The Farm-A Gathering Place

Candler , NC

Book Your Wedding with The Farm-A Gathering Place

A BALLROOM IN CANDLER , NC

The Farm, located in Candler, just a few miles outside of Asheville, North Carolina, is a horse farm that provides your wedding day with rustic charm and a beautiful backdrop. The horse farm has a large barn and event center, as well as rental cabins located directly on the property. There are three parts to The Farm that you can enjoy on your wedding day—the beautiful outdoor space, the barn and the gazebo.

The Barn can hold up to 300 guests for the day of your event. The building has hardwood floors, a large stone fireplace and wraparound porches. The doors that lead out to the porch are large glass-paneled doors that let in a lot of light, which makes the space ideal for winter weddings. The porch faces the westward side of the Appalachian Mountains and gives you and your guests an idyllic view for your wedding day. You can hold your wedding ceremony and reception at the barn.

The Gazebo offers an alternate location for the ceremony portion of your wedding and is included in the venue rental. The gazebo is a rustic-styled structure made of tree trunks and covered with beautiful ivy. Nestled in a beautiful group of trees, the gazebo offers a beautiful backdrop for your vows. Chairs can be set up on the lawn next to the space for your guests to view the ceremony.

The Farm offers numerous packages for you to chose from when you rent the venue. The packages available depend on the month that you are looking to have your event. If you plan on having more then 200 guests at your event, you are required to have a tent in case there is any overflow for seating from the main reception or ceremony area. Rentals on Friday and Saturday get the venue for 14 hours starting at 10 a.m. The caterer must also sign an agreement with the venue in order to provide services there. Event coordinators are required to use any of the packages, but have a separate package that is required.

The rental does not include decorating services, alcohol, photographer, entertainment, bakery or music. The event staff does not set up or tear down the event. The rental packages all include the table setting and decor package. This package includes:

• Access to a commercial prep kitchen
  • Wood-burning fireplace for use in winter events
  • Outdoor trash areas and busing areas
  • An hour of rehearsal time prior to 5 p.m. during the week

All of the packages, with the exception of the elopement packages, come with standard features, including:

• Round dining tables
  • White padded outdoor chairs
  • Natural wood indoor chairs
  • Sound system that has iPod connections
  • Serving tables
  • Heating and A/C
  • Parking attendant
  • Setup and tear down of all equipment rented from The Farm
  • Host on site at all times
  • Dance floor
  • Plastic curtains for porches during bad weather
  • Rustic bar

The venue offers rental cabins that they have painstakingly restored and are part of an old homestead that was on the property originally. They have been fully restored and modernized on the inside.

The Farm, A Gathering Place

The Farm has rustic charm, hardwood floors, a huge fireplace and wraparound porches that are designed for winter and summer use. Imagine declaring your vows at sunset in the gazebo, a romantic spot nestled in the trees with the western mountains as a backdrop.

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn

Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

215 Justice Ridge Road, Candler , NC (828) 667-0666

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Melanie M

If I could give the Farm 100 stars, I would. They exceeded our expectations! We initially loved the venue becuse of its organic, laid back feel and the fact that there were cabins on site for family to stay on was a huge bonus. Once we started working with Kirin and Chef Mike,... Read More we were even more happy with our pick. Kirin was fantastic. I cannot say nice enough things about her. She truly cares about our desires, she is a go-getter and very detail oriented. We could not have done it without her. She coordinated with all the vendors, made suggestions about layouts and really made the whole process seamless. She was incredible and really made me feel at ease. Chef Mike was also fantastic. When we went up for a menu tasting, we didn't know the food would be THAT good. It was all delicious and we loved that it was farm to table. Chef Mike prepared the food as if we were getting it the night of the wedding, with condiments, sides and all. The presentation was awesome and the food was to die for. Probably the best flank steak with chimichurri sauce I have ever had. People raved about all of the food. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any bride and groom looking for a rustic elegant feel. Kirin and Chef Mike will definitely take care of all your needs. People came up to us all night telling us how much they loved the environment with the twinkle lights, the smores bar, the romantic fire place and the amazing food. It was very laid back and fun. Thank you so much to the farm for making our wedding dream come true!

