The Gables at Chadds Ford

Chadds Ford, PA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Gables at Chadds Ford in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, invites couples to share their once-in-a-lifetime wedding event at this elegant venue. When you wish to surround yourself with historic charm and sophistication on your wedding day, The Gables at Chadds Ford is an ideal choice. A rustic barn offers indoor event space, while you can also get a breath of fresh air on the grounds for your ceremony and reception.

The Barn. Imagine the tasteful combination of vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, walls of windows and polished floors inside this elegant space. Abundant natural light gives the Barn an open and sophisticated feel. The Barn accommodates up to 160 guests.

The Party Terrace. Step outside the Barn onto the Party Terrace for even more event options. The terrace is ideal for ceremonies and cocktail receptions. This space can also be tented in inclement weather. A three-tier fountain and lush gardens provide beautiful backdrops for your event. A stone wall serves as a gorgeous altar. The terrace and gardens accommodate up to 160 guests.

The experienced event staff at The Gables at Chadds Ford offers its vast knowledge and experience when it comes to planning flawless wedding events. The combination of elegant surroundings and delectable cuisine ensure that your wedding is magical.

You have access to a dressing room on the day of your event. The staff also provides light refreshments for the bridal party.

The executive chef and his culinary team consult with you to help you choose your reception menu. You have a variety of options for appetizers, soups and salads, sides and chef specialties. Some of the specialties include wood-fire filet mignon, lamb meatballs and jumbo lump crab cake. A full dessert menu offers additional treats for after the main meal.

The venue stocks an extensive beer and wine list for your beverage pleasure. A reserve wine list is also available. Mixologists also make specialty cocktails, such as spicy gin martinis, peach and berry sangria, espresso martinis and raspberry lemon martinis.

Audiovisual equipment is available for your use during your event. The facility provides full Wi-Fi Internet throughout the indoor areas. A projector, screen and microphones are also available.

The staff has compiled a full list of recommended vendors for additional wedding services. The businesses on the list provide services such as flowers, event lighting, invitations, child care, event styling, limousines, makeup, tuxedo rentals, entertainment, photography and more.

With careful attention to every aspect of your wedding, the coordinators orchestrate your entire event from start to finish. Some extra amenities are also available, such as hosting your rehearsal dinner at The Gables at Chadds Ford.

Simple yet Elegant

The Gables at Chadds Ford is nestled in the heart of the historical Brandywine Valley. Our combination of fresh seasonal cuisine, rustic yet elegant charm and enchanting outdoor dining will keep you coming back time & time again. Enjoy a cocktail in our lounge while listening to great musicians or live piano every Friday and Saturday evening. The Gables is also the perfect venue to host your next special event. The Gables can accommodate any special event, whether you are planning a wedding, rehearsal dinner, baby shower or corporate event, our experienced staff will handle the details.

Barn, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

423 Baltimore Pike, Chadds Ford, PA (610) 388-7700

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Noelle B

My husband and I were married at the Gables at the end of July. We elected to get married outside without a tent, despite the scorching heat. Everything turned out absolutely beautiful, and was seamless from start to finish. Kelly was awesome throughout the entire planning... Read More stage, and really worked with us to ensure that we had the things we desired, while staying within budget. The night before the wedding we were able to drop everything off at the Gables - something that didn't happen until 11pm and yet the whole team was accommodating and did not mind that we were there so late. Tommy, Alex, and Sam were instrumental in making sure that everything was executed flawlessly on the day of the wedding. They had everything set up as I envisioned, and required very little guidance in the matter. My mom stopped by the morning of, and everything was basically done with nothing left to do. We elected to go with mini cheesecake desserts, rather than a traditional cake, and they set up a dessert table more beautifully than I ever would have imagined. The appetizers and entrees were fantastic, and our guests are still raving about the food to this day. The price for everything, particularly food, is much lower than most in the Philadelphia area, and yet you don't compromise one bit. They even have a closet full of things available to decorate with, such as mason jars and various signs, which helped us cut costs without ending up with a bunch of decorations that we would not need after the wedding. We loved the Gables and recommend it to anyone!

Flawless.

