Book Your Wedding with The Gatehouse

A BALLROOM IN BATON ROUGE, LA

Located in Louisiana's capital city of Baton Rouge, The Gatehouse offers a storybook setting full of southern hospitality. With personalized ceremony and reception packages, this distinctive wedding venue features a wide variety of accommodations make every ceremony and celebration unique. Due to the Gatehouse's attention to detail and outstanding customer satisfaction, they were named one of the top wedding professionals in the country by The Knot in 2011 and 2013.

, which is located on the Gatehouse's two-acre property, is an idyllic outdoor venue for wedding ceremonies. With a class covering, the courtyard is suitable for all weather, rain or shine. This outdoor space also features a cooling system for the hot summer months and radiant heaters and curtains for the winter.

at the Gatehouse offers an elegant setting for romantic receptions. The space comes equipped with chiavari chairs, floor-length linens, round tables, and grand chandeliers. The ballroom can accommodate up to 125 guests.

The Gatehouse offers two wedding packages: classic and premium. The classic packages includes everything a couple needs for an outdoor wedding ceremony in the courtyard and a romantic wedding reception in the ballroom, which includes an event coordinator, catering, drinks, entertainment, cake, champagne toast, the bridal suite, and other small necessities.

The premium package, which is the preferred package among couples, must be booked early. This has all of the features of the classic package, but includes a higher level of personalization and several upgrades. These extra features include fine china, patterned flatware, cloth napkins, personalized beverage napkins, keepsake wedding CD, groom's cake, guest book, farewell basket, an extra hour for the wedding ceremony, and more.

Note that the Gatehouse does not host ceremony-only events; all ceremonies must include a reception. The Gatehouse also allows reception-only events. There is also a guest minimum of 50 people for events on Friday and Saturday.

Designed to be an all-inclusive wedding vendor, everything you need for a full ceremony and reception is included in both the classic and premium packages. For couples with unique desires, however, arrangements can be made with the event coordinator. These extra perks include:

• Wedding invitations and save-the-dates
  • High-quality table linens
  • Candle-lit ceremony and dinner
  • Custom centerpieces
  • Vendor-approved photographers and florists

A Tradition of Excellence in Weddings & Receptions

What is your vision of a perfect wedding? Having someone who will handle all of the details while you visit with your family and friends? We take it from start to finish, and everything in between. So leave it to us to make your wedding the most memorable day of your life together.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

13469 Harrells Ferry Rd, Baton Rouge, LA (225) 752-2803

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kelly H

The Gatehouse does it all! The premium package is worth every penny! This venue was highly affordable and included so much. Christi was great to work with and coordinated the wedding day perfectly. The food was amazing, and having to-go food the next day was a life saver! The... Read More ceremony and reception went so smoothly. I highly recommend this venue. Not having to worry about cake vendors and decorating as well as catering was a huge stress reducer! Again, great experience, great price, and great coordinator!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Erin P

This was the best wedding venue EVER! Our guests raved about the food, the decor was beautiful, and Christi Edwards (owner) made the planning seamless and simple. This venue can accommodate about 150 guests, using the indoor and outdoor space year-round. We had over 100... Read More guests, and everyone was very comfortable. This was the most beautiful, fairy-tale wedding that I could have ever imagined. All of the accommodations and services were top-notch, and at a very reasonable cost. The Premium Package was more than worth it!

