The Island House

Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Tented

Planning, Rentals + Equipment

2658 Swygert blvd, Charleston, SC (843) 647-4362

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Elisabeth M

The setting was perfect for what we wanted, an outdoor wedding that was classy, elegant and still simple. The venue was beautiful and our pictures of the day came out gorgeous. The venue was easy to work with and came with the tent, tables & chairs which was great. I would... Read More highly recommend them to brides who want an outdoor wedding in a beautiful water-front setting.

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Andrea H

I got married at the Island House in the beginning of April and it was the absolute perfect wedding venue! The venue itself is stunning, and Lynn was so helpful throughout the whole process! She was very responsive to all of our questions and even gave me some suggestions for... Read More other vendors, which was a huge help for me! The inside of the house was perfect for the whole wedding party to get ready in the day of while still keeping the girls and guys separated. And it was so much fun to be right there and be able to see the setup process and everything come together the day of. Our guests could not stop raving about the beautiful setting and how smoothly everything ran! Our entire experience was amazing, I could not have asked for anything better for our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Taylor J

We cannot say enough about this venue! Lynn is great to work with, the view is fantastic, and everything is right in the same location. There are a ton of different photo opportunities and there is a constant breeze coming off the water. We couldn't have asked for a better place... Read More for our wedding!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Terri E

I cannot begin to express how AMAZING this venue and Lynn, the coordinator from the Island House, were for our wedding. The venue itself is a gem! It was such a beautiful background for our wedding and provided beautiful space for the ceremony and reception. I love the house... Read More where you can get ready on site and the tent set up on the water was great space for our reception. We also used the front of the house for cocktail hour. I also could not have pulled off our wedding the way we did without Lynn. Her coordination services went above and beyond what we would have expected! She was so sweet and easy to work with, very responsive throughout the process, and very calm and amazingly helpful on the day of our wedding. It was a bit windy on our wedding day, which changed up a couple of our plans and Lynn was so great in helping us with Plan B's as needed. I would hire her again in a heartbeat!! Thank you so much to Lynn and the Island House for making our special day so perfect!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Kiesha C

What are the hours of operation because I CANNOT get in contact with ANYONE?!?

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Gina R

My daughter and her fiancé fell in love with The Island House the first time they saw it! Later Lynn took my daughter and me on a tour. We loved having the room for the girls to get ready, have their make up and hair done and hang out upstairs while the guys did the same... Read More downstairs. During the whole planning process Lynn answered countless questions so patiently-even when I asked the same ones over and over! The setting is gorgeous! The property affords lots of options for having the ceremony facing the river, the cocktail hour in the front of the house and the reception in and around the tent. There's also lots of room for kids of all ages to play yard games! We were blessed with a a beautiful sunny day at the beginning of March. Unfortunately it was a bit chillier and windier that we would have liked but the sides to the tent and a couple of heaters outside did the trick! My daughter and her new husband exited on a boat that evening after the reception...very fun!! What a great place for a wedding!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Courtney K

I cannot rave enough about Lynn and the Island House. From the beginning, Lynn was super excited and uber helpful. She was open to ideas and suggestions throughout the entire planning process and was able to change things on the fly when needed (like the sudden plummet in... Read More temperature)! Since we planned the wedding ourselves, Lynn's day-of coordination was a Godsend, and we know it would not have been as beautiful or magical without her there. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lynn and all of the Island House staff for making our wedding a day that people still talk to us about!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Jess H

My fiance and I searched high and low to find the perfect waterfront venue in Charleston. As soon as we arrived at The Island House, we knew it was going to be where we got married. It boasts stunning views of serene water and untouched land in the distance. The ceremony site is... Read More gorgeous and the permanent tent is in the perfect location so guests can enjoy the water all night. The house serves as a beautiful back drop for photos and was so spacious inside. We loved having the whole upstairs for the ladies and downstairs for the men as we got ready. We also just loved the quirky interior design left by the previous owner... it made for some incredible and fun photo ops. When our wedding had to be postponed due to Hurricane Matthew, Lynn was so kind and compassionate. They offered to reschedule our date at no extra charge and even threw in a few extras that we would need since the weather would now be chilly for our new date. The day was absolutely flawless in the end and all of our out-of-town guests (most of the 130 people) were in awe of the beauty of the property. The value and beauty you get with The Island House is simply unmatched in Charleston. We are so glad we went with this venue!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016

The Island House is a wonderfully intimate venue with lovely service! I just got married there and am so happy with my venue of choice! I have no complaints whatsoever and loved the beauty of the venue. All of our guests enjoyed themselves and we could not have asked for a more... Read More lovely venue to say "I Do"!

