Book Your Wedding with The Gables at Chadds Ford

A BARN IN CHADDS FORD, PA

The Gables at Chadds Ford in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, invites couples to share their once-in-a-lifetime wedding event at this elegant venue. When you wish to surround yourself with historic charm and sophistication on your wedding day, The Gables at Chadds Ford is an ideal choice. A rustic barn offers indoor event space, while you can also get a breath of fresh air on the grounds for your ceremony and reception.

The Barn. Imagine the tasteful combination of vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, walls of windows and polished floors inside this elegant space. Abundant natural light gives the Barn an open and sophisticated feel. The Barn accommodates up to 140 guests.

The Party Terrace. Step outside the Barn onto the Party Terrace for even more event options. The terrace is ideal for ceremonies and cocktail receptions. This space can also be tented in inclement weather. A three-tier fountain and lush gardens provide beautiful backdrops for your event. A stone wall serves as a gorgeous altar. The terrace and gardens accommodate up to 160 guests.

The experienced event staff at The Gables at Chadds Ford offers its vast knowledge and experience when it comes to planning flawless wedding events. The combination of elegant surroundings and delectable cuisine ensure that your wedding is magical.

You have access to a dressing room on the day of your event. The staff also provides light refreshments for the bridal party.

The executive chef and his culinary team consult with you to help you choose your reception menu. You have a variety of options for appetizers, soups and salads, sides and chef specialties. Some of the specialties include wood-fire filet mignon, lamb meatballs and jumbo lump crab cake. A full dessert menu offers additional treats for after the main meal.

The venue stocks an extensive beer and wine list for your beverage pleasure. A reserve wine list is also available. Mixologists also make specialty cocktails, such as spicy gin martinis, peach and berry sangria, espresso martinis and raspberry lemon martinis.

Audiovisual equipment is available for your use during your event. The facility provides full Wi-Fi Internet throughout the indoor areas. A projector, screen and microphones are also available.

The staff has compiled a full list of recommended vendors for additional wedding services. The businesses on the list provide services such as flowers, event lighting, invitations, child care, event styling, limousines, makeup, tuxedo rentals, entertainment, photography and more.

With careful attention to every aspect of your wedding, the coordinators orchestrate your entire event from start to finish. Some extra amenities are also available, such as hosting your rehearsal dinner at The Gables at Chadds Ford.

Simple yet Elegant

The Gables at Chadds Ford is nestled in the heart of the historical Brandywine Valley. Our combination of fresh seasonal cuisine, rustic yet elegant charm and enchanting outdoor dining will keep you coming back time & time again. Enjoy a cocktail in our lounge while listening to great musicians or live piano every Friday and Saturday evening. The Gables is also the perfect venue to host your next special event. The Gables can accommodate any special event, whether you are planning a wedding, rehearsal dinner, baby shower or corporate event, our experienced staff will handle the details.

Barn, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

423 Baltimore Pike, Chadds Ford, PA (610) 388-7700

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Noelle B

My husband and I were married at the Gables at the end of July. We elected to get married outside without a tent, despite the scorching heat. Everything turned out absolutely beautiful, and was seamless from start to finish. Kelly was awesome throughout the entire planning... Read More stage, and really worked with us to ensure that we had the things we desired, while staying within budget. The night before the wedding we were able to drop everything off at the Gables - something that didn't happen until 11pm and yet the whole team was accommodating and did not mind that we were there so late. Tommy, Alex, and Sam were instrumental in making sure that everything was executed flawlessly on the day of the wedding. They had everything set up as I envisioned, and required very little guidance in the matter. My mom stopped by the morning of, and everything was basically done with nothing left to do. We elected to go with mini cheesecake desserts, rather than a traditional cake, and they set up a dessert table more beautifully than I ever would have imagined. The appetizers and entrees were fantastic, and our guests are still raving about the food to this day. The price for everything, particularly food, is much lower than most in the Philadelphia area, and yet you don't compromise one bit. They even have a closet full of things available to decorate with, such as mason jars and various signs, which helped us cut costs without ending up with a bunch of decorations that we would not need after the wedding. We loved the Gables and recommend it to anyone!

Flawless.

