Book Your Wedding with The Living Room

A BALLROOM IN OMAHA, NE

The Living Room, located in Omaha, Nebraska, gives you an industrial, but modern feel to your event. The main attraction of the Living Room is its indoor space, but if you wish to have part of your wedding outside, the venue does offer The Terrace, which is a landscaped area of the grounds for your use and enjoyment.

The Living Room itself has open ceilings that expose the pipes and metalwork of the building to add the industrial feel of the space. The space holds over 200 guests at traditional tables and over 450 guests standing or with chairs only. The space is 3,500 square feet, which gives you a lot of room for your decorations and guests without being overly crowded. There is a space next door to the Living Room venue that has a hard surface floor that doubles as a dance floor area. The windows in the room are clerestory windows, which let in a lot of natural light. They also have remote control shades in case you need to darken the room for any reason.

The Living Room does not cater or do any setup for your event beyond setting up its own tables and chairs. You are welcome to use any vendors you desire for your wedding day. The venue doesn't provide a wedding coordinator, but instead has a venue manager that assists you in arranging your wedding day basics. When you are choosing your decorations, be aware that the Living Room does not allow anything hung on the walls, but provides hooks in select wall areas and on the overhead beams. You must consult with the venue manager before hanging any items. The venue also does not allow glitter, flame, confetti or anything that leaves a residue.

Alcohol is served on premises, but not sold, so your caterer must offer a bar that does not involve your guests paying for their drinks. There is free parking for up to 400 cars, so guests don't have to worry about paying for parking or walking to the venue from a public parking area. The venue offers a kitchen on-site with a double sink, freezer, commercial fridge and an ice maker, which your catering service uses for your event. If you wish to have speakers at your reception, want to show a video or project names on the wall, The Living Room offers a state-of-the-art audiovisual setup with a projector, mic, speakers and screen.

The Living Room venue offers a number of perks, including:

• A key fob for access to the venue
  • Luxury bathrooms with showers
  • Trash bins and dumpsters on-site for easy cleanup
  • Coat room upon request

Modern and Charming

Imagine your wedding ceremony & reception in our unique and modern event space located in North Downtown Omaha. Exposed brick walls and ceiling rafters add an element of warmth while our polished concrete floors and metal conduit add an industrial flair. Contact us today at 402.739.9154 or [email protected]!

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Loft, Museum

Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1111 N 13th St, Omaha, NE (402) 739-9154

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Brandi R

We could not be happier with choosing The Living Room for our wedding venue! The space is both beautiful and unique, and was perfect for our industrial/modern ceremony and reception!! The uniqueness of the venue is definitely carried throughout the entire Mastercraft building... Read More it's located in as well! Most importantly, we were blown away by the Event Manager, Jacobi, from day one! She was professional, friendly, organized, prompt on her responses, and keeps the venue well maintained. (This was something that we did not see in all the other venues we visited before making our decision.) Quite honestly, it was Jacobi that ended up being our deciding factor to book The Living Room! We were so impressed with the way she presents herself and how she represents the venue. In the end, she ended up making the entire experience stress free and easy for us!

2017-09-21T14:12:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Brandi! You were such a beautiful bride and I was truly honored to be a part of your day! - Jacobi

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Lindsey L

The Living Room, in downtown Omaha, did such a flawless job of hosting both our wedding ceremony and reception on March 4th, 2017. Jacobi was a pleasure to work with throughout the details and configuring process and was never against sticking around late to make sure I could... Read More check everything off my list. We were able to setup our reception the day before, as I did not hire a wedding planner, and that was one of the biggest breaths of relief for me, because I wanted to be such a big part of that process and the venues overall look. As little requests would come to mind last minute, there was never hesitation on Jacobi's part and I can't say enough good words about her for all of that. Hiring in our own dinner food, bar, live band and desserts was the absolute most attractive draw about The Living Room and I'm so glad we chose that route. Thank you again to The Living Room for helping make our big day a reality and a memory we'll forever cherish!

2017-05-08T15:24:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Lindsey! I loved being a part of your big day. And I will say that you chose an awesome band! They were so fun!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Abby B

The LR was a wonderful venue for our ceremony and reception! It's unique, interesting, and easy to make "your own". We had around 200 guests for our wedding, and although I was initially concerned about space, it wasn't an issue at all. Jacobi (the venue manager) was wonderful... Read More throughout the process. A different manager was in place when we initially signed with the LR, and Jacobi worked with us to ensure that there were no difficulties in the transition to working with her as a manager. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Mastercraft (ceremony/dance in Higgins and dinner in LR), and it was fantastic to have both spaces adjacent to one another (very convenient for our guests too!) We placed our head table in the center of the LR for dinner, and it worked out beautifully. Also, we had a 6-person live band for the reception, and there was plenty of room for dancing, as well as tables/chairs lining the room for folks to sit. I would highly recommend it!

