The Farm-A Gathering Place

Candler , NC

The Farm, A Gathering Place

The Farm is a relaxed, warm, gathering place for weddings, receptions, corporate team building, family celebrations and romantic getaways. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, The Farm is just outside of vibrant and artistic Asheville, NC. Originally a family farm, it has grown into a unique, flexible and award winning full-service events venue. The Event Center is a chameleon of sorts – equally suited for an elegant wedding as it is for a southern BBQ. Come saunter along the drive, rock on the porch and enjoy the peace and beauty of our farm as the sun sets behind the mountains. Afterwards, you’ll understand why we call The Farm – A Gathering Place.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Mountain, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

215 Justice Ridge Road, Candler , NC (828) 667-0666

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Melanie M

If I could give the Farm 100 stars, I would. They exceeded our expectations! We initially loved the venue becuse of its organic, laid back feel and the fact that there were cabins on site for family to stay on was a huge bonus. Once we started working with Kirin and Chef Mike,... Read More we were even more happy with our pick. Kirin was fantastic. I cannot say nice enough things about her. She truly cares about our desires, she is a go-getter and very detail oriented. We could not have done it without her. She coordinated with all the vendors, made suggestions about layouts and really made the whole process seamless. She was incredible and really made me feel at ease. Chef Mike was also fantastic. When we went up for a menu tasting, we didn't know the food would be THAT good. It was all delicious and we loved that it was farm to table. Chef Mike prepared the food as if we were getting it the night of the wedding, with condiments, sides and all. The presentation was awesome and the food was to die for. Probably the best flank steak with chimichurri sauce I have ever had. People raved about all of the food. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any bride and groom looking for a rustic elegant feel. Kirin and Chef Mike will definitely take care of all your needs. People came up to us all night telling us how much they loved the environment with the twinkle lights, the smores bar, the romantic fire place and the amazing food. It was very laid back and fun. Thank you so much to the farm for making our wedding dream come true!

Ideal location for a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015

My husband and I were married at The Farm venue near Asheville, NC this June. We enjoyed majestic views and the farm provided a perfect balance between my husband and I’s modern and rustic tastes. The luxurious cabins provided a welcome oasis from the expected chaos of our... Read More wedding weekend. Beyond this, the Farm staff offered incredible service which made the wedding planning experience, as well as the wedding day itself, stress free and more convenient than I had ever dreamed of.

Reviewed on 6/16/2015

The Farm provided the ultimate wedding experience for my fiancé and I! With countless rustic decor availability and a country chic atmosphere, this venue had endless possibilities! Very clean, organized and accessible venue with gorgeous mountainous views, detailed landscaping... Read More and a beautifully renovated modern day barn! The Farm's staff members were more than helpful with anything we needed and definitely put themselves out to make our wedding day exactly what we had in mind! We were very impressed with the staffs hospitality, knowledge and services! This venue has everything you could ever need to celebrate your next occasion!!!! We are very satisfied with our experience, and would not change a thing about our special day! We're very appreciative of everything the Farm done for us!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Ben W

Beautiful place! Treasure trove of decorations, everything you need for a great event. It’s testament to their professionalism that it rained all day and it didn’t detract at all from the fun that everyone had.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Samantha N

I cannot brag enough about my experience with The Farm! I stayed two nights in their rental cabins and had my reception held here. STAFF: During the planning process the staff was kind and quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Bethany H. was my wedding coordinator and she... Read More was absolutely wonderful! She gladly took the weight of tiny confusing details off my shoulders, and the big day took off without a glitch. Everyone at The Farm was more than accommodating. I loved coming in for my 30 day and the taste-testing. RENTAL CABINS: My bridesmaids and I stayed in a cabin the night before and my husband and I stayed in one the night after the wedding. The cabins are adorable, CLEAN, and cozy. I am very particular when it comes to rental places. Cleanliness is huge for me, and both cabins were spotless. It felt like we were the first people to stay in them, not to mention it had all the amenities (ie. wifi, television, kitchenette, double shower, & bathtub, ect.) VENUE: The venue is stunning. It is like a Pinterest dream. Their supply closet is stocked with the cutest decorations, string lights strung outside, lawn games, gazebo, horses, and rolling hills. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, it is a must see. FOOD: The food was incredible. I have a lot of food allergies which can be difficult, but Chef Mike did not disappoint. He was able to work with my budget and my allergies. Asheville is known for its delicious and original food and this experience was no exception. I wish I could do my wedding all over again just to spend more time with my friends at The Farm. 10/10 Would Recommend!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Amy G

