Real Chicago...Real Weddings

Celebrate your future in the comfort of illustrious historic distinction. The Drake, a Hilton Hotel is one of few extraordinary hotels in the world, renowned for its iconic wedding venues. This urban retreat overlooking Oak Street Beach, where the Magnificent Mile begins, opened with a roaring start on New Year’s Eve 1920. A proven party starter, the hotel wedding and reception venues are met by a wedding team that is celebrated for their down to earth disposition, amazing city connections and professionalism to curate the wedding day you’ve always imaged.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

140 EAST WALTON PLACE, chicago, IL (312) 787-2200

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Jackie V

The Drake Hotel in Chicago was the venue for my wedding ceremony and reception. I was BEYOND pleased with EVERY single thing about the experience. I cannot rave about it enough. When searching for venues, I knew I needed a venue large enough for 300 and wanted something that... Read More represented Chicago (with great food!). I visited nearly 20 sites but the moment I walked into the Gold Coast Room at the Drake, I absolutely fell in love. The hotel, and the rooms, are absolutely stunning -the views of Lake Michigan, the gold pillars, chandeliers, etc. While I had visited other gorgeous hotels in Chicago, what set The Drake apart from all others are the people who work there. I anticipated meeting a stuffy wedding coordinator, rude staff, etc. I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG. Antoinette Cahill, the Director of Social & Corporate Catering for The Drake, was the best thing about choosing the venue. She was incredibly down-to-earth, made planning so easy (she recommended all of my vendors who were amazing, too) and she dealt with my mom and I when we were stressed and mildly difficult to work with. She is an utmost professional. All other staff at the Drake individually showed the same professionalism and positive attitude and made my family and all of our guests, feel so special. Thanks to The Drake, and Antoinette, for making my dream wedding come true.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Michelle D

I have had the pleasure and privilege of working at this historic hotel multiple times and can say that it is one of the most classic and beautiful spaces in Chicago. It offers multiple options as far as ballrooms and exquisite service. From the kitchen to the service team and... Read More everywhere in between the experience is always amazing for my clients. I have worked with Sarah and Antoinette and each of them has positive energy, professionalism and dedication to providing a great experience.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Randall S

Shaun at the Drake is fantastic. The catering staff went beyond their way to make this a special evening. Food was top notch and everyone is still buzzing about our wedding a month ago. Can’t wait to return every year for our anniversary dinner.

Room Blocks and Gift Bags

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Tracy W

Reserving a block of rooms here was very easy. Although wasn't thrilled there was a gift bag charge to hand them to our guests.

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Katie H

Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to get married at The Drake. Well, I recently got engaged and was anxious to visit the property and discuss the details to prepare for my dream wedding reception! We met with John and he was very nice, the hotel is old ( reason we loved... Read More is for the history). However, the ceilings in the cocktail reception area were run down and one of the master suites shown smelled like mold. These were a few things we noticed during the visit but still had our hearts set on The Drake just because of it's history. The reason for writing this review is I wanted to express my extreme disappointment with the way my consultation was handled by both John (catering director) and Annemarke ( I suppose this was the room rate/ sales group rep). We were willing to spend 40k on a nice reception but they would not offer a reasonable reduced room rate for our guests. It was absurd and double what they advertise online. When trying to negotiate, there is no negotiation with them as they stick their noses up and have a take it or leave it stance and simply don't respond. They would not drop 40 bucks in order to stay in a reasonable group room rate and it's sad that they can't take a step back and look at the bigger picture. I suppose they have no problem filling their event space and made it apparent by forgetting to even try to work with us in order to make our wedding wishes a reality. Thanks Drake!

High Tea

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Sarah L

We had tea for my bachelorette party, and it was a lot of fun! The Drake Hotel's tea room is so fancy and elegant, and the food is pretty good. And, they keep the tea coming--we never ran out!

Service beyond compare.

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Maria R

Beautiful venue. Above all, their service was phenomenal. We're helpful in giving suggestions for wedding vendors as well.

Meet The Director of Catering

Antoinette Cahill

Trusted by corporate and discerning event hosts as the premier event planner in the Chicago area. Her industry connections and eye for exceptional style has made her the sought after social event planner and wedding planner. Her experience managing traditional weddings and well as ethnic, cross-cultural weddings, makes her the first call for brides in Chicago. She has successfully executed lavish, luxurious weddings for discerning and discreet clientele in and around Chicago.