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Becky P

It's hard to put into words just how utterly fantastic everything about having my wedding with The Gables was. From the initial planning stages a year and a half ago, to the last song of the night on October 4, 2014, every single detail went off without a hitch. And we owe Ann,... Read More Rick, Eric, and Marianne a lifetime's worth of gratitude for making our wedding vision come true. Just a stone's throw from Longwood Gardens in Chadds Ford, PA, The Gables was the perfect setting for my rustic-themed wedding. Because the reception area is located in a converted barn, there was really no decorating necessary; however I couldn't help myself and collected/made a lot of decorations to add a personal touch (all of which were set up and taken down by Eric and his fantastic crew). The area boasts beautiful hardwoods, sky-high ceiling beams wrapped with lights, incredible chandeliers, and punched-tin tiles in the bathrooms. There are also floor-to-ceiling windows that make the entire place feel magical. Our ceremony, which lasted all of 10 minutes or so, was hosted in the back garden in front of a beautiful arch that's draped with sweet potato vines and surrounded by amazing landscaping. Two fountains added just the right amount of romance. The "aisle" was a brick walkway leading up to the fountains and archway. Pictures online really don't do its beauty justice, especially in the afternoon setting sun. My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in the bridal suite, which was complimentary. Eric, the most amazing man in the world, was there from the time we arrived (at 8:30 AM) until we left a bit after 9 PM. He brought us fruit, cheese, and coffee in the morning, and delivered a bottle of champagne right at lunch. If we needed anything - and I mean ANYthing - he was on it immediately, no questions asked, and always with a smile on his face. I'm a control freak and was having a hard time putting my "vision" into someone else's hands, but Eric made me feel at ease about everything. He was professional, kind, and I know our wedding day was made even more perfect because he was a part of it. I cannot speak highly enough of Eric - even our guests loved him to pieces. Rick, the general manager, was another part of the trio that ensured our wedding day was perfect. He coordinated everything I needed - from the menu to the tables to the schedule for the day - with professionalism and humor. He stepped in when our original coordinator, Marianne, stepped down from her position, and it was as if hands never changed. In other words, an absolutely flawless transition. Ann is the owner of The Gables and just about the sweetest woman you'll ever meet. She was there with us at our rehearsal the Wednesday before the wedding, armed with a folder of paperwork that included every single detail we'd discussed over the past year and a half of planning. Nothing was overlooked. She helped tremendously with the timing of the wedding procession, made suggestions about when the flower girl/ring bearer/bridesmaids/my dad and I should walk out, and was just an absolute delight to be around. I will recommend The Gables to anyone looking for an affordable, absolutely breathtaking venue to hold ANY event. The staff was tremendous, the food was amazing, and every single part of our day was simply perfection. My husband (!!) and I are looking forward to going back often to relive the day and talk to Ann and her staff (our new friends).

Perfect Country Setting!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Christen H

I got married at the Gables on Memorial Day Weekend (May 25th). We had the ceremony outside by the waterfall. They also had the bridal suite done in enough time for me and my bridal party to use it. Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful our wedding was. My photographer... Read More was there for 11 hours and felt he still didnt have enough time to capture the beauty of this place. The best part is, my husband and I now get to go to the gables every year for our anniversary and relive every moment! Looking back this was the perfect place! We made our own centerpieces of wheat grass and origami flowers, the place spoke for itself and we really didnt need huge centerpieces. If you are looking for a country or rustic theme place to have your wedding, this is the place!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Alyssa R

My husband and I were married in early June 2016. It was supposed to rain on our big day so we had our ceremony in the covered courtyard and had our cocktail hour and reception in the barn. I loved the rustic feel of the Gables, I thought everything about it was just gorgeous!... Read More We had an early ceremony, 10am, so getting everyone ready in time was hectic. The two young girls who were helping us were fantastic. They kept us all on time, and running smoothly! I believe the only hiccup we had was a few days prior, I had arranged to meet the main event coordinator to go over entrances, sign/decoration placement, ect and she mistook this meeting as us just dropping everything off. Her assistance who helped us the day of were there that day and helped us settle everything. The food was wonderful, and were just the right portion sizes for lunch. The Gables overall was very affordable. I was seven months pregnant at the time of our wedding and we were on a tight budget. For 65 guests i believe we spent around $12,000.

