Book Your Wedding with The Gatehouse

A BALLROOM IN BATON ROUGE, LA

Located in Louisiana's capital city of Baton Rouge, The Gatehouse offers a storybook setting full of southern hospitality. With personalized ceremony and reception packages, this distinctive wedding venue features a wide variety of accommodations make every ceremony and celebration unique. Due to the Gatehouse's attention to detail and outstanding customer satisfaction, they were named one of the top wedding professionals in the country by The Knot in 2011 and 2013.

, which is located on the Gatehouse's two-acre property, is an idyllic outdoor venue for wedding ceremonies. With a class covering, the courtyard is suitable for all weather, rain or shine. This outdoor space also features a cooling system for the hot summer months and radiant heaters and curtains for the winter.

at the Gatehouse offers an elegant setting for romantic receptions. The space comes equipped with chiavari chairs, floor-length linens, round tables, and grand chandeliers. The ballroom can accommodate up to 125 guests.

The Gatehouse offers two wedding packages: classic and premium. The classic packages includes everything a couple needs for an outdoor wedding ceremony in the courtyard and a romantic wedding reception in the ballroom, which includes an event coordinator, catering, drinks, entertainment, cake, champagne toast, the bridal suite, and other small necessities.

The premium package, which is the preferred package among couples, must be booked early. This has all of the features of the classic package, but includes a higher level of personalization and several upgrades. These extra features include fine china, patterned flatware, cloth napkins, personalized beverage napkins, keepsake wedding CD, groom's cake, guest book, farewell basket, an extra hour for the wedding ceremony, and more.

Note that the Gatehouse does not host ceremony-only events; all ceremonies must include a reception. The Gatehouse also allows reception-only events. There is also a guest minimum of 50 people for events on Friday and Saturday.

Designed to be an all-inclusive wedding vendor, everything you need for a full ceremony and reception is included in both the classic and premium packages. For couples with unique desires, however, arrangements can be made with the event coordinator. These extra perks include:

• Wedding invitations and save-the-dates
  • High-quality table linens
  • Candle-lit ceremony and dinner
  • Custom centerpieces
  • Vendor-approved photographers and florists

A Tradition of Excellence in Weddings & Receptions

What is your vision of a perfect wedding? Having someone who will handle all of the details while you visit with your family and friends? We take it from start to finish, and everything in between. So leave it to us to make your wedding the most memorable day of your life together.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden

13469 Harrells Ferry Rd, Baton Rouge, LA (225) 752-2803

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Erin P

This was the best wedding venue EVER! Our guests raved about the food, the decor was beautiful, and Christi Edwards (owner) made the planning seamless and simple. This venue can accommodate about 150 guests, using the indoor and outdoor space year-round. We had over 100... Read More guests, and everyone was very comfortable. This was the most beautiful, fairy-tale wedding that I could have ever imagined. All of the accommodations and services were top-notch, and at a very reasonable cost. The Premium Package was more than worth it!

2017-03-17T13:18:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO SO much for the feedback! We enjoy celebrating each and every event but it's even more enjoyable to hear that we made it so incredible for you and all of your guests. Fairy-tale is what we strive for and we are so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Emily L

I loved the gatehouse as my venue for my wedding! Everything was beautiful and perfect! It was also very helpful that they partner with Gambinos and did their own catering so I did not have to go out on more errands trying to find the right stuff. I love all my pictures of the... Read More scenery in the background and I will suggest this venue to everyone I meet!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Courtney P

It was perfect for my Happily Ever After! I wish I had booked more time as I we were having so much fun!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Penny S

I could not have asked for a better place. Everything was great.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stefanie J

I had my wedding reception here last month. Christi is so organized and she made the planning process super easy. When we arrived to our reception, I was blown away with how beautiful everything turned out. Christi and her staff definitely went above and beyond to make sure... Read More everything was perfect. Christi kept us on track with everything planned but we also never felt rushed when we wanted to keep lingering with guests. She followed through with everything promised in our contract plus more. The food was fabulous too. I heard nothing but good things from my guests on how much they loved everything. If you want as much of a stress free wedding/reception as possible, be sure to check out The Gatehouse. You won't regret it :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Hallie M

We had an EXCELLENT experience at The Gatehouse! Christie made the planning process such a breeze!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Valerie B