Ideal location for a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015

My husband and I were married at The Farm venue near Asheville, NC this June. We enjoyed majestic views and the farm provided a perfect balance between my husband and I’s modern and rustic tastes. The luxurious cabins provided a welcome oasis from the expected chaos of our... Read More wedding weekend. Beyond this, the Farm staff offered incredible service which made the wedding planning experience, as well as the wedding day itself, stress free and more convenient than I had ever dreamed of.

Reviewed on 6/16/2015

The Farm provided the ultimate wedding experience for my fiancé and I! With countless rustic decor availability and a country chic atmosphere, this venue had endless possibilities! Very clean, organized and accessible venue with gorgeous mountainous views, detailed landscaping... Read More and a beautifully renovated modern day barn! The Farm's staff members were more than helpful with anything we needed and definitely put themselves out to make our wedding day exactly what we had in mind! We were very impressed with the staffs hospitality, knowledge and services! This venue has everything you could ever need to celebrate your next occasion!!!! We are very satisfied with our experience, and would not change a thing about our special day! We're very appreciative of everything the Farm done for us!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Jenny G

The Farm was amazing to work with and such a beautiful spot! I would suggest this venue to anyone looking for a scenic spot near Asheville with rustic charm. Our guests were constantly commenting on how lovely it was.

2017-07-07T11:57:07 Response from the vendor

Jenny - you and your guests were all soooo kind. Thank you for inviting us to be part of your special day. You were a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Erin K

The Farm was an amazing venue to have our wedding. Our guest had nothing but nice things to say about the staff and venue. The staff are accommodating and always eager to add it in any way. There set up with the cabins on site made getting ready for the big day stress free and... Read More enjoyable! The venue is beautiful and just what we were looking for. Thank you for making our day wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Erin F

The Farm is an absolute dream. Our immediate families and bridal parties stayed in The Farm's cottages for three nights (Thursday-Sunday). That was something truly special… to all be staying in beautiful cottages on the wedding venue site with your loved ones is a gift. It made... Read More the weekend feel more like a vacation with all of your loved ones rather than a stressful one-night thing. I can't explain how amazing it was! The ceremony in the gazebo and the reception were just magical. Everything was so breathtakingly beautiful. The Farm provided all of the dishes, linens, and supplies (like mason jars, props, chalkboards, corn hole, etc).. and that made the reception a stress-free and really fun event for everyone. Multiple people told me it was by far the best wedding they have ever been to- and that there was something special about the wedding. I think what was special was The Farm. I wish I could go back in time and be back on the Farm again. The staff is amazing, kind, helpful, and accommodating. It truly felt like home.. and like a dream. So much love and gratitude :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Monica M

My husband and I knew from the second we arrived at The Farm that we wanted to get married there. It doesn't get much better, visually and location wise. Our experience working with Kirin as our event coordinator was extremely smooth and she put up with all of my crazy last... Read More minute changes. Not only were they responsive, they provide lists of vendors to use, who all turned out to be AMAZING. If you do have the pleasure of getting married here, I would recommend renting the cabins on site as well. They are cozy, spacious, accommodating and convenient! Everything about our wedding weekend was perfect and we truly have The Farm to thank for that!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Aviva I

I chose The Farm to get married in for my wedding a few weeks ago and it was absolutely a fabulous experience! I had Kirin as my coordinator and she went above and beyond to get all of the crazy little things I planned to come to life. The planning process was a joy with her... Read More and The Farm gave great recommendations for vendors. We used many of their recommendations and all of them were phenomenal. Kirin brought my outdoor vision to life and took care of every little detail which made for a non-stressful wedding day and a perfect wedding and reception. The Farm is so beautiful and provided such an amazing back drop for my guests and photographers. Having the cabins on site, and allowing me to use the space in different ways made the experience feel more unique and homely then other venues I looked at. The Farm is very organized about the planning process which keeps you on track and Kirin, is extremely helpful and calming during the planning process. I really can not sing her phrases enough. Over all, I was blown away by how smooth everything came together and how magical the night was. I highly recommend using The Farm for your wedding! I wish I could do it all again! Aviva and Graham

