Home of the "Real Turntables... Real Talent!"

President of the San Diego American Disc Jockey Association (ADJA), Dennis Jones, aka “The Creative Music DJ”, uses turntable-based live mixing, event management, energetic emceeing, & creative ideas to create incredibly memorable events. Upscale customization ideas include expert use of lighting, music, and scheduling.

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

6720 Miramar Road Suite 305B, San Diego, CA (619) 928-2635

AMAZING, HIGH-ENERGY DJ

Reviewed on 1/11/2013 Keri J

Planning a wedding can be extremely stressful as all of you know. When it came down to finding a DJ, we sent out several emails to see who was available for our January 5, 2013 wedding. We were getting married at Paradise Point in San Diego. We had several replies but when we... Read More received Dennis's email, we knew we had found our DJ. He responded with several links to weddings he had done in the past, samples of music he has done and all of his credentials. He had several questions for us about what we wanted and even had ideas of things we hadn't even thought about. From the first time we spoke with him, we knew our ceremony and reception was going to be amazing.........and they were. We had Dennis do our ceremony music which turned out absolutely amazing. He helped us to lengthen music when we needed it longer for our entrance and you couldn't even tell it wasn't part of the song. We sent him what we wanted and he made sure it was perfect. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. The music was cued to perfection at just the right times during our procession, sand ceremony and recession. The reception was at max energy the entire time. Our dance floor was never empty at all. Dennis knows how to keep everyone's attention on the bride and groom at all times. He is an amazing emcee. He has no problem going with the flow and makes everything run so smoothly. At the reception we had a custom dance in which he helped us with ideas for our music. He is amazing at mixing and splicing. It turned out to be great. Everyone is still talking about it. Our lighting (which he also supplies) was beautiful. He used uplighting and cake pinspotting in our colors of purple and aqua. It looked awesome in our pictures. I honestly couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. There was not one problem the whole night. Dennis makes sure the music is high energy and never stops which keeps everyone entertained. Dennis is definitely the best in his field and a very talented entertainer. I highly recommend The Creative Music DJ for any events that you may need music for. He definitely gave our wedding the "wow" factor.

Professional and on point!

Reviewed on 2/25/2014

If you are simply looking for a "DJ" who will plug his lap top in and play music upon guests request than Dennis is not your guy. When my wife and I set out to look for our wedding DJ we wanted to make the music one of the focal points. Music has always been one of my passions,... Read More so I wanted someone who not only knew music but also knew weddings, and I must say Dennis did not disappoint. Dennis met with us for over an hour to introduce himself and discuss our wedding and what he offers. We discussed music and we got to know eachother over a cup of coffee. He brought wedding timelines, ideas, music samples etc. and even brought my wife a little bachelorette gift. and this was all before we even decided on a DJ.Just based on his knowledge, organization, and professionalism we were sold instantly. He is very organized and sets you up with an easy to use online account. You can log in whenever and go over your wedding timeline and set up your music to your liking. You can add songs from his drop down menu with ease and even request special songs that he may not have. The timeline actually served us great as it became almost like a coordinator on our big day. We decided to use him for our ceremony and reception. Dennis met with us one more time prior to our wedding. This is where his expertise came into play. He suggested we change some of our playlists around so that the tempo of the music would cooordinate with the tempo of the wedding. He still played the music we chose but at the appropriate time (slower, softer music for cocktail hour and more upbeat during reception)so we made the necessary changes and it worked out beautifuly. ON the day of our wedding Dennis did not disappoint. He was on point with every beat of the wedding. We got compliments from our first kiss,as the music played it almost felt unreal as if it were the ending of a movie, to our last dance. During our reception we all had a blast as most of my family loves to dance and dennis kept everyone moving throughout the night. The only thing I can say I regret about the music that night, was that due to taking pictures I didnt get to hear alot of the music we chose. I was actually looking forward to listening to some of the suggestions Dennis had made during cocktail hour but I guess i had forgot that only guests get to enjoy that part of the wedding. I hope this review will be helpful to anyone having trouble deciding on a DJ.I would recommend Dennis the creative music DJ to any family or friends. He is more than just a music player. He also works as a coordinator and his expertise go without saying. You will not be disappointed.