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 David S

My wife and I were looking for a unique place to host our wedding ceremony and party and we found the perfect spot at The Gables. We were married there on January 1st, 2016. Kelly (the event planner) and Ann (the owner) were amazing to work with. We were fortunate enough to... Read More have the entire venue to ourselves. We had our wedding ceremony in the meticulously decorated ballroom upstairs. Our cocktail party was downstairs at the bar and in the restaurant. We then went back upstairs for our dinner and dancing. Our food was incredible. I will never forget the bacon wrapped shrimp!! We opted to have steak and crab cakes and everyone loved them. Our cake was DELICIOUS!! Weddings can be very stressful...Ann and Kelly made sure every detail was covered. My wife and I were 100% free to enjoy the day. We are going back tonight to celebrate our anniversary and we couldn't be more excited to see the staff. To anyone considering this venue for an important event, rest assured this team will make sure you get the event of your dreams.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Monika G

We just had our wedding at the Gables about a week ago and I can't say enough good things about them. The food was delicious, the banquet room looked beautiful, and all of our guests loved it there. Kelly, Samantha and Alex were the best, we didn't have to worry about a thing... Read More everything was taken care of for us that day. I had bought a bunch of decorations that went along with the rustic feel of that room, but quite frankly I didn't even need them. They had so many of their own lanterns and candles (that actually matched the ones I bought exactly). I would highly recommend having a wedding there-nowadays every wedding/banquet facility feels the same, almost boring. The Gables banquet room truly has an elegant, unique feel to it than all the other places we looked at. Us and our guests loved it!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Victoria M

GORGEOUS venue for ceremony and reception!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Sara H

My husband and I recently got married at Gables on October 7th 2016. Our wedding was about 90 people total, and we chose Gables because the space worked well for our size and had the rustic-chic atmosphere we were looking for. Gables also charges a la carte - so we got charged... Read More for nothing we didn't want which we liked a lot. First I have to say the service from everyone that I worked with up-to and day-of was outstanding. Kelly and Sam were awesome, and Ann and Alex were so helpful during the day! Everyone there truly loves what they do and it shows. I thought it was so helpful that they 'spruced' up my decorations by filling in matching ones. They filled in any gaps my wood rounds left with their own, set up extra candles, extra votives, basically anything extra that the design needed. Overall the food was quite good. The s'mores station was a huge hit with my guests. I will say the filets were almost all overcooked, but that does tend to happen at weddings when food is cooked en masse. I had so many people tell me how beautiful the venue was. The lights hanging inside the reception hall really gave it the glow we were looking for. The team was really flexible with what our vision was for the day. Our dog was our ring bearer and a lot of places didn't allow pets, but Kelly and the team didn't bat an eye when we told them that was a must-have for our day. We also ordered the Level 2 open bar package - we have a, shall we say, enthusiastic group when it comes to drinking? Yet a number of people commented to me that the bartenders did a great job of not being light on the mixed drinks. I will also mention that we had our rehearsal dinner here too on the upper patio. What a beautiful place to enjoy family and friends with the stone walls and foliage all around you. Food was excellent for the rehearsal dinner, and the staff was tolerant of some of our more well-lubricated guests :-) Overall this was an awesome place to have our wedding. We keep saying that we wish we could go back and do it all over again, we had so much fun. Thanks to the Gables for a great, once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Andrea C

Amazing from beginning to end. Ann, Kelly, Samantha, Alex and Chef Dave delivered a beautiful reception with outstanding food. Our guests couldn't believe how delicious the food was, how great and friendly the service was and how beautiful the The Gables is, especially the... Read More reception. We loved the food so much that we already went back to have dinner, 3 weeks after getting married. It felt magical and I'm so glad my husband and I decided to get married there. We will be eating there frequently from now on!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kyle M

We can't describe how amazing out wedding was. The Gables is the perfect place for a wedding. We hardly had to bring any decorations because the building and the outdoor area is already beautiful! The workers there are awesome! Very courteous and flexible! We had our ceremony... Read More out back along with cocktail hour, the reception was above the restaurant. We also held our rehearsal in the outdoor patio. The chef is amazing! The food was awesome for both events. Working with the Gables was great! We would highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Karen

My daughter got married, last weekend, August 7, 2016, at the Gables. The wedding was absolutely perfect! The event planner, Kelly, was extremely helpful, from the first time we met her, in November, until the big day. My daughter, her fiance, and I were going to look at two... Read More other venues after seeing the Gables, but once we saw the gorgeous outdoor wedding area, reception area, and great bridal suite, our minds were made up. We didn't need to see any other place! Kelly and her assistant, Sam, answered all of my daughters questions, and made sure that everything went smoothly and perfectly. The outdoor ceremony area was gorgeous, with flowers everywhere, surrounding the stone wall, with the waterfall. The staff were very attentive, and made us feel really comfortable. Tommy kept us fed and happy as we spent the day getting ready in the lovely on site bridal suite. The cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres, was lovely, out on the patio and deck. The reception area, inside, had rustic charm, beautiful wood floors, and wooden gables in the ceiling. It felt open and airy. No decorations were needed other than some flowers on the tables. Little white lights were provided by the venue. The cake table had pretty candles to set it off. The food was delicious. One of our guests said it was the best wedding food he had ever eaten!!! All of our friends and family couldn't get over how absolutely lovely everything was. They said that they had all driven by The Gables, but never realized what an absolutely gorgeous wedding venue it was! I highly recommend The Gables, in Chadds Ford, if you are looking for a lovely outdoor/indoor wedding venue, which is rustic, yet charming, and doesn't need a lot of decorating. My daughter made some cute chalkboard signs she placed around the venue. If you or your daughter/son are planning a wedding for the spring, summer, or fall, check out the Gables, you will be very happy you did!!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Kelsie H

