The Inn at Stonecliffe Mansion & Suites

Mackinac Island, MI

Book Your Wedding with The Inn at Stonecliffe Mansion & Suites

A BALLROOM IN MACKINAC ISLAND, MI

Located on beautiful Mackinac Island in Michigan, The Inn at Stonecliffe Mansion & Suites is a wonderful spot for a destination wedding. About 80 percent of Mackinac Island is devoted to Mackinac Island State Park, the second oldest National Park after Yellowstone. Visitors reach the island by ferry, leaving their cars on the mainland.

Stonecliffe Mansion is a historic house built in 1904 that offers incredible views of the bluffs, Lake Huron and Mackinac Bridge. Visitors may choose to stay in the mansion or the Summer House Suites, also located on the estate. There are 16 guest rooms in the mansion and 36 suites in the Summer House.

The Inn at Stonecliffe Manor & Suites has several options for wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Woodland Grotto. This outdoor space is located in a clearing in a cedar forest. Couples can exchange vows under the sweet smelling canopy, while sunlight dapples through the trees. The Woodland Grotto features a lily pond that blooms with lotus flowers in season and a fountain focal point. The Woodland Grotto can accommodate up to 120 guests.

Terraced Lawn. The Terraced Lawn is an outdoor space that offers incredible views of the Straits of Mackinac. Couples can exchange vows on the manicured lawn with Mackinac Bridge framing the ceremony. The Terraced Lawn accommodates up to 120 guests.

Bridgeview Tent. The Inn at Stonecliffe Mansion provides a covered outdoor reception area in the Bridgeview Tent. The tent can be left open or have flaps drawn. The Bridgeview Tent offers views of Lake Huron and the Straits of Mackinac. The Bridgeview Tent can accommodate up to 120 guests.

Lakeview Portico. The Lakeview Portico is the covered porch of the mansion. The Lakeview Portico offers panoramic views of the grounds and bluffs. The portico is only available Sunday through Thursday and can accommodate up to 40 guests.

The Inn at Stonecliffe Mansion has a wedding coordinator on staff. Group rates are available for rooms. The Inn at Stonecliffe Mansion also has a sister hotel, the Harbour View Inn. The Inn at Stonecliffe Mansion hosts weddings of all sizes and even has an elopement package for small weddings with up to 10 guests.

Vehicles are banned on Mackinac Island. Visitors get around by walking, bicycling or taking horse drawn carriages. Couples can make a grand entrance or exit by horse drawn carriage.

The Inn at Stonecliffe has an in house caterer. Tables, chairs and linens are provided by the venue. Dishware, flatware and glassware are provided. Set up and clean up are included. Couples need to arrange for a wedding cake from an outside bakery.

Some of the extra perks available for couples and their guests at the Inn at Stonecliffe Mansion include:

• Outdoor pool
  • Lawn games
  • Bicycle rentals available for overnight guests
  • Stone walls
  • Nature trails
  • Hot breakfast buffet for overnight guests

The Inn at Stonecliffe Mansion & Suites

The Inn at Stonecliffe offers an elegant yet relaxed setting for your Mackinac Island wedding. Our expansive grounds present many lovely sites which provide ideal backdrops for beautiful photographs and a wedding you will always remember.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

8593 Cudahy Circle, Mackinac Island, MI (906) 847-3647

Beautiful wedding location

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Tiffany M

This was the perfect place for our wedding! The hotel, grounds, and view are an absolutely stunning background, especially for pictures! Becky, the event planner, did an excellent job answering our millions of questions during the planning process and helping with last minute... Read More details. She really helped to make our day perfect! All of the staff were wonderful and very helpful! The food was amazing as well! This was the perfect venue for our dream wedding!

Gorgeous, relaxing, but expensive

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Lauren W

This inn is a gorgeous place to get married. The event planner is great and is AMAZING at her job. She'll help with everything, and even helped track down vendors I needed confirmation with. However, she tends to hover around the reception looking for guests who might be... Read More having "too much" fun. I suppose it's to prevent any problems, but it made many of the guests worry that they were doing something wrong. However, the staff is nice and helpful, the food is incredible, the rooms are gorgeous, the grounds are breathtaking, and I truly would recommend this venue. Just be prepared to spend a pretty penny, as there are minimum fees.

Beautiful Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 7/15/2011 Katie T

The Inn at Stonecliffe was a wonderful venue for our June wedding. The wedding coordinator and hotel staff are extremely helpful and accommodating. The view from the terraced lawn and reception tent are unmatched on Mackinac Island. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and... Read More Stonecliffe is to thank!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Makenna D

The Inn at Stonecliffe could not be a more perfect location for a wedding ceremony or reception. We had both there this past September. We first attended the tasting that is offered in May, and we found that the food at the wedding itself was better than the tasting. Mackinac is... Read More still getting up and running in May, and when we went for the tasting, there were concerns. The tent was dirty, the grounds were still coming together. Both of those were corrected for the event itself. There were some fun additions that we wanted to make, and some came to fruition/some didn't. I think that is to be expected. We wanted to add a creme brulee to be served with our wedding cake, which we weren't able to do. Instead, we added Mackinac Island fudge ice cream, which was a hit. We were able to add a soup course to our dinner for a fee, which was something we felt strongly about in case it was very cold (it ended up being 90 degrees, of course). I was still happy we did it because a four course meal to me seemed a little more exciting, and our wedding was small enough to make it a reasonably priced addition. The day-of execution was flawless, and Becky was all over everything that we could have ever ran into. It went off without a hitch! She checked in on me multiple times throughout the event, and the chef checked in with us as well, which was a great touch. My only advice to Stonecliffe brides would be that if there is something you are interested in, ask once, and then ask again just to make sure there is no way of making it work, if it is something you feel really strongly about. Other than that, everything was perfect, and I can't imagine we would have had a better wedding anywhere else!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Lindsey V

