The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art

Guest Capacity

Waterfront, Museum, Historic Venue

5401 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota, FL

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 shelbye s

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE ON EARTH! We are so happy we got married here. We worked with Stevie who was nothing short of amazing. She was so personable and nice, and made sure everything was perfect for us. The grounds are breathtaking and our guests were astonished.

Reviewed on 2/05/2016

I had my wedding ceremony at the Ca 'd'Zan mansion during the day and it was an AWFUL experience! First of all the staff were all extremely rude to my guests and I. Then the coordinator (Stevie) was no where to be found for my rehearsal (even though we agreed she would be there... Read More to confirm that everything we wanted set up was ok so we could could get our deposit back). She left early that day and didn't inform me, when I called her she didn't answer. Then the day of the wedding, she said she would be there to tell the chair rental delivery guys where to put the chairs and again no where to be found. When my wedding planner showed up to set up everything for the ceremony at the time we agreed on the staff told them they couldn't do anything until Stevie arrived and she arrived way later. She was extremely rude and stayed out of sight most of the time. When we arrived to take photos they wouldn't even drive us around in the golf cart (even though i was wearing a ballgown and we previously mentioned i would need one). Then they made a big fuss about us having to pay to take photos there even though I tried to explain to them it was part of our package that we had 2 hours to take photos. Also I had disabled guests (my grandfather) and they made him walk the long way to the mansion and provided absolutely no directions or indication about were the wedding is even though Stevie said they would. We had guests calling our parents asking how to get to the Ca d'Zan from the main building because nobody would help them. Then when the processional began it was almost as if they purposely decided to drive their golf carts right in the middle of where the bridal party was walking down the aisle. I understand they couldn't shut down the whole museum since it was during the day but they could have waited at least 10 minutes for the processional to be done. When one of my guests asked them to have some decency and wait the driver of the cart got out and made a huge scene. All of this really took away from my wedding day. After the wedding we contacted them to see if we would get the deposit back and they hung up. After a few attempts they told us we wouldn't get it back because the terms were violated. How convenient considering I asked Stevie to come and see everything and let us know if we were breaking any rules and she ignored me. It was a beautiful location but if you aren't going to have both ceremony and reception there beware they will treat you very poorly since you're only spending $3600 and not $9000. If they didn't want my business thats fine they should have sent me away instead of humiliating my husband and I on our wedding day and causing unnecessary stress!

A Dream Venue

Reviewed on 4/21/2014 Molly K

Ringling is by far one of our favorite places on earth. It is so spectacular! The venue creates the most amazing photo op options. Our pictures are so much nicer because of where we are in the pics! Our guests were blown away. We used the courtyard area and had each level... Read More devoted to different parts of the event - Ceremony tier 1; Cocktail hour tier 2; Reception tier 3. Guests were also able to walk through the museum which was extra special. Our wedding planner, Maria Brady with Choreographed Events handled all of the communication and details with Ringling and it was PERFECT!

STUNNING!

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Krystina M

We held both our ceremony and reception at the Ca d'Zan Mansion at Ringling. It sits right on the Sarasota Bay and is honestly the most breathtaking venue I have ever seen! Our pictures are incredible and everyone keeps telling us it looks like a dream! There are a lot of... Read More restrictions, but it is TOTALLY worth it! There is no better venue in all of Florida!

my dream wedding

Reviewed on 5/05/2013 valorie m

I absolutely loved having my wedding at the ca d'zan mansion at Ringling. My husband and I both love the outdoors and being on the water and I've always had a love for fine art so it was an easy decision to have the wedding there. The wedding was amazing and it was even supposed... Read More to rain that day and it turned out to be the perfect whether for an outside wedding. I really loved how guests got to tour the downstairs mansion while we were taking our wedding photos. With that said if your going to have your wedding at such an amazing venue, it comes at a high cost. Its extremely expensive to have a wedding there and you have so many rules you have to follow. I understand the rules, its a historical and beautiful mansion and they want to keep it that way. In general everybody was really nice. I worked with Holly and Stevie and they were both super nice and helpful. Some, not all, of the staff and security not so nice. They watch you like a hawk there and can be rude if they see you doing something they don't approve of. Both my planner and my wedding party got yelled at during the rehearsal for standing in areas they shouldn't of, I guess? I'm glad they have good security but it was a little extreme and they could be a little nicer. Were paying a lot of money to have our wedding there and its kind of a damper when were getting discipled over miniscule things. But not all Ringling staff was like that, just some. With everything all said and done I absolutely loved my wedding there. Its was stunning and I have no regrets. If you want a beautiful wedding no one will forget, have it there. But word to the wise, make sure you choose a dry month. I lucked out with the weather but we ended up having to rent a tent the week of because a high percent of rain and thats a big last minute expense.