This beautiful venue is perfect. The staff exceeded our expectations and were so accommodating and kind! They were so helpful and made our day beautiful and effortless! I can not recommend them enough! The location is beautiful and the decor was perfect! Thankyou!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Kelly W

My husband and I were married at The Farm in December 2016. We booked the venue site unseen other than what we saw on the website and our discussion with Andrea (our wedding coordinator). We picked this venue for a destination wedding since it is a good half way point for both... Read More of our families and it provided onsite housing for most of our guest. We were NOT disappointed. Everyone from our wedding coordinator, the onsite staff and the owners made us feel welcomed and helped make our wedding day one of the most memorable days of our lives. The venue provides a lot of décor, china, tableware, etc which is very helpful for the destination wedding. The location is beautiful and the venue was cozy for our small intimate wedding with family and friends. We would highly recommend this venue and even plan on visiting The Farm again at another time just for a long weekend.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Erin B

The Farm was the absolute perfect venue for us! The Farm property is stunning, and the catering by their chef, Mike, was delicious and perfectly catered to our dietary needs. They worked with us every step of the way to help give us the perfect wedding. We worked with irin... Read More Battaglia, their wedding coordinator, who was excellent. She coordinated everything with our vendors leading up to the wedding. We also rented the cabins on the property for the whole weekend which was convenient, and the cabins are beautiful! I would absolutely recommend this venue, they are fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Kendall B

My husband and I got married at the Farm in May of 2017, and it was the best decision we made (other than when I said yes), in regards to our wedding. The farm offered us the best outdoor wedding venue and the best bang for our buck. We began our search a year prior to our... Read More wedding and narrowed our options down to 4 different outdoor venues in and around Asheville. The Farm was our unanimous #1 choice and we lucked into a late spring date. From that point on, we planned our entire wedding from across the country, which is an attest to how amazing the staff is at The Farm. Our wedding planner was changed about halfway through the year, due to staffing changes, which could have been every bride’s nightmare, but our second planner, Kirin, was even more attentive to our needs. We only visited one more time prior to the actual weekend, but we still felt completely in control and that our wishes were being met and exceeded on all fronts. Each time we had a question, we could call or email Kirin at the Farm and we’d have an answer, and more ideas, within a few hours. One of the best aspects of having a wedding at the Farm is that there is so much included with the wedding- The tables, settings, decorations, chairs, etc- It’s all included and that’s one less thing that you have to think about. We also decided to have their in house chef, Mike, be our caterer. The food was better than incredible. Our guests raved about it. He allowed us to tell him our favorite foods, and ideas that we had about sharing local cuisine (we’re both from NC originally), with our West Coast visitors (we now live in California). The day of our wedding was perfect. Everything we had asked and planned for was exactly how we had pictured it. Each event of the day flowed seamlessly from one to the next, just as the scheduled was planned.. The staff was incredible during our ceremony, during dinner and dancing, and at the end of the night. Kirin even drove down the road at 10:00 PM and bought us 100 bojangles biscuits that we had asked to share with our guests when they boarded the buses home. Talk about a hit! Four months later, people are still talking about those biscuits. We can’t thank the Farm enough for providing us exactly what we needed to plan a perfect wedding, from afar, with everything included, at such a reasonable price. I would recommend the Farm to anyone looking for a medium sized outdoor venue in the Asheville area. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Sandy F