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Emily B

We had the most amazing wedding at the Island House! It was a beautiful venue with the most amazing sunsets! We paid a little extra to get inside the house earlier so we wouldn't be rushed. It was worth it! Being able to look out the window from the bridal room and seeing... Read More everything being set up was awesome. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was! If you choose this site, be sure to bring bug spray lol I still have some bug bites. I would pick this venue again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Alyssa V

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect at The Island House! I loved how much they included with the price and it was the most beautiful venue. Lynn was always very helpful and kind and had the answers! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect location! Thank you, Island... Read More House!

November Wedding at The Island House

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Rachel S

This venue is absolutely stunning and perfect if you are looking to be married outdoors by the water at a venue that offers privacy and creates a great ambience for your guests. We had our wedding here in early November and it was the most perfect day, we could not have been... Read More more happy with the venue and the service provided by the team that runs this place. We would highly recommend this place and are so happy we found it for our special day.

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Jade G

I live in Charleston, SC and have been to many weddings at various venues across the area. Days after we got engaged, we knew we wanted to check out the Island House. My fiance was flying back to California later that day, so we called hoping to get to view it, but were not... Read More hopeful since it was so last minute. They were so helpful and accommodating and got us in! We were so impressed with the home, the land and the view! There is no view like it in Charleston, a river view with no other development! Lynn was available for our wedding day to be the coordinator. This was single handedly the best wedding decision we made! We ended up planning most of our wedding from across the country, and while that might seem daunting, Lynn was a rockstar and held it down! When reviewing all of our rental orders, she even offered a recommendation to change the table cloths from an all white to an off white to help match the decorated pumpkins that our florist made. We were so happy she did this, because that slight change made a very impressive difference. Local Roots Florist works closely with The Island House and they are just as amazing. Loved that the Island House had the bridal suite and the Man Cave for the dudes! Best venue in Charleston!! Lynn Rocks!

Island House Review

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Natasha P

The Island House is a very beautiful wedding and event location. Lynn, the Island house event coordinator, was a wonderful commodity to have throughout the initial viewing and question stage. Again, I must reiterate how beautiful this location is and we just feel in love with it... Read More the very first time we pulled up; it simply felt perfect! Our guests were also truly impressed by the venue. On the day of the wedding Paul, the owner of the location, came out to answer a few questions I had regarding extra materials around the property and was extremely helpful. We were truly impressed that the owner went out of his way to make sure that everything was perfect for us and made the day that much more special. No one was simply looking to make money and treated the day as if it was one of their own.

Island House Wedding

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Brittany M

Let me start off with the positive... this venue is absolutely beautiful. The service and help we got up to the day of the wedding was nothing short of wonderful. Emails and questions were promptly answered. My guests loved the venue and it was truly a beautiful day. Now for the... Read More not so great... we did not like that the house was only available for the bridal party for a couple of hours (3 to be exact) before the wedding started. I was excited to have all of my girls and I get ready together in the bridal suite on the big day and just relax and have fun. Well, with a big bridal party and lots of girls to get ready, there is just not enough time to get ready on site. Last minute, we had to book and pay for a hotel room so that we could all get ready together there because we did not want to have to rush and knew that that was just not enough time. Now the part that really upset me- The wedding was set to conclude at 10:30 pm. I sent a document with all of the details that we were required to fill out with our start and ending times. Also, many emails were sent back and forth asking questions about timing and stating when we would arrive and when the wedding would conclude. Everything was said to be great. Well, the big day went off without a hitch! Everything was absolutely perfect-until someone barged in to the reception in front of all of my guests, made a big scene, and demanded that we needed to leave because we were supposed to be out by 10 and it was past 10. We nicely tried to explain to him that we had until 10:30. He did not listen to us at all. It was completely embarrassing to me. He even YELLED at our vendors that they needed to pack up and get out. It was done in front of my guests and not privately at all. Then, we had police officers show up. I just couldn't believe all of it. It was a mess. After such a perfectly planned out day, I just couldn't believe that it was ending in that way. Everyone was looking at us like we had done something wrong. All of the guests just took off. We had a special last dance that we prepared for everyone. Also, we spent tons of money on our grand exit that was pretty much nonexistent because everyone except for a handful of guests left as quickly as they could because they thought we were in trouble. This is a beautiful place to get married. Up until the last 30 minutes of our reception, it was the most amazing day. I just wanted to warn everyone using this venue to please check, double check, and triple check all of the rules and the timing details. I would never wish for any bride to have to have a conclusion to their special day like mine.

