The Barn At Gibbet Hill

Groton, MA

Natural elegance in a historic setting

The Barn at Gibbet Hill is a stylishly renovated and restored turn-of-the-century barn that overlooks rolling hills of conservation land that are home to our very own farm.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

61 Lowell Road, Groton, MA

Wonderful venue

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Amy Z

I had the most amazing wedding at The Barn. It felt like a dream getting married there. It was so beautiful! The staff was amazing and so on top of everything. I didn't need to worry about a thing in my wedding day because of the staff. The food was amazing and there was so much... Read More of it!! I could of eaten the appetizers all night! I would recommend getting married at The Barn if you are looking for a wonderful venue!!

Best Wedding Possible

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Chris G

Gibbet Hill was an ideal venue for my wife and I's wedding. Beautiful landscape, delicious food and amazing service. Sara Z. and the people at Gibbet Hill are true professionals and made our wedding absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Meaghan O

We could not have picked a better venue! Sarah was absolutely amazing. The staff at the Barn were incredible attentive, but invisible at the same time. We are still hearing compliments from our guests about the food, service and ambiance. All the girls in my family and now... Read More extended family have decided to use the Gibbet Hill for their venue as well. We can't say enough good things about this venue!!!

The Barn

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Elizabeth C

We had THE BEST wedding! So many of our guests told us that our wedding was the best they had ever been to. The Barn is gorgeous and the food is amazing. Everything was perfect. Deirdre was our event planner and she was thorough and patient throughout the entire process. She was... Read More amazing to work with and answered my every question! Jodie, our bridal attendant, was so fabulous on the day of our wedding. She made sure we were well taken care of during the entire reception. The food at The Barn is amazing; the best wedding food you will ever have. The servers are so kind and responsive. This was the greatest, most picturesque place we could have ever dreamed of having our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Justin M

The Barn at Gibbet Hill is a great location to host a wedding! My wife and I had our wedding there in early October, and looking back it was a great decision. They handle everything well and worked with us step by step throughout the entire wedding planning process, making it as... Read More easy as it can be. We especially want to thank Deirdre Gonsalves, one of the Sales Directors and our partner throughout the process, for all the work she did before and during the ceremony and reception. My wife and I didn’t have the first clue about what goes into planning a wedding, and all of the small details that need to be considered. However, thanks to Deirdre and the staff at Gibbet Hill, many of our guests said that this was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever attended. The food and drinks were extremely delicious as well.

Incredible Experience!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Tiffany W

Sara and the staff at The Barn at Gibbet Hill were simply amazing. They went over the top to make our big day everything we wanted it to be. Our guests are still commenting on how delicious the food was and how professional the staff was. I would highly recommend this venue... Read More to anyone!

Can't be beat!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Erin B

Gibbet Hill is an amazing venue and they did a fantastic job for my September 25th 2015 wedding! The food was delicious and all of my guests were very impressed by the food and the beauty of the barn. I worked with Deirdre, who did an awesome job and was great to work with,... Read More especially trying to handle my father-zilla! If you want your wedding at the Barn, book it soon because dates book up very quickly! I would highly recommend this venue, even though it is relatively is 100% worth it!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Jenna C

This venue is so country but elegant at the same time. If you love the barn feel, you will need to check this place out! Tables seat around dance floor for an intimate feel, also have loft seating option for larger parties. Great location for outdoor photos!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Stephanie R

This is by far the best venue! I was so happy with the dedicated staff, array of options, and overall execution of my big day! I could not have done it without my coordinator, Deirdre! She provided expertise through out the planning process and was critical day of. Amazing food... Read More and overall gorgeous venue!

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Allison C

Gibbet Hill is flawless. I am a worrier, and truly could think of nothing to be concerned about leading up to my wedding--the team at the Barn is incredible and I feel confident that they could handle any mishap with professionalism and grace. From the understated but thoughtful... Read More service to the detail-oriented planning sessions to the absolutely gorgeous venue (inside and out!), Gibbet Hill was sensational and I would change nothing about my experience there.