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Becky P

It's hard to put into words just how utterly fantastic everything about having my wedding with The Gables was. From the initial planning stages a year and a half ago, to the last song of the night on October 4, 2014, every single detail went off without a hitch. And we owe Ann,... Read More Rick, Eric, and Marianne a lifetime's worth of gratitude for making our wedding vision come true. Just a stone's throw from Longwood Gardens in Chadds Ford, PA, The Gables was the perfect setting for my rustic-themed wedding. Because the reception area is located in a converted barn, there was really no decorating necessary; however I couldn't help myself and collected/made a lot of decorations to add a personal touch (all of which were set up and taken down by Eric and his fantastic crew). The area boasts beautiful hardwoods, sky-high ceiling beams wrapped with lights, incredible chandeliers, and punched-tin tiles in the bathrooms. There are also floor-to-ceiling windows that make the entire place feel magical. Our ceremony, which lasted all of 10 minutes or so, was hosted in the back garden in front of a beautiful arch that's draped with sweet potato vines and surrounded by amazing landscaping. Two fountains added just the right amount of romance. The "aisle" was a brick walkway leading up to the fountains and archway. Pictures online really don't do its beauty justice, especially in the afternoon setting sun. My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in the bridal suite, which was complimentary. Eric, the most amazing man in the world, was there from the time we arrived (at 8:30 AM) until we left a bit after 9 PM. He brought us fruit, cheese, and coffee in the morning, and delivered a bottle of champagne right at lunch. If we needed anything - and I mean ANYthing - he was on it immediately, no questions asked, and always with a smile on his face. I'm a control freak and was having a hard time putting my "vision" into someone else's hands, but Eric made me feel at ease about everything. He was professional, kind, and I know our wedding day was made even more perfect because he was a part of it. I cannot speak highly enough of Eric - even our guests loved him to pieces. Rick, the general manager, was another part of the trio that ensured our wedding day was perfect. He coordinated everything I needed - from the menu to the tables to the schedule for the day - with professionalism and humor. He stepped in when our original coordinator, Marianne, stepped down from her position, and it was as if hands never changed. In other words, an absolutely flawless transition. Ann is the owner of The Gables and just about the sweetest woman you'll ever meet. She was there with us at our rehearsal the Wednesday before the wedding, armed with a folder of paperwork that included every single detail we'd discussed over the past year and a half of planning. Nothing was overlooked. She helped tremendously with the timing of the wedding procession, made suggestions about when the flower girl/ring bearer/bridesmaids/my dad and I should walk out, and was just an absolute delight to be around. I will recommend The Gables to anyone looking for an affordable, absolutely breathtaking venue to hold ANY event. The staff was tremendous, the food was amazing, and every single part of our day was simply perfection. My husband (!!) and I are looking forward to going back often to relive the day and talk to Ann and her staff (our new friends).

Perfect Country Setting!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Christen H

I got married at the Gables on Memorial Day Weekend (May 25th). We had the ceremony outside by the waterfall. They also had the bridal suite done in enough time for me and my bridal party to use it. Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful our wedding was. My photographer... Read More was there for 11 hours and felt he still didnt have enough time to capture the beauty of this place. The best part is, my husband and I now get to go to the gables every year for our anniversary and relive every moment! Looking back this was the perfect place! We made our own centerpieces of wheat grass and origami flowers, the place spoke for itself and we really didnt need huge centerpieces. If you are looking for a country or rustic theme place to have your wedding, this is the place!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Mary M

The Gables executed our vision to perfection. I had my doubts that steak for 100 people would be cooked and satisfy the guest and I was pleasantly surprised five stars to this venue and all its workers our coordinator Sarah was the best very patient very informative worked with... Read More us on everything and The Decorator Allison as I stated executed our vision perfectly. Very reasonably priced I would recommend this venue to anyone okay

2017-10-16T12:48:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad we were able to make your wedding such a memorable day for you. We can't wait to see you next year for your first anniversary!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Lauren F

We had our wedding here in June and it was just beautiful!! Everyone was praising the venue, especially the reception space. And our guests raved about the food as well. The food was just as amazing for our rehearsal dinner which we also had here, with food selections different... Read More from what we had at the wedding. Every single item on the menu was delicious! The wedding coordinators were great to work with, and the prices are quite reasonable for such a unique space. It does not feel like your standard banquet hall--it has its own historic, timeless charm that left an impression on everyone who was a part of the day. We are so happy we chose The Gables for our wedding!

2017-09-27T16:16:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad were able to make you and all your guests so happy! We can't wait to see you in June for your anniversary dinner!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Bri B

Classy yet casual - the details are so meaningful and gorgeous. Such a perfect and comfortable location as well. Really felt welcome and at home there. Food is incredible.

