guests raved about it. Our favorite was their shrimp and grits....which are to die for. Basically this place has it all and we are so thankful we selected The Carlyle House as our wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 olga w

Carlyle House is very unique place that combines outstanding value for the wedding couple, supported by great service and elegant style. As an Event Planner I'm proud to be their partner and they are always on the top of my venue list for any celebration. I've planned several... Read More events at Carlyle House and must say - choose Carlyle and you will be happy you did. Planning with Gerise (venue director) is easy- breezy and budget savvy. Carlyle House gets my vote!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Katelyn D

Absolutely in love with our venue choice for our wedding. We couldn't have picked a better place. The layout of the venue is absolutely perfect for a ceremony, cocktail hour, & reception to be held on the same property, and can still be in 3 separate areas of the venue to make a... Read More perfect flow for your entire evening! Gerise & the staff were incredible & very accommodating to anything we needed. Parking was plentiful, the space for our large wedding was more than enough, & the food was excellent! There's no strict rules or hidden stipulations like some of those "wedding factory" type venues. :) I think my sister is actually jealous that she already chose a venue for her wedding because she wanted to have it here! haha!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

We are so thankful we found the Carlyle House for David and Marcy’s wedding! The main house is so charming with its wrap around porch outside and several old fireplaces with interesting mantels inside in the various rooms. Stunning European chandeliers and fixtures hang... Read More throughout the facility. The banquet hall is beautiful with its huge chandeliers and windows on two walls that look out onto lovely gardens that surround the site. The property lends itself to many photo opportunities. Gerise has years of experience in planning special events and weddings. She is positive, encouraging, relaxed, and quite easy to work with throughout the planning process. She was always available to answer our many questions. With the meal plans we were happy with the variety of menu choices. The bride decided on several appetizers (the Baked Brie en Croute is awesome!) followed by an Italian feast! We were so pleased to serve our guests such a delicious meal. We highly recommend the Carlyle House!

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Maggie M

The Carlyle House is AMAZING! The pricing was spot on for our budget (we did everything-- decorations, ceremony, reception, food, drinks, etc for 100 guests for under $10K TOTAL for the wedding... including my dress and his suit!). I would recommend them wholeheartedly and... Read More definitely suggest you check them out. Gerise is a pleasure to work with and makes the whole process so easy. The venue is gorgeous, and the chef is excellent!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 keigh b

It is hard to know where to start in recommending 173 Carlyle House. There are too many wonderful things I could say. It is such a great blend of a vintage, older home feel but also has a nice sized ballroom with beautiful crystal chandeliers, hardwood floors, and chiavari... Read More chairs. Having the wedding on a May evening also afforded us the opportunity to rent a large tent where we had after dinner dancing. We opted for a southern menu including a delicious biscuit bar and they were so accommodating to incorporate our menu. We were also able to bring in some of our own personal treasure to decorate the four mantels and a bookcase in the old house. Many guests enjoyed the rocking chairs and the cocktail tables set up on the porch, especially during the cocktail hour. The overall atmosphere was exactly what my daughter had described as her vision for her wedding. But those are the basics. What really made the experience so enjoyable in the planning aspect was the event coordinator, Gerise Janousek. She was so calm, so easy going, so quick to respond to any (and all!) questions, and just so nice and accommodating to our needs AND wants. It is with great pleasure and wonderful memories that I highly recommend 173 Carlyle House!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Kate G

The Carlyle House made my wedding perfect! I had the best vendors ever, thanks to their recommendations. Gerise was beyond patient and helpful in everyday possible. Everything went smoothly and according to plan. Food was amazing :).

Daghter's Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Melissa v

The Carlyle House is an absolutely beautiful venue. We couldn't have been more pleased overall with the reception! The food is excellent! Our only disappointment was that the wedding cake nor the groom's cake (a double layer chocolate chip cookie cake) tasted near as good as... Read More the cakes at the tasting we went to! We had 13 tables/10 people each (a few had 11) in the ballroom with the buffet in the main house. Would not have wanted to have any more tables than that.

Don't waste time with other venues !