Stunning Venue!

Reviewed on 3/27/2013 Courtney W

The Ringling has lots of rules, but they were amazing in the planning process and the day of. The weather quickly changed and we had to use a tent for our outdoor reception. They were very accommodating. You can't be the location and the beautiful venue!

Can't Beat the Atmosphere

Reviewed on 12/08/2011 Ashley M

If it wasn't for location, location, location for this venue I wouldn't have selected them. Although the staff was wonderful thier rules and restrictions are extreme but I guess that's expected for a museum. They have breath taking views and with the mansion on the water you... Read More can't beat this for a wedding location. As long as you can haggle them on the bar costs (only one vendor so they can kill you on price) and get a caterer that knows thier way around the property, they're great!

Best location for a wedding

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Chris R

We were married at the Ca 'd'Zan mansion, which is JOhn and mable Ringling's home. The terrace is on the water, and the wedding was at sunset. It was awesome. In fact, the sun set over the water during the cocktail hour, the stars came out during dinner, and we partied... Read More like rockstars - like 1920's rockstars - and all of our guests loved the place. We looked at the Selby, the Crosley, the Ritz, and, frankly, they are like comparing McDonalds to Bern's steakhouse in Tampa. We're not even talking the same league, here. Grooms, if you want to make your fiancee happy, swing by the Ringling on a Saturday afternoon around 4 pm while they are setting up for someone's wedding and check out the mansion. It is even better than the museum, and despite all the warnings on the paperwork that Holly is going to give you, it is a fantastic venue where you can party like elegant rockstars.

What a wondeful location for a wedding!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Lisa M

I got married in the Courtyard of the John and Mable Ringling Museum! It was spectacular! I had my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the same location! If it had rained they had a nice rain back up plan and no tents were required to be rented! I would highly recommend... Read More this venue to anyone planning to get married in the Sarasota, Venice, Bradenton, Tampa area!

No other place like it!

Reviewed on 9/30/2011 Kristen S

The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is such an exquisite place. The architecture and everything about it is beautiful, and my guests were simply BLOWN away! It's also located by the beach, so guests were able to enjoy the city/beach while visiting, and there were... Read More multiple hotel options. Holly at the Ringling was wonderful to work with and extremely helpful. I'm an artist, so this venue suited me perfectly. I loved how guests were able to actually walk through the museum part (we had the reception/ceremony in the courtyard as opposed to the mansion). Keep in mind that it is a museum, so you are restricted on what you can/can't do decor wise. Also, although it's pricey to rent the venue alone, you have to bring in everything else like chairs, tables, etc. On the plus, the gardens are so beautiful you don't have to have a huge decor or floral budget! Another great thing about it is the photo opps. There are beautiful banyan trees, and again the architecture is wonderful. I can't wait to see the pics!

beautiful

Reviewed on 3/31/2011 A F

Love it!

The best venue in the state

Reviewed on 10/10/2010 Jason L

We reserved the Ringling after having trouble with our original venue, Kate Atkin was very helpful and sweet and just wanted to do everything in her power to make sure our day was magical. Our wedding was held in the courtyard and they gave us access to the north wing of the... Read More museum so our guests could experience the museum as well. We had an issue with one the the Ringling's preferred vendors, and when we notified Kate Atkin of the issue, she was on it and remedied the situation immediately. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a wedding with style that will create a lasting memory for your guests, and will make you the envy of ever other bride!!!

Review for The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Danielle B

I LOVED the atmosphere. All of our guests raved about the beauty of the venue and we have been told by almost everyone that it was the best wedding they have ever been to.