2017-09-27T09:46:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad we were able to make you feel so welcome and that you enjoyed everything so much!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Kristin B

From the start of our venue selection process through the last drink served during our reception, The Gables went above and beyond to make this the perfect day for us. Kelly and Samantha are FANTASTIC to work with. They are responsive, flexible and accommodating. They paid... Read More attention to all the details that were important to us and set up the space exactly how we had it pictured in our heads. Every guest of our wedding has said the location was beautiful, food was fantastic and the service was excellent. We couldn't be happier with our selection of The Gables for our wedding reception.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Amanda O

My husband and I got married on 7/21/17 at The Gables. Our day was beyond perfect! Sam, Kelly, Chef Dave, and the rest of The Gables staff worked hard from day one! They were very accommodating to all our wishes, from setting up long tables, to having a sparkler send off, and... Read More everything in between. Our ceremony and cocktail hour were in the courtyard, which has breathtaking landscaping and a beautiful terrace Inside, our reception had a very rustic look and was decorated beautifully. There is also an adorable cottage where the bridal party got ready, which made it very convenient to do everything all in one place. The food was delicious, from the appetizers to the main course. Guests were also a given a fairly big portion! Many guests raved about how good the food was. In addition, Kelly and Sam made sure everything ran smoothly and happened in a timely manner. They were very helpful with creating a timeline. We are still getting compliments saying what a wonderful wedding it was. Beautiful place, fantastic food, amazing staff! Would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Erin M

Our 7/14/17 wedding at the Gables was perfect! Samantha and Kelly made everything so easy, and Allison made sure everything was decorated beautifully. Every request we made was accommodated. Even though it was down-pouring on the day of our wedding and we had to use a tent for... Read More the ceremony, the event went off without a hitch and was our dream wedding! Great food, great location, great service, great people.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Katlyn Z

The staff at The Gables went above and beyond. They took care of everything! The room looked amazing, the bridal party was served drinks by none other than the owner, herself (you rock Ann). The food came out hot, and absolutely delicious. The service was well timed and people... Read More couldn't get enough of the fresh rolls and honey butter! The staff made sure I ate and checked in regularly to make sure everything was perfect. The even collected the decor at the end of the night so I could pick it up the following day. I would highly recommend The Gables to any bride & groom looking for the perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Janice H

I cannot say enough about The Gables! Kelly and Sam are great to work with and so helpful! They are super responsive and willing to help in any way! The ceremony and reception venues are rustic elegance at it's best! They have an amazing selection of rental items too! And... Read More the food is absolutely amazing! I could not get more compliments from guests for what an amazing wedding it was at The Gables!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Kelly G

Got married here last week. Would select the same venue if we had to do it all again. It is beautiful with minimal decorating. Made the process as stress free as such a stressful event can be. My only complaint would be that when we made an appointment to pay a deposit and book... Read More the venue months ago we drove for an hour and couldn't find anyone there to help us. Almost didn't want to select the venue after the experience, but SO glad we went with it anyway. Very happy with the Gables overall!

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Alyssa R

My husband and I were married in early June 2016. It was supposed to rain on our big day so we had our ceremony in the covered courtyard and had our cocktail hour and reception in the barn. I loved the rustic feel of the Gables, I thought everything about it was just gorgeous!... Read More We had an early ceremony, 10am, so getting everyone ready in time was hectic. The two young girls who were helping us were fantastic. They kept us all on time, and running smoothly! I believe the only hiccup we had was a few days prior, I had arranged to meet the main event coordinator to go over entrances, sign/decoration placement, ect and she mistook this meeting as us just dropping everything off. Her assistance who helped us the day of were there that day and helped us settle everything. The food was wonderful, and were just the right portion sizes for lunch. The Gables overall was very affordable. I was seven months pregnant at the time of our wedding and we were on a tight budget. For 65 guests i believe we spent around $12,000.

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 David S

My wife and I were looking for a unique place to host our wedding ceremony and party and we found the perfect spot at The Gables. We were married there on January 1st, 2016. Kelly (the event planner) and Ann (the owner) were amazing to work with. We were fortunate enough to... Read More have the entire venue to ourselves. We had our wedding ceremony in the meticulously decorated ballroom upstairs. Our cocktail party was downstairs at the bar and in the restaurant. We then went back upstairs for our dinner and dancing. Our food was incredible. I will never forget the bacon wrapped shrimp!! We opted to have steak and crab cakes and everyone loved them. Our cake was DELICIOUS!! Weddings can be very stressful...Ann and Kelly made sure every detail was covered. My wife and I were 100% free to enjoy the day. We are going back tonight to celebrate our anniversary and we couldn't be more excited to see the staff. To anyone considering this venue for an important event, rest assured this team will make sure you get the event of your dreams.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Monika G

