The Barn At Gibbet Hill

Ballroom, Barn

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

61 Lowell Road, Groton, MA (978) 448-3233

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Elizabeth B

We could not be more thrilled that we chose Gibbet Hill for our wedding venue. From the first time that we booked Gibbet Hill to our wedding day, the entire wedding planning process was a dream. First, the venue. Gibbet Hill is gorgeous. The grounds, the porch, the barn –... Read More everything is beautiful and kept up to the most perfect standards. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how incredible and unique the venue was. Gibbet Hill provides all of the food (except the cake) and much of the produce comes directly from their farm. The food is OUTSTANDING. I can't even count how many people told us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. The hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour, the plated meals, the dessert bar, the thank you donuts – everything was superb and every guest left absolutely stuffed. The drinks were also fantastic, and they were strong, which I thought was amazing given that we were having an open bar and many weddings have relatively weak drinks. When we were choosing a wedding venue, we did not realize how important the venue is for the entire wedding day. Gibbet Hill took care of almost everything and in the scheme of things, there was little I needed to coordinate myself. Sara Lin was our wedding coordinator and we could not love her more. From our first meeting to our hundreds of emails back and forth, she was kind, professional, and so caring. She had an incredible way of being so efficient and so detail-oriented yet at the same time being calming and relieving our stress. In the final weeks leading up to our wedding, our family was quite stressed about many little details of the wedding day and I kept telling everyone "Sara Lin has it" or "just follow what Sara Lin says." I felt 100% confident that the day was going to run smoothly because Sara Lin was there. I dropped our wedding decorations off several days before the event and Sara Lin put everything together on the day of the wedding. When I arrived before our first-look, she gave me a tour of the space and how she had incorporated all of our decorations and I was BLOWN AWAY. She not only enacted my vision but she made everything even more incredible than I had imagined. I should stop gushing. The rest of the staff was also stupendous and the Chef went so far out of her way to work with us to create the menu we were looking for. The day of our wedding, it rained and I was nervous we wouldn't be able to have our ceremony out on the lawn. But all of the staff pulled together to wipe down all of the chairs and place all of our decorations outside as soon as it stopped raining in order for us to be outside. We cannot recommend Gibbet Hill more highly and feel just so glad that we chose Gibbet Hill as our wedding venue. We can't wait to go back for our 1 year anniversary dinner!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Elizabeth W

You know the saying "something always goes wrong on your wedding day?" Well, it's simply not possible if you choose this venue. My husband and I were BLOWN AWAY by the attentiveness of the Gibbet Hill's staff. Andrea, Jill and Deirdre catered to our every need, and our guests... Read More every need. My father-in-law has ulcertive colitis, so he's severely limited in what he can eat. The Barn not only accommodated for his dietary needs, but they made sure to continue to check on him throughout the night to ensure he was satisfied. The Barn makes getting married and planning for a ceremony & reception EASY. They truly do it ALL for you. As the bride, I didn't have to worry about a thing. I didn't once have to think if everyone was in the right place at the right time, when we should cut the cake, etc. Everything was taken care of us by our amazing event staff, Andrea, Deirdre and Jill. I'm also not the best with decorations, but Deirdre took everything I provided and it turned it into wedding perfection! It looked like a day straight from a magazine. On behalf of my husband and I, I want to thank all of you for making us feel like Kings and Queens and helping us put on a beautiful wedding. If you're looking for a wedding venue to celebrate the biggest day of your life, look no further than the Barn! 10/10 would recommend!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Tina L

Amazing experience from start to finish. If you appreciate a beautiful venue, delicious food, and great customer service - this is your place! I worked with Sara and she was awesome. She patiently answered all of our questions, provided suggestions and gently steered us in the... Read More right direction when we started veering off course. The staff at Gibbet made sure all our guests were taken care of, and for that I can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Catherine R

This is the most incredible venue ever! The team at The Barn kicks ass all around. Deirdre was so unbelievable for the entire planning process and the full team KILLED IT on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Kristin T

We recently got married at the Barn and it was amazing. Our wedding happened to fall on the day of a blizzard and the venue was great. They made sure everything went off without a problem. Very accommodating to my family, my bridal party, my dog, my husband, and myself- what... Read More more could you ask for? I still get compliments on the food!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Luke M