The Gatehouse is such an elegant place to have a wedding or other event. The inside and outside area are both fun and beautiful. The gazebo, pond, and gardens were lovely for an outside party. We had a great time. What made our day so easy going was Christi; she was so... Read More helpful! Everything I needed, she was able to get or help me with. She made the day perfect with her attention to detail. She is absolutely wonderful! If you want a wedding place with amazing food, The Gatehouse is the one for you. Our family and friends could not stop talking about what was served! The hors d'oeuvres were delicious and all had a touch of Louisiana. We still have people telling us that it was the best wedding food they have had. The music was lively and the service was amazing. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. The Gatehouse is the best place to have your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Valerie B

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Molly R

Our wedding was just gorgeous! It was everything and more than my husband and I dreamed. Everything even to the tiniest detail was organized and done. The venue was beautiful, and the food was delicious. We couldn't have had a happier, and better day! Christy made it easy... Read More to plan, and was so patient and kind. We were very very pleased, as well as our guests with it all.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Janay V

Where do i begin..Christie and her staff were absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond to make sure our night was perfect. Whenever we needed to make changes she was always available by email or phone. Everyone there was so helpful and very professional. And the food..... Read More My goodness. My family is very picky and for them to actually say they "LOVED" the food is a major compliment. We had an open bar and those drinks were flowing from the minute we said "i do" and didn't stop until it was time to walk out the door. When i got there on my wedding day, Christie made sure i didnt have to stress about anything which made me so thankful! I would definitely recommend The Gatehouse to anyone looking to have a stress-free wedding day!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Bethany P

Christi and her mother were absolutely wonderful and a great help. They were very accommodating and helpful and they handled all of the details! I cannot tell you how nice it was to not have to worry about the food, cake, DJ, decorations, schedule, etc! There are so many... Read More wonderful options included in their packages I barely had to worry about anything! It was so nice not having to deal with tons of different venders. On the day of the wedding, my husband and I got married at our church and then came to the Gatehouse for our reception and everything was ready and organized and it looked absolutely beautiful! Christi and her staff helped the event move along at a good pace and I didn't have to stress about one thing. I would highly recommend this venue! The Gatehouse is beautiful and their packages are a low price and my reception was everything that I could have wanted.

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Jessie G

Amazing! Christi took care of EVERYTHING. Wedding planning was a breeze and the night went perfectly. Could not have been happier.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

I had my wedding here almost a year ago, and I cannot tell you how many people are STILL telling me how amazing it was. The food, the venue, the decor - everything was beyond fabulous. As the bride I expected to be completely stressed out and have a pretty intense day but I... Read More could not have been more wrong. From the moment I stepped into the building, Christi and her staff did the most phenomenal job of taking care of every single thing. I can truly say it was one of the most memorable days of my life thanks to the staff. Anyone looking to get married needs to look into going here for their service and DEFINITELY for their reception. I cannot say enough good things about The Gatehouse. From starting to plan to the actual ceremony, it could not have been a more flawless experience. Thank you so much for making my wedding planning and day so easy and so perfect!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Amber R

The Gatehouse was perfect. Christy was a big help with everything. She made my whole planning process stress free and she was always there to answer all my questions and concerns. Would most diferently recommend the Gtaehouse to any occasion. The grounds are gorgeous and well... Read More kept. The food was really good as well, I got a lot of complaints on how good the food was. And the to-go box they packed was in a cute tote that I got to kept. Everything was perfect and what I had dreamed about.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Richard P

This is a fantastic location. We had about 100 guests, and we had no issues fitting everyone in. There's also a spacious outside area, where guests can mingle and the music isn't so loud, so it's really twice the space. It also looks beautiful at night. The package we got... Read More included the fee for the wedding cake and the DJ service, so in the end, it was also the best value we found of the other venues in the Baton Rouge area.

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Katie D

I had my wedding here last weekend. Christi and her staff were very organized, professional, and helpful! Christi made sure every detail was in place! I'm pretty much a control freak, but Christi made me feel so comfortable and I trusted her to see that my vision came through.... Read More Everyone complimented how beautiful the venue and the great organization. The venue is incredibly affordable for a moderate income family. It's the perfect size for the smaller weddings. I had 75 people and it wasn't crowded nor did it look too large for them. The food was great--she even took the extra time to have the leftovers packed and labeled for us! Not once did I feel like I was paying too much. Thanks for eveything, Christi!

