Book Your Wedding with The Gale Mansion

A BALLROOM IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Beautiful and historic, The Gale Mansion is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Built in 1912, the mansion is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a full-service venue that welcomes wedding ceremonies and receptions. The exquisite Italian Renaissance Revival architecture provides an elegant and charming backdrop for many memorable photo opportunities. The Gale Mansion exudes warmth and history and is decorated with original antiques, paintings and furniture, creating a magnificent and timeless venue. The Gale Mansion can accommodate up to 200 seated guests and 250 for cocktail style.

The Ballroom is situated on the lower level of the mansion and is decorated in classic neutral tones. High ceilings and walls lined with large windows adorned with rich curtains give the room a light and graceful ambience. With its own grand piano, audiovisual system, stage and dance floor, this room can accommodate up to 200 seated guests for receptions.

The Main Floor is made up of inter-leading rooms accentuated with rich mahogany woodwork, parquet floors oriental carpets, beautifully molded ceilings and large floor-to-ceiling windows. The space is ideal for indoor ceremonies or intimate receptions and can accommodate up to 100 seated guests.

The Summer Gardens provide a beautiful location for outdoor ceremonies. Chairs are set up on the lawn with the buff Bedford limestone facade and intricate columned terrace providing a grand backdrop.

The Gale Mansion provides couples with a dedicated event planner and day-of coordinator who can assist with all the planning and details. Its executive chef has created an extensive menu that includes vegetarian, vegan, gluten- and dairy-free options. The culinary team also offers a wide range of traditional and ethnic cuisine to suit individual requirements. An in-house pastry chef is available for consultations with clients, and can create scrumptious wedding cakes and desserts to delight your guests. The wedding package includes: Full-service caterers and serving staff Setup and tear-down of the event Tables, indoor chairs, china, glassware and flatware Table linens and napkins in a choice of ivory, black or white Votive candles for tables and inside fireplaces The venue offers a full-service bar. A cash bar is available at no extra charge or the couple may opt to host all or part of the event beverages. Requests for specific wines, beers or signature cocktails can be honored with advance notice.

The Gale Mansion offers couples a wedding day customized to their individual requirements and budgets, ensuring a memorable and one-of-a-kind event. Other perks include:

• Elegant and spacious bride and grooms rooms
  • Exclusive access to the mansion on the event date from noon to midnight
  • iPod-compatible sound systems and microphones on both levels
  • Handicap-accessible elevator and entryway ramps available on both levels
  • Complimentary valet parking

Beautifully Simple, Elegantly Celebrated

Enjoy your wedding day in a gorgeous, historic full-service venue. Located just south of downtown Minneapolis, the Gale Mansion offers the perfect atmosphere for a sophisticated and unique event. Wedding ceremonies are held inside year-round, and outdoor ceremonies can be held May through October. (Don't worry: Plan B is inside.) At maximum capacity, our elegant ballroom can seat up to 200 guests. For a more intimate setting, the main mansion level can seat up to 100 guests in two adjoining rooms. In booking the mansion, you will secure the dedicated service of an experienced event planner. Your planner will be available to you every step of the planning process leading up to your big day. From start to finish, you can relax knowing your planner will be onsite to coordinate every detail.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

2115 Stevens Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN (612) 870-1662

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Clea O

I was married September 17, 2016 at the Gale Mansion; it was the best night of my life which is exactly how your wedding night should be. A few factors played into the night being flawless: the mansion was beautiful, the guests were fun, my husband was perfect but most... Read More importantly the Gale Mansion team, specifically Amy and Jessie, ensured everything went smoothly. There are so many small details you have to think about when you plan your wedding, worrying about the team behind your venue should not be one of them. Between checking in on us getting ready, bringing appetizers after the ceremony and ushering us to keep on schedule, the ladies make our night a success. They are experienced, honest and fun which I don't think you can ask for more in a venue or a team behind it.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Nawaf A

