The Landing Restaurant

Newport, RI

Book Your Wedding with The Landing Restaurant

A BALLROOM IN NEWPORT, RI

The Landing Restaurant in Newport, Rhode Island, invites couples to its distinctive venue for upcoming wedding receptions. Located on the historic Bowen's Wharf in the downtown district, The Landing offers everything you might expect from an authentic dockside venue. With both inside and outside event spaces, you can customize your wedding reception to create exactly the event you desire. The full facility will accommodate up to 300 guests.

The Waterfront Room. Situated right on the doc, The Waterfront Room features walls of windows facing right out onto the water and skylights in the ceiling. This abundant natural light gives the dining room an airy feel. The Waterfront Room opens out onto the covered deck. This space will accommodate up to 100 guests.

Covered Deck. Enjoy waterfront dining in the open air for your wedding reception. This space offers all the appealing sights and smells of the ocean while you celebrate.

The event and banquet staff at The Landing are accomplished experts when it comes to planning flawless wedding receptions. The staff will consult with you to help you plan exactly the wedding reception event you desire with dining, dancing and entertainment.

The culinary team will prepare delectable passed hors d'oeuvres for the cocktail reception. Some of the possibilities include crab cakes, vegetarian stuffed mushrooms, pulled BBQ chicken sliders and fresh oysters on the half shell. Platters and display hors d'oeuvres are also available. You can also choose stations for the cocktail reception. A carving station and a raw bar station are available.

For dinner, you have three options. You can choose a buffet that includes mixed greens, clam chowder, bread and entrées such as herb-marinated chicken breast and Atlantic salmon. The buffet also includes sides and a dessert. A plated dinner begins with soup and salad. Entrée options include lobster macaroni and cheese and filet mignon. Dessert options include tiramisu and key lime pie. You could also opt for a New England clam bake for your wedding reception. The facility includes one wait person for every 20 guests.

The Landing also offers a variety of bar options for your event. Choose from an open bar with beer and wine only or add liquor to the package. The open bar can last for a specific time or you can place a specific dollar amount on the service. You can also opt for a cash bar for your reception.

When planning wedding receptions, the staff at The Landing apply all of their vast expertise to the task to ensure that every reception is an unforgettable success. The staff welcomes your special requests. Some amenities are also available.

• Gluten-free desserts are available upon request
  • Add a signature drink to your beverage service package

Newport Waterfront Weddings and Rehearsal Dinners

The Landing Restaurant is located dockside at the end of Newport‘s historic Bowen‘s Wharf. With cool ocean breezes and a commanding view of Newport Harbor, The Landing offers some of the best views. Whether your group is 50 or 300, The Landing Restaurant can accommodate your special event needs.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

30 Bowen's Wharf, Newport, RI (401) 847-4514

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Melissa G

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Landing on May 14, 2016, and I cannot say enough good things!! The location was beautiful and the perfect spot for our event. The Landing hit every requirement we had for a venue - especially on price. You cannot, cannot beat the... Read More incredibly reasonable cost of an event at The Landing, especially given the location. Located in the middle of Newport on Bowen's Wharf, The Landing is exactly where we hoped to be married, and we never expected to be able to get exactly what we wanted at such a reasonable price. The event room with 3 walls of french doors gives you an incredible view of Newport Harbor. And the food!! The food was absolutely delicious. I could not be happier with our choice. Every moment of working with Amanda was easy, enjoyable, and I knew we were in good hands. I trusted her judgment, and would choose The Landing again and again for any special event. If you are looking for Newport, with gorgeous views, amazing food, and a reasonable price...look no further than The Landing. It is absolutely the best choice you could make!!

Best Reception Spot!

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Ashley P

Our wedding reception had 70 guests, and The Landing was perfect for what we were looking for: waterfront views, an intimate setting, a bar near the dance floor, and good food & service. They met all of our expectations...and more. :) The food was DELICIOUS (our guests are... Read More still raving about the filet mignon)....the service was EXCELLENT...and Amanda who helped put together the night was nothing but AMAZING to work with. So happy with how everything turned out. HIGHLY recommend this location for an event under 100 people. (70 was just the right amount) Plus, they recently renovated the 2nd floor where our reception was held, so the atmosphere was just beautiful!

Perfect reception.....