2017-03-17T13:18:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO SO much for the feedback! We enjoy celebrating each and every event but it's even more enjoyable to hear that we made it so incredible for you and all of your guests. Fairy-tale is what we strive for and we are so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stefanie J

I had my wedding reception here last month. Christi is so organized and she made the planning process super easy. When we arrived to our reception, I was blown away with how beautiful everything turned out. Christi and her staff definitely went above and beyond to make sure... Read More everything was perfect. Christi kept us on track with everything planned but we also never felt rushed when we wanted to keep lingering with guests. She followed through with everything promised in our contract plus more. The food was fabulous too. I heard nothing but good things from my guests on how much they loved everything. If you want as much of a stress free wedding/reception as possible, be sure to check out The Gatehouse. You won't regret it :)

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Iperlitta V

I cannot thank Christi and the Gatehouse staff enough for how beautifully the handles my reception. I didn't have to worry about anything. We all just showed up and had a wonderful time. The venue was/is beautiful and the food was perfect. I got so many compliments about how... Read More professional and personal everything was. We were married on November 11th, 2017 and about 2 months we had a cold snap come through into the 40's (I am not a fan of cold weather). I ask her to promise that on my wedding day the temperature would be in the mid-70's. She joked and said she would try and she did. The weather that day was 74 degrees. What more can I say she is awesome. The staff even came out and danced with us and the guest. They made our wedding day just perfect. Please if you are looking for a beautiful place to have your wedding, with a wonderful caring staff, will listen to even the minor details try the gatehouse. Thank you..Thank you...Thank you Eddie and Iperlitta Lolis

Reviewed on 1/26/2018 Kaitlynn B

We could not thank Christi Edwards at The Gatehouse enough! Our wedding and reception were perfect because of all of the hard work Ms. Christi and her staff put in. Everything ran smoothly, and multiple gusts commented on how beautiful the decor was! Thank you from the bottom of... Read More our hearts.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Emma G

The Gatehouse was everything we could of wanted and more. If I could give it more than 5 stars I would. Christi was so helpful the entire time. She really made wedding planning a breeze. She is very organized and makes sure everything is planned and ready to go. We had our... Read More reception there and I really thought that Christi was just going to introduce us and make sure that we stayed on schedule. Well we were wrong she exceeded our expectations. She ran around the entire time making sure we were on schedule, had everything that we could possibly want and that everything went perfectly. When we left she put a basket of our food (because we had to much fun and no time to eat) and a bottle of champagne! I can’t express how great our experience. If you want a stress free wedding go here!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Tara W

The Gatehouse exceeded my expectations for my special day. Christi took care of every detail which allowed me to enjoy every minute of my wedding. It was a dream come true and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jennie Q

The gatehouse exceeded all expectations!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Ashleigh B

Couldn’t have asked for better service or a more beautiful wedding. My husband and I were very pleased with everything

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Monica C

We can't thank Christi and her team enough for making our day truly amazing. She went far beyond my expectations and provided excellent professionalism and service. Thank you so much for all you did! My husband and I absolutely love The Gatehouse.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jennifer C

Christi was awesome from the beginning. She answered every question promptly and didn't miss a beat on our day. My wife and I didn't have to worry about a thing! The venue is beautiful, especially at night with the lights. The food was delicious and the staff was friendly. As a... Read More bonus, we were sent home with a ton of food (which we devoured that night) and champagne! Overall, a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Emily L

I loved the gatehouse as my venue for my wedding! Everything was beautiful and perfect! It was also very helpful that they partner with Gambinos and did their own catering so I did not have to go out on more errands trying to find the right stuff. I love all my pictures of the... Read More scenery in the background and I will suggest this venue to everyone I meet!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Courtney P

It was perfect for my Happily Ever After! I wish I had booked more time as I we were having so much fun!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Penny S

I could not have asked for a better place. Everything was great.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Hallie M

We had an EXCELLENT experience at The Gatehouse! Christie made the planning process such a breeze!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Valerie B

The Gatehouse is such an elegant place to have a wedding or other event. The inside and outside area are both fun and beautiful. The gazebo, pond, and gardens were lovely for an outside party. We had a great time. What made our day so easy going was Christi; she was so... Read More helpful! Everything I needed, she was able to get or help me with. She made the day perfect with her attention to detail. She is absolutely wonderful! If you want a wedding place with amazing food, The Gatehouse is the one for you. Our family and friends could not stop talking about what was served! The hors d'oeuvres were delicious and all had a touch of Louisiana. We still have people telling us that it was the best wedding food they have had. The music was lively and the service was amazing. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. The Gatehouse is the best place to have your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Valerie B