2017-01-03T09:30:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Abby! Your wedding was truly beautiful and I am so glad The Living Room was able to be a part of it. - Jacobi

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Nikki S

The Living Room was a beautiful venue for our reception after our return from our destination wedding. It was fantastic that it allowed you to bring your own food and drink as we were limited on budget after the trip. Jacobi did an amazing job getting us prepped, long before... Read More our day came. The one downside is accent lighting is limited so photos weren't as great as they could have been with a professional photographer. I highly recommend it!

2018-01-02T09:39:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks Nikki! I loved how you turned our space into a warm tropical getaway in the month of December! So fun!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Taylor F

Choosing The Living Room as our venue was one of the best decisions we made! The space is large, beautiful and flexible. It fit our industrial/vintage vibe perfectly. Our guests loved it as well. Jacobi is absolutely wonderful to work with! She responded to all our questions... Read More promptly and professionally. She was flexible and friendly. Jacobi made us feel confident everything was being taken care of! I would (and have) recommended the space to other brides.

2017-12-02T13:45:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks Taylor! I loved how you incorporated the Fall season into your decor. It was a truly beautiful day! - Jacobi

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Amanda D

I could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding! They have both indoor and outdoor areas with multiple rooms inside, so there were so many options for us. You also get to bring in your own food, drinks, etc. Jacobi was so wonderful to work with and was quick to help... Read More with any questions or concerns. I highly recommend for any couple who is looking to do the ceremony and reception at the same place.

2017-10-19T15:03:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you Amanda! I'm so happy the weather cooperated and it turned out to be a beautiful day for you both!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Tiffany T

The Livingroom was everything we wanted in a venue. I knew the minute I walked in that was where we would get married. Jacobi was so great to work with! She was available anytime I had a question, floor plan change, or needed to visit the venue. There were no surprises, and... Read More our wedding day was perfect! I'm

2017-10-04T10:11:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Tiffany! It was fun to see our space used in a unique way for your ceremony and reception!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Jennifer R

The Living Room was exactly what we had been looking for in a venue. Affordable, AND we were able to use the vendors of our choice! We had an open bar so all we needed was a security guard which they provided and that was one less thing to have to book. We had many compliments... Read More on how amazing a venue it was because of the look. I would recommend them to anyone

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Stephanie Z

Our venue was breathtaking and exactly what we were looking for. When my husband and I had our first appointment, we talked to Marisa Tomlinson. She helped us seal the deal with her positive and charismatic attitude. We felt confident in our choice. Six months later, we received... Read More an email from Jacobi, the new venue manager. I was a little alarmed, but hoped that everything would work out. I visited the venue twice before the ceremony and reception to check measurements and to show the venue off to friends and family. Jacobi was friendly enough, but was distant and difficult to communicate with. She did not attempt to make small talk or make me feel at ease with a new venue manager. At one point, my matron of honor asked her if she would have her wedding at the Living Room and she replied right away with a definite "No." I was once again alarmed, but hoped for the best. The day before the wedding we were allowed to decorate, which was super helpful and less stressful, however, as we were decorating Jacobi did not acknowledge us while she was waiting for another couple to tour the venue. The same thing happened the next day on our wedding day. I loved our wedding and our venue, but wish our building manager would have been more helpful and acted like she enjoyed her job.

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Christina H

We really loved our reception at the LIVING Room! It is a great building with a lot of character, got some fantastic pictures as you're allowed to go around the whole building. Inside and outside shots were amazing! They have a great sound system available as we didn't hire a... Read More professional DJ. I just made playlists on Spotify (premium membership for a few months is WAY cheaper!) and paid a teen to run music and paid a friend to MC. the down side was no official dance floor as we could have used ceremony room but there was no sound system in there. Also, didn't think about asking if a ladder was available for decorating so not all of my vision came to fruition and it was rather dark in the area we ended up doing our first dance. I could have planned that a little better. It was a little hard to find the staff person throughout the night when needed as well. As she stayed on site but there wasn't any direct communication available that I was made aware of. I also never thought of the backdrop for our pictures as we had the head table in the middle of the room but for the speeches, the kitchen door was directly behind us 😩 But overall everyone raved about what a cool venue it was and so unique. We loved it! Stinks there is such a learning curve to figure all this out but won't have to use these skills again now (maybe for our kids lol!) but highly recommend the living room!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Mariah C

