Event Planner, North Shore, Chicago and Beyond!

Creating unique memorable weddings that reflect your vision for the Best Day Ever! From whimsical and classic, to country and city chic ...whatever you dream of for your special day, we work with you to creatively plan the wedding and add some unique touches that reflect your personal style to orchestrate a wedding that has lasting memories for your friends and family. Let us put our creativity and experience to work to plan your special day . Services we offer: Full Wedding Planning from finding a venue, band and florist to those little details that reflect the bride and grooms personality. Partial Planning for a little or a lot of planning. The Week Of Planner so you can sit back and enjoy family and friends. Call for a free one hour consultation toda

Engagement Party, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

1149 Estate Lane, Lake Forest, IL North Shore, Chicago and Beyond (847) 913-2600

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Jennifer Z

Stephanie was the absolute best and I cannot recommend her enough! She is the sole reason why our wedding day ran smoothly. She was more organized than me (which is pretty tough to do), incredibly professional, and such a calming force. I got to actually enjoy my wedding day... Read More and not stress out about all the details as I knew she had everything covered. Thanks again for everything, Stephanie! You’re the best!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Kay K

There are not enough words to express how wonderful Stephanie is. My son’s wedding was in our backyard with 145 guest and in just 7 months she took care of every last detail. She is connected to so many local vendors that she was able to get us the best possible prices. There... Read More was so much to do but she made it seem effortlessly so we could relax and enjoy the day. She became part of our family and in the end we enjoyed a wonderful day for my son and my new daughter. Thank you Stephanie ❤️

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kimberly N

True Professionals!! Stephanie and her team at Creative Planners were the perfect fit for our daughter's childhood dream of an at home wedding. Because it was a large wedding at our home, there were many logistics involved....tents, restroom trailers, lighting, rentals, UGH!... Read More Not to worry, Stephanie had everything under control! With our budget always in mind, the CP team found the perfect vendors for our venue. Stephanie was timely to communicate and always punctual for meetings. She offered artistic, fresh design ideas and was there to answer all social and etiquette questions that arose. Stephanie is attentive, organized and resourceful. The day of the wedding I was able to relax and thoroughly enjoy the celebration with friends and family. I will always be grateful to Stephanie and Michelle for that. I highly recommend The Creative Planners from the engagement to the "I do". Thank you Stephanie for your expertise and kindheartedness. Our wedding vision became a reality because of you!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Kristie P

We had a wonderful experience with Stephanie. She was thoughtful, responsive, flexible, creative and fun! Yes, the planning process really can be fun. Stephanie gave us the time, space and options to figure out how we wanted things to be, yet also understood when to push us... Read More politely on important items. She managed others to get things done well and she was not afraid to roll up her sleeves to do things herself. We had a few last minute changes that she handled with grace. We also very much appreciated the local connections that she has in the area -- everyone we used were very nice, professional and personal. It is obvious they like to work with Stephanie as well. We would recommend her without hesitation -- thank you Stephanie!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Anne U

Stephanie Cook is a 5 star planner for certain. We could not have planned our daughter's backyard wedding for 210 without her. There were many moving parts, and Stephanie executed the plan flawlessly, always giving 200% of all of her experience with ease and grace.... Read More Fortunately, we were able to retain Stephanie's services for the 8 months prior to the wedding date, as well as the day of, and thus she was able to align us with the best of her vendor connections. Stephanie made what could have been an overwhelming experience of planning a dream wedding possible for us. Stephanie knew what was important for us each month, and had us focusing on the to dos, so all would be completed in a timely fashion. She has an extensive planning format and timeline. She is outstanding at what she does, including a keen ability to work with all personalities in a calm and reasonable manner to reach the best outcomes for all. Stephanie was always budget conscious, and always made sure we were comfortable with our choices, aligning us with vendors who were the best fit for us. Stephanie exceeded our expectations, giving 200% of herself at all times. She was always present with a smile and humor. She was an enormous blessing for us, and we are eternally grateful to her.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Alex F