The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff was so helpful & professional. Everything came together so nicely, we could not have asked for a better venue to have our wedding. A great location just outside of Minneapolis with a beautiful lawn (in August at least). Highly... Read More recommend!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Rachel W

The Gale Mansion is an amazing venue for your wedding and reception. While I only had my reception at the Gale, the service of the staff there was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more accommodating pair in Jesse and Amy Beth. They were helpful through out the whole planning... Read More process and made the process that much easier. In the days leading up to the wedding, all I had to do was drop off my décor with instructions and they put it all together for me! Besides the staff, the ambiance of the mansion is romantic and classic, giving your whole event a unique vibe. I was very impressed by how well this historic mansion has been maintained and by the updates that have been done to accommodate modern standards. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Thank you so much Gale!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Kelsi W

I don't even know if I can fit everything I loved about our experience with The Gale Mansion in this review! If I could give more than five stars, I would. As soon as my husband and I toured the venue, we knew it was the place we wanted to tie the knot. The venue itself is... Read More absolutely stunning, inside and out. One of the things that appealed to us most about the venue was the fact that we could have our entire wedding - ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception - in different spaces at the same location. In addition to this, the staff is AMAZING! I cannot express how much I enjoyed working with Jessie! As the bride, it was difficult for me to give up control of any part of the wedding planning process. However, from the moment I met Jessie, I was totally confident that she understood and would execute the vision we had for our wedding flawlessly - and she went above and beyond to make sure we had the perfect day. She was so easy to communicate with and I had total confidence that every detail that was in Jessie's hands would be taken care of. She was there all day to keep things on schedule and there was no stress on our end about logistics on our wedding day! Also, the food (which is all prepared in-house) was awesome! We received tons of compliments about how delicious it was. I cannot express how grateful we are to all of the staff at The Gale Mansion - the servers, bartenders, security, and all the behind-the-scenes workers were so kind and accommodating. THANK YOU to Jessie and all of the staff! If you're looking for the perfect venue for your wedding, you will not be disappointed with The Gale Mansion!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 De Anna P

Jessie and the staff at the Gale Mansion are absolutely fantastic! As a catering director myself, I knew I would be exceptionally particular in how our wedding was handled and executed. Jessie had all of our details covered and became someone I explicitly trusted throughout the... Read More planning process. She was willing to help with any and every need. Our food service was great! We received many compliments on the meal, and the venue has timeless elegance. We are so thrilled with our choice to have both the ceremony and reception at the Gale Mansion, and would recommend their services to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Emily M

Gale Mansion was absolutely amazing; it's stunning which is helpful in not requiring a ton of decorations which is awesome for people on a budget. Weddings are so expensive and Gale allowed us to stay within a humble budget. Jessie was absolutely amazing- she is experienced but... Read More lets you make the choices; she has great vision and really brought it all together. It turned out so beautiful and the bridal suite is THE BEST. Guests loved to be there and loved the food. So happy we were able to say I Do and this venue.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Loren C

My husband and I fell in love with the Gale Mansion immediately upon touring it. We loved the look and feel and the intimacy of the place. It was the perfect size for our 100 person wedding. Amy and Jessie helped plan our day to be flawless. We loved that so much was encompassed... Read More in the venue - we didn't have to think about rentals, caterers, decorations, planners. That was covered by the location. I was very pleased to taste our food - everything was super delicious! We were really excited to offer a seated meal and thought all the food was wonderful - especially the vegan option (which was a delicious portabella mushroom dish). All in all we were so impressed and pleased with the Gale mansion, we wholly would recommend them to anyone looking to have a wonderful wedding in Minneapolis.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sean C

Jessie and Amy were both great to work with; they made everything go smoothly. They have great, calming personalities, which was awesome to help keep our stress levels low. The Mansion itself it beautiful and made for a perfect location for getting ready, pictures, and the... Read More reception.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 ROY JOHN S

The space and staff were awesome.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Heidi J

