The Loft at Walnut Hill Farm, LLC

Bedford, IN

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Loft at Walnut Hill Farm, LLC

A BARN IN BEDFORD, IN

Just minutes from Bloomington and Bedford, Indiana, the Loft at Walnut Hill Farm is a hidden gem, the ideal venue for your country-chic wedding celebration. Bordering Stone Crest Golf Course in the rolling farm land of southern Indiana, the Loft at Walnut Hill Farm is a one-of-a-kind destination for your indoor or outdoor ceremony and reception for up to 300 guests. Depending on your wedding vision, you can choose from the following unique venues at Walnut Hill Farm:

The Loft. An authentic Dutch hoop barn centers the property and its distinctive rounded silhouette commands lots of attention. The Loft, which is ground level from the front is a vintage setting for a ceremony, seated banquet reception or dancing the night away. Fully climate-controlled and furnished with three antique, 1860s chandeliers from the old Bedford Post Office, the Loft is a blank canvas for your wedding decor. It can accommodate up to 230 guests, depending on your seating and event flow chart.

The Deck. A 12-by-24-foot outdoor deck is attached to the Loft, adding extra seating space or serving as an ideal platform for your live entertainment or DJ.

The Hoop Barn Basement. This homey space works as a setup for your buffet line or as an indoor casual cocktail area.

The Pavilion. This huge, outdoor, covered pavilion can accommodate up to 300 guests for an outdoor banquet and dancing reception. There's a large open dance floor adjacent to the pavilion that can also be arranged with banquet or cocktail tables for extra event space.

The Farrowing Barn. This completely refurbished structure is attached to the pavilion and serves as the caterer's kitchen. There's also a groom's lounge and dressing room as well as men's and women's bathrooms for your guests.

The Cottage. This quaint five-room cottage is reserved for the bride and her party on the day of the wedding. There are two spacious bedrooms, a fully-equipped bathroom and two large sunrooms for relaxing with a mimosa or cup of tea.

The Loft at Walnut Hill Farm is an exclusive venue, hosting just one event per day, so you and your wedding party will have plenty of time to get the ideal wedding photos for your album. Your venue rental package includes access to the Loft and all other event spaces, as well as 10 acres of lovely farm land. There are several different props and decor items available for use, including whiskey barrels, easels and antique furniture. There are 400 white chairs, 30 round tables and 25 rectangular tables available for use Table linens and cloth napkins are available for rent at a nominal fee.

You are responsible for hiring all your outside wedding professionals as well as the services of a wedding coordinator if you'd like one. There is a list of preferred vendors for everything from catering, to entertainment to flowers; the staff is happy to make recommendations for you.

You can add extra perks to your Loft at Walnut Hill Farm wedding to make your event even more memorable:

• An overnight stay in the rustic cottage for the bride and groom the night of the wedding
  • Host your rehearsal dinner at the farm, availability permitting
  • Book a party bus to transport your guests to and from their in-town accommodations

Elegant Country Wedding Venue For Any Bride

The loft is located on a beautiful farm with rolling hills and meadows. The Dutch Hoop barn has a walk-in loft perfect for ceremonies and receptions, with a deck. The pavilion seats about 250, has a kitchen, restrooms, and dressing room. There is a cottage, rustic barn and meadows for ceremonies.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Loft

1317 Bennett Rd., Bedford, IN (812) 275-6938

Reviewed on 5/15/2016

Our daughter was married there May 7, 2016 and they did a fantastic job from A to Z. This venue is clean, beautiful and they take pride in what they do there. The attention to detail was amazing. Sharon Armstrong is wonderful to work with. Our thanks to Sharon, Ashley, and Tish... Read More for an awesome venue. Our guests loved it!

2016-05-16T20:52:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such an awesome review! Your daughter's wedding was beautiful and we are so pleased that we were able to be a small part of your daughter's special day!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Tobie R

Our wedding was at The Loft on October 22, 2016. My bridal party and I spent the morning getting ready in the Cottage, which is such a great space to relax and prep for the day. There is a ton of natural lighting for hair/makeup prep and for some amazing pictures. Our ceremony... Read More was held outside in front of the old barn, which was decorated beatifically by Becky Hicks. The fall foliage surrounding the area helped to create a lovely backdrop for the day. Cocktail hour was in the stunning Loft with the reception following in the Pavilion. The evening got a little chilly after the sun went down, but our guests kept warm around the outdoor heaters provided by the venue. Sharon and her staff are phenomenal! They pay attention to every single detail no matter how big or small. They were there to help with whatever we needed throughout the day. I could not have asked for a more perfect day or wonderful venue for my wedding/reception. Thank you!

2016-11-11T15:41:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We loved hosting you, your bridal party, and guests. We loved seeing your wedding pictures with your own personal flare with the motorcycle in the field! Thank you for sharing your photos with us. We loved them!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lauren S

My fiance and I had trouble with our original venue, and we had to switch to the Loft. Honestly, we're so glad we did, and our day was better for it. First off, the property is gorgeous. You'll see that immediately if you take a tour. One thing we really loved is that there are... Read More so many options, and you get so much for your money. Beforehand, the ladies were able to get ready in the (ADORABLE) cottage, and the guys were able to hang out in the hoop barn. We had our ceremony in front of the old barn, but we loved being able to have the hoop barn as an indoor option in case of rain. The wedding party and family were able to relax and have a celebratory drink in the cottage after the ceremony, too, and the grounds provided room for everyone to play lawn games and roast marshmallows. But all that aside, Sharon and Ashley are great people to work with. We were from out of town, and they were quick to provide tours, information and tips. They do everything in their power to make sure the property is ready for your day, and they are incredibly upstanding and professional. Once we booked with them, I knew we weren't going to have any more venue drama. We got so many compliments on the venue, and it really was amazing.