Stephanie Cook is the wedding planner in the know. Whether you need help with traditional wedding etiquette or need support creating the unique and personalized wedding of your dreams, Stephanie is your go-to girl. We were so happy to have Stephanie as our planner. She is... Read More always prepared, calm, and can work with all personalities. She handled our massive 200 guest, backyard wedding with ease. Her attention to detail and personal care for your special day makes you feel like you've got a guardian angel watching over you the whole way. She can do it all and we will miss working with her.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Kyle K

Stephanie was an absolute lifesaver for us through our wedding. She has everything you could ask for in a wedding planner/coordinator. She's creative, and has seemingly endless interesting, fun and practical ideas. She has an eye for detail and also never loses sight of the big... Read More picture you are trying to create. She's an incredibly hard worker, not afraid of the physical labor of setting up an event. She is excellent at setting and maintaining a timeline, contacts with other vendors, and keeping everything and everyone connected. She's the person you can trust when everything is confusing or overwhelming. Our wedding ended up more visually beautiful, more smoothly paced, and more deftly organized than I ever imagined. Stephanie deserves all the credit for that. I would recommend hiring Stephanie to anyone who's getting married in the North Shore area.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Heather A

My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Stephanie! She is a true professional and so sweet and wonderful to work with. We hired Stephanie for her day of services, but was SO much more than that and was beyond helpful anytime we had a question or needed... Read More help with any stage of the planning. It is hard to give up control on your wedding day, but you can be 100% certain that giving that control to Stephanie is the best decision you will make!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Elizabeth B

Everything for our wedding was BEYOND PERFECT. The venue, the lighting and colors, the band, the food, the ceremony, the way everyone involved in any way showed up in mind and spirit. She pushed us to love everything, to never settle, and to bring to life every aspect we... Read More imagined. She fully "got" what we were looking for, and directed us to the best resources that fit what we envisioned. We have a video from our event in which Stephanie can be seen pacing enthusiastically on the sidelines like a coach, having a great time and ensuring every small thing came off perfectly. Good thing she took care of everything as we were completely swept up in the event, surrounded by friends and family, and overwhelmed with love and emotion. And that's just how it should be! We thank Stephanie from the bottom of our hearts for all the care and energy she put into turning what we had thought of as just a little party into the memory of a lifetime.

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Katy H

A friend recommended the Creative Planners to us. We can't say enough about working with Stephanie! We planned our wedding from out of town (our wedding was in the suburbs of Chicago) and she graciously shared her expertise. Stephanie was always a pleasure to work with, whether... Read More we were Face-timing, or meeting in-person when we visited. She kept us organized throughout the process, with a clear timeline, and sending us gentle reminders when needed (very helpful skill!). With a 5 month timeline (yes - start to finish!), Stephanie was careful and thorough at the beginning to understand what we wanted, and the budget we had to execute it. She found options/solutions to fulfill our vision, but we always felt in control of the decisions. Her focus on quality and positive relationships with vendors was obvious throughout. On our wedding day, Stephanie was irreplacable. She was with us throughout the day through the evening, a rare dedication to her clients. We would recommend Stephanie to anyone. You won't be disappointed with your event!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Lauren R

We can't say enough good things working with Stephanie. We had a unique situation and had a short time to plan the wedding and Stephanie went so above and beyond. She was organized and kept us on track without pushing, and listened to all of our wishes and concerns. She was very... Read More conscious of our budget and saved us a lot of money through our contracts and her connections. Stephanie helped us prioritize what was important to us and worked really well with our vendors and coordinating everything. She wasn't bossy and overpowering, like I have seen many other wedding planners be! Using Stephanie to help plan our wedding was one of the best decisions we made throughout the planning process.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016

Wow! Stephanie is the BEST! If you want someone to help you create your dream wedding day, do not look any further. Stephanie nailed it. She is a total pro. My wife and daughter had some very cool ideas for the wedding day, many of which were not easy in executing. But with... Read More Stephanie's help and guidance, it came off 100x better than we expected. Most of our guests said it was "the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to!" We agree! Thanks you so much, Stephanie!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Shea D