My wife Stephanie and I recently got married at the Barn at Gibbet Hill, and we could not be happier with our choice. From the beginning, the staff at the Barn was outstanding–they were so responsive, extremely organized, and clear about the process. On our wedding day, the... Read More staff did a wonderful job attending to all the details, from flipping the room for the reception and dancing, to getting Stephanie and I appetizers and drinks at the beginning of the reception. Deirdre, our coordinator at the venue, was an absolute pleasure to work with–extremely friendly, detail-oriented, and a true professional in her field. From our first meeting, Stephanie and I knew we were in good hands and need not worry about anything having to do with venue. Speaking of which, the Barn is a beautiful place that perfectly fit our vision in terms of setting and aesthetic. The space has a rustic and warm yet elegant feel, and the hilly, rural scenery outside makes for fantastic pictures during any season (we lucked out and had snow the day of our wedding, so we were blessed with snow-covered hills as a backdrop–it could not have been better). The Barn is a medium-sized venue, and it was perfect for the size of our group (91 people). There was plenty of room on the dance floor, and the fact that the bar is located off the dining room on the enclosed, heated porch area was perfect for those guests who wanted to escape, grab a drink, or hang out in a quieter space to chat. One of the main reasons we were initially interested in the Barn was for their renowned food and drink (across from the Barn is the sister operation, the Grill at Gibbet Hill, so the Barn has a serious food pedigree). Dinner at the reception–Guinness braised beef short ribs and salmon with fennel-was simply outstanding, and we received numerous compliments from our guests. Often we would say, "Yeah, we know–why do you think we've been telling you about how good the food is going to be at the wedding for months?" That the venue allows a late-night dessert is pretty awesome, so we had to take advantage of it. We chose to serve the cinnamon sugar doughnut holes...ridiculously good and the perfect combination with some end of the evening coffee. I can't say enough good things about the Barn. It was everything we were hoping for and more: it was beautiful, charming, and comfortable, and I think all of our guests had a wonderful time and felt well taken care of. Thank you to the amazing staff at the Barn–it's because of your effort and talents that the Barn is one of the premier wedding venues in Massachusetts!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Lauren Z

The Barn at Gibbet Hill was the absolute perfect place for our December 2016 wedding. We chose Gibbet Hill for the beautiful barn and delicious food, it was even better on our wedding day! Our guests have been raving about the beautiful space, delicious food and overall event!... Read More Sara made the planning process easy, she was responsive, provided great insights/feedback and helped make sure our day was everything we wanted it to be, even helping to secure a last minute coat check when I changed my mind that week! On the day of, the staff at Gibbet Hill made sure every detail was taken care of, Jodi (who was wonderful) checked in on me and brought me some apps when I didn't have a chance to eat. Sara and Angela kept every little detail of the event flowing perfectly. Then at the end of the night, the staff helped pack up everything. They truly made the whole process a wonderful experience! I cannot say enough great things about Gibbet Hill! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Kasey L

Everything was perfect! They were so accommodating and super patient. Really helped me relax and take everything of the moment in. Sara Lin is amazing.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 HaiDang T

I knew that the Barn at Gibbet Hill was our venue from the beginning. We booked them back in Jan 2015 for our June 2016 wedding. It can be on the pricey side, but our guests still talk about the amazing food served at our wedding and picturesque scenery. We worked with Sara Lin... Read More M. throughout our wedding planning process. Sara Lin and the entire crew there were always available for any questions that came up. The food selection is amazing, most of their options are gluten free. Even the vegetarian options were plentiful! I think the only qualm I had was the wedding cake vendor, we found a flavor option eventually but it definitely took some work. Also cake placement, probably not the best idea to have sliced cake on display behind the dance floor where no one could see it. Other than that our day went off without one hitch related to Gibbet. I don't know if there were issues behind the scenes but we would have never known. It really turned out perfect! I would highly highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Sarah F

