The Happy Couple Photography

New England & Mid-Atlantic

Real. Sweet. Moments.

Hello there! We are Katye & Joe, a husband and wife team who photographs weddings and events throughout New England and the Mid-Atlantic region. No two photographers are alike, and we're no exception, complementing each other with different styles and ideas. Our process is collaborative, from editing photos to blogging about our various adventures with our couples. We look forward to discussing your plans, and sharing our passion for photography with you!

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

New England & Mid-Atlantic (315) 317-0980

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Tricia G

If there were 6 stars I would give them. Joe and Katye (The Happy Couple) did a wonderful job of catching both the big moments and the little moments of our wedding. Their ability to capture everything about "the moment" is incredible, and why we chose them. What I told Joe... Read More directly - "You have brought the entire day and incredible experience back for us, which is all I could hope for my wedding pictures. What you two do - capturing the spirit and emotion of the day - is so special and important, and I will have these photos to cherish forever. That is truly priceless."

Talented Photograpers!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Jacquiline C

We worked with Joe for our engagement and wedding photos. I was immediately a fan of The Happy Couple's work as I was doing my research on photographers, and I was so happy Joe was available on our May wedding date. Joe was super easy to work with, and had an organized process... Read More for everything. And not only were our pictures beautiful, but we got them back in record time! We also appreciated the picture hosting site and format they use to share and distribute our photos. We are so happy Joe was able to capture beautiful pictures on our special day!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Ashley H

We had such a fantastic experience working with Joe and Katye! We did an Engagement Shoot with them in March and the pictures were absolutely stunning and they did such a nice job making what can be a semi-awkward photo shoot fun! As for our wedding, the photos are... Read More unbelievable. They captured the most amazing moments and are true magicians when working with natural light. We have so many gorgeous photos from our sunset shoot. They also did such a great job keeping the photos moving so that family members didn't dominate and our wedding party didn't get cranky! They also responded to questions promptly and turned the photos around very quickly. I would highly recommend working with Joe and Katye and would hire them again given the opportunity!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Lynn G

Simply put, Joe is just amazing! Looking at the proofs proves what a true talent he has. In preparing for the wedding, he was very professional, quick to respond, and has a great personality. We truly could not be any happier with our wedding day experience with Joe and how... Read More incredible the photos came out to capture our special day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Alissa L

We loved Joe and Katye as part of our wedding day, and they produced beautiful pics. Was involved with the dress designer’s special after the fact and had some administrative/business frustrations and were regretfully not allowed to use our photographs. Would recommend the Happy... Read More Couple for couples looking for beautiful shots, but not if you wish to submit them in any forum after the fact. Minor detail and irrelevant in most cases, but should be noted due to our frustrations. Other than that, they are a pleasure to work with and we are very happy with pics!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Ali M

Looking at the pictures is probably proof enough to learn the amazingness of The Happy Couple, but we want to make sure we gave you our thoughts as well! They do not simply take pictures, they capture elements, personalities and intimacy. Through the process of getting to know... Read More you as a couple, Joe and Katye learn who you are, how you interact and the idiosyncrasies that create the foundation of your relationship, and display your essence through their photojournalistic approach. When looking through your album, you will notice the tiny moments, gestures, smiles, embraces, laughs, funny faces that are caught and woven together, as you relive every emotion of the day. Thank you so much Katye and Joe for your incredible talent, kindness and support. We are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Kara O

Joe and Katye were such a pleasure to work with and took away all the stress of getting those perfect shots you dream about on your wedding day. I had some ideas of pictures I wanted to be sure to capture and they were happy to take my shot list. They also got amazing, unique... Read More photos that I never even thought about! It rained on our wedding day which made me nervous about photos but Joe and Katye still got some truly beautiful shots of us and assured me that they had a total handle on the situation, rain or shine! They were so flexible with the weather and I'm so glad we had their expertise. I'm glad we booked both of them because they got separate photos of my husband and I getting ready which was worth a lot to us. Joe and Katye are also incredibly professional and warm. They listened to the vibe I was going for and made sure we were on the same page throughout the entire planning process. There were frequent check-ins and whenever I emailed them with a random question or concern, they were quick to respond. I hardly noticed Joe and Katye on the actual wedding day because they were non-intrusive and professional. I would totally recommend them to anyone looking for talented and experienced photographers. Their shots captured feelings from my wedding day that I can't put into words and that in itself is worth everything!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Arisha T