We just had our wedding at the Gables about a week ago and I can't say enough good things about them. The food was delicious, the banquet room looked beautiful, and all of our guests loved it there. Kelly, Samantha and Alex were the best, we didn't have to worry about a thing... Read More everything was taken care of for us that day. I had bought a bunch of decorations that went along with the rustic feel of that room, but quite frankly I didn't even need them. They had so many of their own lanterns and candles (that actually matched the ones I bought exactly). I would highly recommend having a wedding there-nowadays every wedding/banquet facility feels the same, almost boring. The Gables banquet room truly has an elegant, unique feel to it than all the other places we looked at. Us and our guests loved it!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Victoria M

GORGEOUS venue for ceremony and reception!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Sara H

My husband and I recently got married at Gables on October 7th 2016. Our wedding was about 90 people total, and we chose Gables because the space worked well for our size and had the rustic-chic atmosphere we were looking for. Gables also charges a la carte - so we got charged... Read More for nothing we didn't want which we liked a lot. First I have to say the service from everyone that I worked with up-to and day-of was outstanding. Kelly and Sam were awesome, and Ann and Alex were so helpful during the day! Everyone there truly loves what they do and it shows. I thought it was so helpful that they 'spruced' up my decorations by filling in matching ones. They filled in any gaps my wood rounds left with their own, set up extra candles, extra votives, basically anything extra that the design needed. Overall the food was quite good. The s'mores station was a huge hit with my guests. I will say the filets were almost all overcooked, but that does tend to happen at weddings when food is cooked en masse. I had so many people tell me how beautiful the venue was. The lights hanging inside the reception hall really gave it the glow we were looking for. The team was really flexible with what our vision was for the day. Our dog was our ring bearer and a lot of places didn't allow pets, but Kelly and the team didn't bat an eye when we told them that was a must-have for our day. We also ordered the Level 2 open bar package - we have a, shall we say, enthusiastic group when it comes to drinking? Yet a number of people commented to me that the bartenders did a great job of not being light on the mixed drinks. I will also mention that we had our rehearsal dinner here too on the upper patio. What a beautiful place to enjoy family and friends with the stone walls and foliage all around you. Food was excellent for the rehearsal dinner, and the staff was tolerant of some of our more well-lubricated guests :-) Overall this was an awesome place to have our wedding. We keep saying that we wish we could go back and do it all over again, we had so much fun. Thanks to the Gables for a great, once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Andrea C

Amazing from beginning to end. Ann, Kelly, Samantha, Alex and Chef Dave delivered a beautiful reception with outstanding food. Our guests couldn't believe how delicious the food was, how great and friendly the service was and how beautiful the The Gables is, especially the... Read More reception. We loved the food so much that we already went back to have dinner, 3 weeks after getting married. It felt magical and I'm so glad my husband and I decided to get married there. We will be eating there frequently from now on!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kyle M

We can't describe how amazing out wedding was. The Gables is the perfect place for a wedding. We hardly had to bring any decorations because the building and the outdoor area is already beautiful! The workers there are awesome! Very courteous and flexible! We had our ceremony... Read More out back along with cocktail hour, the reception was above the restaurant. We also held our rehearsal in the outdoor patio. The chef is amazing! The food was awesome for both events. Working with the Gables was great! We would highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Karen

My daughter got married, last weekend, August 7, 2016, at the Gables. The wedding was absolutely perfect! The event planner, Kelly, was extremely helpful, from the first time we met her, in November, until the big day. My daughter, her fiance, and I were going to look at two... Read More other venues after seeing the Gables, but once we saw the gorgeous outdoor wedding area, reception area, and great bridal suite, our minds were made up. We didn't need to see any other place! Kelly and her assistant, Sam, answered all of my daughters questions, and made sure that everything went smoothly and perfectly. The outdoor ceremony area was gorgeous, with flowers everywhere, surrounding the stone wall, with the waterfall. The staff were very attentive, and made us feel really comfortable. Tommy kept us fed and happy as we spent the day getting ready in the lovely on site bridal suite. The cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres, was lovely, out on the patio and deck. The reception area, inside, had rustic charm, beautiful wood floors, and wooden gables in the ceiling. It felt open and airy. No decorations were needed other than some flowers on the tables. Little white lights were provided by the venue. The cake table had pretty candles to set it off. The food was delicious. One of our guests said it was the best wedding food he had ever eaten!!! All of our friends and family couldn't get over how absolutely lovely everything was. They said that they had all driven by The Gables, but never realized what an absolutely gorgeous wedding venue it was! I highly recommend The Gables, in Chadds Ford, if you are looking for a lovely outdoor/indoor wedding venue, which is rustic, yet charming, and doesn't need a lot of decorating. My daughter made some cute chalkboard signs she placed around the venue. If you or your daughter/son are planning a wedding for the spring, summer, or fall, check out the Gables, you will be very happy you did!!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Kelsie H

