The Fontainebleau Inn

• Outdoor - Covered

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Tents, Rentals + Equipment

2800 State Route 228, Alpine, NY (607) 594-2008

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Ivy S

John and Terri were absolutely lovely. My husband and I chose the inn because it reminded me so strongly of my grandparent's home from my childhood, because it was on a lake, and because the rooms meant that the whole wedding party could stay together on the grounds. The chapel... Read More (a short, beautiful walk through some woods) is also gorgeous. We met with Terri several times for planning, and she and John were great at staying in contact and answering any questions we had. The getting ready room for the bride is wonderful, and having our bridesmaids and groomsmen stay in the rooms with us was so important and special. They also made a point of checking up on the vendors - since they provide a list of people for you to book from (just suggestions, but all people they've worked with before) I really appreciated that they asked us about their performance to make sure they could be confident suggesting them to future couples. They helped make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Renee B

John and Terri were fantastic partners to work with in planning and executing our wedding. From our first meeting with them, we knew we were in good hands. They were helpful with all our questions while we planned the wedding and created the perfect weekend for us and our... Read More guests. I have received many comments from guests about how beautiful the grounds were and how lovely it was to stay in the same location for the ceremony and wedding. The house is charming and cozy, and John and Terri made us and our guests and families feel at home and comfortable for our special weekend. Could not have asked for a more perfect venue and team! Fair prices, gorgeous landscape and beautiful house, fantastic service and a great team!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Catherine K

This month (July 2017) we had the wedding of our dreams at the gorgeous Fontainbleau Inn. It was the only venue we looked at and it was an instant YES when we experienced the magical walk from the Lawrence Chapel back to the Inn. John and Terri were extremely fast and... Read More effective communicators and know every in and out for the best options at their venue. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Susan R

We couldn’t have been happier with the Fontainebleau Inn. We had our wedding at the Inn on a Sunday in June 2017. Despite the hectic weekend for Terri and John (they had a wedding the day prior), they were calm and had everything ready to go when we arrived early Sunday... Read More afternoon. The Inn was spotless and the grounds were absolutely breathtaking. We needed very few decorations because the Inn and gardens are just so beautiful. All of our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how wonderful of a time they had. I can’t compliment Terri and John enough on how attentive they were throughout the entire process. They reached out to us throughout the year numerous times, to provide guidance and help us along with the planning process. On the day of the event, 30 minutes before the ceremony, they even quickly changed their plans and moved the entire setup of our ceremony from the top of the hill (under the tent) to the bottom of the hill, when miraculously the rain stopped! Wow – we were so impressed with their knowledge (they have weddings down to a science!), taste, and professionalism. We asked them for a few suggestions and they were spot-on with every single one (decorations, timing, flowers) – helping us to achieve the gorgeous (on a budget) wedding that we’ve always dreamed of. In addition, we loved staying at the Inn. The rooms were spotless and the beds were so comfortable. It was so nice to just walk upstairs to our rooms after the wedding! We were so happy that we stayed an additional night with our families as well. It was so wonderful to have an extra day to enjoy the beauty of the Fontainebleau as well as the delicious breakfast that Terri cooks up in the morning!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Bridget O

The Fontainebleau Inn provided my husband and I with a wedding that we couldn't have dreamed of. Our wedding, as every couple always wishes, was truly the best night of our lives. From the day we stepped foot on the property and met John and Terri, we knew that everything... Read More about the venue was a perfect fit. John and Terri were patient, organized, supportive, professional, and informative throughout the entire planning process. They gave us fantastic suggestions for various venders which saved us a great deal of researching (since we are located about 2 hours away). They coordinated with our caterer, photographer, band, baker, and bus service so that everyone was informed on the schedule of the day. Throughout our wedding evening, they were there to make sure that everything was going as smoothly as it possibly could. What's unique about the Inn, is that there are rooms to stay right at the location. The rooms are spacious, with a beautiful view (lake and courtyard) and included everything (possibly more) than what you would get at a hotel (hairspray, combs, body wash, hair shampoo & conditioner, etc.). Terri and John know exactly how to welcome an engaged couple and their families during this exciting time. Upon asking our family members what they enjoyed most about their stay, they overwhelmingly agreed on the home cooked family breakfast in the large dining room. Saturday and Sunday morning, our families were provided the opportunity to enjoy a delicious, filling breakfast while having time to enjoy each other's company. A wedding weekend can be so busy and at times chaotic, so to have that time to all be gathered at the table, was irreplaceable. If you're looking for a wedding venue that treats your family, the engaged couple, and your guests like family, yet maintains the utmost level of professionalism, this is the venue for you and your significant other.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Cassandra B

