Classical, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Klezmer, Latin

Ceremony, Wedding

Live Music, Music

125 Allview Ave., Brewster, NY (845) 279-4828

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Mallory P

The Jon Bates Band is the perfect wedding band regardless of venue, time, day, or anything else. Jonny is responsive and flexible and can literally play anything you could possibly imagine. The professional musicians in his band have years of experience and can adapt to any... Read More and all requests. Our first dance was reggae, my wife's dance with her father was pop, and my dance with my mother was southern rock. All were played to the note, and all were outside the 200 song available playlist. I can not recommend this band enough.

Simply Amazing, Fantastic Wedding Band

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 I S

My wife and I booked The Jon Bates Band for our wedding this past summer. I always knew I wanted live music at my reception, but I've been to several ceremonies where a sub-par band really ruins the vibe. As a musician myself, I know how challenging it can be to recreate the... Read More sound of everyone's favorite songs and to play a variety of music that pleases a diverse range of ages and tastes. The Jon Bates Band just killed it! These musicians are deeply talented, consummate professionals. They nailed hit after hit, breathing new life into old favorites and playing with the perfect blend of joyful energy and technical proficiency. They handled the flow of the reception flawlessly and responded to the energy in the crowd in a way that only a seasoned wedding band can. There were numerous times on the dance floor when guests would come up to me, point at the band, and just stand there with their jaws dropped. People talked about it for weeks. It made our day! Many thanks to Jon Bates and his crew of wonderful musicians.

Great Band

Reviewed on 5/05/2014

I would recommend the Jon Bates band for any special event. They were absoutley great!!! They all were kind people and professional. They sang all the special request songs that I gave them. All my family and friends loved them and they sitll talk about it today. I know... Read More that the Jon Bates Band left us with wonderful memories of song and dance.

Best choice we made!

Reviewed on 9/01/2013

I am typically skeptical of 5 star reviews, but this rating accurately captures my experience with this band. My husband and I are serious music lovers and my husband sings in a band so we had very high expectations for our wedding band. We did not want it to be cookie cutter... Read More and we got exactly what we were looking for. Jon Bates Band is a great balance of providing you with the wedding essentials while also being true musicians/performers. You can tell they are fully enjoying themselves. They greatly exceed all expectations we had. Our guests continuously rave about how great they were. They were delightful to work with-so responsive to us. You can trust that they will play what they play best. And they are also very responsive to learning songs and taking requests. The music sounded awesome and people were dancing from the beginning of the reception until an hour after it was supposed to end. They were happy to extend their contract an extra hour. We had an Adele song as our first dance and the female vocalist did an amazing job which is incredibly hard to do. We have friends whose wedding bands were more than twice and even three times the price and not as good as Jon Bates Band. They were one of the best choices we made in our wedding planning process. You can rest easy if you book this band.

The Jon Bates Band Made Our Wedding

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Amy R

We were so thrilled to have the Jon Bates Band play at our wedding in June, they were truly the heart and soul of the reception. Jon was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. The band learned our wedding song and played it amazingly. They engaged our... Read More guests and played the perfect mix of music - the dance floor was overflowing throughout the entire evening. If you're looking for an incredibly talented group of musicians who are fantastic to plan with and even more fun to dance to, The Jon Bates Band is the total package.

Great Music = Great Party!

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Gretchen H

Jon Bates and his musicians were absolutely fabulous. My fiancé and I are both musicians (along with many of our friends and colleagues who attended the wedding), so live music was a very important part of our reception. Jon was excellent with communicating before the event. Any... Read More questions or concerns that I had were promptly addressed. There were several songs that I had requested that were not listed on the group's song list, and they were able to perform all of our extra requests. The Jon Bate's Band kept people on the dance floor all night long. Even at the very end of the night, the dance floor was so full that we decided to extend the reception. And the group was very flexible, when we came up to them 10 minutes before the planned end of the night and asked them to stay longer so that people could continue dancing. We received SO many compliments on the music (which coming from other musicians who we know to be judgmental, we were very pleased), and heard over and over again what a great time everyone had, even weeks after the event. I would highly recommend The Jon Bates Band.

Even better than expected!

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Annemarie M

We booked The Jon Bates Band without ever hearing them live before our wedding, and we were pleasantly surprised. Jon was easy to work with and was open to our ideas and requests. He was also very helpful in making decisions about ceremony music etc. The band has a way of... Read More interpreting songs so that they still sound like the original, but not like a cheesy cover band. Many of our guests commented on how great they were. I definitely recommend using them for your wedding!

Let's just say, they're freakin' amazing

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 elisabeth M

Jon and his band are incredible. Jon answered EVERY e-mail I wrote with thorough, kind, informative responses and his band performed an amazing show for our wedding. Their talents are unmatched and they bring an energy with them that's unreal. We are so grateful to all those who... Read More have reviewed them in the past because all of those amazing reviews were dead-on and without them we would have potentially missed hiring them. I hope my review can bring the same amount of excitement and information those reviews brought me. Thank you, Jon and Band, you MADE our wedding!