The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort

1325 Broadway, Sonoma, CA

Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 1/09/2015

It is hard for me to give a definitive positive or negative title to my review, as I have mixed feelings regarding the venue for my 11/22/14 wedding reception. But as with all reviews, each one is their own experience. So I think it's safer just to list the pros and cons I've experienced. Pros: The venue, overall, was beautiful. The tent and stone building left guests in awe. Guests also loved their cottages. Mine had a slight issue with natural lighting which made hair and makeup slightly tricky, but the room was lovely nonetheless. We had an amazing tasting a year prior to the event. The tasting menu was very creative the food tasted exactly, if not, better the night of the event. The staff, especially the banquet captain, was very attentive to our needs during the reception. The reception, overall was more than what we could ask for. The hotel was able to accommodate the additional rooms in our room block, and even had a room for me when I realized I didn't reserve my own room the night before the wedding! Cons: Leading up to the event and following the event, the only issue I experienced was with the accounting/billing department. They do not listen to the client, and charge your account on their own accord, without proper authorization from the client- more appropriately, commit fraudulent activity on your account.

Perfect for our December wedding!

Reviewed on 12/24/2014 Meghan M

If you want to get married in Sonoma do it here! We had our ceremony in The Stone Room and the reception in the Ballroom. It was amazing. The food was spectacular (guests are still requesting more.) I barely had to add any decorations because the hotel was decorated for Christmas. The staff was helpful and accommodating. Our event coordinator was kind and very helpful- she helped make sure the day went smoothly. I took one star off of service because the response via emails was slower than I would have liked (rarely did I get a response the next day.) And because I would have liked for them to make sure we were scheduling things like the tasting on time. But I resolved that by sending emails asking- what next? We were able to block off rooms for our guests at a slightly discounted rate (they were still pretty expensive for my friends.) I would definitely recommend using The Lodge at Sonoma and look forward to planning another event there.

Best catering package a girl could ask for!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Kristen E

Working with the Lodge was a dream. We hired them for catering our wedding at Cline Cellars and they were amazing. The food was incredible, we had so many compliments! The package included a wedding cake with a choice of two bakeries which was awesome, one less thing to worry about. The Lodge also provided us with a day-of coordinator, Alena, who was so sweet and organized. She really put all my anxieties at ease and made our wedding a breeze. I just can't say enough about how great the Lodge is, I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Beautiful place

Reviewed on 7/04/2013 Sarah M

i love this place and service was great

nice cottages

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Rene' S

Beautiful hotel and the rooms were large enough. Was upgraded to the cottages with a king bed, separate bath.

Overall Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 8/04/2012 Carly M

Food was fabulous. Service is fantastic. A wedding coordinator can be hired for $300 through the venue. The whole night went off without a worry due to such a wonderful team.

Pefect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Josie D

I had my wedding at The Lodge in June 2012. I would recommend paying the extra $300 for the wedding coordinator. Our coordinator was amazing, very organized and so helpful. She also responded to my emails so quickly. I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of my wedding. Our wedding went so smooth and was very well organized. The staff went above and beyond. I received so many compliments on the food (excellent food), the grounds (so pretty), and the great service. The food was really top of the line. We offered our guests the choice of filet mignon, halibut, and chicken. Our starter salad was amazing. The location is so pretty. We took our pictures at The Lodge and they turned out beautiful because it provides such a pretty backdrop. I can't say enough about The Lodge. Most of my guests stayed at The Lodge and although a little pricey were so happy with the room accommodations. I highly recommend having a wedding at The Lodge at Sonoma. I wish I could do it all again!

The location, our day = A Perfect day ♥

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Valerie R

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the Lodge and it was Perfect! The ceremony was out on the lawn, and reception was held at the Cisneros Bistro . Everything was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for a better location. The staff were all very helpful and very nice. The food was DELICIOUS and the patio area where our reception was held looked BEAUTIFUL. I am so pleased with how our wedding turned out, and soo glad we selected the Lodge. Our room was beautiful, we truly enjoyed our stay. Our wedding planner Tracy, was extremely professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process. I too wish I could relive the entire event. It was the PERFECT DAY ♥ I would strongly recommend The Lodge to anyone getting married in Sonoma. Thank you again!

The Lodge at Sonoma was the perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 8/04/2011 Robin C

The Lodge at Sonoma was an amazing wedding venue! The lawn area and stone building were set up beautifully for the ceremony and reception. The food was delicious – we chose the lemon caper chicken, cabernet beef tenderloin and ricotta cheese ravioli. We also received so many compliments from all of our guests – about the venue, food & service. Our coordinator, Brooke, was extremely helpful throughout the planning process and kept our wedding timeline on track. I wish I could relive the entire event – it was perfect. I would recommend The Lodge to anyone getting married in Sonoma County!

gorgeous hotel for guests!

Reviewed on 5/16/2011 Leela R

we stayed at The Lodge for our wedding and can not say enough great things about it. they were very accomodating, had great service and were able to take very good care of us for the weekend, including keeping the bars open later for us the night of our wedding so that our guests had somewhere to go afterwards. the only issue was that you have to put down money for a room block, so we were not able to do that for our guests. we are still thrilled though that this is the hotel we will want to go stay at for our anniversaries!

My wedding venue- Loved it!

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 Megan B

I held my wedding ceremony and reception at the Lodge and it was amazing. The ceremony was on the garden lawn, and reception was in the stone building. Everything was beautiful and I couldn't have had a better location. The staff was so nice and very helpful. We also got great room discounts for guests and ourselves, and the rooms were amazing. And even though you have to use their caterer, the food was delicious and we had many options to choose from. I am so pleased with how my wedding turned out, and am so glad I chose the Lodge at Sonoma.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 SHERRIE P

We wanted to get married outdoors... the garden was perfect for the ceremony and cocktail hour.;It can get REALLY hot in the summer months.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Ashley L

The food was AMAZING! The hotel grounds are absolutely beautiful and calming and perfect for pictures and outdoor ceremonies and receptions. The on-site event managers and banquet staff were really on top of things helpful and great. The entire hotel staff is really top-rate

Rating for The Lodge at Sonoma

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 MiMi W

Reviewed on 8/27/2007 Casey M

The stone Room and Garden are possibly the best indoor and outdoor venue in Sonoma. Gorgeous flowers & fountain & the Stone Room is great for dancing & all the wedding activites. The full service staff and fabulous food top it all off.;A few details were not taken care of for us-things we didn't think about, like having the staff bring in our guestbook. It was left outside, so after it got dark & the party moved inside, the guestbook was forgotten. Some of the candles we made for favors were thrown away when the staff broke the dinner tables down as well, another detail that should have been taken care of better. Otherwise, they were great.

Send Email