He is everything you have read about!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Greg T

Dennis DJ'd our wedding in June and I hate to use the word DJ because Dennis is much more than that. He is a master of ceremonies and Dennis is a true master of his profession. He is definitely not the friend's friend you know who can MC your wedding for cheap and just runs... Read More through a playlist with barely a peep to get the crowd going. From the start of our initial interview, I could tell right away that this was a person not only experienced with music but all the nuances involved with holding a wedding. He will run through each step of the ceremony from the bridal march to the entrance, reception, cake cutting etc. presenting several different options on what is the best type of music to play at each stage from current top 50 songs at weddings to listening to your requests and where to incorporate them on the big day. He'll even let you know why a music request you have may not be the best to play at certain times or point out words in the lyrics that may make it a downer at weddings - songs about breakups and cheating are a no no apparently. He even provides input on what dance floor lighting to use that is best for pictures. Some couples go for the crazy, cool dazzle effects that just look terrible in pictures hiding the subjects. His lighting was brilliant and gorgeous but also not so intrusive that it obscured guests in pictures. For a couple that did not have a wedding planner and did not have an initial clue how to hold the ceremony and reception, Dennis was invaluable in helping us envision, coordinate and manage the wedding day with the right vibe. He knew just the right time to play certain types of music, when to lay low and when to get the crowd going. I was genuinely surprised that many family and friends whom I consider fairly conservative and low key were regulars on the dance floor. And talk about a hard worker. He is a one man crew that with less than a couple hours set up sound systems at the ceremony site, the poolside area where we held our cocktail hour and in the reception area. He also set up an amazing light show on the dance floor. Everything looked and sounded awesome! Finally Dennis is a great personality. He is one of the friendliest professionals I have had the pleasure to do business with. He never made us feel like we were just another weekend gig. Before the wedding I used to joke that no one remembers the good things about a wedding - only the bad. I will amend that a little and say that people remember a good DJ. Dennis was critical in making good memories that day and for the bride and I he is also a great part of that memory.

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Gina L

Dennis did an excellent job at our wedding. He kept the flow going and guests entertained. He had to improvise during our anniversary dance and never missed a beat. It was a memorable moment and one of my favorite memories of the reception. At the last minute, he assisted... Read More with extra lighting since our ceremony took place after the sun went down. The venue didn't have sufficient lighting. Dennis also put together a beautiful video montage which was a surprise to my groom and the guests. It was wonderful and another fantastic memory of our wedding. Dennis was easy to work with and you will not be disappointed if you select him! He went out of his way to make our wedding special and we are still getting compliments from our guests. Great DJ!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Joe B

We chose DJ Dennis J as the DJ for our wedding, and we were really happy that we did. Dennis went above and beyond to deliver an awesome performance for our big day! We planned a surprise hip-hop rap/singing medley to perform for our guests. Dennis put in a lot of extra work... Read More in the months leading up to the wedding to iterate on the mix with us and get it right. When we broached the idea with Dennis, he was immediately excited to work with us on it, and put in a lot of time into it without charging us for the extra effort. He's the type of guy that truly cares about his craft and his clients, and will do what it takes to deliver. Dennis also knocked it out of the park on all of the more standard DJ items - solid musical selection, good with crowd control/event management, and a just a friendly guy to work with. We highly, highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Kylie L

Dennis was a fantastic addition to our night! When we were looking for vendors we purposefully wanted to find individuals who had great energy and a passion for what they do. Dennis hit both of these check boxes! He was very attentive to our needs and would provide intelligent... Read More and experienced feedback. The lighting he designed was beautiful and really encompassed everything we dreamt of. He is also able to gauge the crowd and keep the dance party raging all night!! Thank you Dennis for being an awesome DJ! You go above and beyond for your clients!! We are grateful!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Selina T

Dennis is the best! His engineering background and knowledge of all music genres is impressive! I have had the honor to work with Dennis as a wedding planner, and am so thankful for his talent, skill, communication and passion to truly make his clients happy! He is a dream to... Read More work with and will not disappoint! Thank you for your excellence! Looking forward to working many more amazing weddingstory together!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Brian W