We had started working with Rick at the Gables and then Kelly took over, but it was a seamless transition. She was so patient with multiple emails loaded with questions, wanting to make sure everything was prefect for our big day. Cocktail hour had to be moved inside due to... Read More weather, but everything still went very smoothly. The staff was so friendly and did a great job setting up all of the decorations that I had taken them. It was the perfectly elegant venue for us, super intimate and allowed us to dress it us for the formal garden party feel that we wanted. We can't wait to go back for our first anniversary, if we even wait that long!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Melissa G

My husband I were married at The Gables on the most beautiful day in June, June 17, 2016. The sun was shining, the atmosphere was beautiful, the food was great, but there are a few things about the Gables that I caution any bride & groom about when looking into this place. We... Read More originally met with Richard in July o 2015 when we were interested in booking at the Gables and he sold us on the place, he promised us the world and the wedding that we wanted. We reviewed the contract with him, he called a few weeks later to set up the date and said that we would be in touch. The was the last we heard from Richard as he no longer works there and is working with his wife who supplies the cakes for the Gables(which were absolutely amazing). The communication at the Gables is absolutely horrendous and inexcusable. We were left waiting for weeks at a time on responses for details about our wedding, some of them simple, some of them not so much. We also had our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding at the Gables, which was also fabulous, but because it had rained earlier that day, there was a big tent up over the ceremony area. When I spoke to Kelly earlier in the week I said I would only want a tent if it was going to rain that day...which means please no tent if it is sunny. The night of the rehearsal dinner Kelly promised everyone that it would be down for the next day and it was overheard by several member of the bridal party. The day of the wedding we arrived to the site and the tent was still up. I asked Kelly about taking it down and she said no, that it was staying up because that is what I wanted and there was no way of it coming down. She went as far as telling my photographer that the pictures would look better with the tent, as well as several other excuses like the wedding the next day needing the tent. I'm sorry this is my wedding, not somebody else. If I want the tent down, it's coming down. My MOH was finally able to get the tent down after giving Kelly her credit card information and $424 dollars later it came down within 5 minutes. The front right of left area of the garden was flooded during the ceremony so nobody could stand on that side. My son's suit was left at the Gables and after calling on Saturday morning we didn't receive a call back until Thursday, oh and the best part, the top tier of my three tier cake was put into a Scotch-Brite cardboard box leaning on its side. My DJ ran the whole entire show for the night from start to end because Kelly lacked the ability to lead and play bridal coordinator. We were also supposed to be refunded $700 for not using the tent, but that didn't happen either. No couple should have to deal with this kind of nonsense and unprofessional-ism. When contacting someone at the Gables, nobody responds until weeks later and when you respond back to them right away, it takes several more weeks. That is not how a business is run. We will not be returning to the Gables and I caution any bride or groom looking into getting married there against it and to search elsewhere with a more competent staff.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Leah T

Kelly and the entire gables team made our day so special. They were so easy to work with throughout the whole process and even the day of they were so flexible when the weather didn't cooperate and they made our wedding so incredible. The food was delicious, they set up all the... Read More decor better than i ever could have thought, and the whole flow of the day worked so well. Also the grounds are incredible for photos! We had planned to go to Longwood gardens, but changed our mind because of the weather. Honestly the photos from Gables were so much more beautiful than i could have imagined. Gables was the perfect place, great to work with, and a great value! Would highly recommend to any bride interested in a simple yet elegant wedding :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Cristine P

Kelly, Tommy, and Sam were extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process and solely devoted to me and my bridal party's needs on my wedding day. We had to rearrange last minute because of weather, but they still made everything appear effortless and beautiful. Both... Read More the indoor and outdoor spaces looked exactly how I wanted.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Caroline B