This little gem tucked in the back woods of Mackinac Island is an absolute dream! Becky was so wonderful to work with, she made my planning experience flawless and trouble-free. She was overly helpful and quick to get ahold of, even during their offseason. Eric was very... Read More accommodating, as well as the rest of the staff. I would recommend this venue to any bride and their sister location Harbor View Inn, solely on the opportunity to work with Becky Miller. Great experience and amazing memories! Someone should write an editorial on her and her presence in the wedding industry, a renowned asset to Mackinac Island!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Kate R

The Inn at Stonecliffe is a magical place to get married and a hidden gem on the island. The grounds are stunning, the view of the bridge is unmatched, and the its location 2 miles from the main street make it seem like you are on an island within an island! We were married in... Read More the Grotto in August and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Becky, the wedding coordinator, made planning a breeze and was a huge help navigating the intricacies of the island. She was so helpful and accommodating the weekend of the wedding, and made sure everything was taken care of. Highly recommend the Inn at Stonecliffe if you are thinking of having a wedding on the island - perfect for both small intimate weddings and larger parties!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

I had the most magical experience here for my wedding! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting or a more wonderful helpful staff. I have had soooo many compliments on our wedding and couldn't imagine a better setting! Truly amazing!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Angela M

We got married Oct 9, 2015 in the backyard of the Mansion and had our reception for 19 people on the back portico overlooking the Mackinac Bridge. This setting is so beautiful and magical. Becky the wedding coordinator did an excellent job from start to finish. I felt like I... Read More had so many questions throughout the planning process that I was going to annoy her. She answered them all as they came in with kindness. The meal was amazing too, steaks cooked perfectly, so juicy and delicious. Service was prompt. We couldn't have ask for more for our special day!

Fairy tale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Pamela J

The Inn at Stonecliffe was the perfect location for a fairytale wedding. The woodland grotto presents a storybook setting for the guests and is a magical experience for the bride and wedding party to walk into. The private setting in the cedar trees makes you feel like you are... Read More in your own forest away from everything, but the water fountain and beautiful flowers.

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Jillian M

I am so glad my husband and I chose the Inn at Stonecliffe for our wedding. It was the ideal location for the kind of wedding we dreamed of. We had a beautiful ceremony in the lush grotto. The Bridgeview tent was a great space for the reception, the food was excellent and the... Read More staff extremely helpful. We loved that it was a bit off the beaten path, and enjoyed the huge expanse of lawn that guests could take a stroll around. We stayed in both buildings of the Inn and loved the unique styles of both types of rooms, which were all very well maintained. Becky was great to work with, helping us through every stage of the planning process, and Margaret and the rest of the staff on the weekend of our event made everything run so smoothly between getting all of our luggage to the Inn, setting up and tearing down tables/chairs and all of our decorations, serving our guests, etc. It was truly the perfect day thanks to everyone at the Inn at Stonecliffe!

Absolutely Perfect Wedding Weekend at Stonecliffe

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Amanda P

Where do we even begin… Everything at The Inn at Stonecliffe was absolutely perfect, beyond anything we ever imagined our day could be. Becky and Nelorean were a dream to work with. From the moment I woke up to start my day, to the time we finally called it a night, they were... Read More there to accommodate any request. The service was beyond exceptional and the food was delicious! Our family and friends are still talking about how amazing our wedding was!! They really handled everything for us so that we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Becky made the whole process easy early on by helping recommend vendors so we could just use everyone right on the island. We used the following vendors, who I would also like to recommend and recognize for their outstanding service! Photographer – Andrejka Photography – SPLURGE on her you will not regret it. Our wedding photos look straight out of a magazine!!! She also knew all the good spots and helped move through the family and bridal party pictures quickly. DJ - MICA Entertainment – Patrick was amazing – he really knows how to throw a party! Hire him from start to finish! Ceremony, cocktail hour, and your reception. He’s a wonderful MC and he makes everything flow so nicely and professionally. Florist - Margarets Garden – We worked with Laurie and she was so sweet and accommodating. We didn’t have a big budget for flowers, but that didn’t matter, she still treated our order like it was for the royal family. Our flowers were STUNNING!!! Party Favors – Joann’s Fudge!! Because what else would you give your guests while you’re on Mackinac Island. We had personalized boxes in our 2 favorite flavors, chocolate and peanut butter. Cake – Bella E Dolce – AMAZING!!!! Minister – Tom Marx – He kept it short, sweet, simple and to the point!! It was a beautiful ceremony. Decorations – Keep it simple, that breathtaking backdrop is really all you need. We had some paper lanterns, and cloth napkin centerpiece (which are now our keepsake home napkins), table number sign and the flowers from Margaret’s. Our ceremony was in the Woodland Ghrotto so we didn’t do any decorations. We did pass out paper fans in our wedding colors. That was it. You can see some of our pictures on Instagram #degraafwedding2014 Trust your day in their hands, you will be able to relax and enjoy your special day!! xo Amanda and Dean

Most romantic wedding venue in northern Michigan

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Gina B

Staff was top notch. Fulfilled all of our needs and wants. It is a very unique place to have a wedding, whether its 50 people or 150 people. All of our guests were blown away. Couldn't have asked for a better or more romantic place then the Inn at Stonecliffe.

Meet The Director of Sales

Becky Miller

I have been planning weddings since 2010 and started with the Inn at Stonecliffe in 2012. I love working with couples and their families to help create amazing memories. The Inn at Stonecliffe is such an amazing venue, I consider myself lucky to get to share that with others. My family and I love spending our summers on the island, going on long walks and bike rides!