My wife and I held our rehearsal dinner at Gibbet Hill in Oct 2016. We live in Cambridge and didn't know the area very well so we did a lot of research and Gibbet Hill was one of the top 2-3 venues we found online, and definitely lived up to expectations. We had just over 20... Read More people in their upstairs space, which was perfectly sized for mingling and a cocktail hour, as well as two long tables for dinner. The space is rustic, very handsome, and nicely appointed, we didn't feel the need to decorate at all. The food was exceptional too, we had been to eat previously and it was real good, but the food at the rehearsal was exquisite. The seasonal soup in particular was noteworthy to me and the mains were also delicious. Service was solid and everyone had plenty of drinks and food. There were multiple comments about how great the food was from guests. We scheduled and coordinated with Ashley, who was very easy to work with. We had a lot of other vendors who were total flakes that caused us much anxiety, but Ashley and Gibbet were fantastic partners. 5 out of 5, which really can't be underestimated imo. Bottom line: Gibbet Hill is excellent. If it's on your list and you're considering, it save yourself some time and just book it.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016

If you are looking for a perfect wedding....book the Barn at Gibbet Hill! You will not be disappointed. The following letter of commendation says it all!! Mr. Totman, COO and Ms Vaughan, Dir. Of Banquet Operations: It is with sincere pleasure that I write this letter of... Read More commendation for Sara Lin McCay, Sales Director. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Sara Lin since March of 2015. From the beginning of our journey arranging for my daughter’s wedding, I knew that we had chosen the perfect venue for the wedding ceremony and reception. Sara Lin was/is the utmost professional as she gently guided us with her expertise. She was always very responsive with our emails, as she would clarify any questions we might have had. The wedding booking contract and any and all other information was sent to us in a very timely fashion. During the rehearsal, it was evident that Sara Lin had listened to all of us regarding placement of special items at the wedding. She had put a great deal of time into her preparation as was noted by her drawings and notes. Her complete focus was on the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Sara Lin was THE calming factor for all of us. Everything that she said was going to happen..happened. We all knew that Sara Lin was in control and that we had nothing to worry about. She was the gentle presence from afar. We were sad when she had to leave but she placed our care into the hands of her very capable assistant whom I believe was Karina. Our wait person, Sandra, was also outstanding. In fact, you should be proud of your whole staff. When the evening was over, the “troops” came out and within minutes, everything was packed up for us. It was incredible! May I say that every one of our guests had a wonderful time, as we kept hearing, “This is the best wedding that I’ve ever been to!” “The food was delicious and everything was hot!” “The service is outstanding!”, etc. Most importantly, the bride and groom were VERY pleased with EVERYTHING! IT WAS PERFECT!!!!!! In closing, I just wanted to say that Sara Lin is the consummate professional. When she says that she is going to do something…it gets done. What a pleasure it has been to work with a professional! Sara Lin and your staff are a credit to the Webber Restaurant Group and the Barn at Gibbet Hill. I will highly recommend this venue to anyone having a special event, as I will also post a review on "The Knot!" I just wish I had another bride or groom to plan for! This quote, from the wedding booking contract, says it all.. ”Our staff looks forward to welcoming you and your guests with the finest in personal service."

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Kayleigh M

I wouldn't even say the staff at Gibbet Hill, I'd like to say SUPER STARS, HEROS, AMAZINGGGG group of people that work here!! Our wedding coordinator Diedre was always SUPER responsive, very knowledgeable, and quite possible the most patient human I have ever met! She made... Read More this whole process so much easier! She was always quick to respond to questions and her guidance was priceless. The staff there on my wedding day was nothing short of amazing, quick to help, and very reactive. I tore the tulle under my dress and kept tripping on it, and before I knew it someone was coming to me with scissors to cut a piece off for me, food came out fast, and my wedding flowed wonderfully. They made my wedding night PERFECT. I was beyond impressed! They decorated beautifully and improved the vision I had in mind. Exceeded my expectations on every level.

The Barn

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Elizabeth C

We had THE BEST wedding! So many of our guests told us that our wedding was the best they had ever been to. The Barn is gorgeous and the food is amazing. Everything was perfect. Deirdre was our event planner and she was thorough and patient throughout the entire process. She was... Read More amazing to work with and answered my every question! Jodie, our bridal attendant, was so fabulous on the day of our wedding. She made sure we were well taken care of during the entire reception. The food at The Barn is amazing; the best wedding food you will ever have. The servers are so kind and responsive. This was the greatest, most picturesque place we could have ever dreamed of having our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Justin M

The Barn at Gibbet Hill is a great location to host a wedding! My wife and I had our wedding there in early October, and looking back it was a great decision. They handle everything well and worked with us step by step throughout the entire wedding planning process, making it as... Read More easy as it can be. We especially want to thank Deirdre Gonsalves, one of the Sales Directors and our partner throughout the process, for all the work she did before and during the ceremony and reception. My wife and I didn’t have the first clue about what goes into planning a wedding, and all of the small details that need to be considered. However, thanks to Deirdre and the staff at Gibbet Hill, many of our guests said that this was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever attended. The food and drinks were extremely delicious as well.