My new husband and I hired Joe to be our photographer for the wedding day. Having professional photos was THE most important splurge for us, and we definitely didn't go wrong with Joe. His photojournalistic style was exactly what we were looking for and the photos came out... Read More absolutely amazing (and I come from a photography background, so I'm picky!). There was a great balance of candids and posed shots. I never felt that the taking pictures part distracted me from the actual wedding. And I couldn't believe how many photos my husband actually liked! He HATES having his photo taken. My only wish is that we also could have hired Katye to have even more memories beautifully captured.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Kelsey G

To say Joe and Katye are amazingly awesome would be doing them a disservice, because they are so much more than that. Before the big day they took the time to video Skype with us about what we wanted, then sent us some options to get a better sense of what we liked and didn't... Read More like. They also worked with us on identifying the best first look location and modifying our family shot list to fit the schedule. On the wedding day, Joe went to my husband's getting ready place and Katye came to me. Both made themselves invisible while still capturing some of the most spontaneous and lively shots before the ceremony. For our first look, Katye and Joe worked together to get the perfect angles, helped us look natural (needed!) and offered suggestions on how quickly to walk/twirl, where to look, etc. My favorite part of hiring these two is that they made us laugh. They were our friends by the end of the night. The photo turnaround time was helped by the fact that they sent over a sneak peek about a week after the wedding. Such a great way to show off some photos to family and friends immediately. The final album was a full set of all color and a full set of black and white. We were overjoyed with the photos and will treasure them forever. Hire them.

Truly a Happy Photographer

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Lauren W

We do not have our final photos as yet - however, our "sneak peek" photos are fantastic, and I greatly enjoyed our Photographer all of the times I interacted with him. He responded to questions promptly, did exactly what he said he was going to do, and after my mother requested... Read More a "shot-list" he was very dedicated to making sure we got a picture of all the groups we wanted. I hope he had as good a time photographing us, and we had being photographed, and the candid of my father and I pre-ceremony will be framed ASAP :)

Fantastic Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Erin F

Joe and Katye are wonderful to work with. They are both so professional and patient. I felt blessed to have the, there for my wedding day.

documenting every moment I didn't know was happeni

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Heather D

Joe and Katy were fabulous in so many different ways. To start with they are so nice and easy to work with. Katy was at my parents house before the wedding to take pictures of the girls and Joe was with the boys. It was so great. She put my shoes in my childhood doll house... Read More and took pictures which was so meaningful and special. And throughout the night they both captured so many little moments I didn't even know was happening until I saw the pictures. They are so stealth that most people didn't know we had 2 photographers! They are awesome at capturing the candid emotion filled pictures. Something would happen and I would turn around and they were there to capture it, but never in the way. I highly recommend them! I would have made a little more of an extensive shot list for them. I wish I had a few pictures of just myself, the bride posed, but since it didn't happen in real time and wasn't on my shot list it was skipped. But it was partially me forgetting. They also give you duel rights to the photos, so you get all your photos on a DVD and can use them however you want. I just love the endless options this gives me. Thank you so much Joe and Katy for capturing our memories in a way we can remember each moment forever.

YOU WON'T FIND ANYONE BETTER

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Emily B

Joe & Kayte Brier are absolutely amazing. You won't even know they are there taking pictures, but they don't miss a thing! Worth EVERY penny!!

Amazingly Talented!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2012 Emily T

Joe and Katye of The Happy Couple are WONDERFUL!! Not only are they easy to work with, but they are two of the most talented photographers I've seen! Joe is the main photography, and Katye acts as the second photographer if the Bride and Groom wish to hire two...which we did.... Read More They each have their own styles and compliment each other perfectly. While Joe is take the posed shots, Katye is concentrating on details and candids...together they create a complete story of your day! We (and our guests) were unaware of either photographers the entire day, but the 800+ photos that we received proved that they captured every moment of our day! Our guests were blown away with the photos, as were we, and we will cherish them for years to come!! Another great feature of The Happy Couple, is that the price includes either an engagment session, or a photo booth at the wedding!!

Joe Brier is amazing!

Reviewed on 6/13/2011 Gina N

Joe Brier photographed our wedding on May 14, 2011, and he did a phenomenal job!!! He met with me beforehand to check out the chapel at the University of MD where we wed, and also the reception location. He is extremely friendly and easy to work with. The bridal party LOVED... Read More him, and said he did a great job of organizing all of us (20 of us, yikes!) for our photos. The photos turned out amazing, and I am so happy! Joe is very creative and uses a photojournalistic style that I love.