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Jenda P

The Landing was a perfect location for our reception. From the beginning, we worked with Amanda. She was amazing throughout the entire planning. She always offered valuable suggestions/recommendations. The restaurant was a great size was great for our 95 guest count. It was... Read More big enough where everyone was comfortable, but still maintain an intimate vibe. The food was amazing, the sunset was beautiful, and being on the water was quintessential New England! Our wedding was September 19, and it got too cool to really utilize the side patio. I would definitely recommend starting cocktail hour a little early (ours started at 6) to take advantage and witness the beautiful sunset. All our guests couldn't stop raving about the restaurant and have said they will go back. We would highly recommend the Landing.....you'll have a magical evening! We did!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Nicole A

We had our Welcome Party for over 100 guests at the Landing the night before our wedding. We had been looking for a venue that could accommodate all of our guests and The Landing was the only place, in the middle of a summer on a Saturday, that was willing to meet with us. We... Read More worked with Amanda and my husband and I still can't believe how professional and sincere she was throughout the planning process and night of the event. Amanda and her staff helped to set up all of our Welcome Bags and made the place look absolutely amazing! The food was outstanding and they were open to different ideas to truly make this event fit our style. We were beyond pleased with how the night turned out and can't thank everyone enough! Especially Amanda and all of her help throughout the year with planning our welcome party on July 15! Anybody interested in a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, small gathering, or even just getting dinner in Newport should go to The Landing!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Kevin H

When my husband and I decided to get married after nearly 10 years together, we had this vision of a very intimate city hall ceremony followed by a huge party a few months later. We wanted a setting for the party that was beautiful but also low-key. Because of family connections... Read More in Newport and the amount of time we spend there, we knew there had to be a spot that was exactly what we were looking for--and we found it at The Landing. The second floor of The Landing surprised us a bit with its casual elegance; the room was bright and open, with incredible harbor views. For such a popular spot--there was a huge crowd downstairs that day--it still afforded us the kind of intimate setting we had envisioned. If anything, the buzz below around the Wharf only added to the celebratory vibe of the day. The bartenders and servers were efficient and fun, making our guests feel at home. The food was perfect, and they kept the drinks--we had an open bar--aflowing. The Landing's event coordinator Amanda did an incredible job of curating the perfect three-hour experience, helping us figure out our dining plan, our decor, and entertainment. It's a bit of a hidden gem, but it shone brightly that night. We were fortunate to have spectacular weather (especially since it was still April, which can be iffy in New England), and the sunset viewed from the length of the restaurant made all of our photographs even more special. It was exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Kathy B

The Landing was the perfect location for the Rehearsal Dinner for my son & his wife in May. As our guests enjoyed drinks before the delicious dinner, they also enjoyed seeing a beautiful sunset over the harbor from our private function room upstairs. Amanda was a pleasure to... Read More work with. She was easy to reach and always responded promptly to any questions I had, via e-mail or phone. She offered great suggestions on menu/bar choices, as well as room set-up and decorating. We dropped off the boxes of my decorations during the afternoon of the event & when we walked into the room the evening of the dinner, it looked even more beautiful than I had imagined it would look, thanks to Amanda! We are so happy that we started off the Wedding Weekend at The Landing!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Claire D

We used The Landing for our Rehearsal Dinner and it was perfect! The staff was great as well as location and venue. We did a 50 person buffet dinner with open bar and it was perfect for our group. Everyone had a great time and the recently done over 2nd floor room is so pretty... Read More and perfect for an event.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Kelly R

The Landing was an amazing spot for our Rehearsal Dinner! Amanda was so helpful and went above and beyond to make our dream for the night come true! I can't imagine a better place to have kicked off our wedding weekend!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Lauren B

We loved our outdoor dockside wedding at The Landing. From the very beginning, the staff was extremely helpful and responded to any emails and questions quickly. The venue itself is intimate and unique which was perfect for the 85 guests at our wedding. If your are looking for a... Read More casual, relaxed, romantic wedding, this is a great choice!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Lauren J

I had my rehearsal dinner at the Landing in June and couldn't have been happier with the service and food! Amanda was so helpful throughout the planning process and made sure that the day of went smoothly. Above all, the view is unbeatable!! I highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Michele P

We had our son's rehearsal dinner at The Landing this past June. It was beautiful. The location was excellent, the food was fantastic, Amanda our event planner was awesome and we received so many compliments about the venue and the food. And the Bride and Groom loved it... Read More too!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Jamie L