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Katy J

We had our wedding at The Farm and couldn't be happier with the venue and staff. In the year of planning, they were extremely responsive, helpful, and kind. Andrea, Kirin, and everyone else we worked with were the definition of professional, friendly, and patient. The venue... Read More itself is so naturally beautiful, but when decorated, our jaw dropped as it completely transformed into the most gorgeous wedding setting. They have pretty much every item you need for decor, which makes planning a lot easier. When I had no idea what I was doing, they were quick to suggest options and give their opinions. On the day of, they made sure everything went smoothly. We also stayed on the property, as did a handful of our wedding guests and highly recommend the cabins for the guests and bride/groom cottage. The cabins are rustic, yet updated and comfortable. I will absolutely be back for a quiet getaway at the Chesnut Cabin! I would highly recommend the Farm as a wedding venue to any bride and groom wanting a beautiful outdoor setting in the Carolina mountains! I wish we could do the day all over again :)

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Bobby T

We had a wonderful wedding weekend and The Farm really helped make that happen. Their staff were helpful, informative, and gave expert advice. Throughout the planning process, they always responded to emails and calls quickly and were accommodating. They made sure someone was... Read More able to help us whenever we needed it and helped us enjoy the wedding stress-free. Our guests all commented on how lovely the venue was. We hardly had to buy any of our own decorations (just some flowers) because The Farm is so well-equipped. Their choices for linens, table cloths, and dishware were just what we wanted for the wedding. The lighting inside is perfect and we did not have to change a thing. I would definitely recommend getting the outdoor lighting package, it really added to the ambiance of the night.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Christina L

I initially picked the Farm as my wedding venue because of its natural beauty. I knew I always wanted to get married in this setting with a rustic/romantic vibe. Little did I know I would also be working with an amazing team. Andrea, my wedding coordinator was truly amazing.... Read More She was so easy to get a hold of and professional through this entire process. She listened to every detail I envisioned for my wedding day and made it come true. The adaptability of the team, and the venue itself saved us from what could have been a disaster when it rained. As it was everything worked out beautifully and it really was a magical day. To all you future brides that are planning, these are things that allowed me to pick the farm as my wedding venue (aside from the beauty itself). 1.) Despite having there own very good caterer you can pick an outside caterer 2.) you can purchase your own alcohol to bring to the farm (which saved us lots of money) 3.) the indoor space is air conditioned and extremely beautiful ( so if it ends up raining, its no big deal) 4.) the onsite rustic cabins were full of charm. They were so convenient to get ready in the day of the wedding and it was also a good place for family to stay on the wedding night. I would highly recommend this venue!!!! Truly the best day of our lives!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Easha T

The Farm was the most delightful event venue to work with for our wedding day. Andrea was a phenomenal day-of coordinator as well as leading up to the big day. She always responded to my countless emails in a prompt manner, fulfilled our special requests to make our ceremony... Read More unique, and ensured the entire day ran smoothly from start to finish. The Farm was very familiar with our other vendors which made the vendor-to-vendor coordination seamless. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day! All the guests raved about the breathtaking landscapes at The Farm and our wedding party absolutely loved staying in the beautifully decorated cabins all weekend for an intimate after-party. The Farm was a big part of making our day so magical.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Sarah L

The staff was always extremely helpful any time I had questions leading up to our wedding. They were also very patient with us as we visited several times to show family the space as well as figure out exactly where everything was going to take place. The day of was perfect! The... Read More venue looked amazing and if something went wrong I had no idea about it. The staff was set everything up just liked we had talked about and it looked even more beautiful than I had pictured in my mind. They got everything setup on time. I would highly recommend The Farm for your wedding venue! It was beyond anything that my husband and I could have imagined and the staff made it run smoothly without a hitch!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Allyne G

