Timeless and Elegant Wedding Photography

Your wedding is one of the most important events you will ever experience, and the memories you create right now will last you and your loved ones a lifetime. Cherish these priceless moments, and savor them forever, by having “The Big Affair” capture the heartfelt beauty of your wonderful day.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Kellee Y

Tomas is creative, kind, passionate and hard working. We loved getting to know him as a person as well. He was gentle in his direction on our special day, letting me know to tilt my head or change my hand position. This made for the most incredible photos. I love them all. I was... Read More in shock. How is it possible to like ALL of your wedding photos? Never heard of a dream situation like mine. Oh ya, he also got them to us so quickly.. the online gallery made it easy to share with family who ached for photos. We are so blessed to have found him. He sees the special moments as well as capturing essential elements like lighting, textures and unique sentiments that most people miss. He caught every detail which means the world to a bride like me as I put my heart and soul into making this a dream a reality. He will forever be my go to photographer but more importantly our friend. Thank you, thank you Tomas.

2017-03-07T11:59:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much dear Kellee and Mike! It was my honor and pleasure to capture your special moments. You and Mike are very special to me and I am so grateful for all the love you give and your awesome friendship ! I look... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Angela K

My fiancé and I booked Tomas for our wedding a year in advance after falling in love with his photos and reading all his great reviews online. Since then he has met all of our expectations. He is a true professional, dedicated, and immensely talented, and that is what makes him... Read More stand above the rest. We had a big Russian wedding and several videographers getting in the way and he still managed to capture all our important moments beautifully. He speaks Russian, which was an additional asset, and both he and his assistant photographer, Joe, were so great to be around on our wedding day. He is honest, responsive, and he delivered our photos in a timely and creative way. He is also amazing at editing, editing all the photos to timeless perfection. Dear Tomas, thank you for recreating our wedding with so much beauty and giving us everlasting memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016

Tomas' artistic eye is one of its kind! My husband and I had the best experience we could ever think of having with a wedding photographer. Tomas will go above and beyond to build a relationship with you, listen to you, treat you to wonderful things, and make you feel confident... Read More in your decision to hire him. My family will never hire another photographer besides Tomas. I have nothing bad to say about our entire experience leading up to our wedding, after our wedding, and what he did for us on our wedding day. He not only captured my husband and I as if we were family to him, who he knows so well or has known for years, but he captured every little detail of our wedding! I know Tomas will exceed your every expectation and wishes. His personality and his work is truly unparalleled. I treasure in my heart the memories that we have had with Tomas. My husband and I now have a beautiful wedding album of the highest quality that we received just a few short months after our wedding. The best way for me to describe Tomas' work is that when you look back at the pictures he has taken the photos come to life! The photos are crystal clear in quality and they exude life! One day Tomas and I were on the phone talking about our wedding album and customizing it and he said that he is ordering it now so that it can get to us by Christmas. This was SO thoughtful of him! He truly thinks of every little thing that will make each of his clients happy. At all times he is easy to reach, and he truly give you undivided attention. You will love his personality and all the care that he puts into your experience! Another thing that was recent and SO genuine was the day that my husband and I met Tomas for coffee and to receive our album from him and we mentioned that after we are thinking about going to Griffith Park for the first time and Tomas didn't even hesitate to offer up his time and ask if he could drive us there or we follow him there to show us how to get there and then show us around. He takes A LOT of time to give you an unforgettable experience EVERY step of the way. I could seriously go on and on for a long time talking about all the wonderful things that made up our experience with Tomas. He is always calm, trustworthy, detail oriented, prompt, joyful, and giving. My husband and I look forward to remaining friends with Tomas forever.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Evelyn M

My husband and I are so grateful to have had Tomas photographed our wedding! I met Tomas a few years back at a venue and I stayed in contact. He was the first vendor I booked. Come wedding day, he covered all of the laughter and dancing, and OMGEEEEE his lighting and editing... Read More skills are impeccable. We couldn’t be happier with our photos. Without any hesitation we recommend Tomas! Thank you Tomas for going above and the beyond for us. Love, Evelyn & Andrew McCullough