We were completely pleased with our experience at The Farm, from the beginning of our first visit to the end of our reception. Kirin was our coordinator, and throughout the entire process she was responsive, helpful and cheerful. We felt confident that she had everything... Read More organized and under control, and that the wedding day would run smoothly. When the weather threatened to change our outdoor ceremony plans, she was calm, flexible and inventive. She also worked tirelessly on the entire wedding day! The venue itself is beautiful and picturesque and the entire place has a very relaxed feel. Having so many decor items present on-site and included in the rental package made the decorating process easy. Chef Mike and Kristie were also a delight to work with throughout the tasting and menu planning process. All of the food - appetizers, main dishes, and sides - was delicious! We received numerous compliments from our guests. A pre-wedding brunch for the bridesmaids and family was equally delicious. We also stayed in the cabins there at The Farm. Having our family and the wedding party all on-site for the weekend made the day much more relaxing, and we felt as though we had the whole property to ourselves. Every staff member we came in contact with... from planning, to set-up, to kitchen staff, to wait staff, to bartenders... were constantly personable and helpful, and just pleasant to be around. Everything The Farm offered and provided combined to make the whole day a complete success. Everyone enjoyed themselves at the wedding - and that's an accomplishment! We definitely have, and will, recommend The Farm!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Laura J

A dream come true. There is little I could add to all the other glowing reviews without being repetitive. I will echo the amazing job everyone involved did, from the planning to food to the cabins everything was picture perfect. We got so much more than we paid for. Friends and... Read More family continue to gush over the setting + service months later

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Jenny G

The Farm was amazing to work with and such a beautiful spot! I would suggest this venue to anyone looking for a scenic spot near Asheville with rustic charm. Our guests were constantly commenting on how lovely it was.

2017-07-07T11:57:07 Response from the vendor

Jenny - you and your guests were all soooo kind. Thank you for inviting us to be part of your special day. You were a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Erin K

The Farm was an amazing venue to have our wedding. Our guest had nothing but nice things to say about the staff and venue. The staff are accommodating and always eager to add it in any way. There set up with the cabins on site made getting ready for the big day stress free and... Read More enjoyable! The venue is beautiful and just what we were looking for. Thank you for making our day wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Erin F

The Farm is an absolute dream. Our immediate families and bridal parties stayed in The Farm's cottages for three nights (Thursday-Sunday). That was something truly special… to all be staying in beautiful cottages on the wedding venue site with your loved ones is a gift. It made... Read More the weekend feel more like a vacation with all of your loved ones rather than a stressful one-night thing. I can't explain how amazing it was! The ceremony in the gazebo and the reception were just magical. Everything was so breathtakingly beautiful. The Farm provided all of the dishes, linens, and supplies (like mason jars, props, chalkboards, corn hole, etc).. and that made the reception a stress-free and really fun event for everyone. Multiple people told me it was by far the best wedding they have ever been to- and that there was something special about the wedding. I think what was special was The Farm. I wish I could go back in time and be back on the Farm again. The staff is amazing, kind, helpful, and accommodating. It truly felt like home.. and like a dream. So much love and gratitude :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Monica M

My husband and I knew from the second we arrived at The Farm that we wanted to get married there. It doesn't get much better, visually and location wise. Our experience working with Kirin as our event coordinator was extremely smooth and she put up with all of my crazy last... Read More minute changes. Not only were they responsive, they provide lists of vendors to use, who all turned out to be AMAZING. If you do have the pleasure of getting married here, I would recommend renting the cabins on site as well. They are cozy, spacious, accommodating and convenient! Everything about our wedding weekend was perfect and we truly have The Farm to thank for that!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Aviva I