We loved the Gables! Our guests raved over the food (which was unique and beautifully executed), the friendliness of the staff, and the venue. We got married in June so the outdoor ceremony space was in full bloom. One of my hesitations in booking this venue was that it is so... Read More close to the road and would not feel private, but everything was intimate and lovely and road noise was not an issue at all. The team was easy to work with and did an excellent job of ensuring that the day ran smoothly. I feel like this venue is an excellent value!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Lauren L

Simply Perfect!!! my husband and I had the most perfect day. Everything was flawless and as smooth as can be from the time we arrived, up unitl the very end. Ann went above and beyond for us. We could not have done it without her and for that we owe her a HUGE Thank You. Looking... Read More forward to seeing her soon. Highly recommend The Gables for you special day!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Caroline K

My husband and I are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Tommy, Kelly and Ann of The Gables to plan the wedding of our dreams!! The team was extremely professional and attentive and went well beyond the call of duty to make sure every detail was taken care of.... Read More The beautiful barn and grounds offer the unique farmhouse chic look that we wanted for our wedding and photographs amazingly! Months later our guests are still raving over the amazing food and service! I can’t say enough great things about this venue and how happy we are that we choose The Gables to host our special day!

Wedding of my dreams

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Anne P

Tommy, kelly, and the owners were fabulous! They helped settle my nerves prior to the wedding and were very easy to communicate with. They were flexible with my decorating details (including willing to turn on 110 lantern lights) and the ideas came out better than I planned... Read More because of their skill. It was the first time my photographer attended the gables and she told us it was one of her favorites of all time. Tommy shared wonderful picture ideas and worked with our vendors to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Our guests loved our reception. Many spent time on the dance floor or outside by the fire pit. I also recommend having a smores bar for kids and adults. The food of course is memorable and our guests loved the dinner choices available to them. Have the wedding of your dreams at the gables.

Great food, service, staff and beautiful location!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Kimberly U

We could not have been happier with the reception at The Gables. With a thunderstorm and tornado warning, they were VERY accommodating. Erica (head banquet contact for the reception) asked me a few questions about my preferences for service, and I let her know that she can... Read More make the call and I am so glad I did! Everything was beautiful and everyone had a GREAT time! Rick and Kelly were so helpful throughout the planning process. Both were helpful and kind throughout everything. Tom was amazing the day of when my girls and I were in the bridal suite getting ready as well as throughout the reception. He was looking out for us, making sure we could get pictures in their patio bar (due to thunderstorms we could not go outside) All staff (management, wait staff and bartenders) were willing to do whatever they could to make our guests happy. I can't thank The Gables enough for a wonderful reception.

Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Kate L

I had both my ceremony and reception at the Gables in Chadds Ford and it was perfect. We had a small wedding so it was really great to have a beautiful setting like this. We were married outside in a beautiful courtyard (and totally saved on flowers because they have a... Read More gorgeous garden and fountain there already!) The cocktail hour was on their patio and then we moved into the big banquet room for the reception. It was like getting 3 locations in one. They also are a restaurant so they took care of all the food and they work with an amazing baker so I got so many different things taken care of all at once. The Gables has a bridal suite on property so my bridesmaids and I got there early to get ready. They honestly had everything I needed and it was an amazing price and saved me a lot of hassle because they took care of so much. We also got a gift card for a free anniversary dinner at their restaurant for a year after the wedding which was nice.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Michelle M

I can't even express how amazing our wedding was at the The Gables. When we initially booked last year, Marianne was the coordinator in charge. I really liked her and was a little leery when I found out she was no longer working there. BUT, Kelly stepped in and didn't miss a... Read More beat! She was AMAZING to work with! Now, I honestly couldn't imagine working with someone other than her. She was so accommodating, always got back to my incessant crazy bride emails quickly, and did everything she could to make our day perfect. The pictures on the Knot do not even do justice to how beautiful the venue is. They recently did some renovations - as much as I loved the venue last June when we booked it, it was even more perfect by the day of the wedding! The food was delicious - every single bite! They worked with us to create signature bride & groom drinks which turned out perfect. They made all my decor pieces work exactly as I imagined them. We did our cocktail hour outside in the garden (luckily, we had amazing weather!), and everyone loved it. We were able to have an acoustic guitar player outside and it just fit perfectly. I also appreciated being able to escape to the bridal suite right off the garden when I needed a quick breather/to freshen up, etc. They set aside some hors d'oeurves for my husband & I in the suite along with some champagne and sparkling water. Much appreciated! On the day of the wedding, Kelly & Thomas were so helpful. We had an issue with a shuttle not showing up to bring guests from the hotel to the venue. Thomas handled all the calls, etc with that. I panicked for a second, then he took over so I could relax! Even more, when the shuttle still didn't show, Thomas got in his own car to go pick up some of the guests!! That is truly going above & beyond. If your looking for an intimate (we had 110 people), setting that doesn't have your typical ballroom feel (with amazing food and wonderful employees!), check out the Gables for sure!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Alyssa Z

