The Class - Wedding/ Events/ Party Band

High energy, classy live entertainment for upscale weddings and parties. This is what we are about. The Class is a truly unique wedding band experience. Boutique live entertainment your guests won't forget. An alternative to large, over-the-top wedding bands. We love doing weddings!

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Vocals

Country, Dance, Disco, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

San Diego, CA Southern California and beyond. (949) 290-0994

Reviewed on 5/04/2015

If I could give 10 stars I would! We hired the Class to play at our wedding in San Diego. Gabe was a joy to work with. He was professional, organized, friendly and responsive. The Class's repertoire is extensive! On the day, they were early, set up without any issues – they... Read More looked fantastic and their sets were seamless. They played brilliantly; my husband and I were thrilled with the sound quality and obvious skill with which the band plays. They accommodated all our requests – and truly set the mood for the event. Everyone danced through to the last song!

The Class rocks!

Reviewed on 8/25/2014

The Class really made our wedding such a fun time for all our guests! They played great songs and really read the crowd to decide what to play next! I didn't expect that many people to get on the dance floor...but we had a huge crew who pretty much danced as soon as they... Read More started playing! Don't think twice....book these guys. A DJ cannot compare, and not every band out there can liven up a mixed group of people like these guys can. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Megan G

What can I say..The Class was the absolute backbone of our wedding. We chose a somewhat unique outdoor venue that I knew would only work if the music was right, and that can be really tough to find- wedding/corporate bands can be so lame but good local bands might not be... Read More equipped to really handle the unique set of challenges a wedding has. From start to finish they set the perfect mood, transitioning seamlessly from band to dj to MC. I had so many people coming up to tell me how great they were during the wedding and after. Great playlist to choose from, solid advice when we needed it, and Gabe was just wonderful to work with- responsive, patient, competent, and funny. Live bands can be expensive, but The Class was reasonably priced compared to a lot of others and well worth it because they covered the entire event (ceremony, reception, after party). You get four very talented guys who managed to have the perfect amount of presence- enough to really entertain and engage but staying just enough back to let the guests enjoy each other. Polished but soulful, fun but not cheesy, a band for your wedding that in no way feels like a wedding band. Super grateful to have had these guys.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Cindy C

The Class was amazing. Truly first class experience from initial contact to performance at our reception. Gabe and the guys blew away any and all expectations we had. They made our reception. Don't bother looking for another band, just book The Class.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 rachel h

We had The Class Band at our outdoor wedding last August, and they were the stars of the show! Everyone loved their jazzy tunes, and they kept the party going in a non-cheesy, chilled-out, and great music kind of way. Definitely book this band if you want to have a great wedding... Read More and memories to last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Rob R

I booked The Class for our outdoor, backyard wedding knowing that I needed a great band to make our wedding legit and not like a backyard barbecue. They delivered! These guys are really professional, not cheesy at all, and keep the party going without being distracting. Their... Read More renditions are true to originals while still feeling a bit their own. Gabe was very easy for me to communicate with and his friendly messages kept me at ease. Don't hesitate to book these guys.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Anne P

The Class was one of the highlights of our wedding. My husband and I met dancing so we knew we wanted dancing and live music to be a central part of our event. I am lucky that Gabe, the leader of The Class, is my cousin. He and his band made a special trip to play at our... Read More wedding. Their song list is impressive, covering a diverse array of musical genres and time periods. We appreciated the opportunity to choose part of our song list while also giving the band the discretion to choose some songs to serve the needs of the audience in the moment. Gabe served as the MC as well, which he handled in a professional manner and helped us to stay on schedule. They are all excellent musicians and their energy and talent set a celebratory tone and kept people moving on the dance floor throughout the evening! Some of our family and friends commented afterwards that they have rarely danced in the past 30 (or more) years, but they had so much fun dancing our wedding. We highly recommend The Class!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Caroline F

If I had a chance to give this band 10 stars I would. My husband and I are both musicians and have a strong passion for artists and creativity in music. Gabe and the rest of the band were absolutely spot on. They executed both the music and the MC role perfectly and we could not... Read More be more grateful. The Class Band made my wedding one for the books! Their talent, energy and song selection were on point and working with them was an absolute pleasure. We have received an overwhelming response from our wedding and many of the compliments have been about The Class Band and their performances at both the ceremony and reception. Thank you for taking our dream and turning it in to a reality.