Perfect Wedding Location

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Lauren B

The Barn at Gibbet HIll is an amazing, amazing wedding venue. The people that work there and assist along the way in the planning and on the wedding day are superb. They worked closely with us and made sure everything went perfectly. Additionally, our guests would not stop... Read More complimenting us on the food. It was simply delicious. We could not have asked more from the folks at Gibbet Hill. We would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have an amazing wedding. The sites, the coordination, the professionalism, the food, and the fun - it was all perfect. Thanks to everyone there! Lauren and Greg

Gorgeous location and wonderful service

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Elyse T

Gibbet Hill is an incredibly beautiful space, and the staff do an amazing job ensuring that everything is perfect for your wedding day. Deirdre worked with my somewhat frustrating-to-work-with family to ease all of our concerns and make sure every little detail we had planned... Read More was executed perfectly (they did a phenomenal job integrating my decorations with their space). My guests could not get over the view and the food (all fresh and local), and I am still just so pleased with how everything looked.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 molly c

What an amazing venue! We couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding reception than the Barn at Gibbet Hill. They made the planning process incredibly easy and our wedding day worry-free and seamless. The venue is gorgeous and the food and service are superb. Guests... Read More raved about the ambiance and the food. It was also incredibly valuable to work with a vendor that provides everything - from the food, drinks, tables, chairs, etc, including a wedding planner that will be at the reception to help coordinate all of the day-of details. This made the planning process incredibly easy and also allowed us to enjoy our big day without having to worry about all of the details. We highly recommend the Barn at Gibbet Hill!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Stacey D

Everything about Gibbet Hill is perfect. The food is amazing, the barn is stunning and Sara did such an amazing job making our night special,

Cheers to Love & Happiness at Gibbet!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Rachel M

I had the pleasure to work with Deirdre as my coordinator and could not have been happier! She is simply amazing, so organized and had every last detail planned to perfection! Gibbet was very accommodating to all our small design details and we even had the chance to speak... Read More directly with the Chef to perfect our special meal. Initially, the food is what sold at Gibbet since they have an amazing restaurant directly next door. However, it all turned out to be the complete package. We had our ceremony on the top of the hill and it was stunning! I wish I could re-live this day over and over and a huge part of the success is owed to Gibbet for making it a truly wonderful day. All of our guests were amazed at how beautiful the barn was and the picture perfect landscape was the best part.

Beautiful Rustic Venue!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Stephanie N

I loved Gibbet Hill from the first time I ate at the Grill and the Barn at Gibbet Hill for my wedding did not disappoint. There are amazing places to take pictures inside and out and Deirdre (the wedding coordinator) was excellent! She is very organized, pleasant and flexible!... Read More Everyone loved the venue!

The Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Alyson C

I cannot say enough good things about Gibbet Hill. My husband and I had two requirements when we were looking for a wedding venue - good food and a rustic, country setting. Gibbet Hill delivered both and then some. The setting of the venue is stunning. Cows and geese... Read More roam the valley and the barns create a gorgeous backdrop. The food is spectacular, as well. I had many guests approach me after the wedding to tell me they regretted not ordering the beef dish we had selected because they were worried it would be unappealing, as often found when chefs are catering to 100+ people in a short time. Many of the guests had tried steaks their friends had ordered and realized they didn't have to worry about poorly prepared food at Gibbet Hill. My husband and I agreed that the food at the wedding itself was even better than the food at the tasting. We worked with Carolyn throughout the planing process and she was extremely helpful and accommodating with last minute changes. The wedding day itself was so smooth and effortless (on my part) that it definitely felt that the months of planning were worth it. While I can take credit for certain pieces of the wedding turning out as planned, Gibbet Hill and Carolyn definitely made it the perfect day.