My husband and I got married at the Gale Mansion in July 2016. It was such a wonderful experience! For one, the mansion it's self is stunning but the staff went above and beyond. From the planning sessions leading up to the wedding day, Amy was very organized and fun to work... Read More with. The waiters/waitresses, bar staff, kitchen, everyone did a phenomenal job. The guests loved the food and the flow of the night was smooth. I truly got to enjoy our wedding knowing that Amy and staff had everything under control. I would highly recommend the Gale Mansion!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Brad K

We loved having our wedding at the Gale Mansion. We were able to have our ceremony and reception there, and it worked perfectly. Guests were able to roam about the house and the lawn during the cocktail hour while the reception hall was changed over from ceremony to dinner.... Read More Our guests gave us lots of compliments on the food. The hors d'oeuvres were raved about. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and their cake (some people at multiple pieces), and our guests also enjoyed their late-night snack of pizza. All the food was wonderful - I just wish I could say I got to try it all! Amy and Jessie are wonderful to work with. They are so patient and accommodating it made the planning go by as stress free as it could have been, and the day of went off without a hitch. We couldn't have done it without them. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Gale Mansion to someone looking for an all-inclusive wedding venue for a ceremony and reception. It's a wonderful place, and it fit into our budget perfectly.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Liz D

Everything was wonderful - Jessie is a ray of sunshine and she made everything easier. Both Jessie and Amy are very responsive, accommodating, and helpful. The mansion is beautiful and we loved that it was a one-stop shop for so many aspects of the day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Janelle F

Such a great team! In spite of a staff change shortly before my wedding Amy and Jessie made a point to ensure that everything was smooth and checked in with me often. They even offered me the bonus of complimentary pipe and drape from a style shoot they had done the day... Read More before. Which was so unexpected and so generous! They were wonderful in assisting pulling down our florists arbor for us and checking in with us afterwords as well. I would and still do recommend this gorgeous mansion for any future couples in search of a venue!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Kayla D

Truly a wonderful Experience, The Gale Mansion was so easy to work with. The were a huge part in making my dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Rose M

Our October 2015 wedding day was the best day of our lives! The whole planning process, rehearsal and wedding day went as smoothly as I could have ever hoped. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing on the day itself—except for not tripping down the aisle, of course! Amy and... Read More Amy Beth were very quick to respond to any questions we had and helped us plan our day every step of the way—in 3 months, no less! The short timeline was no issue at all. The Mansion is GORGEOUS, the food was wonderful and the staff was great. If you love "Old World Charm", and you are looking for more of an all-inclusive experience, Gale Mansion would be a great option for you.

The Gale Mansion

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

I had a very splendid time at the Gale Mansion. it was everything i could have dreamed of for the venue where i married my soul mate. thank you to Gale Mansion and staff for all their hard work. Great place for a wedding.

A Complete Success!

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Carmella E

From the first tour to the shuttle home after the reception, the staff at the Gale Mansion made it their goal to be as accommodating and professional as possible. They were great about communicating, keeping in touch and answering our questions through the whole planning process... Read More and executed our plans the day of the wedding flawlessly and smoothly! Our guests raved about the food, service, and flow of the evening even weeks afterward. The price is the best out there for what you get and we couldn't be more grateful!

Gale Mansion is Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015

My husband and I could not have found a better venue for our wedding. Amy Beth and Amy Leh worked with us to create a wedding package that fit our budget and our personalities. How many venues allow Nerf Guns, board games, and video games? The staff were friendly and... Read More professional, the food was phenomenal, and the atmosphere was perfect. You will be hard pressed to find a venue like this.