Yes, yes, YES! Beyond my dreams! The Fontainebleau Inn is not only gorgeous and breathtaking, but it is run by the most organized and detailed couple. The Fontainebleau Inn was our first stop when looking for a place to get married, and after seeing that venue the other 3... Read More didn't stand a chance. Grounds were well maintained, the décor was out of this world and everything was well kept throughout the Inn. So much charm. Going into this I was a little nervous with how stern Terri was, but after my experience with her, she absolutely kept me on the straight and narrow with my choices and ideas to keep my wedding in order and to make it run as smooth as possible, as I tend to be very unorganized and like to come up with crazy ideas. If it wasn't for her and Jon I don't know what I would've done without them. I could call whenever, email whenever, and they always had the time to talk to me or get right back to me. They provided a long list of vendors that they normally deal with and I choose everything except for the officiant off that list. Pricing was perfect, rooms were clean and tidy, and breakfast in the morning was amazing! Not only that, but once the night is over and you and your friends and family stay at the inn, its pretty much like you're the only people there and you have full range of the Inn all to yourselves . I highly recommend this Vendor.... Our wedding was more than we had ever imagined it to be, thanks to Terri and Jon.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Adam W

We had our wedding at Fontainebleau Inn this September. The inn was absolutely beautiful for our outdoor ceremony, tucked into the Fingerlakes countryside overlooking Cayuta Lake. John and Terri do a wonderful job maintaining the vintage charm of inn. Despite the fact that... Read More upstate New York had been facing a terrible drought this year, they managed to keep the house surrounded by flowers, which looked fantastic in our photos. John and Terri are very knowledgeable about all of the vendors in the area and pointed us in the right direction whenever we asked. We loved having the freedom to take over the inn for the weekend, it felt like our own private estate. All in all a wonderful place to get married.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Kate R

The Fontainebleau Inn was the perfect setting for our wedding. The grounds are beautiful, and the Inn has a gorgeous old-fashioned charm. Our guests were so happy to be there, and after our amazing weekend there, we are left with incredible memories and stunning photos of the... Read More Inn and lake. Beyond that, John and Terri Van Soest at the Fontainebleau Inn are a wedding dream come true. We truly cannot say enough about how incredible they are to work with. They are so experienced, kind and truly helped organize our wedding day in a way that made it perfect. They think of everything, and take true pride in their property. They’ve also invested in many wedding extras (chairs, upgraded facilities) that you’d otherwise have to provide at many venues. We loved the ownership they took in our experience. For example, calling our shuttle drivers to specifically explain directions to their home, answering our phone calls or emails whenever we had an idea about an element we wanted to add to our day, or recommending their favorites from vendors to beers! They truly become the backbone of the entire experience. If you are looking for a Finger Lakes wedding, seriously consider talking to John and Terri about the Fontainebleau Inn. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Rachel C

Our wedding was the most perfect day of my life, and I have no doubt that a huge factor in that perfection was the amazing Fontainebleau Inn. The moment we toured the venue we fell in love, and when we came back to stay I was even more blown away as I took the time to truly... Read More absorb the details and surroundings of the Inn. It was amazing having the Inn to ourselves and our wedding party for two nights. We had the rehearsal dinner at the Inn our first night, and we really felt like we were able to make the most of our time there. Swimming in the lake, campfire on the beach, bucolic strolls through gorgeous landscapes, and games in what we nicknamed the “scotch room” (look for the cool leather chairs). It was so exceptionally beautiful and relaxing, and if possible the day of our wedding was even better. Having the ceremony on the grounds by the lake was beautiful, and the dining area is nothing short of exceptional. All of our guests were in awe of the venue. The Inn’s bedrooms are amazing, keeping in line with the historic charm but with all the modern conveniences. It’s obvious the care that John and Terri have for this place (as we could tell the morning after the wedding, seeing staff dusting the decorative plates on the wall and handwiping down the staircases). John and Terri were amazing at helping us plan and execute our wedding without a hitch - and the breakfasts each morning were spectacular. Thank you all so much - it was truly an amazing few days that we will always cherish!

