The Haddon Fortnightly

Haddonfield, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Haddon Fortnightly

With over a century of cultural history and exceptional beauty of The Haddon Fortnightly, the grandeur and elegance of the Haddonfield, New Jersey wedding venue is the picturesque setting many to-be-weds seek. Originally built in 1857 and served as a Methodist Church, the surrounding is that of timeless beauty, romantically alluring for wedding ceremonies and receptions.

The Greek Revival style Clubhouse, dominates the corner of Kings Highway at Grove Street. Polish and refinement enhance the timeless beauty in the heart if colonial Haddonfeild. The Haddon Fortnightly has a maximum capacity of 250 seated dinner guests and 400 ceremony guests and it provides couples with the following space options to host indoor wedding celebrations.

Second Floor Ballroom Atrium. Step into the welcoming entry of The Haddon Fortnightly onto a large terrazzo tile floor through one of three sets of French doors. Be swept away by the beauty of the circular staircases on both sides of the terrazzo that ascend to a balcony that overlooks the foyer and leads guests to the Ballroom. The room is stunning and includes two original staircases built in the 19th century that offer access to a full theatrical balcony. The room also contains a proscenium stage with professional lighting.

First Floor Main Entertaining Space. Beautiful chandeliers and decorative columns add to the loveliness of the Main Entertaining Space. The room features a slightly elevated small stage. Beyond the room is a formal tea room with a large fireplace, an alcove and built-in cabinetry.

Couples hosting their wedding at The Haddon Fortnightly have the best of both worlds; a venue of exceptional beauty and their preferred choices for many amenities such as catering and bar-tending services. All The Haddon Fortnightly wedding packages include a podium and stage, a dance floor, tables and chairs, a baby piano, venue set-up, full kitchen facilities and an on-site manager for the wedding day. On street parking is available as well as an optional valet service. For more information on hosting a wedding at  The Haddon Fortnightly, please contact the venue directly.

The couple and their guests can take advantage of the following perks offered by The Haddon Fortnightly.

• Event coordinator
  • Bridal room
  • Powder room
  • Men’s room
  • Coat closets
  • Commercial kitchen

Where Elegance and 19th Century Charm Meet

Located in quaint colonial Haddonfield, just outside Philadelphia, The The Haddon Fortnightly has captured hearts with its charm and historic presence. We welcome all caterers so your wedding day can truly be customized based upon your needs, budget, and vision! Please contact us today to set up a tour!

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Transportation

301 Kings Highway East, Haddonfield, NJ (856) 428-9040

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Alli D

I just attended a wedding here on Saturday (August 6, 2016) what an amazing venue. I love the location of it, it sits on the corner of this historical towns' Main Street. It screams charming! Outside is beautiful, perfect for pictures! The couple whose wedding I attended had a... Read More send off and we lined the outside while they ran into their car. It was a perfect atmosphere. The pictures are great. Inside, there is nothing but charm! The venue from top to bottom is clean, inviting, and unique. It's not your typical venue and I really enjoyed that. I would recommend this venue to any bride looking, it's fantastic!! I can't say enough good things about it! Your guests will walk away being "wow'ed" just like I did!

2017-07-06T17:35:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review Alli! We are so happy you enjoyed your evening at the venue! We hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed on 2/12/2016

We had our wedding at the Haddon Fortnightly in October, 2014 and could not be happier. The Fortnightly offered an intimate and historic setting for our wedding day that we would not have gotten at a typical wedding banquet hall. The club staff were wonderful to work with and... Read More allowed us to bring in the caterer, band and decorations of our choice, which while adding a little extra planning work for us, only added to the very personal and unique feel of our wedding day. Our guests continue to compliment us on our choice of venue! Pat, the event coordinator worked closely with us as we planned the day's logistics and always made herself available to us for additional questions and follow-up as our wedding day approached. The space is a beautiful setting for a wedding- we were married upstairs and held our reception downstairs with more than enough space for our 150 guests; and, the Fortnightly's location in historic Haddonfield provided a great backdrop for our many wedding photos. When planning our wedding, we were looking for a warm, intimate setting that would also allow us the flexibility to create a personal space for ourselves and our guests- the Haddon Fortnightly did not disappoint and I would encourage anyone planning a wedding or other occasion to consider the Fortnightly.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 DANIELLE B

We were supposed to have our wedding here in September 2008. 6 weeks before my wedding, the ceiling in the basement collapsed and they tried to hide it from me. A week after it happened, I found out from a friend of a relative. I left work and ran over there and found all of... Read More the windows were covered in plastic bags and a dumpster full of debris outside. When I called to ask what was going on, they denied there was a problem. After arguing they admitted what happened and said it would be "probably fine" by my date. They clearly had absolutely no intentions of telling me. I had to now find a new venue, get my invitations reprinted, and change all of my vendors. The women running that place were horrible to deal with and made this whole process much more stressful than it needed to be.

Nice venue, cooperative people

Reviewed on 1/01/2011 Daniel H

We chose the Fortnightly because neither of us belong to a church, but we wanted a more formal, traditional setting. It fit the bill perfectly. The size is perfect for 50 - 125 attendees. It has a lot of opportunity for photos. The custodian was helpful, and once we... Read More connected with the officer from the Fortnightly, she was very cooperative.

Reviewed on 11/02/2010 Katie S

This venue was originally the 3rd United Methodist Church of Haddonfield, and it has been placed on the Historic Registry and converted to a hall. The venue is home to the Women's Club of Haddonfield, and they were gracious and flexible while we toured the place and asked... Read More questions. The venue needed little decoration since it already has its own historic charm; I chose it because it didn't look like the typical ballroom or country club. It is located in a cute downtown area which made parking the biggest problem of the day, but our guests managed without too much trouble. The venue says it holds up to 120 people, but I found that it was perfect for our reception of 85. Any more than 90 would have been a little crowded. The upstairs has a separate room which can be used for the ceremony which we did not take advantage of.