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Dmitry S

I could write an essay about how exceptionally creative and professional Tomas is. ENGAGEMENT SHOOT We had an idea of what we wanted our engagement shoot to be and Tomas took his time to location scout and help guide us into the right direction. From locations to each shot -... Read More Tomas took his time with shots to make sure all setups look exceptional. The shoot was a blast and we had so much fun sticking to our plan as well as improvising on the spot and its during these times that Tomas pulled his best work with being creative on the spot. We loved his dedication to getting each photo right and he stayed well past the agreed hours to keep shooting and getting more and more awesome shots. Our engagement shoot turned out like a magazine cover. The shots looked very natural and full of emotion. WEDDING SHOOT Tomas arrived prepared and had an excellent assistant - second photographer (highly recommended) if you plan on getting each moment and expression. All throughout the wedding, Tomas was having fun with each shot to capture the most precious of expressions and moments. COMMUNICATION In summary, you get what you pay for and with Tomas by far exceeded our expectations all thanks to his humble charisma and the above and beyond attitude when it comes to getting each shot. Tomas communicates well with the scenery and people to pull off just the right mood according to each location and setup. My wife and I would recommend Tomas and his services to any new to be wifey and hubby. It is imperative to find the right wedding photographer as they will capture your most important life's moments and Tomas - The Big Affair Photography does just that. We couldn't speak higher for Tomas and his team. Thanks to him, we now have forever beautiful photos.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Danielle L

Wow, wow, wow!!! Tomas pics are absolutely stunning and I can't stop looking at them. I'm so grateful that I found Tomas and booked him to capture our beautiful day. I've had so many compliments on the photos he took of Brian and I and I couldn't be happier. Such a great guy to... Read More work with and made me feel totally at ease. I booked his wife 'the beauty affair' for hair and makeup too and she made me look incredible!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Adrian S

Thomas is incredible. His passion for capturing the real sweetness of the moment is very special. We spent the day at Matador Beach doing our engagement shoot. A fun filled day that embraced a magnificent sunset. On the wedding day, he directed and made us feel incredibly at... Read More ease. He took amazing shots of the ceremony that leave nothing but the essence of the day. Truly appreciate your work. It's crisp, classy, and breathtaking!

2017-03-07T12:17:08 Response from the vendor

Dear Maritza and Adrian, thank you so much for your kindness and having me to capture your special moments! I wish you a happy married life and many more beautiful moments to come !

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 jamaika w

Tomas was amazing! Not only do we loooooove our pics...but he was professional, attentive, and most importantly talented!. It was a honor for us to work with such a photographer with a eye for perfection. Love, Shawn & Jamaika Dansby

2017-03-07T12:20:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your love dear Shawn and Jamaika ! You two making a fabulous couple and I was honored to witness and capture your precious moments!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Mariam & Remon

We were looking for a photographer with an eye for detail, great work ethic, and a level of sharpness in the photos without excessive use of photoshop or light room. After an extensive search we came across The Big Affair photography. The owner, Tomas was very responsive to... Read More every question we had and took the time to understand the vision for the wedding. On the wedding day, Tomas and his assistant were on time and ready to go. They had prepared everything and scouted out various locations to do our first look and pictures after the wedding. To bring the level of dedication into focus even more; my groomsmen and I were having some issues tying my bow tie. The lighting assistant jumped in and helped, he showed us exactly how to do it and it looked great on the first attempt. Without a doubt, The Big Affair Photography was everything we wanted and more. They're worth every penny plus more, and the pictures in our opinion speak for themselves. Thank you Tomas and The Big Affair for being true professionals, being able to capture rare and precious moments, and a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Abigail P