Poor experience/don't get much for your money

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Emilee B

While I didn't have my wedding here, I planned a visit from out of town to tour this venue. The night before, I was informed no one would be there to direct our tour or answer our questions. Keep in mind I scheduled this weeks in advance. We went ahead and did a self-guided the... Read More tour, and we were highly disappointed the minute we drove up. The security guard informed us the house was locked and he didn't know anyone with keys (not to mention-there was a wedding later that day!). The house ended up being unlocked, but the alarms went off -- no one ever came to check. We toured quickly and after seeing many other venues, I can't believe how expensive this venue was. While the property is beautiful and tent is nice, the house is extremely outdated inside and guests' aren't allowed in. In my opinion, this place is not managed well & overpriced.

The Perfect Ceremony/ Reception Location

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Megan M

The Island House was a venue I fell upon very early in my search for the perfect wedding. When I scheduled my visit I instantly knew my search was over. Lynn at the Island House is amazing in helping with the coordination of the day and minor details that a bride is too busy... Read More to think about! She made everything run so smoothly on the wedding day and weeks up until the day. The flowers, water, and scenery make the Island House a spectacular and memorable setting for a wedding.

Fantastic Venue

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Jessica B

We were married at The Island House, and I could not have been more pleased with this venue. Besides being a beautiful property on the water, the venue rental includes a tent, tables, and chairs along with other options. The inside of the house has nice bridal and groom suites... Read More in which to get ready. It is an ideal place to have both the ceremony and reception. Lynn is very accommodating and easy to work with.

Ah-Mazing

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Maura L

We had our wedding here on May 3, 2014. It was beyond everything we had imagined. The staff is very helpful, and the view is more than breathtaking. I highly recommend anyone to check this place out. With the venue cost there are many added bonuses--from chairs and tables to... Read More tents, a permanent floor and power. This venue has it all. They were so helpful and gracious to allow us access many times before the wedding to finalize details, burying the bourbon and more. I wouldn't change a thing! Every one of our guests is still raving about the wedding! It would not have been the same without this venue and all the staffs help for sure.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Noelle N

We absolutely loved this venue! The scenery was so beautiful. The wildflower field, sunflower field, and the view of the water really gave us a variety of options for our professional photos. Our guests were amazed at the beauty that surrounded them. We used the inside of the... Read More house to get ready as well...which proved to be useful. The staff was very friendly and communicated well and quickly throughout the planning process.

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Janice B

The venue was very beautiful. We utilized the venue for our reception only. Our guests loved the location and the scenery. The house and its decor is very beautiful which presents such a comfortable atmosphere. The only downside, is that the house is only available for access... Read More for a set amount of hours versus having accessibility for the entire day.

Amazing location

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Andreas G

We held our ceremony and reception at the beautiful Island House. The site is absolutely fantastic and breathtaking. Our guests were so impressed with the location! We felt comfortable and welcome from the very first second we started talking to Lynn. Everything was taken care... Read More of and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. If you want an amazing location with fantastic views, you should definitely go with the Island House. We had guests from Europe and Asia and they all said they have never attended a wedding at such a beautiful place.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Jessica T

I just had my wedding at the Island House on 6/15/13 and could not be happier. It is a beautiful setting, my guests couldn't stop raving about it! And Lynn, the on site coordinator was the best money I spent on the wedding. She is amazing, so helpful, calm and accommodating. I... Read More highly recommend the IH to any bride looking for a beautiful and serene setting for their day!

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 4/11/2013 Allison L

I got marreid at The Island House on March 16 and it was truly the best decision we made in our wedding planning process. Things couldn't have gone more smoothly, we lucked out with the most gorgeous Charleston day and my guests still haven't stopped talking about how beautiful... Read More the venue was! Also, Lynn was my day of coordinator (she works at The Island House) and she was AMAZING! I cannot recommend her enough if you are looking for some planning/coordinating help. She definitely went above and beyond for us and our day was truly the best one of my life thus far! Highly recommened her and this place!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 12/21/2012 Meaghan B

This venue is beautiful. Gorgeous house that backs up to the Stono River. Every single person that attended our wedding has mentioned how pretty and perfect our venue was!