Every experience my husband and I had with the owner & staff at The Gables was excellent. From multiple planning meetings, to the menu tasting, to the day of our wedding; we always were made to feel special and taken care of. The Gables is a beautiful and unique venue with... Read More both an indoor and outdoor space that our family and friends loved. The staff on the day of our wedding (Kelly, Tommy, and Erica) did a fantastic job setting up, serving food & drinks, and making sure that everyone was having a great time. The head chef, Dave, takes pride in all the food he serves and that was evident in all the food served at our wedding. Everything served during cocktail hour, salads, and through dinner was delicious! Our wedding day was unforgettable and we would highly recommend The Gables at Chadds Ford!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015

If you are looking for a beautiful wedding spot that you can have the ceremony and reception in one place, stop right now. The Gables is the only place you need to look at. We had our wedding at the Gables back in October 2014. My wife and I were looking for a place that was... Read More small, quiet, well priced, and had a rustic feel. We found it all at the Gables. The best part that we did not think about was the amazing owners and staff. Ann and her staff were and still are some of the most amazing people we have ever met. The number one reason we booked our wedding at The Gables was because of Ann (and her hugs). She made us feel like family by the way she was detailed, patient, supportive, and accommodating. Anything we asked for, she was willing to make happen. Every detail was covered multiple times, there were no surprises with prices, food, design, etc. The only surprises were the ones where we told The Gables to make it their choice, and their choices did not disappoint. From the beginning to the end, I never was worried about our plans. The only time I worried was when I said to my fiance, "Is planning a wedding always this easy?" We planned a visit to The Gables, went home to talk it over, and then immediately found the date that worked. A quarter of the way through the planning, the wedding director at The Gables left to work at their other restaurant down south. The planning staff never missed a beat. I did not even realize the other planner had left because everything picked up right where we left off. We did not want the beautiful upstairs area or outside because we did not have many people, so Ann was willing to let us use the beautiful stone patio for our wedding and ceremony. We had a mid afternoon wedding and the timing was perfect. There was no rush to get things started or end at a certain time. Everyone was so accommodating. The Gables even held off their construction project to move their stairs because of our wedding in the patio area. The patio looked amazing! We were able to do our own flowers as well. My wife loved the bridal suite and Ann was even there to help my wife when she had a small emergency. The staff set everything up so nicely in the suite and in the patio area. The pictures turned out great outside and inside. Ann was even in a handful of our pictures because she became part of the family through the whole process. During the reception all staff members where there to continue to make sure everything was perfect. I really cannot say enough amazing things about the staff at The Gables. So many people in our family said how wonderful the staff was, how beautiful the set up was, and how everyone they talked to said how they really enjoyed themselves. These were not statements of people being nice, but statements of true sincerity about how wonderful The Gables took care of us and all our guests. We have been back to The Gables 5 times since our wedding for lunch, brunch, or dinner and we live an hour away. The experience never changes, it is still amazing and we still get great hugs from Ann. We felt welcomed, it was relaxed, and everything was taken care of. I highly recommend you waste no more time and book a visit to The Gables.

Unsatisfied Guest

Reviewed on 1/27/2015

The wedding I attended was in the beginning of August....a very hot day of 97 degrees. The upstairs room was extremely warm. I would say at least 80+. Room holds up to 150?? Sure. If there is no dance floor. They had 123 people and we were on top of each other, having to... Read More carefully navigate our way out to the bar or bathroom but not without asking people to get up from their seats to make way for you. The parents table was served first. Our table received their dinners 50 minutes later. The only good thing I have to say is that the outside is beautiful but not on a day like we had.

Ann Kolenick

Ann is from Wallingford, PA. She attended the University of South Carolina, where she earned a BS degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management and met her husband Dan, The Gables’ co-owner. After working in a management position for a few months, Ann decided to focus her efforts on cooking. She enrolled in the prestigious Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College in Philadelphia, graduating Summa cum laude with a degree in Pastry Arts. Her Bourbon Street Chocolate Banana Cake has won multiple awards from various chocolate festivals and is one of the featured desserts on the Gables menu!