I chose The Farm to get married in for my wedding a few weeks ago and it was absolutely a fabulous experience! I had Kirin as my coordinator and she went above and beyond to get all of the crazy little things I planned to come to life. The planning process was a joy with her... Read More and The Farm gave great recommendations for vendors. We used many of their recommendations and all of them were phenomenal. Kirin brought my outdoor vision to life and took care of every little detail which made for a non-stressful wedding day and a perfect wedding and reception. The Farm is so beautiful and provided such an amazing back drop for my guests and photographers. Having the cabins on site, and allowing me to use the space in different ways made the experience feel more unique and homely then other venues I looked at. The Farm is very organized about the planning process which keeps you on track and Kirin, is extremely helpful and calming during the planning process. I really can not sing her phrases enough. Over all, I was blown away by how smooth everything came together and how magical the night was. I highly recommend using The Farm for your wedding! I wish I could do it all again! Aviva and Graham

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Katy J

We had our wedding at The Farm and couldn't be happier with the venue and staff. In the year of planning, they were extremely responsive, helpful, and kind. Andrea, Kirin, and everyone else we worked with were the definition of professional, friendly, and patient. The venue... Read More itself is so naturally beautiful, but when decorated, our jaw dropped as it completely transformed into the most gorgeous wedding setting. They have pretty much every item you need for decor, which makes planning a lot easier. When I had no idea what I was doing, they were quick to suggest options and give their opinions. On the day of, they made sure everything went smoothly. We also stayed on the property, as did a handful of our wedding guests and highly recommend the cabins for the guests and bride/groom cottage. The cabins are rustic, yet updated and comfortable. I will absolutely be back for a quiet getaway at the Chesnut Cabin! I would highly recommend the Farm as a wedding venue to any bride and groom wanting a beautiful outdoor setting in the Carolina mountains! I wish we could do the day all over again :)

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Bobby T

We had a wonderful wedding weekend and The Farm really helped make that happen. Their staff were helpful, informative, and gave expert advice. Throughout the planning process, they always responded to emails and calls quickly and were accommodating. They made sure someone was... Read More able to help us whenever we needed it and helped us enjoy the wedding stress-free. Our guests all commented on how lovely the venue was. We hardly had to buy any of our own decorations (just some flowers) because The Farm is so well-equipped. Their choices for linens, table cloths, and dishware were just what we wanted for the wedding. The lighting inside is perfect and we did not have to change a thing. I would definitely recommend getting the outdoor lighting package, it really added to the ambiance of the night.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Christina L

I initially picked the Farm as my wedding venue because of its natural beauty. I knew I always wanted to get married in this setting with a rustic/romantic vibe. Little did I know I would also be working with an amazing team. Andrea, my wedding coordinator was truly amazing.... Read More She was so easy to get a hold of and professional through this entire process. She listened to every detail I envisioned for my wedding day and made it come true. The adaptability of the team, and the venue itself saved us from what could have been a disaster when it rained. As it was everything worked out beautifully and it really was a magical day. To all you future brides that are planning, these are things that allowed me to pick the farm as my wedding venue (aside from the beauty itself). 1.) Despite having there own very good caterer you can pick an outside caterer 2.) you can purchase your own alcohol to bring to the farm (which saved us lots of money) 3.) the indoor space is air conditioned and extremely beautiful ( so if it ends up raining, its no big deal) 4.) the onsite rustic cabins were full of charm. They were so convenient to get ready in the day of the wedding and it was also a good place for family to stay on the wedding night. I would highly recommend this venue!!!! Truly the best day of our lives!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Easha T

The Farm was the most delightful event venue to work with for our wedding day. Andrea was a phenomenal day-of coordinator as well as leading up to the big day. She always responded to my countless emails in a prompt manner, fulfilled our special requests to make our ceremony... Read More unique, and ensured the entire day ran smoothly from start to finish. The Farm was very familiar with our other vendors which made the vendor-to-vendor coordination seamless. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day! All the guests raved about the breathtaking landscapes at The Farm and our wedding party absolutely loved staying in the beautifully decorated cabins all weekend for an intimate after-party. The Farm was a big part of making our day so magical.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Sarah L