Amazing

Reviewed on 4/03/2015

My husband and I got married on February 28, 2015. The place was amazing, the food was delicious, and the staff is great. The Gatehouse includes the cake and the DJ in the price. I couldn't have pictured a better more perfect night. Thank you Gatehouse.

June Wedding

Reviewed on 7/13/2014 Jaclyn R

Christi was absolutely wonderful! The package we paid for was all inclusive so we had to do very little on our part. Christi made our night so wonderful and enjoyable! Worth every penny we spent. She did everything we asked and made sure we got to do everything we wanted on our... Read More night. Both my new hubby and I are incredibly happy to have worked with the Gatehouse for our special night.

One stop shop!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Cheri H

We had a magical wedding here. And what I loved is that Christie took care of the cake, the DAj , napkins food and decor all in her low price!

A lovely evening to remember

Reviewed on 4/02/2014 Hattie V

The Gatehouse did a phenomenal job for our wedding. We were so pleased with how everything turned out, and many of our guests commented about how impressed they were. The gold bamboo chairs and real china were a nice touch. Also, there was champagne and chocolate strawberries... Read More waiting in the bride's room when we arrived!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 3/27/2014 Carmen L

My wedding was awesome! The Gatehouse did such an awesome job at making this experience stress-free for me and my now husband! The decorations were beautiful and the food was absolutely delicious. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

Wonderful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Kathleen M

I would absolutely, without any hesitation, recommend The Gatehouse for your wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The food was FABULOUS and the cost very reasonable. My guests commented repeatedly how much they enjoyed our wedding. The staff at the Gatehouse made it... Read More easy and as stress free as possible. I think it's one of the best values and best kept secrets in Baton Rouge. A+++

Better than I imagined!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Shelley O

My husband and I had a church ceremony with our reception at The Gatehouse. First and foremost, I must say that Christi is absolutely phenomenal. From the very first meeting till the minute we left the reception, she was available for anything and everything. I felt able to... Read More relax and enjoy my family and friends at the reception knowing that Christi and her excellent staff would take care of everything. My husband and I never had to ask for a thing or worry what was next. Christi even helped me with my minor wardrobe malfunction. The food was delicious. The servers were friendly and circulated frequently. The bartender was very friendly and fast. The music could have been better, but to be fair, I was not as specific about my music preferences as I apparently should have been. The Gatehouse is a one stop reception/wedding shop that is more than worth the price. I highly recommend that you at least call Christi and take a tour. I could not have been happier with the service we received from this venue.

AMAZING VENUE

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Ashley L

My husband and I are from Mississippi but decided to have a wedding in Louisiana. Thanks to the Knot, we found The Gatehouse. Our desire was to have a destination wedding with an outside ceremony and indoor reception. The Gatehouse was the perfect venue for us. Instantly, we... Read More fell in love with the photos of the outdoor ceremony area and the indoor reception area. There was some hesitation because we were planning a destination wedding. Christi Edwards, owner and wedding coordinator, was absolutely amazing!!! After the first conversation with her, I knew we made the right decision. She is an amazing person. Her humble personality and patience helped to reduce my stress level. Once you book with The Gatehouse, you have access to another portion of the website which offered many suggestions and options for the wedding and reception. Even though there was a distance between us, Christi did an awesome job of communicating with me through phone calls and emails. I can honestly say that the day of the wedding went smoothly. We were able to enjoy our special day without worrying about the planning and setup. The ceremony was outside during the early evening and was BEAUTIFUL!! The food was AMAZING and definitely exceeded our expectations. Our guests are still raving about how great the venue was and how much they enjoyed the food. Througout the day, Christi checked with us to see if there was anything we needed. After the reception, she ensured that we had all our gifts and belongings in the designated vehicle. We could not have asked for a better venue to have our wedding. Christi and The Gatehouse staff were the reason for our beautiful and stress-free wedding day. Thank you Christi Edwards and The Gatehouse for everything!!

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 7/04/2013 Abigail T

We had our wedding ceremony & reception at The Gatehouse, and we are so happy that we did! I wanted our wedding day to be stress free, beautiful, and fun. The Gatehouse made this possible for us! Christi and her crew took care of organizing our rehearsal, setting up & taking... Read More down of the decor, the flow of the wedding, the food & cake, and I'm sure so much more that I don't even realize. I was a busy bride on a budget with expensive taste. The Gatehouse met all of these qualities for me. The venue & food were exceptional. The ambience was intimate & classy. This wedding site is definitely worth checking out!

The Gatehouse