I had the GREATEST experience working with Stephanie Cook and Creative Planners! Stephanie really helped bring to life a dream wedding for my husband and I. She was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the ENTIRE wedding planning process! She felt like family. My... Read More family, husband, and I worked closely with Stephanie the whole time planning and she made the process seamless, fun, exciting, and enjoyable. I had never really been involved with planning a wedding before for any family or friends, so did not really know a ton about wedding planning details and what to expect. Stephanie's years of event planning really showed true and she knew exactly what to do and how to do it, for every single aspect of the wedding planning process. Her calmness, expertise and suggestions, along with our ideas of what we wanted, really created the best day. The planning process went smoothly, as well as the actual wedding day, itself. I would recommend Stephanie and Creative Planners to anyone who is looking to plan their dream wedding and for it to come together perfectly. Thank you so much for everything!!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 ann o

We are happy to enthusiastically recommend The Creative Planners if you are looking for a wedding planner who is fun to work with, has great input and ideas, .and will take your wedding day stress off your plate. Stephanie is organized and knowledgeable and great at managing... Read More all of the moving pieces of a busy wedding day. A great planner helps all of your vendors work together so the day runs smoothly. There are so many little details that you don't know before you get married, but Stephanie is great about nailing down everything ahead of time so on the wedding day all you have to do is enjoy it! +-9 +

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Creative Planners! Stephanie brought my vision to life! She was so great to work with, extremely professional and reliable and my husband and I enjoyed all the time we spent with her. She is very knowledgeable on the area and has... Read More great relationships with vendors. She was on top of everything and always answered my questions or concerns in a timely manner. Stephanie was hands on when it came time to get things ready for the big day! I am a control freak and had a very specific vision but she was always organized, even keeping me on my toes and made my dream wedding come true. We had our wedding at the beautiful Elawa Farm in Lake Forest (highly recommended as well!!!) and Stephanie handled everything since we had to bring in all the vendors - she made it truly spectacular. My husband and I, along with our families and even bridal party, talk about how we could have never done it without her and her team. My bridesmaids rave about her. We didn't have to worry the weekend of and especially that day! You will be in the BEST hands if you hire the Creative Planners for your wedding!!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

Stephanie Cook and Kate Burke were life savers for our wedding! They were our week/day of planners for a somewhat complicated event. They gave lots of great suggestions and totally rehearsed the bridal party for the wedding -as we had a first time lay officiant. The day of,... Read More Kate was on top of everything and kept me up to date and was a great problem solver. Again- I can't recommend their services enough- it will make your day go smoother and you will be able to enjoy it more.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

Stephanie was terrific. She took care of every last detail and was pleasant to work with. I couldn't have done it without her and the wedding was perfect!

could not have done our wedding without her

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Stephanie was our wedding planner this past summer, and my husband and I both walked away from that day recognizing that it would not have been half as special or amazing without Stephanie's help. Stephanie asks the questions you don't think to ask, she is incredibly... Read More organized and resourceful, she is excellent at helping with difficult decisions, and she was able to work with us on our tighter budget with ease. Throughout the planning process she reminded us to find joy in the details and she showed us what was most important to focus our energies on. She is also incredibly outgoing and makes working with, even the most difficult vendors and relatives, a breeze. The day of the wedding, I felt completely taken care of. I was not stressed out at all because I knew Stephanie was behind the scenes working it all out for me. Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives and, really, EVERY single one of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. It could not have been so without Steph. We are so grateful to her and would hire her again in a second. It is in your best interest to do the same!

The Right Choice!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

I can not speak highly enough on the job Stephanie did as my Wedding Planner. I challenged her to help me coordinate a two day event, Beach Party and Wedding, in 5 months time. Stephanie was organized, efficient with her time and her attention to detail is amazing. She helped... Read More me think through every last little detail that made the events feel intimate and personal as if we had years to plan. She was attentive to the presentation and atmosphere I wanted to convey to our guests. Most importantly she was respectful of my budget and I am happy to say we did not go over budget. You can only get this from a Wedding Planner with great resources and respected enough in the industry to negotiate on your behalf. There was such great synergy between Stephanie and my entire wedding party. She orchestrated the events perfectly. My Husband and I enjoyed each event, our guests company and the evenings just flowed magically.