We had started working with Rick at the Gables and then Kelly took over, but it was a seamless transition. She was so patient with multiple emails loaded with questions, wanting to make sure everything was prefect for our big day. Cocktail hour had to be moved inside due to... Read More weather, but everything still went very smoothly. The staff was so friendly and did a great job setting up all of the decorations that I had taken them. It was the perfectly elegant venue for us, super intimate and allowed us to dress it us for the formal garden party feel that we wanted. We can't wait to go back for our first anniversary, if we even wait that long!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Melissa G

My husband I were married at The Gables on the most beautiful day in June, June 17, 2016. The sun was shining, the atmosphere was beautiful, the food was great, but there are a few things about the Gables that I caution any bride & groom about when looking into this place. We... Read More originally met with Richard in July o 2015 when we were interested in booking at the Gables and he sold us on the place, he promised us the world and the wedding that we wanted. We reviewed the contract with him, he called a few weeks later to set up the date and said that we would be in touch. The was the last we heard from Richard as he no longer works there and is working with his wife who supplies the cakes for the Gables(which were absolutely amazing). The communication at the Gables is absolutely horrendous and inexcusable. We were left waiting for weeks at a time on responses for details about our wedding, some of them simple, some of them not so much. We also had our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding at the Gables, which was also fabulous, but because it had rained earlier that day, there was a big tent up over the ceremony area. When I spoke to Kelly earlier in the week I said I would only want a tent if it was going to rain that day...which means please no tent if it is sunny. The night of the rehearsal dinner Kelly promised everyone that it would be down for the next day and it was overheard by several member of the bridal party. The day of the wedding we arrived to the site and the tent was still up. I asked Kelly about taking it down and she said no, that it was staying up because that is what I wanted and there was no way of it coming down. She went as far as telling my photographer that the pictures would look better with the tent, as well as several other excuses like the wedding the next day needing the tent. I'm sorry this is my wedding, not somebody else. If I want the tent down, it's coming down. My MOH was finally able to get the tent down after giving Kelly her credit card information and $424 dollars later it came down within 5 minutes. The front right of left area of the garden was flooded during the ceremony so nobody could stand on that side. My son's suit was left at the Gables and after calling on Saturday morning we didn't receive a call back until Thursday, oh and the best part, the top tier of my three tier cake was put into a Scotch-Brite cardboard box leaning on its side. My DJ ran the whole entire show for the night from start to end because Kelly lacked the ability to lead and play bridal coordinator. We were also supposed to be refunded $700 for not using the tent, but that didn't happen either. No couple should have to deal with this kind of nonsense and unprofessional-ism. When contacting someone at the Gables, nobody responds until weeks later and when you respond back to them right away, it takes several more weeks. That is not how a business is run. We will not be returning to the Gables and I caution any bride or groom looking into getting married there against it and to search elsewhere with a more competent staff.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Leah T

Kelly and the entire gables team made our day so special. They were so easy to work with throughout the whole process and even the day of they were so flexible when the weather didn't cooperate and they made our wedding so incredible. The food was delicious, they set up all the... Read More decor better than i ever could have thought, and the whole flow of the day worked so well. Also the grounds are incredible for photos! We had planned to go to Longwood gardens, but changed our mind because of the weather. Honestly the photos from Gables were so much more beautiful than i could have imagined. Gables was the perfect place, great to work with, and a great value! Would highly recommend to any bride interested in a simple yet elegant wedding :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Cristine P

Kelly, Tommy, and Sam were extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process and solely devoted to me and my bridal party's needs on my wedding day. We had to rearrange last minute because of weather, but they still made everything appear effortless and beautiful. Both... Read More the indoor and outdoor spaces looked exactly how I wanted.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Caroline B

We loved the Gables! Our guests raved over the food (which was unique and beautifully executed), the friendliness of the staff, and the venue. We got married in June so the outdoor ceremony space was in full bloom. One of my hesitations in booking this venue was that it is so... Read More close to the road and would not feel private, but everything was intimate and lovely and road noise was not an issue at all. The team was easy to work with and did an excellent job of ensuring that the day ran smoothly. I feel like this venue is an excellent value!

Ann Kolenick

Ann is from Wallingford, PA. She attended the University of South Carolina, where she earned a BS degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management. After working in a management position for a few months, Ann decided to focus her efforts on cooking. She enrolled in the prestigious Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College in Philadelphia, graduating Summa cum laude with a degree in Pastry Arts. Her Bourbon Street Chocolate Banana Cake has won multiple awards from various chocolate festivals and is one of the featured desserts on the Gables menu!