Dennis was the DJ at a wedding I attended last year. He was able to read the crowd and adjust the musical environment accordingly all night long. An amazing artist and a rare gem. I would highly recommend Dennis for your next event. Even the elderly people at your event will be... Read More up and on the floor!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Dawn T

I was a guest at quinceanera where Dennis was the DJ and emcee. The dance floor was packed to the very end of the event so I recommended his services to my newly engaged friend. Both my friend and her husband to be, were impressed with his professionalism and music knowledge.... Read More Their wedding reception was amazing. Dennis easily navigated their music selections and read the wedding crowd’s musical preferences and kept everyone dancing the entire night. Everyone still talks about their wedding as being the event of the year!! My friend was beyond happy with Dennis. I routinely recommend his services with confidence because I am confident that the end result will be nothing short of amazing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ben R

Had our destination wedding in San Diego. Was so lucky to have found Dennis. He was so attentive and knowledgeable and blended our musical interests. Additionally, although we were paying for a wedding coordinator, it was really Dennis who kept everything rolling and... Read More organized. Don't just take my word for it, interview Dennis to be your wedding DJ and you'll see you need to look no further.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Duane T

We couldn't have had a better DJ! Dennis' knowledge of music is so vast and he had some great suggestions that were perfect! He could not have been better!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Breanne W

I interviewed Dennis to be the DJ for our wedding and although we did not end up hiring him, he was the best DJ I interviewed out of 5! Ok now I have confused you haha, my husband is from another country so we ended up choosing a bilingual DJ so that my mother-in-law (who does... Read More not speak English), could know what was going on during the reception. We last min decided that we needed a bilingual DJ, and let me tell you, Dennis made that decision even more tough, bc he was great. We were initially going to meet at a starbucks for the consultation but apparently it was closed for a remodel! He was quick on his feet and suggested another coffee shop near by. He arrived early to the appointment so he knew the place was closed and took the initiative to find another place close by before I even got there. It was at that moment that I knew he was not only proactive, but professional, and also adaptable :) We went to the Coffee Bean and he asked about our taste in music and what we envisioned and wanted - he then had his laptop ready to show me his very impressive collection of tunes and went over artists that were spot on. He is a seasoned DJ and that was apparent. We would have hired him if we didn't end up going the bilingual route for the hub's side of the fam. I would recommend this DJ to everyone with confidence that they will be very happy. Remember a DJ can make or break a wedding, that is why I ended up interviewing more DJs than any other vendor! Dennis will not disappoint!!! :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mindi C

Dennis was absolutely awesome! His musical knowledge and expertise were just what we were looking for to make our wedding the Best. Day. Ever! He kept the dance floor packed all night long, and we heard over and over from our guests how terrific they thought our DJ was. Thank... Read More you Dennis for making our celebration epic!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016

If your on the fence about contacting Dennis....call him now and book him NOW! He's easy to work with, has a huge selection of songs and has amazing skillz. Would I recommend him? Umm yeeeah!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Phoenicia B

Dennis was great! Not only did he DJ our wedding but he also helped us plan our entrance and educated us about how to actually have a wedding! Told us what usually takes place first time frame he did great, so easy to work with thanks Dennis!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Tress G

DJ Dennis was amazing, incredible, every possible word to describe the best! I had so many guests tell me how perfect the music was and how professional and responsive he was. Direct quote: "I requested a song and he played it right away! DJs never do that!" Hands down the... Read More best money spent. He is so good at what he does so go with what he recommends and take his advice. His worksheet before is so helpful and really gets you ready for the big day. We had him do our ceremony and sound--flawless. DJ Dennis is hands down the best wedding DJ I have heard (and not just because it was my wedding...others echoed that sentiment). Do not look any further!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Melissa S

We recently got married at the Catamaran Resort in San Diego and had the pleasure of having Dj Dennis a part of our special day. He did a fantastic job helping us pick the ceremony songs and reception entrance songs. We had a hard time deciding but he spent a lot of time... Read More showing us examples to help. Dennis was extremely organized and was very passionate and fun to work with. The monogram he designed for our dance floor was amazing and added the perfect touch (we got so many compliments on it). He made sure to get all age groups engaged on the dance floor dancing the entire night. Thank you for making our reception a blast for everyone!