The Living Room was the only venue I looked at because I absolutely fell in love with it! I loved the industrial vibe, the metal beams, and wood. Everyone complimented us on how gorgeous our ceremony and reception were. I mainly picked this venue because you can choose your own... Read More vendors and my parent's own a catering/ food truck business so this was a perfect fit for us. I loved the parking and the location to downtown was nice for our guests. Working with the Living Room for a year plus I did end up working with three different managers, which was frustrating at times. Jacobi was the latest manager and she was always available and willing to answer any of my questions and she was very, very prompt in answering everything! There were a few small hiccups the day of the wedding like the gate didn't open early enough for us to get in the venue to decorate, leftover rentals from the wedding the Friday before and candles I had rented from the venue not being set out, but overall it was a GREAT experience and I would recommend The Living Room to any DIY, modern bride!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Angela E

This was an elegant venue with rustic charm. It was the perfect spot for our love of downtown omaha with a lot of beautiful space for your guests and no worry about parking. Downtown can get busy Friday and Saturday but you have private parking in a gated area. There's also... Read More plenty of oportunity for beautiful pictures around downtown and in the beautiful spaces with antique furnature at the Living Room itself. The venue planner was on top of everything and knew how to help keep us comfortable and help our night go smooth. She even created a space just for me and my girls to get ready in. They were very professional, very kind and personable, no extra fees, honest, and willing to answer any and all questions. Our wedding was better than I imagined it could be. People even told me "it was just like a movie" "unique and beautiful"

2017-05-17T12:59:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you Angela! I am so glad everything turned out exactly how you envisioned it! Wishing you and Forrest the best!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Jamie O

We loved The Living Room from the moment we saw it and couldn't be more pleased with how our wedding ceremony and reception played out. The Higgins room went from our ceremony, to the dinner serving area, to the dance floor with the extra space being a game room. The transitions... Read More went smoothly and quickly during cocktail hour and again after dinner was served that none of our guests knew what was going on! Jacobi was awesome at keeping all vendors on the same page as to what was happening and when. She was phenomenal to work with from the day we met. No matter how many emails I sent (many of which I'm sure I asked the same questions over and over) she always replied quickly and answered all questions thoroughly. At first, I was worried about the rooms being divided but it worked out perfectly. I expressed my concern and Jacobi worked out the perfect lay out for every guest to be able to watch the first dance and things. I also felt that many older family members hung out longer as they could escape the loud music easily. The Living Room was an excellent choice for us and we loved the vibe it set for our night!

2017-02-20T15:42:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks Jamie! I am so glad we were able to make everything work just as you envisioned Your friends and family were so fun to interact with and I could tell everyone was having a great time!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Biz F

What a beautiful space to have your wedding! The staff was exceptionally helpful leading up to the wedding and on the day of. This is a great venue if you want the flexibility to choose your own vendors and to design the space to be as you please. We had a brunch wedding, but... Read More ended up lowering the blinds which, with the bistro lights, made the space SO cozy! It's close to downtown and tons of hotels, has plenty of parking, and offers a number of options to make the room(s) special for your event.

2017-02-20T15:15:44 Response from the vendor

Thanks Biz! I really loved your intimate ceremony and reception. Definitely one of a kind! Jacobi

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 D V

This was the perfect venue for us. It was beautiful and Jacobi, manager, was amazing to work with during the entire process. It was an amazing space with tons of perfect places for pictures. Could not have picked a better venue.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Madonna R

The venue is beautiful, Jacobi is wonderful to work with and our Event Specialist was amazing. They deserve all 5 stars. Great to work with.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Laura R

Having our wedding here truly made the evening magical. When we started wedding planning we knew we wanted simple and rustic to be our motto. The Living Room was the first venue we looked at and after 5 mins I knew it was the place I would get married. The brick and exposed... Read More beams were so beautiful that we didn't need to add much décor of our own. Jacobi was amazing with answering all of our questions and reassuring us before the big day. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kim G

This is a wonderful, fun, cool and cozy venue! They had a few management changes BUT never failed to stay on track and help me with getting ready for the big day! The bath tub is by far the best part to the venue. Thank you so much Jacobi!!