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Michelle T

Going with a band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding and The Class was phenomenal! My husband booked them a year and a half in advance and talked them up to all of our friends and family. We had them play during the procession/recession for our ceremony and... Read More throughout cocktail hour and the reception. They play a huge range of music from oldies to top 40 and did an amazing job keeping the energy up throughout the night. I have never seen so many people of so many ages on the dance floor at wedding. Now my husband gets to boast that he chose the best band around :)

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

One word: AMAZING! My wedding was 2 weeks ago, and I can't say enough good things about The Class. I spent a lot of time searching for the "perfect" band-classic, fun, and not extremely overpriced (one agency that I called was charging $10,000+ for booking any of their bands for... Read More 5 hours). I was really lucky to find them. During our initial correspondence, I told Gabe that I wanted a "giant, classy party"... and they delivered. The groom also had a few surprises up his sleeve, and Gabe worked with him last-minute to pull everything off. In fact, there were a number of moving parts that we threw at the band last-minute, and the band took it all in stride. Gabe was my point of contact, and he was very responsive, flexible, and organized- The Class was the easiest vendor to coordinate with, and this is valuable when you are dealing with a handful of other vendors. If you're in need of a band, don't hesitate to book them! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 anthony d

As the groom, I had very few wedding responsibilities that were mine and mine alone. Music was one of them so the pressure was on. I'm happy to say The Class delivered. They brought a great sound, a sharp look, and a lot of energy to our wedding in downtown Los Angeles. At no... Read More point during the four hour set were there not people - from age 3 to 70 - on the dance floor. Gabe is a pleasure to work with. He is very organized and makes a real effort to get it right - set list, timing, etc. - and he's very patient. The whole group (we had 5 pieces including a sax) were consummate professionals. Do yourself a favor and book them before somebody else does.

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

There is nothing like a live band and this band is fabulous! The Class Band and Gabe, who was our primary contact, were professional and easy to work with in preparing for the big day. They were able to navigate patiently through the many opinions and ideas of bride, groom,... Read More mother of bride..,and provided lots of good feedback and guidance. It certainly showed on the wedding day. They made our reception memorable for our guests and three weeks later they are all still talking about how fun it was. Great music, a great vibe and a terrific song selection that appealed to everyone. Our guests did not stop dancing until the band's last song. I highly recommend them for wedding receptions or any event. You can't go wrong with this band.

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Nora C

I found The Class after wading through way too many terrible "wedding band" websites with 1990s graphics and promises of costume changes and backup dancers. I was about to give up when I Googled "non-cheesy wedding band that just plays great music" (or something), and found... Read More them. Well, this band is so good I almost don't even want to tell you so they will be available should I ever have another giant party and want amazing live music. They were so easy to work with, played the music we liked, and covered a wide range of styles. When I wasn't dancing, I was listening to my guests rave about them. Stop searching and HIRE THEM. You can thank me later.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Jacqueline B

The Class was by far one of the best wedding vendor decisions that we made!! Gabe was really great to work with and made sure that the wedding playlist was customized to our requests. He was very responsive with emails and comforted us to know that they can handle just about... Read More anything! I think every single guest at our wedding was dancing at some point during the reception, which was awesome considering the diversity in age groups that we had. Thank you guys for making our wedding so special and fun!! :)

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Christine G

The Class are WONDERFUL! They were super professional, both before and during the wedding. I never worried about a thing - Gabe was always proactive about planning and ironing out details ahead of time. He always got back to me quickly, whether it was about a specific song... Read More request or allowing a family member to play with them during the reception. The best part is that these are generally chill guys who we were happy to have at our wedding! Yes, there are a lot of tacky wedding bands out there. But these guys make playing weddings cool. If you are looking for a tastefully hipster-ish band that plays great music and is super professional, these are your guys!

Gabe Burt

Hello Brides and Grooms! We are the Class - a truly unique wedding band. We believe we are the most professional and least cheesy wedding band in Southern California. If you are looking for classy, high energy entertainment for your wedding, without all the tacky stuff that most wedding bands do, we are your band. We provide full service entertainment for upscale weddings and parties of all kinds. We can't wait to play your wedding!