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Alison D

When you have your wedding at Fountainebleau you are not just getting a gorgeous venue, you are getting two owners that care about your day and your needs. For months before my wedding, I was emailing back and forth with the owners regarding questions and concerns. They were... Read More so responsive and helpful. On the day of the wedding, they did everything in their power to make sure things went off without a stitch. I would recommend this as a wedding venue for everyone and anyone. PS: Rain or shine, hot or cold, this venue will make your wedding beautiful. It was literally pouring rain and flash floods on the day of my wedding and if possible, that made my day even MORE beautiful.

gorgeous estate on lakeside

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Bryanna E

I dreamed of being wed by the water in a small ceremony with the reception at the same location. We found the Fontainebleau inn after driving around to almost every small venue option in the finger lakes region. This place had everything we wanted: a private water front with... Read More ceremony set up, beautiful banquet room for reception, intimate setting, unique finger lakes historic estate, and friendly owners.

Fairy Tale Venue

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Jessica R

Fontainebleau Inn is a fairy tale venue! It's a beautiful inn with charming rooms, pretty grounds, and the breathtaking view of Cayuta Lake. Our ceremony took place on the lawn with the lake as our background. They set up the chairs for us, but we were responsible for the... Read More ceremony decorations. All inside decorations were taken care of by the caterer and the innkeeper. Our dinner was in the reception room with dancing and cocktail hour on the large patio. I was concerned about having dancing outside, but it really did work out well. I worked mostly with Terri who was very quick to respond to my emails with any questions or concerns I had. Our guests were impressed with what a lovely setting it was.

The Perfect Location!

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Liv T

I can't say enough about this Inn! We had the entire Inn for two days and it was like a wedding and a relaxing vacation with family rolled into one. I LOVE the venue, the Inn Keepers, and the lake!

Beautiful venue, low stress

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Kaitlin S

Our experience here was totally positive. Terri is accommodating and understanding and has seen it all. She respected our vision of our wedding and went outside of what had been done before at the Inn to help us achieve it. Furthermore, staying at the Inn the night of the... Read More wedding was lovely and breakfast the next morning was a treat. She even made us a special vegan breakfast entree! We had a Sunday wedding, so we didn't get the Inn until about 11 am on the day of. We thought that would make us feel very rushed, but in truth, it was totally fine. (Although, our set up was relatively simple.) Our wedding was 80 people and it was a lovely number in that space; we could have had double that and probably been okay, but only 80 didn't feel sparse either. We felt like we were welcoming guests to our stately weekend home; perhaps the effect of too much Downton Abbey, but nonetheless, it was a joy. Couldn't recommend more highly.

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Natalie Z

June 9th we were married at the Fontainebleau Inn. I have nothing but compliments. We had a guest tell us "if you had all the money in the world, you couldn't have found a better venue." The grounds & inn are extremely well maintained. The staff is fabulous. It was... Read More perfect. They did everything they could to make our day exactly the way we wanted.

Reviewed on 8/24/2011 annee m

Everything about the Fontainebleau is perfect. The breakfast they serve is wonderful and it's a beautiful property. There are two innkeepers. The husband, John, is very nice. The wife, Terri, is not as friendly and can be rude. Overall it was absolutely wonderful.

Beautiful Vintage/Classic Feel

Reviewed on 5/17/2011 Christina H

This bed and breakfast are absolutely stunning and the location is perfect! The aura is formal but still intimate. The property has everything. The house is classic and sits right on a lake. It has a beautiful rooms for the guests or wedding party, a banquet area that seats a... Read More large amount of guests with a full bar, a stone patio for cocktails and dancing, and even an old chapel on the property for the ceremony. Terri and John, the owners, are more than helpful and competent. It was so easy to go over all of the details with them, and I knew that everything would come out perfect. When we got to the reception after the ceremony, everything was laid out perfectly. The staff is amazing! The bartender specifically came up to our table after we sat down to dinner and said that he would get us anything at anytime. The guests loved everything about the reception. I saw pictures from everybody of the view from the patio, and my cousin's kids were running up and down the beautiful lawn that leads down to the lake. You cannot go wrong with this venue!

Beautiful Inn on lake

Reviewed on 10/24/2010 Michelle B

The inn is beautiful you feel like you are all alone with just your guests. The Service is incredible. I want to go back every year for our anniversary.