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Meredith W

I found the Gale through the knot and researched them and read nothing but amazing reviews. I am so glad I chose the Gale for our wedding ceremony and reception location. They made the planning process so easy for us and we are catered to our needs, as we were from out of state.... Read More They really know what they are doing over there and have the best suggestions. Our wedding was just fabulous and that's all because the Gale took such good care of us. I also used several vendors, DJ and make up that I found on their website. The food was fabulous too, we had so many guests telling us how wonderful the food was! If you love old architecture and charm you will love the mansion, the rooms are stunning, I hardly needed that many decorations. I would use them again in a heart beat.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Ashley T

The Gale Mansion was a beautiful and elegant venue for our wedding. We had a perfect wedding and a perfect day at the mansion. Unfortunately, the only downside of our day was the two Amy wedding coordinators. They know how to get the timeline and the day done and run smoothly,... Read More but they were very unfriendly the whole day to everyone in our wedding party. They were rude and act like they hate their jobs, I didn't understand how they could act like that to someone and their familes on their wedding day. I really didn't want to write anything bad because of how gorgeous and what a perfect day our wedding was, but that stood out to many people through out the day and the rehearsal the night before.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

Gale Mansion is a truly beautiful place. It is full of history and impeccably restored. Amy Beth and Amy Leh are the most wonderful people and are truly gifted in organizing and running a wedding day. They are the friendliest people who really care about your day and your... Read More experience with them. The cater to your every need and see to every possible detail. We had a totally stress-free and fun day because of Amy Beth, Amy, and the rest of the staff. The food was scrumptious, the attention to detail was mind boggling, and the service was amazing. I highly recommend this location to any bride who is looking forward to a unique and fun ceremony and reception space. You will not regret booking this venue. My husband and I just got married a week ago and I cannot wait to see the pictures taken here! I cannot say enough about this venue and the staff. They made our day incredible!!! Thank you Amy Beth and Amy Leh!

Wedding & Reception

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Maria D

Living in California and getting married in Minneapolis (my husband's home city) proved to be very challenging. I did all my research online months prior to our visit. Luckily, I was pretty sure I wanted a historical mansion as our wedding venue. I found several within the... Read More historical district of Minneapolis and after carefully considering each venue, I decided to visit Gale Mansion on our next trip to Minnesota, which was a year from our proposed wedding date. I was in contact with both Amy and Amy Beth, arranging a tour and a tasting. My husband and I were very pleased with the intimate and elegant ambiance of the place and the food was delicious. We were sold. Over the following year, we kept in brief contact regarding payment installments and random questions I had along the way. My emails were always answered promptly and they even sent me pictures upon request, reminding me of the layout. Our wedding was small (50 guests) so the main level ended up being the perfect amount of space. Several days before the wedding, I was able to drop by and show my closest friends the venue so they would be familiar as they were assisting me in a variety of ways on the wedding day. I was also able to drop off all my wedding gear the day before, which made arriving the day of smooth and unhurried. The day itself was wonderful and from my point of view, nearly flawless! (any minor hiccups were handled with ease between my friends and Amy and/or Amy Beth.) Thank you Gale Mansion!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Jessica S

Beautiful site and the staff was great to work with. The food was delicious. I highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Jen F

Picking our venue was one of the hardest decisions we had to make for our wedding but picking the Gale Mansion was by far one of the BEST decisions we made. Amy and Amy, the 2 fantastic women who run the show there, made our wedding absolutely flawless. They made us feel so... Read More comfortable about our wedding day, carefully walking us through the day and making sure to take care of every single little detail (like taking care of our gifts, feeding all of the kids early so there were no meltdowns, getting a sewing kit for my dad after his pants split, etc). The staff and servers were so respectful, kind, attentive and overall amazing. I have heard horror stories of family members having to stay for hours after a wedding ends to clean up and take care of leftover items at the wedding venue but the staff at the Gale Mansion did basically all of this for us so everyone could enjoy themselves. If you want a beautiful, hassle free, and amazing venue I HIGHLY recommend the Gale Mansion.

Gale Mansion

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Sylvia H

Absolutely beautiful, from the glowing woodwork, to the vintage paintings, to the sparkling chandeliers, to the grandeur of the staircase leading up to the ballroom, 5 Star Venue all the way!

Meet The Director of Catering

Jessie Kelley

Jessie began working at The Gale Mansion in May 2016. Prior to the Gale Mansion, she worked in Hawai'i at the Four Seasons Resorts as well as independent high end restaurants working on weddings and events. Jessie works hard to make sure that each couples wedding day is the wedding of their dreams.