I honestly wish I could add a sixth star. This place is spectacular. Firstly, the event coordinator, Amanda, is exceptional. She is professional, detailed, kind, and so easy to work with. She was helpful from start to finish, and during our rehearsal gave us a lot of options... Read More and suggestions based on her experience. She made everything so easy. Secondly, the staff was amazing. I worked in the service industry for decades and was amazed at how unobtrusive and detailed they were. We did the clam bake menu (which, side note, blew our midwest guests away and made for a lot of really great conversation) and the staff seamed to continuously clear our shells without me even noticing; it was like magic! The food was fantastic and the bartender took especially good care of my groom. The space was so gorgeous, our photographer was in love with the light and the views. It was perfect from beginning to end. I would highly recommend this space; everything you need is on site which eliminates a lot of coordinating and stress so you can relax and have a little more fun with the people you love. I am so glad we had our ceremony and reception here. We made many great memories will will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Lisa M

The landing was the perfect spot for our rehearsal dinner! Beautiful view of the harbor, and casual, yet elegant atmosphere.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Christine G

Best Day Ever is an Understatement! The Landing Restaurant was the ideal place for our wedding. Not only is this our favorite place to hang out, eat, and enjoy drinks on a regular basis but, it was the perfect place for us to share our special day with our loved ones. Amanda... Read More was a pleasure to work with. She was always reliable and helpful in every aspect of the planning, day of events, and even after the wedding. She was my life saver! It began to pour just hours prior to our planned dock wedding. Amanda could see the concern in my face, she was so easily able to calm my nerves. She was able to problem solve on the spot! She offered me the Lobster Bar covered deck for our ceremony. She jumped into action at the last minute and was able to accommodate me and my guests. She eased my worry and the day went on without a hitch! Words can not express the gratitude my husband and I feel towards the team at The Landing. Despite the rainy day and night, Amanda and the staff at The Landing were able to make this day so special for me, my husband, and our family and friends. This was the most amazing and beautiful experience of our lives! We recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great time, location, scenery, food, atmosphere, and staff. When you think about Newport, RI weddings, think: The Landing!!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Ashley V

We held our rehearsal dinner here in April. The private room upstairs overlooking the docks and water were perfecT! We had great views and an amazing sunset that everyone went outside to take pictures on the balcony. The bar area allowed our guests to mingle and the food was... Read More great. Amanda was awesome. We dropped off the decor in boxes that morning and she had everything beautifully set up by the time we arrived. Having the set up off our plate allowed us to really enjoy the evening. So glad we chose here and recommend it to other couples! Can't beat the location and the room.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

Everything was perfect! The food was excellent, the room was beautiful, and Amanda at the Landing was wonderful to work with. She got everything perfect and ensured that the room was decorated exactly as we had asked. Couldn't have asked for more!!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Jen H

The Landing was a perfect, waterfront location for our small Fall wedding reception of 50 guests .The Landing does not charge a room fee, just a food/drink minimum, which really made this location a no-brainer. Our guests had a beautiful view of sunset on the harbor as we... Read More transitioned from cocktail hour to our entrance and dinner. I highly recommend timing your events around sunset! I have to admit we were apprehensive after initially not being impressed with our food tasting (which you will be charged around $25 for) but after speaking with the coordinator, Amanda and making a few changes to our meal selection, we were assured we would not be disappointed. As promised our food was amazing and highly complimented by our guests. We opted for Chicken Parm, Mushroom Ravioli and Baked Cod. Two of those meals were not offered on the event menu but they were very happy to get creative. The Landing also offered hot and chilled apple cider to our guests as we requested, an item that they do not normally have on hand. We were not charged extra and the addition really tied our Fall theme together. We really wanted a dessert buffet for our reception, Amanda and her team went above and beyond to bring out dessert after dessert after dessert. So many different kinds that I truly lost track. There was no additional charge for adding different options to our dessert offerings and it definitely pulled our vision together of a small scale Venetian Hour. Although our reception was beautiful and Amanda and her team were wonderful to work with, there are a few hiccups that I must mention in hopes of putting them on other brides checklists to avoid. At some point in the planning the measurements for the table lines were misunderstood, which caused us to scramble a bit to come up with a plan b, the day before the wedding. If you are not renting from a party supplier, be sure and take careful measurements yourself. We ended up with two long family style tables, which is actually what we originally wanted and looked beautiful but it did mess with our seating chart a bit. Another hiccup that took place was during our reception, the wireless microphone provided by the Landing (they have an entire audio setup) ran out of battery midway through our evening. The Landing did not have replacement batteries available and did not seem at all concerned that our DJ then had to YELL announcements across the room. It really took away from the formalness of our night, I suggest making sure batteries are fully stocked and despite the full audio setup available that your DJ still comes prepared with extra equipment. Another minor issue we heard about from our guests was the lack of signage or assistance in locating our reception. Our guests were left a bit confused as to where to find us once they arrived and found the staff was still setting up our decorations at the time of the reception due to starting only an hour or so before our cocktail hour began but the room looked stunning when complete. Guests also commented that the bathrooms were not stocked with paper towels and soap, an issue I wouldn't think I would need to address during my planning. Overall the Landing Restaurant was a gorgeous, waterfront location for our wedding reception. Amanda and her team were fabulous to work with and the price couldn't be beat, especially in the wedding capital, Newport.