I never wanted a wedding but my now husband was adamant on having one. From the very beginning, The Farm understood my feelings and went out of their way to connect with me, make me comfortable, and ensure I was confident in everything. As the day crept closer, I realized just... Read More how much Kirin and Andrea were helping because I didn't have to worry about vendor coordination, details, or logistics. I felt so relieved knowing that it was under control that I was able to focus on everything else. They went above and beyond from the very beginning of planning the the last final detail and I can honestly say that my wedding day was the best day of my life. I fully recommend the lighting package and securing their day of coordination services. Their efforts extend way earlier and beyond the day of and it's evident that they're true professionals. On the day of, Kirin gave us gentle guidance to keep the day flowing and was extremely kind and celebratory with my family and friends. The cabins on property were amazing and luxurious and the property itself is welcoming, warm, and magical. When we booked this venue after one phone call and site unseen we were a bit nervous until we saw the venue and met everyone in person, but we would make the same decision 100x over again.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 k

We could not have picked a better place to have our April wedding! The Farm venue speaks for itself. What you don’t get from looking at the pictures of the venue or seeing the venue in person is how amazing their staff is! Bev, Jean, Kirin, and Andrea all pitched in on an as... Read More needed basis to answer our questions and make our day exactly the way we wanted it. Andrea always answered my emails within hours and was very accommodating and flexible when I asked to change some of our place settings after they had been finalized during the 30 day meeting. When there was a threat of rain on our wedding day, Andrea remained calm, provided me with creative ways to arrange the ceremony inside, and allowed me extra time to “make the call” (ceremony inside vs. outside) on the day of. We gambled with an outdoor ceremony despite the 90% chance of rain and in the end everything worked out more perfectly than we could have ever imagined!

2016-06-01T10:19:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review!!! We greatly appreciate your kind words and we are thrilled to hear how happy you are with the way things went. We want to wish you all the happiness and love as you start this new chapter with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Karen C

The Farm, from the charming cabins and cottages, to the beautiful event barn and the breathtaking property was the perfect venue to make our dream wedding a reality. I felt, as many brides-to-be probably do, completely clueless as to how to go about planning a wedding and... Read More booking vendors. Andrea put me to ease from the moment I met her. She listened to my ideas, and made sure every detail of our wedding was just as we had planned. The day of our wedding was the most relaxed I felt during the entire wedding-planning process because I knew everything was in her very capable hands. I was able to sit back and relax in our beautiful cottage with my bridesmaids, as she coordinated with all of our vendors and set everything up. She was there every step of the way, making sure things ran smoothly and without a hitch. I'm not a very detail-oriented person, but somehow every detail of our wedding felt personal and designed just for us. I attribute that largely to Andrea and the wonderful and gracious staff and owners of the farm. The most important aspect of our wedding was that we got to enjoy every single minute of it without worry or stress. It was the greatest day of our lives, and I am so grateful to everyone at the Farm for making our wedding absolutely perfect!

2016-05-17T11:55:55 Response from the vendor

Karen, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your review! It is always so nice getting to hear how things went in your eyes. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review and we are so thrilled to hear that you and Darin's very... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Michele D

My wedding was absolutely perfect! The staff is there for you to answer any questions you have along the way. I worked with the day of coordinator, Andrea, who was especially helpful. I bombarded her with questions months prior to the wedding as any bride would do and she always... Read More responded in a timely manner. The Farm truly made one of the most important days in my life memorable!