Awful experience

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 Andrea S

I would not recommend this venue to anyone. I had a horrible experience since my first phone call. The three different people I talked to all were rude and snobby. They did not give me any information and I had to ask all the questions. They were not accommodating to someone who... Read More works during the week and wanted to make an appointment on the weekend. Great venue inside and out but they really need to get their act together on the service.

Top Notch, The Best

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Amanda D

I cannot say enough good things about Gibbet Hill and the staff that worked my wedding this past January. Diedre and her team did a brilliant job making sure that every detail was taken care of and that our wedding day was the smoothest, most perfect party we had ever... Read More thrown. The venue is gorgeous, the food is outstanding (we got sooooo many compliments on the food for real) and every request was handled. We asked for specific placement of cardboard cutouts in the bathroom and Diedre was like "Yeah, man let's do it!". She's a pro with a great attitude and the Gibbet Hill team joined in the fun. Everyone was happy and attentive, giving us nothing to worry about on our big day. There are so many other little things that they did that I could go on all day but suffice to say that this venue was a fantastic choice for a rustic, New England wedding that kicks it a little upscale. It was a dreamy, well planned experience.

The best venue ever!!!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Jessica L

What a wedding I had! Everyone says it's the best day of your life, but it's so true! Not only was it the best day, but it was the best party ever! From the delicious farm to table food to the beautiful setting to the great services we got, everything was perfect! The wedding... Read More was trully stellar and went off without a glitch. Carolyn Hilton was a strict time keeper, but so glad she was, because I didn't have to be! The venue is truly full service, from food, to table and chairs to plates and silverware. Anything they didn't have we could bring in, but it made it so simple to know that we didn't have to use an extensive list of vendors to bring the event together. I highly recommend The Barn at Gibbet Hill and wish I could do my wedding all over again!!

Couldn't have asked for more!!!

Reviewed on 3/26/2013 Mckenzie

Our experience with Gibbet Hill and its wonderful staff is one we won't be forgetting anytime soon. After searching high and low for the perfect wedding venue, with one visit to Gibbet I was completely hooked. Everything about the barn is just stunning. My experience with our... Read More wedding coordinator Deirdre couldn't have been better. She is a true professional, answering every one of my countless emails promptly and accommodating our every whim! On the day of our wedding, everything went better than we could've imagined. Our friends and family have not stopped talking about how gorgeous everything was, how amazing our signature cocktail was, how delicious the food was, how attentive, polite, and fantastic the staff were--just overall a wonderful experience for our guests. All of the minute details were taken care of with ease and we didn't have to worry about a thing all night! Trust me, your money is WELL spent with the Barn at Gibbet Hill. We wouldn't have changed a thing!!!

Gibbet Hill

Reviewed on 2/10/2013 Adrienne C

Sara at Gibbet Hill made our wedding day the best it possibly could have been. We had a 21 month long engagement and she had the patience and kindness to email back and forth with us and answer all of our many questions. The staff at Gibbet Hill knows how to work weddings! All... Read More of our guests raved about the food and the service there. Even the smallest details they didn't forget. They came out at midnight with a Shirley Temple toast for the kids!

Great venue for ceremony & reception!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2013 Jackie C

The Barn at Gibbet Hill is a perfect place for an indoor or outdoor ceremony & reception! The staff was so helpful in planning all our details and was great on the day. The food, scenery and decor are perfect for anyone wanting to plan an elegant barn wedding!

You Will Not Be Disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Julie S

The Barn at Gibbet Hill is a STUNNING venue. One that will not be forgotten by your guests and you! The food is not your typical "wedding food" and their attention to detail is impeccable. I can't say enough good things about the site and the staff. We felt in good hands from... Read More start to finish with Sara Zambuto. The Barn is worth the cost - you will not be disappointed!

Stunning venue and amazing people!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Wedding I

Everyone was so professional and made our day incredible. They did all of the setting up and made sure everything was running smoothly. Our wedding day went perfectly and was absolutely beautiful!