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Jen H

Rehearsal Dinner/welcome Party

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

Outstanding service! Event Manager and staff went above and beyond to assist in the planning and execution of this event!

Beautiful Unique Setting

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Kelly N

We chose the Landing Restaurant because we were having a small wedding and wanted it in a unique location. My husband and I both have a love for the water but didn't want to do the popular beach wedding. The dock setting for the ceremony was absolutely gorgeous and the... Read More convenience of having the upstairs room for the reception where guests could also stand to watch the ceremony was perfect. We had the Clam Bake. The lobster was delicious! Amanda (the event coordinator) was great. She always got back to me in a timely manner and made sure everything went perfectly. I couldn't have asked for a more fabulous day!

The perfect venue for our intimate wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Alison G

My husband and I are both from RI originally and so we were looking for an intimate place in RI to have our wedding, that would also be a destination for friends traveling from out-of-town. The Landing was the perfect venue for our small(ish), non-traditional wedding! The food... Read More was fantastic and the space was perfect. Amanda was so great to work with, making suggestions as needed and following up in a timely manner, and the staff did a fantastic job following our instructions for decorations and they were all so helpful and friendly throughout the night. We couldn't have been any happier with how our day went! Thank you!

Amazing food, overall good venue

Reviewed on 7/19/2014 Nicole E

We had our wedding at this venue and our guests raved about how amazing the food was! The portions were very big as well. Our wedding coordinator met with us to go over everything prior to the wedding. I am a little extreme with planning and gave her a detailed email about setup... Read More and gave her a floor plan with details on the day of the wedding. She setup everything exactly how I wanted it, I was very impressed! Everything looked beautiful. The only negatives were that it was hard to find the coordinator during the actual reception. In this case though, the bartenders were beyond helpful and nice.

Rehearsal Dinner & Welcome Reception

Reviewed on 6/01/2014

We held the rehearsal dinner ( Clam bake with lobsters) for 25 followed by a welcome reception ( appetizers and open bar) for 60, in the upstairs event room on a Friday evening in May. Amanda and the staff were very helpful at planning the events with suggestions on the menu,... Read More table arrangements and timing! The recent remodel was done beautifully! The space is open with a lovely 180 degree view of the harbor. The food was well prepared, everything very fresh and perfectly cooked and served. We received many positive comments from our guests on the setting and the food. It was the perfect start for a wonderful weekend of wedding events. Many thanks to Amanda, you were great!

gmac

Reviewed on 10/29/2013

We were very pleased with The Landing restaurant for our reception. It being a second wedding, we had a small intimate gathering in the upstairs area. The view is spectacular, the service was great and the food was excellent, especially the lamb chop appetizers. Amanda always... Read More responded quickly to our questions and her suggestions were very helpful. She was always there to help in all ways including vendor suggestions. Everyone at the reception said how wonderful a time it was and how fun the day was. So much so that they want to go back every year and have a friends and family get-together.

Wedding & Reception at Landing

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Rachel G

What a fabulous night! Amanda Roderick & staff members were truly committed during the planning process and night of the event to accomodating every request & meeting every need I had. The food was excellent (guests are STILL raving) & the venue was intimate & beautiful, with... Read More the backdrop of the ocean. I highly recommend the landing for a great experience!