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Molly R

Our wedding was just gorgeous! It was everything and more than my husband and I dreamed. Everything even to the tiniest detail was organized and done. The venue was beautiful, and the food was delicious. We couldn't have had a happier, and better day! Christy made it easy... Read More to plan, and was so patient and kind. We were very very pleased, as well as our guests with it all.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Janay V

Where do i begin..Christie and her staff were absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond to make sure our night was perfect. Whenever we needed to make changes she was always available by email or phone. Everyone there was so helpful and very professional. And the food..... Read More My goodness. My family is very picky and for them to actually say they "LOVED" the food is a major compliment. We had an open bar and those drinks were flowing from the minute we said "i do" and didn't stop until it was time to walk out the door. When i got there on my wedding day, Christie made sure i didnt have to stress about anything which made me so thankful! I would definitely recommend The Gatehouse to anyone looking to have a stress-free wedding day!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Bethany P

Christi and her mother were absolutely wonderful and a great help. They were very accommodating and helpful and they handled all of the details! I cannot tell you how nice it was to not have to worry about the food, cake, DJ, decorations, schedule, etc! There are so many... Read More wonderful options included in their packages I barely had to worry about anything! It was so nice not having to deal with tons of different venders. On the day of the wedding, my husband and I got married at our church and then came to the Gatehouse for our reception and everything was ready and organized and it looked absolutely beautiful! Christi and her staff helped the event move along at a good pace and I didn't have to stress about one thing. I would highly recommend this venue! The Gatehouse is beautiful and their packages are a low price and my reception was everything that I could have wanted.

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Jessie G

Amazing! Christi took care of EVERYTHING. Wedding planning was a breeze and the night went perfectly. Could not have been happier.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

I had my wedding here almost a year ago, and I cannot tell you how many people are STILL telling me how amazing it was. The food, the venue, the decor - everything was beyond fabulous. As the bride I expected to be completely stressed out and have a pretty intense day but I... Read More could not have been more wrong. From the moment I stepped into the building, Christi and her staff did the most phenomenal job of taking care of every single thing. I can truly say it was one of the most memorable days of my life thanks to the staff. Anyone looking to get married needs to look into going here for their service and DEFINITELY for their reception. I cannot say enough good things about The Gatehouse. From starting to plan to the actual ceremony, it could not have been a more flawless experience. Thank you so much for making my wedding planning and day so easy and so perfect!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Amber R

The Gatehouse was perfect. Christy was a big help with everything. She made my whole planning process stress free and she was always there to answer all my questions and concerns. Would most diferently recommend the Gtaehouse to any occasion. The grounds are gorgeous and well... Read More kept. The food was really good as well, I got a lot of complaints on how good the food was. And the to-go box they packed was in a cute tote that I got to kept. Everything was perfect and what I had dreamed about.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Richard P

This is a fantastic location. We had about 100 guests, and we had no issues fitting everyone in. There's also a spacious outside area, where guests can mingle and the music isn't so loud, so it's really twice the space. It also looks beautiful at night. The package we got... Read More included the fee for the wedding cake and the DJ service, so in the end, it was also the best value we found of the other venues in the Baton Rouge area.

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Katie D

I had my wedding here last weekend. Christi and her staff were very organized, professional, and helpful! Christi made sure every detail was in place! I'm pretty much a control freak, but Christi made me feel so comfortable and I trusted her to see that my vision came through.... Read More Everyone complimented how beautiful the venue and the great organization. The venue is incredibly affordable for a moderate income family. It's the perfect size for the smaller weddings. I had 75 people and it wasn't crowded nor did it look too large for them. The food was great--she even took the extra time to have the leftovers packed and labeled for us! Not once did I feel like I was paying too much. Thanks for eveything, Christi!

The Gatehouse