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Amanda M

Our ceremony and reception were held at the Loft in August. We (and all of our guests) loved the venue. The space itself can be transformed into exactly what you want...low key or more formal/fancy depending on your taste. So many options on layout (we had our ceremony in the... Read More gorgeous hoop barn and our reception down in the pavilion). The kids had plenty of space to run and had fun watching the cows nearby. Serving as my own event planner from across the country, Sharon & Ashley were so easy to work with. The weekend of our wedding was rainy up until a few hours before the ceremony..Sharon and her husband came to the farm in the morning and literally pushed water out from the pavilion so that we would have a dry space. The family really takes pride in their space and it shows by all their hard work and extra effort. I would recommend the Loft to anyone I know whether it be for weddings or just large gatherings. Thanks again for being a part of our special day!

2016-09-24T17:23:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing 5-star review! Thank you for seeing and appreciating all of the hard work and dedication we have put into our venue to make each bride's wedding day unique and special. It may have been pouring up until your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Chelsea S

I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue. The farm is beautiful and has so options with how you can set your wedding up. I had my ceremony inside the barn and my reception out on the pavilion and it was perfect. Sharon, the owner, is so great. She was helpful... Read More throughout the whole process from start to finish and was so generous to us. She helped us figure out quick solutions to our cold weather that day and was simply amazing through it all. I could not have asked for a better venue for my rustic wedding and it was even better than I envisioned. Plus, it was very affordable and they allow you to use any vendors you want. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who asks!

2016-06-03T22:28:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5-star review! Your wedding and reception were absolutely gorgeous! We loved that we could be a small part of your special day! We love that your rustic wedding was even better than you could envision! I am glad you and your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Jessica T

My husband and I got married on April 30, 2016 and it was everything we could have imagined! The venue is very clean and simply beautiful. Sharon and Ashley do a magnificent job making sure your day is perfect! They are very friendly, easy to work with, and very helpful with... Read More any questions you may have before your big day. Even with living a pretty good distance from the venue it was so easy to plan with them. We could not thank them enough for being a part of our special day. We highly recommend this lovely venue!

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Wendy W

This farm is truly amazing. The time, attention, and love that has been put in is incredible. It is very rare to find a place where you can have the rehearsal (and rehearsal dinner), ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, pictures, and bridal cottage ALL in one place just steps... Read More from each other! All at a very reasonable price when compared to other venues where you get much less. We have been working with Sharon.....who is absolutely wonderful! She is patient with all my questions and let us tour the property several times! It is everything I envisioned for our wedding day and I can't wait for it to arrive!! The view of the rolling country side is unbeatable and perfectly "Indiana". Everyone we showed it to fell in love with it instantly. It was the only place we toured and the easiest decision we made!

Beautiful, family-owned venue

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Krissi T

I toured The Loft at Walnut Hill on Saturday as a possible venue for my wedding and my heart MELTED!! This is the most beautiful barn and property I have ever seen. They thought of everything. The attention to detail is spectacular. The property has everything you could think... Read More of... The Loft is heated and cooled. It smells great and has gorgeous chandeliers. The basement of the loft has extra event space as well as a bar made from the original dairy cow milking stations that were built into the barn's foundation. The pavilion is really big and also has chandeliers hanging from the rafters. Accessible from the pavilion are men's and women's restrooms that smell wonderful and are perfectly clean, a men's dressing room, plus a full working kitchen with 2 (soon to be 3) ranges! The pavilion also has large round bulbs that line the stairs and the deck railing, which looks beautiful at night. There is a cozy, refinished and tastefully decorated cottage for the bride to get ready in. There is also an option to rent the cottage overnight for $200. There is also plenty of parking space in a gravel lot. My sister (aka maid of honor) came with me for my tour. Amy greeted us and Ashley gave us a tour. Both were really nice and had bubbly personalities. The Armstrong family seem to be very easy to work with, which makes things more enjoyable for everyone. :) They haven't put limitations on everything, which seems to be rare. I've toured lots of locations in and around the Bloomington area and there is either an extra cost for every little thing or you are limited to what you can do. Basically at The Loft at Walnut Hill... what you see is what you get. It's all included in the cost and the possibilities really are endless with this place. There are multiple sites for the ceremony with really beautiful views of the land. There are whiskey barrels for decor and plenty tables and chairs to use at your leisure, which is super nice since renting tables and chairs can get expensive on top of the venue and catering prices. This will be the perfect event space for my country themed wedding and I cannot wait to see it all play out. I'm hoping that I can post follow-up reviews along the way!

2014-11-15T18:59:52 Response from the vendor

Wow, Thank you for the wonderful review! We could not have described our venue better than what was put into words here! We cannot wait to be a small piece of your beautiful day next fall!