2016-04-22T16:44:02 Response from the vendor

Since I've only done one wedding at the Catamaran Resort recently, I'm going to assume this is Melissa and Hank. :) Melissa's wedding was so much fun! I myself have talked about it to many of my peers. That may seem odd, and if you're... Read Less Read More

Amazing and Best DJ ever!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Courtney R

Dennis Jones is the most knowledgable, professional, and talented DJ in Southern California! Our wedding was a month ago, and people are still talking about how it was the best dance party ever! I'm a total dance snob after years of dance training, so it was extremely important... Read More for our DJ to be awesome and mix the best dance tracks ever; Dennis Jones did it!! He is a total music nerd, and I mean that in the very best way! He knows his stuff! No cheesy wedding DJ with Dennis; he is a total professional. He uses high quality turntables, and will mix the tracks perfectly to fit your big day, and music style. Everyone song flows into the next song flawlessly. More importantly, he knows how to read the crowd, so there's never that awkward moment or song that no one is dancing too! He's super organized and will time your day perfectly! Everyone is still talking about our wedding, and how it was the best dance party ever! Plus, Dennis is just an all around great guy. My husband and I are so thankful we chose Dennis! The music for the entire day was perfect!!! Thanks Dennis!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Heather M

Dennis made the music planning part of our wedding stress-free, and made sure that our wedding was fun for everyone! Once I consulted with him about what we wanted, I knew he could take it from there. I trusted him to play the type of music we like and more importantly, to make... Read More sure everyone at our wedding had fun dancing. He gives great advice and is honest and straight-forward. He knows how to make your wedding fun and get people dancing. He is extremely professional, but he also feels like a friend. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Punam C

We had Dennis DJ for our wedding in June. He is very professional, calm, polite, and extremely organized. He also did the music for our Hindu/Buddhist fusion ceremony beautifully. He coordinated with other vendors and transitioned through each part like a pro. He fused music... Read More for our entire day. He also kept people dancing the entire night. He got everybody, young and old, out on the floor. Thank you so much Dennis! Hire him... You will really be glad you did!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 John W

Dennis Jones exceed my wife and my expectations! Dennis took the time to understand our music style and incorporated everything we wanted into our wedding and more. He kept our guests entertained the entire night. He is very professional, respectful, accommodating, a great... Read More emcee and his sound equipment is state of the art. He made a custom GOBO for us that was amazing. The lighting he has is incredible and he even helped with audio/visual stuff when we needed it. I would recommend Dennis to anyone. If you don't want to worry about your night, leave the microphone and music to DJ Dennis Jones and have fun! Everyone who attended our wedding said it was the best they had been to in a long, long time and Dennis is a major reason why. Thanks Dennis!! John & Steph

Best DJ in San Diego

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Dennis was our DJ at our wedding and he did an amazing job!! We gave him a few songs to work with and let him read the crowd and go from there and he delivered. All of our guest had a blast and couldn't stop talking about how great a job Dennis did. He did such a great job on of... Read More our friends hired him to DJ their wedding, which he delivered yet again. If you are someone that loves music and wants a DJ that does to then Dennis Jones, The Creative Music DJ is the guy for you.

DJ Dennis Jones

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

DJ Dennis Jones is extraordinary! He is organized, timely and most importantly a lot of fun! He knows how to work the crowd and definitely can keep all your guests on the dance floor. I appreciated the variety of music he played at our wedding and his high energy and... Read More professional attitude made the night amazing! I would highly recommend DJ Dennis Jones for any occasion!

Best Wedding DJ in San Diego!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Felicia L

Dennis was the best! Great communication during all the planning and the music was great! My family and friends continued to tell me how much they loved the music and wants to use him for future events. He is super professional and really made the night flow well! Thank you,... Read More Dennis!!

Dennis is great!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Dominique R

We didn't have a huge wedding, but the people who were there enjoyed the music and the dance floor. Based on Dennis's previous reviews, we knew we were dealing with a pro. He is very thorough. He gives you a lot of information up front, then you fill out a worksheet which gets... Read More all the details and music you'd like to hear at your function. Dennis is truly there for your (the client's) benefit. He even gave us pointers and advice on certain hits related to planning. For any future occasions where we need a DJ, We definitely won't hesitate to contact Dennis again.