Every bride needs Stephanie!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Emelia L

Stephanie made my wedding day feel like mine. I hired her a few months into my wedding planning process. I was a very organized, but creative bride and had a lot of moving parts involved in pulling together my big day. I was quickly realizing that it was going to take a very... Read More special professional to put these elements together. Stephanie stepped into this role with impressive grace and professionalism. She worked with me for months leading up to my wedding; looking over contracts, meeting with vendors, negotiating timelines. She helped me head off any problems long before they could become disasters and saved me thousands of dollars in the process. When my wedding weekend came and I could feel myself needing to step back from planning and controlling mode and into "bride" modeI felt confident handing over the clipboard to Stephanie. She stepped up at rehearsal, took charge and guided me, my wedding party, and my family through the wedding weekend I had been working so hard to achieve. In the year or so since my wedding I have been a guest/bridesmaid at a few more weddings. They have been lovely, but at each one I find myself thinking "Oh boy, this bride needs Stephanie Cook....badly"

Professional, Great Style, & Experienced

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Jessica V

We worked with Stephanie for our downtown Chicago wedding in May of 2014, at the Drake Hotel. We would have been lost without her. From venue hunting to florist appointments, Stephanie knew the right questions to ask (ones I never would have thought of) and how to negotiate. She... Read More has amazing style and was honest about the things we did or didn't really need to have. The day of, I didn't worry about a thing. She was incredibly organized and everything was flawless. When I walked into the reception area for the first time, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Everything was exactly how I'd imagined it. She was also great about helping us move from table to table during dinner to make sure we spoke with every person there, which was important to me. She kept us on schedule in the most relaxed and non-pushy way. Stephanie was the best decision we made related to the wedding - highly recommend!

Very Thorough, Experienced Professional.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

We contracted The Creative Planners for our out of town wedding (July 2015) in Colorado.(from Chicago) Stephanie stepped right in and guided us gently through the process. Her experience in the industry was key and proved invaluable, particularly for us in managing and out... Read More of state wedding. Most impressive: We did have a few situations arise the day of wedding, that required last minute "thinking on your feet resolutions". Stephanie was right there, if not 2 steps ahead. Creative Planners helped us negotiate contracts, manage subcontractors and was essential in pulling off a 'Dream Come True Wedding." Highly recommend!!!

Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Stephanie was indispensable, from having marvelous ideas on venues to helping me negotiate price. Even though I was a mature bride, on the day of the wedding I wasn't able to think about the details, and Stephanie handled everything effortlessly. After it was... Read More over my brother and sister-in-law, who have been attending and giving a number of weddings in the last few years because of the age of their children, said our wedding was the best, tasteful yet relaxed and all the guests had a wonderful time.

Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Becky G

My daughter's wedding in August 2015 was a magical night! I have to say a large part of it's success was working with Stephanie Cook of The Creative Planners. From the first moment when my daughter and I met with Stephanie we knew she was right for us. We instantly became... Read More friends and she made us feel so comfortable. She made herself available to us throughout the year especially the last month. She made great suggestions for all the important decisions like the band, caterer, florist etc. The venue we chose was tricky as everything needed to be rented and brought in. There were so many details and Stephanie was amazing in making it all happen! She really listened to all of our suggestions and helped us bring our vision to reality. She did all this with such a calmness that we were able to enjoy the process! I have to say it was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to. Without a doubt hiring Stephanie as our wedding planner was the best decision I could have made......Thank you!!!!

Stephanie Cook

Planning weddings and making special memories are a joy to me. I love to become part of the family and taking the bride and grooms vision to creating a day that is beyond their dreams. There are so many special parts of the day, but the I love it when the bride and groom come into the reception room before any guests are there to say "wow, it is more beautiful than I imagined it would be". That makes my heart sing ... let me create that day for you!