The staff was always extremely helpful any time I had questions leading up to our wedding. They were also very patient with us as we visited several times to show family the space as well as figure out exactly where everything was going to take place. The day of was perfect! The... Read More venue looked amazing and if something went wrong I had no idea about it. The staff was set everything up just liked we had talked about and it looked even more beautiful than I had pictured in my mind. They got everything setup on time. I would highly recommend The Farm for your wedding venue! It was beyond anything that my husband and I could have imagined and the staff made it run smoothly without a hitch!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Allyne G

I never wanted a wedding but my now husband was adamant on having one. From the very beginning, The Farm understood my feelings and went out of their way to connect with me, make me comfortable, and ensure I was confident in everything. As the day crept closer, I realized just... Read More how much Kirin and Andrea were helping because I didn't have to worry about vendor coordination, details, or logistics. I felt so relieved knowing that it was under control that I was able to focus on everything else. They went above and beyond from the very beginning of planning the the last final detail and I can honestly say that my wedding day was the best day of my life. I fully recommend the lighting package and securing their day of coordination services. Their efforts extend way earlier and beyond the day of and it's evident that they're true professionals. On the day of, Kirin gave us gentle guidance to keep the day flowing and was extremely kind and celebratory with my family and friends. The cabins on property were amazing and luxurious and the property itself is welcoming, warm, and magical. When we booked this venue after one phone call and site unseen we were a bit nervous until we saw the venue and met everyone in person, but we would make the same decision 100x over again.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 k

We could not have picked a better place to have our April wedding! The Farm venue speaks for itself. What you don’t get from looking at the pictures of the venue or seeing the venue in person is how amazing their staff is! Bev, Jean, Kirin, and Andrea all pitched in on an as... Read More needed basis to answer our questions and make our day exactly the way we wanted it. Andrea always answered my emails within hours and was very accommodating and flexible when I asked to change some of our place settings after they had been finalized during the 30 day meeting. When there was a threat of rain on our wedding day, Andrea remained calm, provided me with creative ways to arrange the ceremony inside, and allowed me extra time to “make the call” (ceremony inside vs. outside) on the day of. We gambled with an outdoor ceremony despite the 90% chance of rain and in the end everything worked out more perfectly than we could have ever imagined!

2016-06-01T10:19:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review!!! We greatly appreciate your kind words and we are thrilled to hear how happy you are with the way things went. We want to wish you all the happiness and love as you start this new chapter with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Karen C

The Farm, from the charming cabins and cottages, to the beautiful event barn and the breathtaking property was the perfect venue to make our dream wedding a reality. I felt, as many brides-to-be probably do, completely clueless as to how to go about planning a wedding and... Read More booking vendors. Andrea put me to ease from the moment I met her. She listened to my ideas, and made sure every detail of our wedding was just as we had planned. The day of our wedding was the most relaxed I felt during the entire wedding-planning process because I knew everything was in her very capable hands. I was able to sit back and relax in our beautiful cottage with my bridesmaids, as she coordinated with all of our vendors and set everything up. She was there every step of the way, making sure things ran smoothly and without a hitch. I'm not a very detail-oriented person, but somehow every detail of our wedding felt personal and designed just for us. I attribute that largely to Andrea and the wonderful and gracious staff and owners of the farm. The most important aspect of our wedding was that we got to enjoy every single minute of it without worry or stress. It was the greatest day of our lives, and I am so grateful to everyone at the Farm for making our wedding absolutely perfect!

2016-05-17T11:55:55 Response from the vendor

Karen, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your review! It is always so nice getting to hear how things went in your eyes. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review and we are so thrilled to hear that you and Darin's very... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Michele D

My wedding was absolutely perfect! The staff is there for you to answer any questions you have along the way. I worked with the day of coordinator, Andrea, who was especially helpful. I bombarded her with questions months prior to the wedding as any bride would do and she always... Read More responded in a timely manner. The Farm truly made one of the most important days in my life memorable!

2016-05-04T09:01:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and the venue! It was truly our pleasure to be able to work with you and help create such a memorable night for the two of you. We are extremely happy to know how... Read Less Read More