Incredible Experience!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Tiffany W

Sara and the staff at The Barn at Gibbet Hill were simply amazing. They went over the top to make our big day everything we wanted it to be. Our guests are still commenting on how delicious the food was and how professional the staff was. I would highly recommend this venue... Read More to anyone!

Can't be beat!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Erin B

Gibbet Hill is an amazing venue and they did a fantastic job for my September 25th 2015 wedding! The food was delicious and all of my guests were very impressed by the food and the beauty of the barn. I worked with Deirdre, who did an awesome job and was great to work with,... Read More especially trying to handle my father-zilla! If you want your wedding at the Barn, book it soon because dates book up very quickly! I would highly recommend this venue, even though it is relatively pricey...it is 100% worth it!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Jenna C

This venue is so country but elegant at the same time. If you love the barn feel, you will need to check this place out! Tables seat around dance floor for an intimate feel, also have loft seating option for larger parties. Great location for outdoor photos!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Stephanie R

This is by far the best venue! I was so happy with the dedicated staff, array of options, and overall execution of my big day! I could not have done it without my coordinator, Deirdre! She provided expertise through out the planning process and was critical day of. Amazing food... Read More and overall gorgeous venue!

Wonderful venue

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Amy Z

I had the most amazing wedding at The Barn. It felt like a dream getting married there. It was so beautiful! The staff was amazing and so on top of everything. I didn't need to worry about a thing in my wedding day because of the staff. The food was amazing and there was so much... Read More of it!! I could of eaten the appetizers all night! I would recommend getting married at The Barn if you are looking for a wonderful venue!!

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Allison C

Gibbet Hill is flawless. I am a worrier, and truly could think of nothing to be concerned about leading up to my wedding--the team at the Barn is incredible and I feel confident that they could handle any mishap with professionalism and grace. From the understated but thoughtful... Read More service to the detail-oriented planning sessions to the absolutely gorgeous venue (inside and out!), Gibbet Hill was sensational and I would change nothing about my experience there.

Perfect Wedding Location

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Lauren B

The Barn at Gibbet HIll is an amazing, amazing wedding venue. The people that work there and assist along the way in the planning and on the wedding day are superb. They worked closely with us and made sure everything went perfectly. Additionally, our guests would not stop... Read More complimenting us on the food. It was simply delicious. We could not have asked more from the folks at Gibbet Hill. We would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have an amazing wedding. The sites, the coordination, the professionalism, the food, and the fun - it was all perfect. Thanks to everyone there! Lauren and Greg

Gorgeous location and wonderful service

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Elyse T

Gibbet Hill is an incredibly beautiful space, and the staff do an amazing job ensuring that everything is perfect for your wedding day. Deirdre worked with my somewhat frustrating-to-work-with family to ease all of our concerns and make sure every little detail we had planned... Read More was executed perfectly (they did a phenomenal job integrating my decorations with their space). My guests could not get over the view and the food (all fresh and local), and I am still just so pleased with how everything looked.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 molly c

What an amazing venue! We couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding reception than the Barn at Gibbet Hill. They made the planning process incredibly easy and our wedding day worry-free and seamless. The venue is gorgeous and the food and service are superb. Guests... Read More raved about the ambiance and the food. It was also incredibly valuable to work with a vendor that provides everything - from the food, drinks, tables, chairs, etc, including a wedding planner that will be at the reception to help coordinate all of the day-of details. This made the planning process incredibly easy and also allowed us to enjoy our big day without having to worry about all of the details. We highly recommend the Barn at Gibbet Hill!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Stacey D

Everything about Gibbet Hill is perfect. The food is amazing, the barn is stunning and Sara did such an amazing job making our night special,

Best Wedding Possible

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Chris G

Gibbet Hill was an ideal venue for my wife and I's wedding. Beautiful landscape, delicious food and amazing service. Sara Z. and the people at Gibbet Hill are true professionals and made our wedding absolutely perfect.