I absolutely loved The Big Affair. His candid shots and perfect lighting is worth every penny. Tomas was very sweet and professional with everything he did. His lighting assistant also helped take photos--he was good as well--so it was like 2 for the price of 1! I definitely... Read More recommend The Big Affair.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

We so grateful for Tomas who captured our whole wedding story. Tomas is a top notch detail oriented photographer with a genuine and warmhearted personality. He was able to capture every little detail of our wedding including speechless moments, stunning portraits of me and my... Read More fiancé and the whole party! We are a shy couple and don’t get photographed often, however Tomas with his creative eyes and ability to direct in a flattering way, was able to surpass our expectations and capture our moments in a very flattering way, for which we are beyond thankful. When our family and friends saw the photos, we got so many compliments for our wedding photos. So, if you looking for an awesome and most talented wedding photographer I highly recommend to check out Tomas and contact him for your wedding.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016

When my fiancé and I were looking for a Los Angeles wedding photographer we had to make sure that he takes not only good photos, but also has great and kind personality and very responsive. Tomas was everything my fiancé and I were looking for. He was so friendly, kind,... Read More informative and professional. Plus the photos he takes are completely stunning. So, we did not anticipate to book him for our wedding and were beyond happy with our decision. On the day of our wedding Tomas and his awesome crew were so professional. Tomas is a true artist. He is very good at directing and knows what angles and light works best for a perfect portrait. Together with his team he captured the essence of who we really are and many beautiful moments that are so precious to us. We were so happy to have Tomas and his team to photograph our wedding and would highly recommend to choose The Big Affair anyone who is getting married!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Whitney S

Superb! Amazing! A True Artist! Wow can this guy take some gorgeous photos. He is a true master at taking some of the most beautiful and quality photos that I have ever seen. He is such a hard worker and he goes above and beyond to make sure he captures stunning photos of... Read More your Big Day. He is very personable and very nice and you really feel lucky to have such a gifted photographer at your side. He is a master at facilitating ease and comfort on your big day and is very sweet and nice to all your family guests. Tomas Skaringa is a True Artist, his attention to detail is matched by his out-of-this-world work ethic. Not only will you have the biggest selection of gorgeous photos but his turn-around time for delivering you the fully processed photos is almost Super-Hero fast. He is very Very responsive and is a wonderful communicator. He is a true professional. He is kind, thoughtful and is on top of his game. This is very rare in the photography world where flakiness and disappearance is more common than one would hope. He has my highest praise for his work ethic and flawless photographs. I would highly recommend Tomas. Book him, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Karen S

Tomas is a skilled photographer with an eye for artistic detail. My husband and I chose him based on his portfolio and professional manner when we met in person. His work was superb, and we are so very glad that we trusted him to photograph our wedding. Tomas captured beautiful... Read More images from every moment of the evening, including touching pictures from when we were getting ready. His manner is incredibly professional, he is very kind and a truly talented photographer. Everyone was at ease during the family and wedding party shots and we felt that we were in capable hands. I am so glad that we will always have these amazing pictures to remind us of our beautiful and joyous wedding day. I highly recommend working with Tomas!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

First of all our wedding was a blast ! It was the most wonderful day in our life with so many beautiful and tear dropping moments. However, since it is a day once in your lifetime I was really stress out about how it is going to turn out. I was so grateful to have Tomas, who is... Read More so calm, and his awesome team to help us to go through all of this. We felt so special on our wedding day that even all the little problems did not matter anymore. Tomas is very professional and always supportive. He has a such a great attitude and personality, and gave so much attention to us, for which we are so thankful. Our photos came out so beautiful that I was even crying when we first saw our gallery. Tomas is also very good at editing and my imperfect skin in the photos he made flawless! Our album came out so gorgeous and we are now so proud to show it out family and friends. We highly recommend to consider The Big Affair for your special event, because you will be amazed how your photos will come out. And we look forward hiring Tomas again for our next upcoming event or even a baby bump shoot!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

We were so lucky to have The Big Affair as our wedding photography choice. Tomas was so awesome through the beginning to the very end. As shy people as we are, we could not believe how wonderful we felt taking pictures during our engagement session and wedding ! In addition,... Read More before the wedding Tomas gave us advices how to better prepare for the day so it would go smoothly and stressless. And it truly was the most beautiful day in our lives! Tomas is very kind hearted, professional and prompt answering to our emails and always was there for us. The pictures came our phenomenal, timeless and I looked as a bride from magazine and it is all thanks to our photographer. So, thank you so much for The Big Affair photography to capture our precious moments that we will now pass through generations!