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

The 173 Carlyle House is the best venue in town for your wedding and reception ! The house is large and well maintained. It has it's own, large parking lot. The menu items are varied and can be chosen to fit anyone's budget and tastes. They encourage you to bring in your own... Read More decorations to personalize your wedding and reception. Gerise that runs The Carlyle House is calm , efficient, and infinitely patient. She kept me up to date on everything I needed to know. We have gotten so many compliments on the wedding that I have lost count. The food was amazing and cooked onsite. The bar staff was professional and fast. No waiting in line for drinks. each room had personal touches that my daughter had added. I am most pleased with the amazing wedding and reception we received !

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

I loved the Carlyle House for our wedding. The whole process was relatively simple- as simple as a wedding can be. You are able to customize this venue however you want and Gerise, the coordinator is very helpful and upfront with you. The whole 13 months of my planning, I really... Read More enjoyed working with her and trusted her throughout the process. The day of my wedding- everything went pretty smoothly and Gerise really knows how to handle a large crowd and everything else. The few things were forgotten here and there, but that happens. The only thing I would say that we disliked was after Gerise left for the evening, the owner and the staff were a little pushy on getting us out BEFORE our time was up at 10PM. At 9:30PM while people were still dancing and the DJ was still playing, the staff was already breaking down the tables and moving the decorations, which somewhat fizzled out the party. My MIL mentioned it to them, and they apologized, but continued to clean. That is my ONLY complaint!! This venue is pretty great!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Kristin R

Our wedding last October was beautiful and surprisingly stress-free thanks to the wonderful people at the Carlyle House! Gerise was fantastic to work with, incredibly professional, and quick to respond to any and all questions or concerns. We were thrilled with our ceremony and... Read More reception and would happily recommend this beautiful venue to any bride and groom!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

The service and the food were delicious, and we were in good hands with Gerise who was very easy to work with. We used this for the rehearsal dinner, and we were very pleased with the atmosphere which was just perfect.

Simple Southern Charm

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Andrea P

The Carlyle House went above and beyond my expectations for a reception venue. The venue itself is beautiful as well as spotlessly clean. The food was incredible, both in taste and the fact that it was all prepared on-site. Gerise was there to promptly answer any questions we... Read More had and gave knowledgeable insight into any problems that arose. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a charming and convenient venue at an affordable price.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Cara S

We hosted our daughter's wedding reception at the 173 Carlyle House and were very pleased. The food was delicious and the service was great! I would highly recommend using this venue! Thank you Gerise and your wonderful team!

Wedding Reception-Don & Debbie Howell

Reviewed on 6/07/2015

My new husband and I could not be happier with our choice of The Carlyle House for our wedding reception. It was an elegant and romantic venue! The historic portion of the home had mantels on which we could display family pictures, adding a very personal touch. There was a... Read More sideboard perfect for our candy bar – a treat which thrilled our guests. But the candy bar was second to the delicious variety of dishes prepared by Chef which had our guests raving for days after. The presentation was attractive and the service was attentive. But even more wonderful than the mouth-watering food and enchanting venue, is Gerise, the angelic event specialist! As with all events, we hit a few ‘wrinkles’. One of our cakes was too moist and yummy to support the cake topper we wanted and started sliding apart. Gerise calmly informed me of the situation and presented a game plan. So, we were able to put it behind us and focus on our friends. Little did I know that the cake didn’t recover and Gerise, Chef and the marvelous staff modified the plan. Guests were none the wiser and were still able to enjoy slices of the delicious cake. The other potential problem was a miscommunication with our DJ. Gerise offered a solution which was absolutely perfect and, again, our guests were not aware of the misstep. When trying to create a celebratory experience for our friends, we not only chose the most wonderful venue and scrumptious food, but we were very blessed to have Gerise and her service team to guide us through the bumps of the evening. We cannot say enough about The Carlyle House!! Don & Debbie Howell

A wonderful wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/05/2015

Our daughter's wedding reception at 173 Carlyle House was just beautiful. We were all so happy with the experience, from working with Gernise to the day itself. We can whole heartedly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a personal and memorable event.

Really great venue!

Reviewed on 4/24/2015

We had our ceremony and our reception at 173 Carlyle House. We wanted somewhere that could pretty much do everything in house, and they definitely delivered. Gerise was great and really catered to our needs. The food was delicious, and they really came through with my blue... Read More velvet wedding cake. The staff kind of made some of my other vendors feel rushed, though. They told my photo booth person to start breaking down 45 minutes before the end of our reception. But overall, I was very pleased.