2016-05-04T09:01:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and the venue! It was truly our pleasure to be able to work with you and help create such a memorable night for the two of you. We are extremely happy to know how... Read Less Read More

Rustic Romance at The Farm

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Ryan T

We planned our wedding in 3 months and our coordinator from The Farm, Kirin, really kept me on task during the whirlwind process. The price includes the venue (winter pricing), the coordinator, and the food from their in house caterer for 80 people. We used an outside vendor... Read More for alcohol. The day of the wedding was completely stress free and everything was flawless from start to finish. It was more than we ever could have imagined! We could not be happier and our guests were amazed by everything. This is truly a beautiful spot and we highly recommend The Farm. All of the outside vendors they suggested were reliable and did a wonderful job, as well. Kirin communicated with all of them for us and it was a really easy process for us. We also did brunch with them in the morning using their caterer and it was also great! I guess our only compliant would be that they were a little pushy about payments at times. So if you are working on a tight timeline without the means to pay, I would recommend going in another direction.

2016-01-21T14:41:24 Response from the vendor

We are delighted you chose our venue for your beautiful wedding. It was our pleasure to work with you to make your event all you dreamed it would be while keeping it stress free and flawless for you. Customer feedback is an invaluable tool we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Marie P

The Farm is an absolutely beautiful, perfect, accommodating, gorgeous, helpful... (The list is endless!) location to have a wedding! My now husband and I could not have been more pleased with all they did for us to make our day the best day ever!! It's almost one month after our... Read More wedding and still guests cannot stop raving about how beautiful it all was. Considering our age and how many weddings we have all been to at this point in our lives (let alone this year), that is a true testament to the beauty of The Farm. We are forever grateful to The Farm and we highly, highly, highly recommend it to be the place you host any event!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Ani V

I cannot stress how amazing it was to work the Farm as the venue for my wedding and reception, May 2015. They helped make the whole process of booking, organizing, designing, decorating and actually having the event so easy. I went with the package that included the decor for... Read More the reception as well as cabins on property for our immediate family to stay in. This is the way to go! First they have so many amazing decorations on hand to fit the space and your style, and the best part is you have little to no clean up after the event is over because it all stays on property. So there was almost nothing for us to worry about as far as set-up and clean-up making the whole day feel effortless. It was also great having access to the cabins on site so we had a place for our families to hang out before the wedding. And my husband and I were able to have a little private cabin for the night of. The staff helped us organize how the day would unfold and work with getting the vendors settled. This was great for those of us who forgoes the event coordinator! All and all, The Farm helped me enjoy my wedding without having to worry about anything.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Stephanie G

It was far more beautiful than I could have dreamed it would be. The staff was professional, responsive, and accommodating from start to finish. I cannot say enough about how happy I am with choosing this venue.

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Christina Z

The Farm was an amazing place to have our wedding. Everyone was great to work with, especially Andrea and Kirin. They're personalities are perfect to deal with stressed out brides, calm and understanding. It rained for our ceremony and they were right there making sure... Read More everything went as smooth as possible and passed out umbrellas to our guests. Communication was always very prompt and the actual grounds are stunning. Wonderful place, wonderful people.

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Molly R

The farm was the perfect venue to have our big day! It is absolutely beautiful inside and out, the staff is lovely and informative ! They have a decor package that you can add on to your rental, and it allows you to use any of the decor items they already have on site! Saved a... Read More lot of money and time. They also have adorable cabins you can rent while your stay there! And make for lovely pictures ! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Anna L

The Farm was a beautiful place to have our wedding. All of our guests continue to tell us how much they enjoyed the setting and the horses! We purchased the decor package, which made decorating extremely easy. They provided so much, which was perfect for us because we were... Read More coming from out of town. Our bridal party stayed in the cabins, which are absolutely beautiful and so convenient. The people at The Farm were very professional, were always available to answer questions (my mom had plenty), and know what they are doing to make your day go off without a hitch!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015

There could not be a more beautiful setting. Our wedding was held at the end of May and the grounds were stunning. Everything was in bloom and nice and green. The staff was extremely helpful and communicated with us the whole way through. They paid attention to all the small... Read More details and took care of everything. The value was great. We also rented the cabins and place setting package, which I highly reccomend. We received so many compliments on our venue choice. I would highly suggest this place to everyone!