Lifetime of Memories; Highest recommendation

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Marianne F

We were introduced to Tomas through friends of ours that hired him for their wedding. We had interviewed several photographers but once we met Tomas and saw his work we had to look no further. His work is amazing and his pictures are genius. We did an engagement shoot prior to... Read More the wedding, and Tomas was patient and knew exactly the best way to pose us and gave us excellent direction. He had amazing ideas and made me and my fiancé feel completely comfortable. The pictures from the engagement shoot were truly artistic and exceptional. Everyone who saw the pictures felt it was magazine worthy photography. On the wedding day, Tomas was so patient and calm in an otherwise hectic environment. He was able to get all the shots he needed and really took charge. I could not have asked for a better photography and person to spend my day with. I would recommend him to any one of my friends and family without any hesitation. He is worth every penny as he has given us a lifetime of memories. If you book him for your wedding it will be the best decision you make :)

Fantastic Wedding Photog

Reviewed on 7/04/2015 Julie G

Tomas at the Big Affair is such a nice guy and so easy to work with. I found him on theknot.com and he did an absolutely fabulous job on our photos. All correspondence was very prompt and helpful. He was a very comfortable and personable presence on our wedding day. Our... Read More photos are really beautiful and he is a genius photo editor. Thank you so much Tomas for your work on our big day! I couldn't have asked for better.

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Ivana P

Tomas Skaringa: I have worked with a ton of photographers in the past, and once I met Tomas, I no longer needed to go to anyone else :). I was very lucky I hired him as our wedding photographer and will always happily recommend him. He has an excellent eye and is truly an... Read More artist. Another thing that sets him apart is that unlike majority wedding photographers who are very cheesy, I could never say that about Tomas's work. He knows how to capture all the right moments but does so in a very classy way. I should also add that he is incredibly professional and trustworthy. His lovely wife Agne does make up and hair and together they make a perfect team!! Thank you again!! Agne Skaringa: I really enjoyed meeting and working with Agne. She is very creative and a pleasure to deal with. Innovative, edgy and artistic and not afraid to suggest options that a client might not think of. She did my wedding hair, (for which I got a ton of compliments) and once I saw the quality of her work, I kept (and still do) going back to her whenever I need hair and make up done. She also gives fun and very useful up make up lessons. Overall, she does an excellent job and needless to say, I will always recommend her. Thank you again to both!!

Fantastic job

Reviewed on 6/02/2015

Tomas was awesome! He was patient, professional, creative and very easy to work with. He guided us in poses, was quick and efficient. We got our photos back really fast (within 2 weeks) along with an online gallery to share with our loved ones. To say that I loved my pictures... Read More would be putting it too lightly. They are gorgeous! I would tell every bride Tomas is the best man for the job when seeking a wedding photographer.

The best around!

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Nancy H

Tomas' work is pure perfection! He recently captured our wedding in April 2015. The pictures were the one thing I cared about the most during the wedding process, and I have to say I got more than what I wanted with Tomas. Tomas was the first photographer we met with, and after... Read More meeting with him we knew we couldn't go with anyone else. His work is impeccable - he captures precious moments and brings out the best in you! Not only is Tomas talented, he is very professional. He was wonderful when dealing with our large and loud bridal party. He also had our photos ready for viewing in less than a few weeks after the wedding (I have friends who got married in 2014 who are still waiting for their pictures!). Tomas has given us beautiful engagement and wedding photos that we will always treasure.

