Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Alexandria S

A friend recommended The Grooves and I’m so glad he did! We are so glad we chose The Grooves to play for our reception. They knew exactly what to play to keep our guests on their feet all night. I’ve had SO many of my friends and family contact me asking about the band because... Read More they were that good! We had so much fun because of this band, so thank you!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Bonny B

The band was amazing- kept the party going all night long and kept everyone on the dance floor all night!! Played our requests and a great variety of music that everyone appreciated. They're great entertainers and even MCed the reception. Totally recommend!!

2017-07-21T22:36:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! You folks were a blast and ruled the dance floor!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Mary C

I cannot say enough about how incredible The Grooves were for our wedding band! This was one thing that was VERY important to my parents and I because family really likes to dance and have a good time! We made sure we told them we wanted crowd interaction and a lot of high... Read More energy songs. They even learned a favorite song of the grooms to play (Callin' Baton Rouge - Garth Brooks) we only asked them to play it on a break and come back with Sweet Home Alabama after and they surprised us by playing it live! Such a great surprise for the night!

2017-07-17T11:59:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words! We had a blast performing these songs for you. Your crowd sure knew how to cut a rug and was so much fun!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Willow M

The Grooves were amazing!!! Ron was so easy to work with and communication with him was wonderful! They listened to my husband and my in-laws suggestions and they made the process of booking a band seamless. The guests at my wedding were blown away by how great they were! We... Read More didn't want the night to end! We still have friends and guests complimenting us about the live band that we had. Definitely book The Grooves!!

2017-06-29T10:43:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We had so much fun performing for such fun folks! We love what we do and you all were such a fun crowd that it makes our night even that much better!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Elaine T

Wow! This band is fantastic! We wanted to have a serious, formal wedding and a rocking party for the reception and they did not disappoint! They feed off the crowd and play the songs that get everyone up and dancing! I have had numerous guests ask me about the band because... Read More they were so good. Thanks for the most amazing, fun night!

2017-06-27T16:34:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was an honor performing for your special day and I'm so glad you had as much fun as we did!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Abbey B

The Grooves were INCREDIBLE!!!! This band is the MOST fun and our wedding was a BLAST!! We didn't even give the band a playlist and they just played off the crowd. I would recommend them to anyone if you are looking for a good time!! Our guest really enjoyed them as well!!

2017-06-29T10:42:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kindness! It was an absolute blast playing for you folks! Thanks so much for having us!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Gail P

This band was great! They kept the dancing going all night. Super easy to work with and responded quickly to all of our requests. They really made the evening the huge success.

2017-06-27T16:42:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the props! You folks were a total blast to perform for! Ron and the grooves http://thegrooves.net/austin-bands.html

Simply the BEST!

Reviewed on 4/04/2015

The Grooves were awesome. Kept the party going and the dance floor was always packed. Great to work with and definitely the highlight of our event.

AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Ashley S

The Grooves made our wedding reception. They are a wonderful band and do a great job at coordinating the evenings events and keeping people on the dance floor. ROCK ON!!!

Best Vendor at our Wedding!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Abbey J

I knew from the beginning that I wanted a live band at our wedding! I did alot.. i mean alot.. of research about available bands, pricing, and reviews! I loved the music selection that The Grooves offered so I decided to inquire about their pricing and availability. From the... Read More very first email, Ron was excellent at communication! I had every question answered in a very timely manner! Once I started telling other vendors that we had choosen The Grooves I heard nothing but great things! Well let me tell you that they did not dissappoint at all! They were so awesome at reading the crowd and keeping the floor packed all night long! They were a blast and made our wedding reception memorable! I highly recommend The Grooves to play for your next party! They were fabulous!!

Best Dance Music

Reviewed on 5/06/2014 Melanie K

These guys can do it ALL! We had Russell the lead guitarist play at our ceremony. He was spectacular! Then we had the whole band for the dinner and reception. They played nice mellow music for the dinner portion then after our first dance the dance floor was full all night! Just... Read More how we wanted it. We didn't have to pick a song list. They just know what the crowd likes by the amount of people on the floor. Everyone said it was the BEST wedding they had every been to! Thanks The Grooves! Great, timeless memories!!!

Best wedding band.....ever!

Reviewed on 3/29/2014 Kristin B

Now, I'm not just saying The Grooves is the best wedding band because they absolutely ROCKED my wedding reception, but because more than 10 of my guests came up to me during my reception to tell me The Grooves is the best wedding band they have ever heard! I was impressed... Read More with The Grooves before my wedding reception - excellent communication, reasonable price, diverse playlist. At my reception, they kept the dance floor PACKED the entire night! Very engaging, played to the crowd, terrific dinner set (that my family/guests danced to as well!).....I didn't want the reception to end! I can't encourage you enough to consider The Grooves for your wedding - you will not be disappointed!

The Grooves

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Sara

We hired the Grooves after seeing them perform at a friend's wedding. They did a fantastic job and kept everyone engaged during their 6 hour performance at our wedding. My favorite thing about working with Ron was his professionalism. If you are looking for a band, you might... Read More not be thinking that this is an important factor, but leading up to the wedding, it made a huge difference for me. Ron sent an email every time he received a payment confirming receipt and updating our new balance. Three weeks from the date of the event, he sent a brief confirmation sheet pertaining to our schedule of events. In addition, I provided him with an extensive script and schedule which they did a great job of following the night of. The band sounded great and we received many compliments on how much fun they were from guests. Great job THE GROOVES!

Great Music!!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2013 Ana P

We planned our Austin wedding from overseas and selected the Grooves based on viewing You Tube videos. We weren't sure what we were going to get. I couldn't of been happier with them. They had all of our guests dancing the entire night. The only time our guests sat down was... Read More during the bands breaks. I would highly recommend them. Also, we used Russell the guitarist to sing during our ceremony and reception hour. He was amazing and made the day even more special.

Wedding

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Carolyn P

The Grooves played at Barr Mansion in Austin for my daughter's wedding and everyone loved them. They were the perfect band for our event.

Kept the party going all night!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Ashley E

The Grooves are awesome! They were recommended by our wedding planner and I am so glad we chose them! We had a small space (outside at Ocho) and they were totally willing to work with us. They were very accommodating regarding special songs we wanted played for the first... Read More dance, father/daughter, mother/son, etc. The band members were very kind and courteous to our guests and they were very easy to work with. The dance floor was packed all night! I loved the songs which they chose! They really made our reception and kept the energy level high all night!

Very Fun

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Meredith M

The Grooves were a very fun band and were able to adapt the music based on the people on the dance floor.

Party all night!

Reviewed on 4/28/2012 Casey T

My husband and I wanted a party atmosphere all night. Since we had a buffet stlye dinner, we wanted our guests to be comfortable on the dance floor from the moment they walked inside. Therefore we didn't want the normal slow, peaceful "dinner" music. The Grooves did just that... Read More after reminding them we didn't want slower music played that much. I think they took that to heart and the day after the wedding, we realized they didn't play 1 single slower song for couples to dance to. It was not a big deal because our guests loved the band and did dance the night away.

Great music, ok service.

Reviewed on 8/28/2011 Jennifer M

The band is very talented and play a wide variety of music. They specialize in dance music and are great at keeping everyone on the dance floor. They didn't follow our timeline as I expected and also didn't say hello to me during the reception. They dress perfectly and clearly... Read More have a lot of experience performing in this type of setting.

2017-06-27T16:46:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the compliments. Just wanted to let you I was following your coordinators orders on when to play. I'm sorry her instructions didn't match your timeline, I always do what your coordinator says as I figure you've hired her for a reason. I headed... Read Less Read More