2016-10-05T09:31:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! My goal is to always make sure each and every wedding is exactly how the couple dreamed it would be. I am so glad that we were able to do that for you! Sincerely, Jacobi

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Brooke D

beautiful, industrial wedding venue. It was a perfect place for my bohemian wedding & the manager Jacobi is absolutely delightful. She works very well with your needs/wants, gets in contact with your vendors/caterers, wedding planners, plus much more. She made my wedding day so... Read More much less stressful, so I was able to enjoy my big day even more. I wouldn't have had my wedding anywhere else

2016-09-19T10:12:24 Response from the vendor

Brooke, Thank you for your kind words! I really enjoyed working with you and your family and would be honored to have you back again and again. -Jacobi

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Jessica D

Such a beautiful space. I just wish the facilities manager from the Mastercraft was friendly. She was extremely rude to my mother and yelled at her the morning of the wedding and was rude to me (the bride). I asked her about using a microphone during our reception, and she... Read More became so upset with me that I had not asked her prior to the reception starting. I also called the day before the wedding to make sure we could stay until 1:00, and she said that she didn't have staff to cover the venue past twelve and told us we couldn't be there past midnight - although written in our contract it clearly states we had until 1:00 for clean up.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Melissa R

I don't know if there are words to describe how The Living Room and staff exceeded all expectations we may have had, but I will give it a try. We were drawn to the venue for its unique architecture and the way it complimented the rustic vintage theme we were shooting for. Long... Read More before choosing a location we knew there were a few other vendors we wanted to incorporate. The Living Room is great for those who want to customize their vendors instead of being required to use what is offered. As a diy bride this was the perfect location. Then there was the staff....they were even better. Marisa was amazing. She was always there to make the day run smoothly. From offering to grab more tea when we thought we used it all to thinking of alternative ideas for music when we had technical difficulties...not to mention all of the things she did behind the scenes so I wouldn't have to stress about anything. Her and her staff helped make an already wonderful day even better than we could have ever pictured. If we had to do it all over again we definitely chose the Living Room again.

2016-05-25T13:20:12 Response from the vendor

Melissa, you are so sweet! It was really fun to have you and Jeff. Your kind and gentle nature exuded from everything you guys did. It was so lovely to be able to be a small part of such a beautiful event.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Melissa C

There are too many great things about this venue I cannot even begin to explain. The uniqueness of the building and all of the furniture in it was perfect for pictures. Marisa was absolutely fantastic to work with, super positive at all times and checked on me enough to see if I... Read More needed anything. They work terrific with any vendor you bring in to the venue and make sure everything is set up and ran the way you and your spouse want it. At least go check this place out if you're on the fence; you will be so amazed at what you can do with the place!

2016-05-18T13:30:28 Response from the vendor

It's always fun to work with a couple who are so clearly crazy about each other as you two are! Having you at the Living Room was a blessing. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed on 5/14/2016

We loved this place. This is one of the last few venues around that allows you to bring in your own food and booze. Our guests had an amazing time and Marisa was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process and while we had so much freedom, she was willing to provide her own... Read More advice for how to best utilize the space! This is a fantastic, contemporary space for any DIY-wedding couple.

2016-05-16T09:18:24 Response from the vendor

We loved having you! Your reception was absolutely gorgeous. It was fun to see the creative ways you guys decorated. Wishing you a long, happy marriage!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016

Overall, I would totally do our wedding reception at the Living Room again! What originally drew us to the venue was the exposed brick and open rafters that give the space an urban-chic feel. What sold us on the Living Room was the flexibility in being able to choose any and all... Read More vendors that best suited us and fit our needs. The staff was great and eased all stress and concerns leading up to the day. Marissa was fast in responding and always willing to make sure all our needs were met with the venue. The location is also great as it is close to numerous of hotels downtown and has ample parking for guests. The Living Room did not disappoint one bit and we are so happy we chose to have our reception at this venue!

2016-05-06T08:58:09 Response from the vendor

We were so honored to have you with us at the Living Room! It was so fun to watch you as your friends surprised you with a song and then a video from all of your friends in Korea. Yours is a night that makes... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Dana A

When we first decided to go with the living room, it was mostly because of the rustic architecture. After a few months of planning, we had wondered if we made the right decision. Catering was on our own, decorating was on our own, and we began to get overwhelmed with expenses... Read More and time management. Just recently, venue management had changed. Marisa's assistant, Jordan, spoke with my mom on the phone insisting that she come in for a tour. My mom went in for the tour and we quickly found out that we were making a great decision with this venue. Marisa and Jordan even allowed us to peek at another weddings decor before the ceremony. We were completely astonished at how hospitable Marisa and Jordan were. I would recommend this venue to ANYONE. These two were a pure joy to work with. The building is absolutely amazing with such a rich history! We even made our ceremony programs to include this history! Love it and can't wait to walk down the isle on Friday!

2016-04-04T09:32:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so excited to have you at the Living Room!

Meet The Manager

Jacobi Goodell

I truly enjoy working with couples on their wedding day from start to finish. From the initial tour, to creating a floor plan, to the actual event - I love every step! I love how every wedding at The Living Room is unique and no two are the exact same!