The best photographer and in the world!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Amy L

We had an outdoors big wedding consisting of four hundred and fifty people. And since, we have spent so much time on planning our dream wedding, I had to be sure of finding the right wedding photographer who would be able to capture not only two of us, but also every little... Read More detail that is so precious to us. In search through thousands of photographers available in Los Angeles I stumbled across The Big Affair wedding photography by Tomas. Just looking through his impressive and unique portfolio, it was very clear to me that I wanted to meet him in person and check if we were good match after all. When my fiancé and I met Tomas for the first time, he gave us a very warm greeting. We looked through his extensive portfolio and honestly we wanted to book him on the spot. And besides, his amazing work, Tomas has a pleasing personality. He seemed to be very calm, which was another reason to book him, because I knew that our big wedding is going to be hectic and we wanted to make sure that our photographer would be able to pull through without being stressful. That being said, we booked Tomas to be our wedding photographer. On the wedding day, as expected, he performed very well, beyond our expectations. He was able to capture our most precious and all the little details that are so dear to us. In addition, we were able to enjoy our big wedding completely stresses, just because of having wonderful and talented people such as Tomas helping us through. And the albums he did to our parents and us are so beautiful that we are getting so many compliments from our family and friends. So, thank you Tomas for making our dreams to come true. And if you are a bride to be I would highly recommend The Big Affair for your special day.

Tomas is an artist

Reviewed on 3/12/2015 Antony S

Tomas is simply an artist not a photographer. We hired Tomas for our engagement photo shoot. I could not believe how amazing Tomas was. He is such a friendly person and easy to deal with. He is very active and focused on his job. let me simply tell you this, he would do anything... Read More to get a nice shot. We were in february on the beach and it was really cold and Tomas had no problem getting into the water just to take some pics for us, realistically speaking no one else would do that. We were very happy with Tomas and are grateful to his effort also the pics turned out amazing and we were speechless. We cannot wait till the big day to have him again with us. He is worth more than you would ever pay him. if you are looking for a photographer, don't hesitate to hire Tomas Skaringa.

Epic Wedding Pictures to Remember

Reviewed on 10/13/2014

I am constantly getting compliments on my wedding and engagement pictures. Many comment that they look like they're straight out of a bridal or high fashion magazine. The pictures are so classic, elegant, with a lot of artistic touches that Tomas is able to achieve through light... Read More and ambiance. Working with Tomas couldn't be easier, he's a genuinely kind person that wants to give you the best pictures possible, the YOU want them. My husband and I lucked out to find Tomas (and his wife, Agne with The Beauty Affair), and I would highly recommend The Big Affair for anyone who has photography at the top of their priority list as I did.

Great service, beautiful pictures

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 j p

Tomas & Agne are a pleasure to work with. Their pictures of us were beautiful with some amazing details. Tomas is WONDERFULLY responsive, thorough, and prompt. When a bride is crazily trying to organize things, it was so great to have someone who was actually on top of... Read More things, responding when or before he said he would. He emailed me a few preview pictures THE DAY AFTER our wedding, which was so nice to share & then the full album was ready in just a couple of weeks. I've had friends waiting for 2 months-- that doesn't happen with Tomas & Agne. The only downsides are the price-- I think a bit higher than average, and there are not many great spontaneous shots of guests from our reception, after it got dark & we were outdoors. The pictures during the day & the posed pictures are absolutely beautiful. Overall, I would recommend the Big Affair for sure!

Tomas Skaringa

I was born and raised in a small country of Europe called Lithuania. At the age of 19 I grounded my roots in LA - beautiful country full of opportunities to pursue your dreams. In 2010, I felt in love with wedding photography. Over the years my photography style has evolved as elegant, classic, creative and timeless. I chose this career, because for love for people. Whenever I witness and capture beautiful moments I feel content because I know that these precious moments of yours will always bring you back the day of your wedding and fill your hearts with love and happiness.